The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Robespierre on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:40 pm

It's where my sister lives (Lothar Matthaus town , so a sacred place)

https://www.nordbayern.de/region/coronafall-in-erlangen-kontaktpersonen-des-infizierten-ermittelt-1.9886456

in Deutschland Kontakt mit einem Italiener hatte, der nach seiner Rückkehr nach Italien SARS-CoV-2 positiv getestet wurde"

Translation : man had contacts with an Italian man that was positive to Coronavirus after his return in Italy

Again this, Milanese person who infects others , I've read also for Finland, Valencia etc

I tend   to think more and more that Coronavirus  has broken into Italy ? for months( I mean not now), and, for example, a good number of people were infected unknowingly  because it's beben confused for just a stronger fever

Last edited by Robespierre on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1

Post by Hapless_Hans on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:51 pm

It's where my brother-in-law works at the hospital..

btw the true 'Lothar Matthäus town' is Herzogenaurach..

Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Betty is way out of line, completely derailed this thread and mods aren't doing anything about it.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:13 pm

Iran is hiding something huge here.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:14 pm

@Pedram wrote:

Our government is fucking useless. :facepalm:

And the numbers are most likely wrong too. The toll is probably higher.

They said they won't close down the shrines either. Saudi have closed down Umrah visas but Iran won't do the same... Appalling.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:18 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Pedram wrote:

Our government is fucking useless. :facepalm:

And the numbers are most likely wrong too. The toll is probably higher.

They said they won't close down the shrines either. Saudi have closed down Umrah visas but Iran won't do the same... Appalling.

95% cases in Kuwait, Bahrain. 100% cases in Pakistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Oman are from Iranian travel, these amount to nearly 150 people.

Then we have Iran now reaching 388 once Kuwait and Bahrain opened the floodgates.

Then we have the government of Iran having Coronavirus.

Why are they hiding this, its a global pandemic, there is no shame here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/world/middleeast/coronavirus-iran-vice-president.html

At least 245 people have been infected in Iran, with 26 deaths, Health Ministry officials said Thursday, most of them in Qom, a destination for Shiite pilgrims.

But health experts estimate the number of infections is far higher, possibly over a thousand, because the country’s fatality rate of about 20 percent seems so high. The World Health Organization has said the fatality rate is about 2 percent.

Cases surfacing in recent days in Bahrain, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Oman, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, Pakistan and Kuwait all have afflicted people who had visited Iran. There were unconfirmed reports Thursday that Austria’s foreign minister, Alexander Schallenberg, was being tested for a coronavirus infection after returning home from Iran and showing symptoms.

Despite earlier claims by the Iranian authorities that the coronavirus risk is under control and that its extent has been exaggerated by enemy propaganda to sow panic.

A senior figure in Iran’s government, who sits just a few seats away from President Hassan Rouhani at cabinet meetings, has fallen ill with coronavirus, making her Iran’s seventh official to test positive, including one prominent cleric who has died.

Vice President Masoumeh Ebtekar, Mr. Rouhani’s deputy for women’s affairs and the highest-ranking woman in the government, has a confirmed coronavirus infection and is quarantined at home, her deputy said Thursday.

They say the virus is mostly in Qom yet half the government sitting in Tehran is infected.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:04 pm

Went to take a look at the website Nish posted a few days ago and I was shocked at the rate the virus is spreading. I mean, just in a matter of days, the table has skyrocketed:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Captur12

France had 38 yesterday. Today they have 57, so that's 19 new confirmed cases in just a matter of hours.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:29 pm

Interesting take here. According to this article from the BBC, if a vaccine is found, it is going to be mid-way through next year at best for it to be made available.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:39 pm

Yup this is not going away. Not for a long time. Maybe never.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:59 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:04 pm

@Pedram wrote:
what a twat :facepalm:

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Someone is infected in my city, surely there will be a lot more soon enough. Is it a low risk of dying ?

I know nothing of coronavirus, but i worry for the upcoming summer, and the activities i plan to do. Not that i'd be afraid or unwilling to change my habits for that virus... it actually bores the fuck out of me
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:39 pm

as far as i know if you're young and you have a healthy immune system, you're fine for now and you can relieve the symptoms with regular flu medicine, but you can't cure the virus itself

i could be very wrong though, i myself am not as informed and up to date with all the ins and outs of this virus, so i trust someone else will provide better answers.

An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:40 pm

@Warrior wrote:Someone is infected in my city, surely there will be a lot more soon enough. Is it a low risk of dying ?

I know nothing of coronavirus, but i worry for the upcoming summer, and the activities i plan to do. Not that i'd be afraid or unwilling to change my habits for that virus... it actually bores the fuck out of me
yes it is a low risk of dying. Very Happy

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:43 pm

those South Africans that were stuck in Wuhan when the outbreak happened, are finally being brought back by the SA government soon-ish (maybe tomorrow) and they're gunna be kept in quarantine for like 14 days, i saw on the news earlier.

I'm still in Namibia for now, but i might be going back to SA in two/three weeks.

An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:44 pm

@Warrior wrote:Someone is infected in my city, surely there will be a lot more soon enough. Is it a low risk of dying ?

It is only deadly if you have an existing respiratory condition. You should be fine.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:35 pm

Let's come back to the point, I am sorry mods, assuming race aside. Y'all will hate me but:

Stop being nice to Betty, It FUCKING started in China. Defend this before throwing your "white people" narrative.

We can't sit here and pretend when it started in China purely cause they eat something that other people don't. Please stop, it started in China, Chinese people are to blame and then it went forward based on where Chinese people traveled. It shouldn't take a Brown person to tell you this.

Betty, you're wrong, you can't defend this, you can for sure defend the sinophobia in a way but wait, aren't the sino people responsible for this global pandemic?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:36 pm

No risk of dying unless you are old or with conditions.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:36 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:Went to take a look at the website Nish posted a few days ago and I was shocked at the rate the virus is spreading. I mean, just in a matter of days, the table has skyrocketed:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Captur12

France had 38 yesterday. Today they have 57, so that's 19 new confirmed cases in just a matter of hours.

They are doing their part, similar to Italy, Japan and South Korea.

Whereas countries like Iran are ashamed.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:37 pm

@Nishankly wrote:Let's come back to the point, I am sorry mods, assuming race aside. Y'all will hate me but:

Stop being nice to Betty, It FUCKING started in China. Defend this before throwing your "white people" narrative.

We can't sit here and pretend when it started in China purely cause they eat something that other people don't. Please stop, it started in China, Chinese people are to blame and then it went forward based on where Chinese people traveled. It shouldn't take a Brown person to tell you this.

Betty, you're wrong, you can't defend this, you can for sure defend the sinophobia in a way but wait, aren't the sino people responsible for this global pandemic?
:bow: :bow:

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:44 pm

You've got to be kidding me.

The last shite we had was SARS, that originated from China and people died because China didn't announce the strain or the issues on time.

I'm not saying China is to blame blah blah but playing the race card here, gtfo man.

Mexico gave us Swine flu, Australia gave us Nipah, why are you playing the race card when its so fucking evident China is to blame.

You can eat whatever the fuck you want, if you don't cook that mothefucker properly and that fucker gives half the globe a pandemic disease stop playing the race card.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:51 pm

@El Gunner wrote:as far as i know if you're young and you have a healthy immune system, you're fine for now and you can relieve the symptoms with regular flu medicine, but you can't cure the virus itself

i could be very wrong though, i myself am not as informed and up to date with all the ins and outs of this virus, so i trust someone else will provide better answers.

Yes true.

Ultimately, its a strong virus but not even close to rabies or ebola.

The virus can't fight off a strong immune system but it can beat you if you have issues from before like Diabetes, AIDS, Cancer, Old age etc.

But why we need to panic is the reason that this virus causes pneumonia, and that requires care. Also the fact that it can take upto 25 days for you to fall sick after contact and another 20 days for you recover after that. But after news in Japan, you can fall sick even after you recover with the same fucking virus.

On paper, we shouldn't panic but the issue is that the rate this is spreading, most countries can't handle having those many in the hospital.

If even 2% of these patients develop influenza or pneumonia, its a disaster which is why we still need to make sure this disease is taken care off.

The death rate which seems to be most people's safety meter is irrelevant.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:53 pm

Betty if you wanna quote 1990s Sinophobia in the world and America, Please take it to the racism thread, if you have anything to defend the outbreak of the virus in China, keep it here and I will respond.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:22 pm

Yeah, if you're young and healthy you should be fine. Don't need to worry too much

@Pedram wrote:Betty is way out of line, completely derailed this thread and mods aren't doing anything about it.

Seriously, GL doesnt need a racial activist movement. He may be the third person ever i put on ignore in 5 years so thats quite an achievement.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:29 pm

@Nish, you can still die from it even if you're young and have no pre-existing medical conditions. Take a look at this and keep in mind that these numbers were based on the death toll China claimed it had at one point. If they're lying about it, then the percentages you're about to see could be even higher:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Fatali10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 No_med10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Sex_ra10

Source: Worldometers

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:47 pm

@The Demon of Carthage wrote:@Nish, you can still die from it even if you're young and have no pre-existing medical conditions. Take a look at this and keep in mind that these numbers were based on the death toll China claimed it had at one point. If they're lying about it, then the percentages you're about to see could be even higher:

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Fatali10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 No_med10
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 1 - Page 6 Sex_ra10

Source: Worldometers
them stats back up what nish was saying. its not impossible for young healthy people to die from it but the chances are slim.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum