Thimmy
chad4401
futbol_bill
Doc
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Raul and Iker.

But they never tried this youth route before. Then they could afford to buy the best in the world and they could sign youth well below 18 for nothing.

As you´ve yourself have said, it´s a different marketplace now and the only way to have a chance at next phenom from SA is to pay.

You´re way to quick on your judgement of these kids. I will agree with you that the club should be loaning out most, if not all of these kids, but it is way to early to say none of these will make it.

By the way, next year at this time, you will likely be adding Odegaard to the list above.

And also this Reinier kid can´t be on first team in next couple of years unless they send one of Vinicius, Rodrygo or Miltao out on loan or sell. Same is true re Japanese kid.

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 4 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Come to think of it, perhaps Flo´s strategy is same or similar to what IBM used to do.

Hire the best technology graduates, push them and let the best survive - advance. The others move on to other companies.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:Talking down?  They're kids.  Out of all the kids that we're supposed to be the "next superstar" midfielder or striker over the past 25 years, how many have panned out at Madrid?

Raul.  That's it.

Cold hard facts.

Casemiro and Valverde. Worked out. They were highly hyped but are often not included because they were bargains at the time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Freeza wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Talking down?  They're kids.  Out of all the kids that we're supposed to be the "next superstar" midfielder or striker over the past 25 years, how many have panned out at Madrid?

Raul.  That's it.

Cold hard facts.

Casemiro and Valverde. Worked out. They were highly hyped but are often not included because they were bargains at the time.

Casemiro cost 6 mil.  Valverde 5.7 mil.  I don't have any problem with these figures because these sums don't but you anything in terms of top level players.  But when you start consistently spending 30, 40, 50 mil for each kid, there's now an opportunity cost since that's what bonafide top level football players in Europe cost.

At least spend the money on kids who are performing in Europe already.

Someone explain to me how we spend 40 mil on this Brazilian striker kid... and we couldnt' spend 20 mil on Haaland.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Håland would never play. Just like Jokic isn’t playing, and when he does half the time he’s on the wing.

He also wanted to go to a place with guaranteed playing time. He could’ve gone to every club out there.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 pm

Apparently Odriozola is in Munich about to complete a 6 month loan to Bayern

Strange move who exactly is going back up Carvajal for the remainder of the season?

Edit: I hope to the lord it's not Nacho
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:47 pm

So let’s set the record straight.

You have no problem if the club spends 120 - 200M for a proven (in your eyes) FRENCH player, regardless of position or leadership capabilities, yet you find it ridiculous to spend 40M for a potential superstar from South America. And if we look back a couple of years, you had no objection to spending over 100M plus paying him a salary close to Ronaldo for an unproven Mbappe.

Yet if we list the truly all time greats, I’m sure we will find half of them are Brazilians or Argentinos. I can only think of 2 French in any such list. In other words if you are going to bet on the future, you should go to the deepest well.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:47 pm

We are not gonna get a bonafide Madrid quality player for 30-50 million unless they are on their last year and really doesn't wanna stay at their current club. Shit, the club paid 60 mil for Jovic and look how he is turning out and he actually has top flight European experience plus a full International. Paying 30-40 mil for a potential is just about as economical as one can get unless:

A) Real Madrid actually scouts grown players (22-27) and takes serious gambles on them in hopes they get a diamond in the rough

B) The club tries to go toe-to-toe financially with the PL which isn't exactly prudent.

C) Spend ridiculous sums of money on proven players which, once again, isn't exactly prudent.

D) Whatever option you guys come up with lol

This "policy" is honestly not the best but I really get the club's intention. Sort of.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Apparently Odriozola is in Munich about to complete a 6 month loan to Bayern

Strange move who exactly is going back up Carvajal for the remainder of the season?

Edit: I hope to the lord it's not Nacho

It's gonna be Nacho and I feel myself getting angry thinking about it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:Someone explain to me how we spend 40 mil on this Brazilian striker kid... and we couldnt' spend 20 mil on Haaland.

Because Zidane probably didn't want him or care to want him. Duh. You know who Zidane wanted: Jovic. You know who barely starts: Jovic. Håland would have been a fucking madman to come here under these conditions.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:53 pm

And finally, we all know Perez doesn't wanna miss out on the next Neymar. That isn't a talking down, just my honest feeling towards his Brasilian signings (all very talented young men btw).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:08 pm

Freeza wrote:Håland would never play. Just like Jokic isn’t playing, and when he does half the time he’s on the wing.

He also wanted to go to a place with guaranteed playing time. He could’ve gone to every club out there.

Haaland would have absolutely played over Rodgrygo, Vini or whoever else we have on the right. My guess is that we never even tried.

After Hazard and Benzema, we literally have nothing up front... and I'm being generous with Hazard because he's been fit and playing well all of 5 games this season methinks. It's been Benz and a whole lot of nothing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:18 pm

Haaland is not a right winger is he? and again, his fat finger fck of an agent is also someone we are reluctant to do business with unless it's a special context.

At the end of the day with young players it comes down to what your scouts see and what they like. When you sign a young player there are 1000 you dont sign. So unless the ones we sign all turn out like bums then that's a tall order.

What i have seen is Vinicius in his first year having some incredible performances and moments, but now he is struggling a bit; Rodrygo in his first season also showing a very high level in some huge moments for us. they are both doing really good for us, and we will see what comes with Reinier when he gets here.

It's a real shame Jovic is stinking up the joint, im pretty sure we were all hoping for better here. That's the signing we misfired on, because he is not really able to play as a wide forward to offer something different and he can't create anything for himself with dribbling or speed.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:42 pm

Yeah Nick, I gotta agree with you re Jovic. I remember you and I arguing about whether Jovic or Vinicius should start along side Hazard and Benz! My thought at the time wasn’t even about whether Vinicius could start on right or not, and I wrongfully thought Jovic could play as a RW or SS. I had made my argument on proven goal scoring ability. Initially, I thought Jovic’s problem was his injury and lack of playing time, but with all the time he has been given in January, there is no excuse or reasoning to his lack of production. This is just further demonstration that scouting needs to sense the adaptability of players into the team’s tactics and lineup, also they need to know the flexibility of players to other positions. Cases in point with other teams are the 100M signings of both Atleti and Barcelona. IMO, further demonstrates the risks with paying high prices for so called established players. It’s still too early for anyone to say Flo’s strategy is foolish, but I can easily say the post Neymar signings by Barcelona have all been huge disappointments while we at least have to say all ours except Jovic are working or in progress.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:10 pm

Comunicado official Odriozola is off to Bayern

Our backup RBs are 2 centerbacks Laughing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:25 pm

I feel the loan is the right thing to do. Odriozola wouldn’t be getting any action with team and likely is done for club as well as Achraf comes back next year. As far as replacement, both Nacho and Militao have played that position well before so I don’t feel there is much of a risk. We are more exposed with Casemiro.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Club doing more business on loans. Besides the Odriozola loan, the club is moving players not getting action. Lunin was moved to my home team Real Oviedo and was impressive in his first game in 2nd level liga.

Today’s news is Vallejo is going to Granada.

It’s possible none of these guys come back to Real, but it’s obvious the club plans on giving them opportunities to develop.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:41 pm

As I said earlier, as part of the youth strategy, the club should be sending most of the kids out on loans to develop particularly if Castillo stays at 3rd level futbol. Looking at current lineup, the Canteras on club; Carvajal, Casemiro, Lucas went the loan route while only Fede and Nacho stayed with club. That’s of course excluding the two Brazilians.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:03 pm

Please don't include Lucas as a success story of any kind.... please.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Fede also went out on loan Bill. He was at Depor for a season. Only Nacho ascended from the B team without going out on loan but he was never intended to be a starter
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Lucas has 3 CL medals and a La Liga crown to his name. The man is the poster child for us average footballers who made it so technically, the man is a success. I don't think he has anything to do with the loan out stuff but a success, mostly to himself.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:54 pm

Doc wrote:Lucas has 3 CL medals and a La Liga crown to his name. The man is the poster child for us average footballers who made it so technically, the man is a success. I don't think he has anything to do with the loan out stuff but a success, mostly to himself.

Average is a wild fucking compliment to that piece of human waste
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:29 pm

He's a bang on average footballer lol. Don't be like that lol
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:56 pm

Doc wrote:He's a bang on average footballer lol. Don't be like that lol

There's better players playing for my local Danish club, not even kidding.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:00 am

Now you're just being ridiculous. Lucas is alright. Can be frustrsting sometimes trying stuff he's got no business doing but i prefer that to Marco "passback" Asensio for example. His crosses are also quite nice. Not to mention his confidence. It takes guts to do what he did in the CL final

I am all for chucking him aside if a better player came along but be honest between all our RWs is there REALLY anyone who has made thar position their own?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:06 am

Mustapha Bundu is the better player
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 39  Next