The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:14 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So 3 people in my office building attended a conference where 2 filthy Europeans had the coronavirus

I'm next Molenation

We are being told to wfh on Monday as they disinfect the building

I bet they can charge as much as they want. Anyone know of a good cleaning company that trades in the popular exchanges?

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by RealGunner on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:27 pm

We have been issued precautionary warning to work from home for 2 weeks if there are any cases nearby...

which is bad news since the last time i worked from home i was on netflix 80% of the time ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:42 pm

@rincon wrote:Lombardia, and some neighboring cities and towns, is now decreed under quarantine.

It means noone can enter or go out from Lombardia and other 11 provincies...

But it was a draft ( still not official I mean)
It has been spread.

And so thousands of Southern Italians are leaving Milano now for joining  in their places

Exactly what it  should have  not happened
Exactly the reason why government was going to do this decree : Avoiding coronavirus exploded in South Italy.

I don't know if it 's worse this unable government or this demented people

But it is the end. It's really end now.

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:17 am

My work have straight up said that if you have come from any of of heavily infected countries like China, Italy, South Korea, etc, you won't be allowed on campus.

As for us employees, we haven't been told to work from home yet as there haven't been any cases reported in Michigan yet, but we know it's going to happen eventually.

My girl and I are travelling to San Antonio for a small vacation this upcoming week so I will be paying extra attention to that whole process of flying and all of that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:26 am

Stay safe Robes Molenation

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:38 am

I've been asked about my ability to teach online as the district develops plans to potentially teach online, but so far nothing as WI has no real confirmed cases (we had one, but they self quarantined and then released negative from the virus).

I'm sure it's around but nothing positive so far for Corona. It's only a matter of time I'm sure. I'm hoping we can get to spring break before any big hit

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:36 am

5 new cases in India.

Family of 5 came from Italy on 28th Feb and had symptoms during the flight, they avoided the screening area purposely.

Two of there relatives came for dinner on 4th March and contacted the disease, the two went to the hospital and it was confirmed to be coronavirus which led to the officials finally catching these 5 people.

But now the steps need to be retraced back on 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 29th Feb and they took 2 flights with a stopover at Doha.

I hate stupid people.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:37 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So 3 people in my office building attended a conference where 2 filthy Europeans had the coronavirus

I'm next Molenation

I bet they can charge as much as they want. Anyone know of a good cleaning company that trades in the popular exchanges?

Same my University has been cancelled as well. Nearing 1000 cases in France now. 60% in my department yet just 1 case in the city lmao. It's clustered in Creil and Amiens in France.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:25 am

@McLewis wrote:My work have straight up said that if you have come from any of of heavily infected countries like China, Italy, South Korea, etc, you won't be allowed on campus.

As for us employees, we haven't been told to work from home yet as there haven't been any cases reported in Michigan yet, but we know it's going to happen eventually.

My girl and I are travelling to San Antonio for a small vacation this upcoming week so I will be paying extra attention to that whole process of flying and all of that.

What extra attention can you really pay? I'd suggest not flying at all, it pretty much means you are stuck with an unknown group of people for a while in closed space.

If you really wanna play it safe, I'd suggest cancelling. Diseases absolutely love vacations and travelling.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:14 am

@Nishankly wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I'm next Molenation

Same my University has been cancelled as well. Nearing 1000 cases in France now. 60% in my department yet just 1 case in the city lmao. It's clustered in Creil and Amiens in France.

I read an article yesterday (I think it was on Libération) that says once France reaches level 3 in the strategy to fight the coronavirus (currently they are at 2), public transport will cease to function and WFH will become compulsory.

It remains to be seen whether the French government would be willing to take such drastic measures.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:29 pm

@Robespierre wrote:
@rincon wrote:Lombardia, and some neighboring cities and towns, is now decreed under quarantine.

It means noone can enter or go out from Lombardia and other 11 provincies...

But it was a draft ( still not official I mean)
It has been spread.

And so thousands of Southern Italians are leaving Milano now for joining  in their places

Exactly what it  should have  not happened
Exactly the reason why government was going to do this decree : Avoiding coronavirus exploded in South Italy.

I don't know if it 's worse this unable government or this demented people

But it is the end. It's really end now.

@Robespierre hope you're alright, I would love to hear updates about what daily life is for you now in Milano living 'under quarantine'

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:03 pm

Confirmed cases in Bangladesh, three person returning from Italy. It's a bit weird that no cases were reported among those returning from China and Singapore.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:17 pm

im wondering if trying to stop the spread of this is doing more harm than good. it looks like they cant stop it spreading anyway and slowing it down will just fuck up daily life for the next how ever long. seems like the best thing would be for everyone to just get it and be done with it. just isolate the old people who are at most risk of dying and let the virus burn its self out.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:20 pm

You do realize you are suggesting to isolate me!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:21 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:You do realize you are suggesting to isolate me!
i was just about to ask you if you are shitting a brick bill. this virus has it in for old bastards like you mate. cheers

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:27 pm

@Vibe wrote:
@McLewis wrote:My work have straight up said that if you have come from any of of heavily infected countries like China, Italy, South Korea, etc, you won't be allowed on campus.

What extra attention can you really pay? I'd suggest not flying at all, it pretty much means you are stuck with an unknown group of people for a while in closed space.

If you really wanna play it safe, I'd suggest cancelling. Diseases absolutely love vacations and travelling.

Sad

My brother has a wedding in LA in late April and I've already booked flights for my girlfriend and I

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:27 pm

The way countries and people themselves handled this has been quite poor. In 2020 you would think countries would be better prepared for something like this considering our history with past outbreaks. Yet countries only took action when it was too late.

It may have instigated in China, but to be fair to them they gave the world enough time to deal with it. The cases were reported in Wuhan for weeks and yet no government thought it would be a good idea to immediate quarantine those who are returning from there. People who came from Wuhan and knew all about the virus didn't think it would be a good idea to self isolate without people asking them to.

It's stupidity from all accounts. Imagine if the virus was actually something quite serious. If countries are unable to handle corona then we have no hope for something deadlier.

I am just happy UK has handled this really well.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:46 pm

You can't really blame those countries because it's really, really difficult to contain a virus whose carrier doesn't show any symptoms up to 14 days (sometimes even more) after being exposed to it.

The biggest blunder here is the time China took to take action. If they hadn't silenced the doctor who first warned about the potential outbreak and immediately quarantined the affected areas, containing this virus would've been way easier. Instead, they covered it up.

Do you realize that five million people left Wuhan before it was placed on lockdown? Other countries had absolutely no clue who they were and how serious and contagious this virus is, and China didn't make things easier with their lack of openness and transparency.

I agree that there are some things that other countries should've done better, but the main culprit here is the one who kept everything covered up and only took action after it was too late.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:49 pm

Honestly I find it strange German' s situation

Almost 1000 cases ? but 0 deads, just 9 under intensive care.
in Italy it's slaughter

yes it's arrived before in Italy, but countries as France and Germant are in that situation that Italy got in 27th of February / talking for number of cases )

Italy just got a Virus more aggressive or what else.....
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:00 pm

@Robespierre wrote:Honestly I find it strange German' s situation

Almost 1000 cases ? but 0 deads, just 9 under intensive care.
in Italy it's slaughter

yes it's arrived before in Italy, but countries as France and Germant are in that situation that Italy got in 27th of February / talking for number of cases )

Italy just got a Virus more aggressive or what else.....

As you post this, Robert-Koch-Institute confirms the first casualty of Covid-19 in Germany

anyway both the RKI (which designs the tests and sets the standards and measure) and the hospital where all potentially infected in Berlin are supposed to go tested are right next to where I live, hope they don't all go for a coffee in my neighbourhood before lol

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:38 pm

@Unique wrote:
i was just about to ask you if you are shitting a brick bill. this virus has it in for old bastards like you mate. cheers

Actually, I have been sick with an ordinary flu (picked up in Cuba). I'm well now, but generally I get very sick and a prolonged cough with any flu (despite getting yearly shots), thus I am vulnerable. I'm being checked out by a respiratory program in a couple of weeks. We are due to go back to Spain soon but we are waiting to see if there are any improvements before booking flight.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:48 pm

Every day in Italy there is bulletin at 6 PM
Every day it is something as " + 1500 cases, 113 deads etc"

It's shocking, it seems an infinite negative spiral, a nightmare

Last edited by Robespierre on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:52 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 14 Carsio
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:53 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:
@Unique wrote:

Actually, I have been sick with an ordinary flu (picked up in Cuba). I'm well now, but generally I get very sick and a prolonged cough with any flu (despite getting yearly shots), thus I am vulnerable. I'm being checked out by a respiratory program in a couple of weeks. We are due to go back to Spain soon but we are waiting to see if there are any improvements before booking flight.

We wish you all the best, Bill!

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:40 pm

@futbol_bill wrote:
@Unique wrote:

stay safe buddy. dont go out mixing with too many people if you dont need to. keep sensible and you will be fine Thumbs up Thumbs up

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:47 pm

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 14 Ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.ee05db0af9b7d6e7a3193174fd1cd23e
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum