The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by El Gunner on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:44 pm

@zigra wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:

and if your grandparents pass away without you being there and countries are in lockdown?

it's pretty simple really, go test yourself, find out your status, and go home .

You can't "test yourself", if you're young and don't have symptoms, not sure whether it makes sense to get tested since testing capabilities are always limited too. Just follow the basic instructions, hygiene, distance, no necessary gatherings, don't visit your grandparents. That's all ffs.

Imagine thinking it's a great idea to get yourself tested while you show no symptoms at all and the system is completely overstretched just cause you want to visit your grandparents.

Incredible egoism.

okay saviour of humanity Laughing i wonder if you can see you're the one with the incredible egoism here

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Myesyats on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:07 pm

@El Gunner wrote:
@zigra wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:

You can't "test yourself", if you're young and don't have symptoms, not sure whether it makes sense to get tested since testing capabilities are always limited too. Just follow the basic instructions, hygiene, distance, no necessary gatherings, don't visit your grandparents. That's all ffs.

Imagine thinking it's a great idea to get yourself tested while you show no symptoms at all and the system is completely overstretched just cause you want to visit your grandparents.

Incredible egoism.

okay saviour of humanity Laughing i wonder if you can see you're the one with the incredible egoism here

Even if you test negative, this not a time for travelling. Best advice is to stay where you are.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:08 pm

Germany only now starting to get serious about it, we're way too late. Schools closing now country wide, but still only select cities closing bars, cafés, cinemas etc - this is all too little, too late. I don't expect any apocalyptic scenarios, but this could've all been a lot smoother if we'd acted sooner.

I personally feel very safe, I just think that the next few weeks might get pretty annoying. Hope people don't panic, that's the bigger danger. If people stay the fuck at home and wash their hands, we'll just weather this.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:14 pm

@sportsczy wrote:@Babs... that's the big issue.  ICU beds, staff, equipment, etc. to treat the people that get complications.  That's the threat that will kill people = not having the capacity to treat people who need it.

As it is, it's very difficult to get tested in the US.  I think that the government here, without saying it, has just accepted that there are too many people to test.  They only want people who are in a high-risk group or really sick to tax the health system.

In short, don't count on the government for anything.  The statistics are nonsense.  Count on yourself and make smart choices.

I prepared my 2x coronavirus kit consisting of:
- ibuprofen
- paracetamol
- 2x thermometer
- booze for the soul and desinfection of the throat
- cash at hand
- some cigarette packages in case the money isn't worth the papar it is printed on anymore
- games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, emulators, some books and bodyweight exercise plans

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:18 pm

This thread is so depressing.

I wonder if it's time all the nations starts a comprehensive, door-to-door search for infection cases. It shouldn't be too difficult even for countries like Bangladesh. Government has done such projects for population census or voter registration.

True, you will need medical staffs for this project, but at least they can document the parameters (temp etc.) to be assessed by a medical team.

It's been reactionary responses so far and things aren't looking up.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:19 pm

people hoarding entire cars with toilet paper lmaooo

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:22 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:
@Nishankly wrote:My family is panicking, saying I won't be able to come back at all once the virus spreads lol

go home Nish, it's a circumstance to be with your family

No it's not, lol, if your family is old people it's a circumstance to NOT go be with them.
This is not the apocalypse ffs. It's a new virus that's dangerous for older people which is why there's a lot of action undertaken to slow its spreading, nothing less, nothing more.
The internet will still work. There will be food in the supermarket, and also, there will still be toilet paper produced. People need to stop shitting their pants, it doesn't cause diarrhea ffs
thats not the problem. the problem is one person starts coughing and the other 20 people shit themselves Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:40 pm

I smoke cigarettes and weed. 5-10 cigs a day and 1-2 joints in average, i'd say. Is this an aggravating factor ? Or it's barely relevant ?
I am basically the Rudy Gobert of cigarette smoking - jokingly dismissing everyone who warns me of the dangers and jokingly encouraging others to start smoking or to smoke more - would be ironic if i get infected and my case is serious because of that

Also here in Canada, no toilet paper available and the groceries are getting emptied. I just don't see the point, since even in Italy supermarkets remain open. Those persons are inferior minds who have fallen to the panic.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:50 pm

^^ who knows for sure Warrior, but maybe.
But also never regret smoking weed.

also Robes is this true pls confirm

An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:52 pm

This is the second case of this sort i've seen now. The other was yesterday from South Africa hmm
African blood superior?

An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:53 pm

@Myesyats wrote:

people hoarding entire cars with toilet paper lmaooo

Does anyone have an explanation for the toilet paper?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:54 pm

To me, you shouldn't be visiting your grandparents right now.

The simple fact is that's a risk, especially if you have to fly. Why not just wait and tell them to stay at home. If you both stay at home, you both will probably be fine, and you can see them again when this is more under control.

If you go home to see them, you risk getting them sick, and you risk killing them.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:02 pm

@Vibe wrote:Does anyone have an explanation for the toilet paper?

I think it's just a meme.
Somebody joked about hoarding toilet paper.
Some doofus thought we might run out of toilet paper, so he bought an entire store's supply of toilet paper.
The next doofus walked into that store, saw it was out of toilet paper, tweeted about it, and now everybody thinks toilet paper is super rare.
People start buying all the toilet paper they can get because they think we'll run out soon.
So the stores run out of toilet paper.
The circle intensifies.
No actual reason to fucking hoard toilet paper.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Meanwhile Potus himself, his family and Pence had a dinner with Bolsonaro.
https://www.businessinsider.de/international/jair-bolsonaro-brazil-president-coronavirus-test-positive-2020-3/?r=US&IR=T

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:17 pm

I know a guy who's job is to provide the janitors of various big companies with products like toilet paper, soap, towels, hand sanitizer etc.

Turns out i ordered all of that for myself 3 weeks ago, at discount price of course. Thankfully i'm usually good for months. I'd be embarassed to buy toilet paper right now Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:18 pm

@Warrior wrote:I smoke cigarettes and weed. 5-10 cigs a day and 1-2 joints in average, i'd say. Is this an aggravating factor ? Or it's barely relevant ?
I am basically the Rudy Gobert of cigarette smoking - jokingly dismissing everyone who warns me of the dangers and jokingly encouraging others to start smoking or to smoke more - would be ironic if i get infected and my case is serious because of that

Also here in Canada, no toilet paper available and the groceries are getting emptied. I just don't see the point, since even in Italy supermarkets remain open. Those persons are inferior minds who have fallen to the panic.

Yeah, smokers have more of the ACE2 in the lung cells. Read here:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30117-X/fulltext

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Loooool i just saw on Twitter, a picture of guy coming out of a Costco

What he bought was a lot of toilet paper and a lot of cat litter rofl
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:23 pm

@Babun wrote:
@Warrior wrote:I smoke cigarettes and weed. 5-10 cigs a day and 1-2 joints in average, i'd say. Is this an aggravating factor ? Or it's barely relevant ?

Yeah, smokers have more of the ACE2 in the lung cells. Read here:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30117-X/fulltext

Damn i should not have asked that Laughing
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:43 pm

@El Gunner wrote:^^ who knows for sure Warrior, but maybe.
But also never regret smoking weed.

also Robes is this true pls confirm

Yeah it's true, tested just yesterday, luckily Mia Malkova hasn't retired.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:19 pm

Meanwhile in the US...

The guy that sits next to me at work has been out sick for 4 days with a flu-like disease. He came back today and we asked him if he got tested. He told us that he went to the hospital and requested a corona test, but was rejected even after he told them that our office building had a corona case already and we share a common cafeteria...

So now I'm left wondering "could it be?" and am just angry that I won't even get to find out. But if you read American news or listen to their readio they keep mentioning how the US has the "BeSt HeAlThCaRe SyStEm In ThE wOrLd"

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:27 pm

@Babun wrote:
@sportsczy wrote:@Babs... that's the big issue.  ICU beds, staff, equipment, etc. to treat the people that get complications.  That's the threat that will kill people = not having the capacity to treat people who need it.

As it is, it's very difficult to get tested in the US.  I think that the government here, without saying it, has just accepted that there are too many people to test.  They only want people who are in a high-risk group or really sick to tax the health system.

In short, don't count on the government for anything.  The statistics are nonsense.  Count on yourself and make smart choices.

I prepared my 2x coronavirus kit consisting of:
- ibuprofen
- paracetamol
- 2x thermometer
- booze for the soul and desinfection of the throat
- cash at hand
- some cigarette packages in case the money isn't worth the papar it is printed on anymore
- games like Resident Evil 2 Remake, emulators, some books and bodyweight exercise plans

That's a fine game, you're in for a wild ride.

Stay away from the Mr X though. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:26 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:34 pm

This is a must because if the virus goes rogue here, it'll be really bad

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:46 pm

Pretty smart move from Poland. Why wait until your country is completely overrun by the virus to ban public gatherings and close down shops?

Sometimes it's better to cut the thing at the source before it spreads than underestimate it and later rue the day you did.

Hope other countries do the same as well.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Dr Tedros said the UN agency was launching a solidarity response plan which will allow people and organisations to contribute money for the coronavirus fight.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-europe-is-now-epicentre-of-covid-19-pandemic-says-who-chief-11957199

and there we have it. i knew it wouldent take long until they made money out of this thing. china are the shit bags that should be paying to clean this fucking mess up.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:52 pm

The Death toll from the coronavirus outbreak in Italy jumped by 189 to 1,016 in the last 24 hours  - a 23% rise.

What's happening in Italy is really heartbreaking, and it offers a preview of what's coming to the rest.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum