Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+25
danyjr
futbol_bill
The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Zagadka
Art Morte
FennecFox7
RealGunner
Adit
rincon
VivaStPauli
Mamad
elitedam
futbol
CBarca
Vibe
Unique
Hapless_Hans
McLewis
Myesyats
Pedram
Blue
Young Kaz
Freeza
BarrileteCosmico
29 posters

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 19 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Arquitecto Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:22 pm

I am not speaking of his allegations of rape I am speaking of the open evidence of him being a creep literally on camera be it his anecdotes with children or attempting his absolute best to either smell a woman/girl's hair, fondle their more sensitive parts and the most interesting is Jeff Sessions openly swatting his hand away from his granddaughter.

False allegations are made all the time yet I believe them given he has countless live evidences on him for that.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 19 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:17 am

Let's be honest... is Biden really better than Trump?  I have heavy doubts.

Forget the creepiness (which is widely known); the guy can't remember what he said 5 minutes before.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:40 am

If you're a democrat in a state that has yet to vote the only moral choice is Tulsi tbh
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:53 am

She dropped out two weeks ago hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:20 am

Oh damn, Bernie it is then
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Is Biden really better? Uhh yeah. Duh.

Or at the very least, he's a competent politician who will put competent individuals in the administration who can make effective decisions. All the while not overriding those decisions or affecting decision making because he's a 3 year old.

Leaders from other parts of the world would respect him. Congressmen and women would respect him. Everybody likes Joe.

How is this even a question after how much Trump has fucked us w/ respect to coronavirus? Joe Biden put out an editorial in late January talking about how poorly the Trump administration was responding to coronavirus.

Some of the shit that's said on this forum. Yikes. I find myself often defending Biden and I don't like the guy. I've already voted for Bernie for the WI primary Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:52 pm

CBarca wrote:Is Biden really better? Uhh yeah. Duh.

Or at the very least, he's a competent politician who will put competent individuals in the administration who can make effective decisions. All the while not overriding those decisions or affecting decision making because he's a 3 year old.

Arquitecto wrote:I am not speaking of his allegations of rape I am speaking of the open evidence of him being a creep literally on camera be it his anecdotes with children or attempting his absolute best to either smell a woman/girl's hair, fondle their more sensitive parts and the most interesting is Jeff Sessions openly swatting his hand away from his granddaughter.

False allegations are made all the time yet I believe them given he has countless live evidences on him for that.

How is this even a question after how much Trump has fucked us w/ respect to coronavirus? Joe Biden put out an editorial in late January talking about how poorly the Trump administration was responding to coronavirus.

Some of the shit that's said on this forum. Yikes. I find myself often defending Biden and I don't like the guy. I've already voted for Bernie for the WI primary Laughing
yeah i think its easy to see what he is tbh. its amazing that people see that and still vote for him. Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:53 pm

I think this underscores just how important the VP will be. And that's regardless of whether it's Biden or Sanders. Both are up there in age. One had a heart attack and the other has had some truly astonishing episodes of senility. For me, there's a very real possibility that neither would make it through 1 term let alone 2. So their VP pick has to be a good one.

Biden committed to a woman candidate. Name a prominent, moderate Democratic female politician (think Stacey Abrams, Gretchen Whitmer, etc) and you'll find plenty that are up to the job should he prove not to be. Sanders (sort of) committed, but his VP will progressive first and then likely a woman. Again, we'd be in good hands.

Then there's the cabinet for both candidates.

So as Cbarca mentioned, Biden may be gaffe prone and very handsy, but he'll choose a very capable cabinet to run this country. So would Bernie.

What we need to remember is that many members of Trump's administration are "acting" appointees. They were appointed by him directly without being confirmed by Congress (some don't have to, but that's not the point) so they literally owe their jobs to him and thus will not rock the boat.  Many have not been confirmed by Congress because their predecessors either resigned or were fired by Trump, but never properly replaced, which is exactly how Trump wants it and he's even said as much. This has consolidated all of Trump's power onto himself and his closest advisors (like Jared and Ivanka). This is effectively autocratic in practice as it allows him bypass the checks and balances from a partially hostile Congress.

It will not be seen again once a "normal" candidate takes office.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Unless coronavirus goes completely out of control.... which none of us should wish...  no way Biden is beating Trump.  Not a chance. Trump is going to eat him alive.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:09 pm

Unique wrote:

Arquitecto wrote:I am not speaking of his allegations of rape I am speaking of the open evidence of him being a creep literally on camera be it his anecdotes with children or attempting his absolute best to either smell a woman/girl's hair, fondle their more sensitive parts and the most interesting is Jeff Sessions openly swatting his hand away from his granddaughter.

yeah i think its easy to see what he is tbh. its amazing that people see that and still vote for him. Shocked

And yet your hero brags about grabbing pussy's and walks into locker rooms with naked women.

I'm not sure you should be taking the high road on who should and shouldn't be voted for, buddy Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:13 pm

CBarca wrote:
Unique wrote:

And yet your hero brags about grabbing pussy's and walks into locker rooms with naked women.

I'm not sure you should be taking the high road on who should and shouldn't be voted for, buddy Laughing
he is not my hero. i just agree with some of his policies a bit like your dad i suppose im sure your father is not a fan of grabbing pussy. but tbh it was not until trump became president and people turned on him that i found out he did that anyway.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Leaders from other parts of the world would respect him. Congressmen and women would respect him. Everybody likes Joe.

Most Europeans arent offended by Trump's ineptness due to COVID19 because their own governments are just as inept.

Biden, even if he had full onset dementia, is infinitely better than Trump.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:07 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

Most Europeans arent offended by Trump's ineptness due to COVID19 because their own governments are just as inept.

but we are offended by Japanese immigrants that are trying to take any blame away from China. That shit is deeply offensive.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:44 pm

Unique wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

but we are offended by Japanese immigrants that are trying to take any blame away from China. That shit is deeply offensive.

If only COVID19 had not ended your seasons...then you could probably throw fruit at me in the great European footbaling tradition Proud Proud Proud Proud

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Young Kaz wrote:

I honestly think people are overreacting to Biden's mental state. I agree that it makes me uneasy, but if you watch him in most debates (except for the first one), he's been pretty sharp.

If he has dementia, the dude is hiding it really, really well. Except for that story about kids brushing his leg hair, but that was bizarre on many different levels. In any case, there is more evidence recently of Biden being pretty sharp and on top of things as opposed to losing it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:34 pm

Saw him on Fallon today, he hasn't dementia, he's still there but he has lapses which suggest he is deteriorating, which is normal at that age.
He's still too fucking old, but yeah I guess it might turn out somewhat ok after all. Not for Tara Reade, it won't though.
Anyway just end this nightmarish detour into bizarro-verse in fall, guys, please.

Trump is done anyway, as Nuriel Roubini already predicted in Feburary

Nouriel Roubini wrote: The Democratic field is poor, but Trump is dead. Quote me on that!

https://www.spiegel.de/international/business/nouriel-roubini-on-coronavirus-this-crisis-will-spill-over-and-result-in-a-disaster-a-e811cf3b-d495-4c52-bf79-d872c8f164ac

on topic, thread question is answered, time to close the thread and make one about the general election
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 pm

We could speculate about his VP pick in the mean time hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:22 pm

Right. Obviously, it's got to be a woman.

Who are the candidates?

Warren?
Not a diverse ticket, both old and white.

Harris?
I think she was found out to be a rather wooden politician, but she's got great personality and projects professionalism.

Klobouchar?

Who else is there
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:24 pm

CBarca wrote:That's also why I think that Klobuchar is the best pick for Biden's VP.

She's not only an extremely competent senator who ran a pretty good campaign overall to be honest, she's a moderate, a female, and she's got crazy rust belt appeal. People here really like her. She wins MN by insane percentages. Urban, rural. Doesn't matter.

They would be a moderate team that independents can get behind. Democrats will gladly vote for that duo. Progressives will by and large bite their tongue because it's better than Trump. Black vote? Biden already has it. I feel that Kamala is an appeal to the black vote he already has (and do black Americans really even like her that much anwyay?). Biden needs to focus on the white middle class in the rust belt and I think Klobuchar is easily the best candidate for that group.

And if you don't have faith in Biden as a President, why not Klobuchar?

Here is my post from the Trump thread, since this is now the subject of discussion.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:27 pm

Tammy Duckworth?

That sounds great tbh

Just from a list of governors and senators also

Michelle Lujan Grisham
Gretchen Whitmer (that would tick Trump off lmao)
Mazie Hirono (though an Asian candidate probably is not a good move in times of Corona @Young Kaz , Ducksworth might go through because she's merely Thai and got an American name)
Kyrsten Sinema (lesbian eh.. would be nice)
Debbie Stabenow
Catherine Cortez Masto
Kirsten Gillibrand (always thought she should have done better in the primaries)
Mariaa Cantwell
Tammy Baldwin

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:31 pm

It definitely has to be from a mid-west swing state, I like Gretchen Whitmer tbh, not a senator so Democrats wouldn't have to worry about losing a Senate seat.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:43 pm

CBarca wrote:
CBarca wrote:That's also why I think that Klobuchar is the best pick for Biden's VP.

She's not only an extremely competent senator who ran a pretty good campaign overall to be honest, she's a moderate, a female, and she's got crazy rust belt appeal. People here really like her. She wins MN by insane percentages. Urban, rural. Doesn't matter.

They would be a moderate team that independents can get behind. Democrats will gladly vote for that duo. Progressives will by and large bite their tongue because it's better than Trump. Black vote? Biden already has it. I feel that Kamala is an appeal to the black vote he already has (and do black Americans really even like her that much anwyay?). Biden needs to focus on the white middle class in the rust belt and I think Klobuchar is easily the best candidate for that group.

And if you don't have faith in Biden as a President, why not Klobuchar?

Here is my post from the Trump thread, since this is now the subject of discussion.

Hmm. I get all the rust belt, steel worker, salt of the earth, appeal to independent, common sense,  moderate stuff.

But don't you think there's also a glaring need for Biden to reach out to the left wing of the party in some shape or form?
Given Sanders strong showing, last time around and this time even more?
Do you really think they can afford to take the progressives for granted, while doubling down on 'centrism', aka status quo politics, with two candidates who for example both strongly campaigned against single payer healthcare?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Right. Obviously, it's got to be a woman.

Who are the candidates?

Warren?
Not a diverse ticket, both old and white.

Harris?
I think she was found out to be a rather wooden politician, but she's got great personality and projects professionalism.

Klobouchar?

Who else is there

Warren is not racially 'diverse' but is ideologically different and could bring him the progressive arm of the party.

But I think it'll be a black woman.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm

Would love for it to be a black woman though I do think its a bit of overkill given how in-step the black vote is with Biden. Usually the VP is an overture to a group the candidate isn't popular with, but needs. In that context, Warren makes more sense though I think she'd be wasted there and would probably be better as Treasury Secretary or even Commerce Secretary.

It makes a ton of sense to me to have Kamala Harris as Attorney General rather than as VP, given she was California's AG.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Other influential lawmakers, including South Carolina congressman Jim Clyburn, have said that Biden should pick a woman of color as his running mate.

In an interview with the Financial Times Clyburn name checked California senator Kamala Harris and former Obama administration national security adviser Susan Rice (which he called a “sleeper”) as possible running mates for Biden.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/apr/07/coronavirus-us-live-donald-trump-pandemic-likely-january-latest-news-updates

Oh ffs hope it is not going to be Susan Rice
I don't like her politics at all, she's a foreign policy hawk and a war mongerer
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:52 pm

Yeah but her politics are exactly what the majority of Americans want today. Unfortunately, the feeling I get from my interactions here is that people want a very aggressive stance internationally... she fits the profile.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 28 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next