The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by CBarca on Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:24 am

USA is finally making moves. It took us way too long, but at least it's happening.

We'll see how this evolves and if the US has the guts to call the shots that might be required

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:02 am

@CBarca wrote:USA is finally making moves. It took us way too long, but at least it's happening.

We'll see how this evolves and if the US has the guts to call the shots that might be required
what shots are they

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:23 am

I'm loathe to give him credit, but this was the response we needed weeks ago. And even then, he couldn't help taking swipes at Europe.

He didn't talk about the testing kit backlog though, which is a huge concern. Can't leave something like that out of a speech this important.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:24 am

@Unique wrote:
@CBarca wrote:USA is finally making moves. It took us way too long, but at least it's happening.

what shots are they

If it needs to happen, canceling a lot of school districts, potential locking down of cities.

We'll see if it escalates to that type of situation, but all the data points to the USA not being affected any differently, we're just ~11 days behind Italy.

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:28 am

@McLewis wrote:I'm loathe to give him credit, but this was the response we needed weeks ago. And even then, he couldn't help taking swipes at Europe.

He didn't talk about the testing kit backlog though, which is a huge concern. Can't leave something like that out of a speech this important.

The testing is still a concern. It still seems like we're not testing nearly enough, and nobody it feels like no one is being upfront about our current testing capabilities.

We're in a weird place right now where the government is now acting like this is a big deal, but nothing hugely drastic has happened in terms of numbers the past few days (it's going up, but we're still just over 1000 confirmed cases).

We definitely have a lot more cases than what's being reported, but we don't know by how much. And that's a weird place to be in because I think a decent segment of the population is going to see the government's reaction and feel that it's out of proportion with what's going on.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:03 am

Good job by Trump, the package is adequate. Still glaring problems left:
1. Uk itself is a Wuhan virus hotspot. He just wants to put the blame onto EU.
2. 5 different strains ( only two in Europe as of now) and high mortality rate suggest Wuhan virus has been in the US of A for a very long time. Considering that, US of A might have more cases per capita than any European country bare Italy.
3. There is still no US wide clarification of facts for the general population about the disease and its prevention. Just washing hands isn't enough.

Of course, he didn't mention the huge testing backlog or that most doctors are directly exposed to the virus with no masks available.
Anyway, I don't have anything against the people in the US of A. The measures show your gouvernment is finally taking the matter seriously which is a good thing for you lot and us because a pandemie cannot be fought localy alone. Good luck.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:54 am

@Pedram wrote:
@Warrior wrote:Can't open the tv, listen to radio, read on twitter etc without being overdosed by coronavirus. So i'm getting a bit frustrated.

Will this shit last until summer ? Really hope not
Such a terribly boring saga it seems everybody is panicking

No idea, people who keep saying this will go away with warm weather are talking out of their asses.

Oh i was not asking if the heat will kill the virus. Would make no sense since Qatar has 262 cases.

My question was will everything go back to normal by summer ? obviously there is no definite answer, i Googled it lol, but from the many infos you guys have
At some point, the spread will stop or reduce to a point we don't need extraordinary measures...

What kills me the most is that winter in Canada is about to end much earlier than usual. So i was very enthusiast about the incoming spring. And i was planning to do many activities this summer, for once. So this covid-19 annoys me more than it worries me.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:17 am

The UK is set to move into the delay phase of its plan today. We're just waiting on Johnson and pals to tell us what's going on.

My brother, a teacher, has been told his school is expecting to close either this week or next.

The university I work for have said before they have no plans of closing but that could change soon, so I could be off work as well.

Gonna try and get some more medicine in the house before the panic really sets in.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:19 am

@rincon wrote:
@iftikhar wrote:@rincon, it will sound funny, but I'm not joking

Walk into your nearest hospital and Yell "I have Corona Virus".

Seriously mate, it's obvious that most of the governments/countries aren't taking it seriously.

Appreciate the concern but I'm not dying, no need to be irresponsible. Better to act correctly to avoid worsening the situation.

Last 2 days I have been getting better Thumbs up
Good to know. Take care, stay safe.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:21 am

Guys, what's the book that (apparently) have the mention of this virus!!! Would appreciate if someone tell the book and author.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:25 am

Travel from Europe suspended but UK still allowed in... Trump is even using this to settle political scores, the UK has way more cases than any EU country bar Italy, absolutely laughable.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:34 am

@VivaStPauli wrote:Travel from Europe suspended but UK still allowed in... Trump is even using this to settle political scores, the UK has way more cases than any EU country bar Italy, absolutely laughable.

Pointless to distinguish between the UK and EU in a travel ban, but UK has less cases than Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands and Sweden.

They are quite low on the list.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:40 am

Everyone will now land in Canada and reach the US from here. Thanks Mr Trump.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:07 am

@rincon wrote:
@VivaStPauli wrote:Travel from Europe suspended but UK still allowed in... Trump is even using this to settle political scores, the UK has way more cases than any EU country bar Italy, absolutely laughable.

Pointless to distinguish between the UK and EU in a travel ban, but UK has less cases than Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands and Sweden.

They are quite low on the list.

As long as the reaction is to ban UK as well once UK joins those other countries shortly, then it's not that inconsistent. I think people just fear that he's making a political point but not a scientific one. We'll see.

In any case, the UK probably doesn't want travel from the US. Or they shouldn't, at least.

NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:38 pm

Well Trump lied a lot in the speech it seems. The ban doesn’t affect US citizens and permanent residents. Probably something he should’ve made clear.

And these decision he talked about Were made without any discussion with EU and health insurers.

He’s really a rogue dumbass extraordinaire

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:38 pm

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:47 pm

Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:50 pm

India has banned unnecessary travel from all countries with 1000 and above cases.

Qatar meanwhile has taken the opportunity to ban India who has 70 cases and Sri Lanka who has 2 cases.

Racism at the finest lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:56 pm

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:04 pm

@Art Morte wrote:

@Zagadka wrote:

Both good points here.

Trump was just asked about Bolsonaro's aid who tested positive. He basically brushed it off.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:06 pm

https://twitter.com/yaletung?lang=de

A 35y old doctor in Spain who was infected by the Wuhan virus. He is reporting daily about his symptoms with medical proofs. Might be interesting to follow the course of the sickness..

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:11 pm

So you get Pleural effusion with Covid? Because I've already had that once and my left lung is scarred permanently from that endeavor. I wonder how it'll hit me again if I do end up getting CoVid. Then again I have beaten Dengue twice, bring it on :coffee:

I also have to go back to India in May or June but it seems like I won't be allowed back into the country by then even if I decide to go Laughing
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:16 pm

People were asking about the Wuhan virus properties. Here you go:
The doctor's online diary comes after a German study revealed that patients with the infection are the most contagious before severe symptoms appear and can even spread it after they recover from the infection.  

Researchers from the Bundeswehr Institute of Microbiology in Munich found samples taken from the nose and throat of COVID-19 patients showed a very high viral load when the subjects were only showing minor symptoms.

Elsewhere, U.S. government scientists, who worked with other experts, have found the virus  can live on surfaces for up to three days.
Tests by researchers showed that the virus can survive on copper for four hours, cardboard for an entire day and up to 72 hours on plastic and steel.

Symptoms for the virus, which are similar to that if the cold and flu, include a cough, fever, high temperature and shortness of breath and fatigue.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8103677/Doctor-battling-coronavirus-shares-daily-symptoms-social-media.html

@Nishankly wrote:So you get Pleural effusion with Covid? Because I've already had that once and my left lung is scarred permanently from that endeavor. I wonder how it'll hit me again if I do end up getting CoVid. Then again I have beaten Dengue twice, bring it on :coffee:

I also have to go back to India in May or June but it seems like I won't be allowed back into the country by then even if I decide to go Laughing

I am mostly bothered by the Pleural effusion, for the damage is irreversibel. I wish you good luck , my friend. We all are going to need it.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:35 pm

Drosten has talked about peak around June-August ....Referred to Germany or to the Europe ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:47 pm

Some reports saying anyone over 60 is in trouble then 65yo Tom hanks says him and his wife have it and he felt a bit tired and had the chills. hmm

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:49 pm

@Robespierre wrote:Drosten has talked about peak around June-August ....Referred to Germany or to the Europe ?

not sure, I assume Germany. In any case Germany lags behind Italy in the curve

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum