RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Nishankly Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:Italy has done as many tests as Germany....  10.2k per 1M people compared to 10.9k per 1M people.  The issue is relative health of the population, demographics and hospital capacity.  Oh and UK is at 2.7k per 1 ML.

Here's the list of hospital beds by country:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_hospital_beds

it's shameful where the US stands.

India in that list rofl

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Unique Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:42 pm

so let me get this right. germany are leading the way on how to stop the spread of the virus and the uk have been embarrassing yet germany has twice as many people infected. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Italy has done as many tests as Germany....  10.2k per 1M people compared to 10.9k per 1M people.  The issue is relative health of the population, demographics and hospital capacity.  Oh and UK is at 2.7k per 1 ML.

@redneck nascar
Sorry, let me quote that, so that you understand.

the testing tells you how many people have it not who will die.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Yeah they have, but you're ignoring where the testing occurred. Italy's testing has occurred in the midst of a crisis. They had to ramp up testing to try and get a hold on what they were dealing with.

Germany has tested proactively.

The fatality rate does have to do with demographics, health of population and hospital capacity, but those things are all directly related to how much testing is occurring versus when the outbreak had started to appear in a country. Except for, perhaps, health of population, and you'd have to have the healthiest fucking population in the world to explain the fatality rate of Germany versus the UK right now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:49 pm

I'm done here.

-25% insulting other users
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:52 pm

CBarca wrote:

Yeah they have, but you're ignoring where the testing occurred. Italy's testing has occurred in the midst of a crisis. They had to ramp up testing to try and get a hold on what they were dealing with.

Germany has tested proactively.

The fatality rate does have to do with demographics, health of population and hospital capacity, but those things are all directly related to how much testing is occurring versus when the outbreak had started to appear in a country. Except for, perhaps, health of population, and you'd have to have the healthiest fucking population in the world to explain the fatality rate of Germany versus the UK right now.
its very very simple. if you are old and sick you are high risk of dying if you are young and fit then you should live. now either most of the people getting it in germany are young and fit or germany have found a way to cure old sick people.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:54 pm

Yep, you're correct unique. Good job, you figured it out.

You're a smart young man
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:54 pm

When did this turn into defending national pride?

UK has done an embarrassing job of it via government along with their spread of information of it.

What is your agenda behind ceaselessly defending the nation for their incompetence here?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:54 pm

-25% insulting other users
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:58 pm

Arquitecto wrote:When did this turn into defending national pride?

UK has done an embarrassing job of it via government along with their spread of information of it.

What is your agenda behind ceaselessly defending the nation for their incompetence here?
are you trolling. you have to be trolling
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:00 pm

More curious on why you are so vehemently defending how UK has handled this to which stats or base-rate heuristics have shown its been done incompetently. That is undeniable by this point.

CSpurs question for you how do you see it panning out for Germany & Spain, in say the next two months? Answer when you can
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:00 pm

if the UK have been incompetent with 41,000 infected then germany must be incompetent with 93,000 infected.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 pm

Unique, infection rate doesn't mean anything. Infection rate = number of confirmed cases. And the number of confirmed cases doesn't mean anything when only a fraction of each nation's population is tested.

If the whole of UK's population got tested overnight and UK cases jumped to over a million, by your logic the UK's situation would be as bad as the rest of the world's combined (global confirmed cases is a little over one million now).

Number of deaths (per population) is, for now, the only somewhat accurate indicator of how good or bad any country is doing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:08 pm

People you really need to stop blindly defending your countries and acknowledging a fuck-up when there's one. There's really no shame in that.

Most countries have royally fucked up. Germany is not one of them. Why? Because testing everyone is the most efficient way to stop the virus from spreading. Why?

When you test your population massively, you know for certain who's sick and who isn't. And when you detect the virus in its early stages, you can treat it. How?

Like I mentioned earlier: chloroquine + azithromycin.

This treatment is useless when the virus is at an advanced stage.

If Germany is doing well, it's because they're testing and giving all the COVID-Positive patients chloroquine + an antibiotic while the symptoms are still mild.

Other countries aren't doing that because:

A) They were incompetent enough not to set aside enough resources to deal with an epidemic (they would rather spend that on weapons and other crap).

B) They know the aforementioned treatment put forth by many renowned virologists works, but they don't want to use it because it's cheap and it represents a conflict of interest with many pharmaceutical labs. It's better for them to wait until a much more expensive treatment ( vaccine ) comes along to rack up profits in billions. And yes, that's how messed up the world we live in is.

People this is not a competition. This is not a dick measuring context. We are all in this together, and countries like Germany and S Korea and all those who have so far succeeded in dealing with fucking virus are a ray of hope for the rest of us in this fight.

Also, if you really, truly, love your country, then you should be the first one to point it any incompetent on their parts. Trying to act like it's all sunshine and rainbows while people are dying like flies is just wrong.

So yes, if you have incompetent officials in your country, FUCK THEM!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Arty covered it for me in far more brevity than my long-winded response would have been.

You need to note the key difference here, Unique.

How are you missing it.. This should not come down to defending UK for the sake of it. Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:10 pm

Unique banned now scratch would not have been my first choice tbh
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Arquitecto wrote:More curious on why you are so vehemently defending how UK has handled this to which stats or base-rate heuristics have shown its been done incompetently. That is undeniable by this point.

CSpurs question for you how do you see it panning out for Germany & Spain, in say the next two months? Answer when you can

I don't personally feel that I've been following the progression of the disease in Germany or Spain close enough to comment with any sort of confidence.

Most of my focus has turned to our response in the US.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Fucking Unique Laughing

He knew he is on 25% so had to blow up on CB to get banned. :facepalm:

Back to CB, what about US then?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:15 pm

Warrior wrote:Unique banned now scratch would not have been my first choice tbh

Well, he never learns his lesson. The ban thread is basically the Unique thread for a reason.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Laughing i know

Was reading the ban thread, damn, this guy RedOranje did not mess around.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:20 pm

RedO was famous for the ban hammer and it was annoying at times but the hammer of his was always objective no doubt.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:23 pm

It's really a shame to see Unique get banned.

I'm all for keeping this place clean and insult-free, but if you're going to be banning people then Unique shouldn't be top of your list. Yes, he insults people sometimes, but in most cases he's very respectful of everybody.

There's a certain someone in this very thread who's very disrespectful and hostile, always whining, always crying racism, yet he's the most racist, eccentric, hypocritical person in this forum by far. And he seems to be getting away with it almost every time.

From now on, I'll make sure to report him every time he does his thing.

I can't spreak for everybody, but I would choose Unique over him every time because at least Unique contributes to this forum, while the other one is just polluting this forum with his crap.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:25 pm

Well i saw

Joe Blow - banned for insults and trolling

then

Jibers (again) - trolling (again) - temporary

Even the righteous hammer of justice has its preferences Laughing Fair enough. Never met him on this forum, he left in the first few days i subscribed, i doubt i'd have problems anyways.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Warrior wrote:Unique banned now scratch would not have been my first choice tbh

He should have been banned when he was making incredibly racist posts on Chinese and Japanese people. To a point a Japanese poster got upset and started talking about leaving the forum. Instead I got a PM from him calling me a terrorist after I called him out on it because he figured out he can get way with any type of racism nowadays.

I guess personal insults is the more serious offence.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 pm

Not relevant to the thread indeed its a shame he's banned as I don't mind him at all despite some mind-numbing points he can make.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:28 pm

Frankly if any other members had Unique's number of offences he/she would've been permabanned long time ago, mods have been extremely lenient with him and he doesn't seem to realize it.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next