Summer Transfer Rumours 2020

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours 2020 - Page 11 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 2020

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:19 am

Why do I get the impression that people on here are sympathetic with Chelsea, as if they're being unfairly treated? hmm It wasn't long ago that someone on here said that Lampard hasn't even had a transfer window to work with. They already bought Ziyech, and now they've gotten Werner and possibly Havertz as well.

That's a lot of firepower and offensive potential, in addition to the likes of in-form Pulisic and Mason Mount, who are already on the books. I suppose their defense needs work, but It's not as if the odds are against them. Have I missed something?

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:31 am

No, you haven't

Well, if 'someone said' that Lampard hasn't got a transfer window to work with that may have been because, yes, they did have an official transfer ban Laughing

So they sold Hazard without being able to directly buy a replacement, however, they had Pulisic secured half a year earlier so he was officially only loaned out to BVB for the beginning of 2019, they could make Kovacic's loan permanent for some reason, and they had Mount and Abraham loaned out to Championship clubs which basically became like new signings.

Now they have signed Werner, Ziyech since which frankly makes me wonder where Havertz will fit, but hey, against my gut feeling everyone was reporting the deal is done, and since Chelsea have secured CL football now I have given up my inner resistance. Had they messed it up, I think he'd have stayed at Bayer for another season and moved to Real or Bayern next summer.  

I think the general feeling of sympathy that you sense might stem from a combination of two things
1. The impression that Abramovich had stopped pouring sugar daddy money into the club, as indeed they had been working with relatively small transfer net investment in recent seasons, compared to the other big PL clubs
2. The impression that Lampard is overseeing a likeable, positive youngster project that is growing with no megastar investment

I agree with you, if they indeed buy Havertz that is some massive investment altogether, which goes against point 1, and that investment hasn't even bought a defensive set piece coach yet tongue
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:30 am

@Hapless_Hans wrote:

I think the general feeling of sympathy that you sense might stem from a combination of two things
1. The impression that Abramovich had stopped pouring sugar daddy money into the club, as indeed they had been working with relatively small transfer net investment in recent seasons, compared to the other big PL clubs
2. The impression that Lampard is overseeing a likeable, positive youngster project that is growing with no megastar investment

I agree with you, if they indeed buy Havertz that is some massive investment altogether, which goes against point 1, and that investment hasn't even bought a defensive set piece coach yet tongue

Well, that answers my question. I suppose I hadn't noticed that Abramovic stopped pouring cash into the club, since they had a transfer ban, anyway, and they're not a club I follow closely. The loss of Hazard without a replacement lined up, was certainly an indication that things were about to go downhill.

They're not better off without Hazard, but I think they've had enough players perform up to a more than decent enough standard, in order to patch things up until next season starts. Their defense and goalkeeping leave a lot to be desired sometimes. That's an issue they'll have to address sooner or later. I'd go as far as to say that their midfield is widely underrated, and they're not so quietly assembling a young and exciting, attacking force.

The only way for them is up. On paper, they certainly don't seem like underdogs, to me. I think Leicester's the only holder of that title, among the clubs competing for the league title. They've more than bounced back since the loss of Kanté, and I believe the Turkish guy, Soyuncu(spelling?) looks significantly better than Maguire.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:58 am

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Where do Chelsea get the money from? I suppose this transfer is still only talk at this point, but I really didn't expect to see any high-profile transfers in this odd year for football transfers - let alone two in both Werner and Havertz. They already acquired Ziyech, as well. Meanwhile, it's been silent from all other clubs.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Last summer they spent £40m to redeem the Kovacic loan and brought in £140m in player sales.

This summer, the loans of Morata and Pasalic have been made permanent for a combined £66m. On top that is the usual money coming from the PL and CL.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/alletransfers/verein/631

They're benefiting from spending very little due to the transfer ban (Kovacic was an exception as the purchase had already been agreed) and bringing in a lot of money, principally through the sales of Hazard and Morata.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:07 pm

@S wrote:

So much for fraudster Hans' promise. Rolling Eyes Would be a phenomenal signing for Chelsea. Well, if not for anything else, at least it will make them challenge Liverpool next season. They need to get their defense and gk fixed tho.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:13 pm

Sorry. I'm a victim here too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:31 pm

Havertz, Werner and Ziyech is a transfer window that is far beyond the reach of my imagination as a Farca fan.

Meanwhile, we are currently being linked to Guendouzi again. Is this fantasy?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:50 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Havertz, Werner and Ziyech is a transfer window that is far beyond the reach of my imagination as a Farca fan.

Meanwhile, we are currently being linked to Guendouzi again. Is this fantasy?

The horror one window without a 100m+ transfer.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:22 pm

@Myesyats wrote:Havertz, Werner and Ziyech is a transfer window that is far beyond the reach of my imagination as a Farca fan.

not sold on any of those three
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:29 pm

ziyech is going to be massive ; that guy's goal : assist ratio is crazy ; best left foot chelsea are going to get since robben ; i am gonna say that he is going to be even better than pulisic.
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:56 pm

@Jay29 wrote:Last summer they spent £40m to redeem the Kovacic loan and brought in £140m in player sales.

This summer, the loans of Morata and Pasalic have been made permanent for a combined £66m. On top that is the usual money coming from the PL and CL.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-chelsea/alletransfers/verein/631

They're benefiting from spending very little due to the transfer ban (Kovacic was an exception as the purchase had already been agreed) and bringing in a lot of money, principally through the sales of Hazard and Morata.

Basically, And the board is backing this current project, so we're looking to spend big to build a dominant team.

Plus I think the fact that we know we have money to spend, and the downturn in the economy means we're better off spending now than waiting a year.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:37 am

@Thimmy wrote:Where do Chelsea get the money from?

Is this a real question lol? Chelsea are bankrolled by Abramovich lol, they can spend as much as they want as long as he deems it necessary.

In recent years they haven't but it hasn't been due to a lack of capital to spend, more that the owner didn't really want to.

The bigger question would be what changed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 am

New contacts between Juventus and Barcelona for Mattia De Sciglio in the last few days. Operation estimated to be around €10M. Juventus would give the green light. Juve could bring back Luca Pellegrini.(tmw)

Barca Laughing

Obviously not a great source but imagine paying money for this washed up jabroni in 2020

Can they take Khedira off our books too please ?!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:02 pm

Uh Ariedo Braida is the head scout at Barça.

You may figure out the rest on why they want De Scrublio.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by JespSwe Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:53 am

braida was sacked by barca after string of poor signings ; he is taking legal action for unfair dismissal
JespSwe
JespSwe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:52 am

Rumors about MDS are quite surprising. First it was PSG, now it's even Barcelona Laughing

The guy is worth less than 10 millions ffs, and turning 28 next season, he has no potential. Relatively safe player on both sides but he is a bland back-up in Serie A for a decade as you can find some in any domestic league. Pointless for us to sell him, pointless for others to buy him.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:11 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Is this a real question lol? Chelsea are bankrolled by Abramovich lol, they can spend as much as they want as long as he deems it necessary.

In recent years they haven't but it hasn't been due to a lack of capital to spend, more that the owner didn't really want to.

They still have to operate within the framework of FFP, unless they exploit the rules, like both PSG and City have. Jay’s explanation made sense. Their transfer ban seems to have been a blessing in disguise.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:28 am

@Warrior wrote:Rumors about MDS are quite surprising. First it was PSG, now it's even Barcelona Laughing

The guy is worth less than 10 millions ffs, and turning 28 next season, he has no potential. Relatively safe player on both sides but he is a bland back-up in Serie A for a decade as you can find some in any domestic league. Pointless for us to sell him, pointless for others to buy him.

Nah not really

Guys like De Sciglio, Khedira and Costa are literally pointless to have around who play one game and stay injured for the next 10. De Shitlio can fuck off, take his 'safety' elsewhere and leech millions of some other club.

All these unserviceable players need to be flushed out as soon as possible starting with Khedira.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am

I don't believe the links to big clubs, makes no sense. If MDS leaves it will be on loan or very small amount of money to a bottom tier club like Bologna, Udinese etc

In ideal world we never buy him in the first place but in reality he is the least of concerns.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:09 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

They still have to operate within the framework of FFP, unless they exploit the rules, like both PSG and City have. Jay’s explanation made sense. Their transfer ban seems to have been a blessing in disguise.

Jay summed it up well.

Also, it's been quite well known that we've been sticking to FFP for a number of years so I doubt that will change now. We have some big sponsorship deals providing us with cash and our obvious sales cash. Plus the loan army normally pulls in a little bit extra, too. I think we'll have 2-3 big signings left this summer Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:04 pm

^^must be nice having the comfort of knowing that Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:46 pm

@Arquitecto wrote:Uh Ariedo Braida is the head scout at Barça.

You may figure out the rest on why they want De Scrublio.

Braida been sacked about a year ago
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:19 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:25 pm

Will be 30 next April. What a shame, his departure was the demise of our midfield.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: