Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 18 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 am

Woops, yeah, that one.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 18 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by McLewis on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@McLewis wrote:Have to agree with Cbarca on this one. Corporate media have anointed Biden already and given the alternative is Trump, who is even worse, this deepens the notion that many of us will need to choose the lesser of two evils come November.

Disagree. North Carolina crowned Biden as the nominee, not the media. The media said he was done for weeks before his nomination.

And before that the media was giving him the nomination even before he had announced he was running. Just look at the polls from that time that kept getting splashed all over MSNBC and CNN. I personally thought his campaign looked over and done with, but I'll never believe for a second the media bought that. I'm not a political analyst paid to predict this stuff so it's fine for me to be wrong, but them? I doubt they ever truly counted him out, even as Warren, Buttigieg and Sanders all took turns surging ahead of him. I suspect many media figures, in hindsight, will say this was always Biden's nomination to lose.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 am

@McLewis wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@McLewis wrote:Have to agree with Cbarca on this one. Corporate media have anointed Biden already and given the alternative is Trump, who is even worse, this deepens the notion that many of us will need to choose the lesser of two evils come November.

Disagree. North Carolina crowned Biden as the nominee, not the media. The media said he was done for weeks before his nomination.

And before that the media was giving him the nomination even before he had announced he was running. Just look at the polls from that time that kept getting splashed all over MSNBC and CNN. I personally thought his campaign looked over and done with, but I'll never believe for a second the media bought that. I'm not a political analyst paid to predict this stuff so it's fine for me to be wrong, but them? I doubt they ever truly counted him out, even as Warren, Buttigieg and Sanders all took turns surging ahead of him. I suspect many media figures, in hindsight, will say this was always Biden's nomination to lose.

The timing of the primaries as well as the events right before the SC primary and Super Tuesday suited Biden.
South Carolina with its black vote was always going to be his best bet, but the most prominent Represenative (Clyburn, was it?) endorsed him to much publicity days before the primary which demonstrably swayd the vast majority of late deciders in SC, and then the news and momentum of his SC triumph demonstrably swayed the vast majority of late deciders for Super Tuesday which was just a few days later so the impact of that momentum was massive.
And late deciders take up a huge part of voters.

And going from the unhinged panic displayed by the party establishment hacks following Sanders' victory in Nevada, as was shown in  those MSNBC videos posted here, I can only assume to what massive extent the party establishment and the plethora of Super PAC ad money fired against Sanders in those decisive days.

So both of you are right. South Carolina voters resurrected Biden's campaing, but they did so on the basis of massive party establishment support and media coronation efforts.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:15 am

@Young Kaz wrote:

Uh oh.

Should have spoken up earlier, now it's too late. I wouldnt be surprised if he also fondled kids judging by his comments regarding children jumping on his sweaty lap.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:40 pm

Its making the rounds on political youtube.

Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 pm

And yet I google "Biden" and it's not covered even once. This will do nothing.

Besides, if you look at the numbers, the election is going to be much more of a referendum on Trump.

I can't fathom why people think that Biden is such a horrid nominee from the DNC perspective. Unless you're just talking about how he's a shit nominee from a "what's the type of nominee I want" perspective. Because yeah, I don't want Biden. I personally don't really know anyone that does.

But will everyone vote for him? Yeah.

Does he offer a relatively harmless option that allows the Democrats to laser in on Trump and make him and his ineptness the focus of the election? Hell yeah.

You put someone like Bernie up there and all of a sudden the Dems can't just say "this is a fuck trump campaign". Instead the Dems have to actively try to win over their own goddamn base while trying to frame the election as an opportunity to take down Trump.

Biden is by far the best candidate if the Dems goal is to win the White House. He's just not an ideal candidate for anyone. But he is much better than Trump. And I'll willingly vote for him.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:56 pm

@CBarca wrote:
I can't fathom why people think that Biden is such a horrid nominee from the DNC perspective. Unless you're just talking about how he's a shit nominee from a "what's the type of nominee I want" perspective. Because yeah, I don't want Biden. I personally don't really know anyone that does.

You don't know anyone that wants him as candidate, yet somehow you still conclude he's the party's best bet?

Laughing

Amazing. We have been throroughly brainwashed, it seems. What else criterium would you think a candidate up for election in a democracy should fulfill, except getting people to want to vote for him?

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:54 am

@McLewis wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Because he was the only candidate (besides Bernie) with instant name recognition and because the polls kept painting him high. But as soon as Buttigieg won Iowa they turned on him. And as soon as he won SC they turned again. The media didn't shape opinion, they followed it, IMO.

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:25 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@CBarca wrote:

You don't know anyone that wants him as candidate, yet somehow you still conclude he's the party's best bet?

Laughing

Amazing. We have been throroughly brainwashed, it seems. What else criterium would you think a candidate up for election in a democracy should fulfill, except getting people to want to vote for him?

He's the best candidate. But none of the people who say it has an argument FOR him. Except that he isn't Trump.

He's pretty much Trump light at this point. Brash, senile and sexual predator.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:28 am

Biden's what Trump would be with experience in Congress.

One thing I'll say though....it's been quite odd that we haven't seen much of Biden over the last week and half. As Trump's direct challenger, I would've expected to see more of him than I have so far.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:35 am

@McLewis wrote:Biden's what Trump would be with experience in Congress.

One thing I'll say though....it's been quite odd that we haven't seen much of Biden over the last week and half. As Trump's direct challenger, I would've expected to see more of him than I have so far.

He's losing the election right here.  Wish Cuomo was still an option although he can't run legally...

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 am; edited 2 times in total

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 am

I'm rather surprised Cuomo hasn't run honestly. He's certainly got the name and profile for it. I never really paid much attention to him until this though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:42 am

@McLewis wrote:I'm rather surprised Cuomo hasn't run honestly. He's certainly got the name and profile for it. I never really paid much attention to him until this though.

He's a moderate... both sides of the political aisle don't like him.  You need to pick a side and he just won't.  Not acceptable in today's society.

But in a crisis, you see what how important a rational and politically moderate leader is.  You need someone that can talk to everyone and won't polarize people. You can't compromise in this environment. It's always a fight.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:48 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@CBarca wrote:

Laughing

The fact that you've cropped out the rest of my post and focused on this makes it clear that the overall point of my post has flown right by your head, Hans. I'm sorry, but did you even try to understand what I was saying?

I almost thought about clarifying what I was going to say, and then I realized I've already written it out. Try reading again with less of a condescending response

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:49 am

@McLewis wrote:I'm rather surprised Cuomo hasn't run honestly. He's certainly got the name and profile for it. I never really paid much attention to him until this though.

Bingo.

Nobody has thought about Cuomo until now. Maybe next election.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 am

People don't give a shit about Biden. Nobody is even talking about how quiet he is beyond a stray comment here or there.

He knows this election is a referendum on Trump. I think he's going to run a pretty quiet campaign overall. Damage minimization as opposed to going out on the offensive. Who is he going to convince by going out on the offensive? Instead, run a quiet and moderate campaign, something that independents probably want a return to. A foil against the character that Trump is

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:26 am

@sportsczy wrote:

He's losing the election right here.  Wish Cuomo was still an option although he can't run legally...

Sure he can, i'm not suggesting this but in case of emergency (Biden getting too senile or dying) there's nothing legally that can stop the DNC from nominating Cuomo at the convention, i mean they're a private organization after all and they can do whatever the hell they want.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:04 pm

So Biden is getting some pretty serious allegations of rape. The media is protecting him and not covering it. SMH.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:50 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So Biden is getting some pretty serious allegations of rape. The media is protecting him and not covering it. SMH.

Vox just published this.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21195935/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:56 pm

might be a crazy thing to ask but has biden been found guilty of any crime yet or is he guilty until proved innocent.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Biden's problem isn't the allegations. it's his health. he is not fit to be president. he looks like a dead man.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:53 pm

@Pedram wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So Biden is getting some pretty serious allegations of rape. The media is protecting him and not covering it. SMH.

Vox just published this.

https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21195935/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation

Yeah, there are articles on Vox, Intercept, Reason.com, and then as well on a number of right wing outlets like the National Review. FoxNews has one too, though strangely they're not really jumping on it as it seems
But no NY Times, no Washington Post, no CNN, no Guardian, or nothing in the German media whatsoever, for example.

Meanwhile, Howard Dean took to Twitter to smear the Intercept and Greenwald as in bed with Russia and as the "Fox of the left" in order to downplay this.
It's pretty disgusting.

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:02 pm

@Mamad wrote:Biden's problem isn't the allegations. it's his health. he is not fit to be president. he looks like a dead man.

Hes trying to be president, not training to run a marathon.

He'll be fine.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:29 pm

How has anyone not mentioned that Biden is unironically an open sexual predator?

Like, there are countless videos of what a creep he is and his signs of dementia don't exactly help him to be fit for running for a job that is basically 24/7.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:06 pm

@Arquitecto wrote:How has anyone not mentioned that Biden is unironically an open sexual predator?

Like, there are countless videos of what a creep he is and his signs of dementia don't exactly help him to be fit for running for a job that is basically 24/7.

How has no one mentioned this? Read the 10 posts before yours

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:22 pm

I am not speaking of his allegations of rape I am speaking of the open evidence of him being a creep literally on camera be it his anecdotes with children or attempting his absolute best to either smell a woman/girl's hair, fondle their more sensitive parts and the most interesting is Jeff Sessions openly swatting his hand away from his granddaughter.

False allegations are made all the time yet I believe them given he has countless live evidences on him for that.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum