The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Nishankly on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:19 am

If this true then its mad.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Babun on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:07 am

@CBarca
Most viruses and among them coronavirae attack the CNS among other organs. The problem with the case before is a 57y old patient with no underlying health issues. Usualy, one sees this kind of complication in sick individuals with an age upwards of 70+. The same was observed with SARS and MERS where the survivors suffered due to lasting side effects caused by the infection (CNS damage and lung scars/fibrosis).
@Nishanky
That's fearmongering at its best. One cannot take a 85y old with lots of health issues as a representative sample for anything but for old 85+ people with the same issues. Fibrosis is expected at that age for the air is heavily polluted in China and they smoke a LOT.
@Robespiere
Lombardians strictly follow the prevention protocol. They continue their daily life except for 2m distance while talking and disenfecting everything the clients touch. They kept the number of new cases by discipline at bay. She told me her hands are red at the end of the day due to excess use of disenfectants. I can't fathom how south Italians with their lax attitude could keep it in check.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:44 am

first case reported in South Africa (Durban). A South African man that was part of a travel group in Italy.

An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:05 pm

So 3 people in my office building attended a conference where 2 filthy Europeans had the coronavirus

I'm next Molenation

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:07 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So 3 people in my office building attended a conference where 2 filthy Europeans had the coronavirus

I'm next Molenation

My Paris trip got cancelled :drink:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:14 pm

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So 3 people in my office building attended a conference where 2 filthy Europeans had the coronavirus

I'm next Molenation

why are you using that word, BC? don't fall victim to fearmongering.

this virus is an important test for humanity. Choose love over fear in every response no matter the case. Remember we're all connected, no one's life is better than another's.

An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:03 pm

They are infected so therefore they are filthy

Also as someone who holds 2 European citizenships I think people know i wouldn't say that seriously

Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:09 pm

@El Gunner wrote:

I'm next Molenation

why are you using that word, BC? don't fall victim to fearmongering.

this virus is an important test for humanity. Choose love over fear in every response no matter the case. Remember we're all connected, no one's life is better than another's.

A carrier who doesn't know they are infected and is not coming from a place with widespread should never be blamed.

But there are some people who are so reckless and selfish that they end up putting not only themselves at risk but everybody else around them. They go to places where it's not recommended to travel, and when they come back, they don't even have the decency to get tested first before exposing themselves to the rest. There are also some people who continue to travel even though their country is struggling with the coronavirus really bad. The risk of them carrying it is high, and yet they don't get tested and continue to visit other places, infecting other people in the process.

Sometimes, you have to travel for professional reasons or medical ones. But if you're just sightseeing, there's really no harm in postponing your plans until everything clears, especially if your country has a lot of infected and there's a high chance of you carrying the dormant virus as well.

Even if you're young and can't be harmed by it, think about those elderly who can die even from a simple flu, let alone the corona.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:34 pm

2 (unconfirmed) cases in my hospital, pray for me GL.

Both me and my wife work at Infectious diseases department.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:42 pm

@Vibe wrote:2 (unconfirmed) cases in my hospital, pray for me GL.

Stay safe buddy.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:19 pm

In Germany 534 cases yet not 1 died. Can someone explain? 148 dead out of 3858 infected in Italy = 4 % mortality rate. In Germany that should be 20 people at least. scratch

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:25 pm

The virus started with a chinese family feasting on live bats and dead snakes, while watching the ping pong national league final on TV

Source: Guerriero
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:45 pm

Are you allowed to resign?
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:51 pm

@Pedram wrote:

Sure... In fact I am already pretty close to quitting and moving to my dream job. Just waiting for the call.

But I just can't do that in good conscience now. It is my duty to help those people, and I won't run away from it.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:58 pm

Vibe, I salute you. Beautiful what you just said.

Proud of you, man.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:59 pm

Vibe the merciful Molenation
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:35 pm

@Pedram wrote:

You mean, is an infectious disease a reason to resign from an infectious diseases department? Laughing

Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:42 pm

@Vibe wrote:
@Pedram wrote:

Sure... In fact I am already pretty close to quitting and moving to my dream job. Just waiting for the call.

But I just can't do that in good conscience now. It is my duty to help those people, and I won't run away from it.

Vibe Molenation
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:13 pm

@futbol wrote:In Germany 534 cases yet not 1 died. Can someone explain? 148 dead out of 3858 infected in Italy = 4 % mortality rate. In Germany that should be 20 people at least. scratch

Germany has got shitloads of labs for testing and we test. The test itself was developed under Prof. Christian Drosten. The cases which are found are very young. It takes up to 40 days for an outcome. In case of Italy and France, the real number of infected people is probably much much higher. They usually end up finding people with symptoms only and only test them but those patients aren't at day 1, more like 10th or 20th.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:14 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Pedram wrote:

You mean, is an infectious disease a reason to resign from an infectious diseases department? Laughing

loooooooooooooooooooool

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:23 pm

@Pedram wrote:In the city where i live things have gotten so out of hand that they're now proposing to quarantine the whole city.

Too late now, should've done this two weeks ago.

https://asiatimes.com/2020/03/irans-caspian-sea-retreat-turns-coronavirus-hub/

My condolences, it's really bad in Iran right now. By the end of March 20th, 4 million of Teheran's population is expected to be infected bei Covid-19.
https://twitter.com/nerd_hawk/status/1235800486063685633?s=20

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:34 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Pedram wrote:

I mean you gotta make an exception for a virus that has killed 3400 and infected 100,000 people. Laughing

I applaud Vibe for staying on his job despite the crisis, takes a lot of courage. Thumbs up
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:14 pm

The spirit of St. Stephen Curry will protect our Lord Vibe

NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:17 pm

Stay safe Pedram and all other great people of Gilan...hearing terrible stories from Rasht.

Hopefully this mofo Virus at least does one thing right and takes out some of these ancient immortal weeds of the regime structure.

So many of those mofos are 80+....made for Corona!

These motherfuckers refused to publicize first cases of Corona in Iran 1 month ago, because they wanted high turn out in revolution anniversary assembly and the parliament "elections".

November: 1500 shot dead in 3 days in the streets
January: 50 people dead in funeral Stampede because they didn't take safety prevcautions and wanted nice helicopter propaganda videos
Few days later in Jan: Shot down civilian airliner, killed 176...tried to hide it, before having been forced to admit it.
February: kept traveling to China as the virus broke out. hid initial cases in Iran because of political scoring.

Scum isn't enough to describe them. Easily and easily the cruelest regime in the world. makes Saudi look like Finland in comparison!
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:33 pm

778 new cases and 49 new deaths in Italy. Total cases: 4,636. Total deaths: 197. Active cases: 3,916.
- Among the 3,916 active cases, 2,394 (61%) are hospitalized, 462 of which (representing 12% of active cases) are in intensive care.
- Among the 720 closed cases, 523 (73%) have recovered, 197 (27%) have died.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:48 pm

Markets all over the world are slowing down and predictably so.

Feels like Coronavirus will just accelerate the inevitable recession. Another recession in this current climate will be disastrous
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum