urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Yeah they boycotting due to the recent shooting.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:29 pm

The playoffs are still interesting to me, because there are no super teams.

We'll see what happens next, will the season be finished. I hope the boycott has a clear message, otherwise it will be a waste. What's needed is better training and accountability for the police. Not just boycotting with the message "this is wrong". No one who decides to pull the trigger thinks about the NBA when they're doing that. If they're better trained for these situations and if they know they will be held accountable, that's what is going to affect their actions. But simply the NBA playoffs being cancelled will not.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:54 pm

They’re not boycotting. They’re striking.

Also they’re trying to hurt the revenue of league and team owners who make incredibly large sums of money on the labour of black people but don’t give a shit about the rights of the same people who make them money.

NBA and owners need to put their money where the mouth is and use money for political change instead of using a social movement as PR opportunity
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:09 pm

That's assumptions you make. It's not players vs owners/league... they are all together

It's an attempt to highlight the problem, not sure it will succeed tho, because for racists is it not a huge W, actually ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:14 pm

You see Black Lives protests for 3 months yet literally nothing change, if anything the murder attempt on Jacob Blake was the worst of all, he is now paralyzed btw, not sure for you guys but i'd rather be dead

I wonder how NBA can push for a change. Not sure striking is the best solution. That would be giving a collective cheque of 1 billion to fund education in black neighborhoods. THAT would help

In the end, police brutality won't change until there is not a clear statement by whoever's in charge that officers will now be held accountable (in full) for the slightest abuse of power.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:48 pm

There needs to be a political desire to improve the police force. If these protests and strikes can bring forward such political desire, then they will have achieved something. But on its own a strike like this one does not change anything. Ultimately it's only the politicians who can permanently change the police force and how it operates.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:05 am

It still sends a message. People are getting fed up, in a big way. The NBA isn't coming back, the 2020 season is done. It was huge when the NBA suspended the season for coronavirus. The NBA ending the season in support of black lives would be monumental. The type of thing that gets written in the history books.

I'm proud of my team. It would be difficult to go out there and play right now. They shouldn't. Milwaukee is hurting (Kenosha is like 20-30 mins away). The nation is too. Never been prouder of this team.

The brewer's also decided not to play their game tonight. I don't think it will do much in the grand scheme of things for the MLB, but at least Milwaukee is united.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 am

Warrior wrote:That's assumptions you make. It's not players vs owners/league... they are all together

It's an attempt to highlight the problem, not sure it will succeed tho, because for racists is it not a huge W, actually ?

Sure... they’re all together

https://mobile.twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1298812939227394051
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:06 am

Kinda disappointing if they cancel the season after all the work to make the bubble a success lol.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:40 pm

From Colin Kaepernick kneeling to NBA cancelling the season.

WATTBA
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:12 pm

season going to resume,,,,, so what was the point of a one day boycott?? i presume they're going to make it clear as days go on.

i agree with what Art said above, there needs to be clear action, not just messages
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:44 am

been excited for these East semis for the longest time, i think they're both potential 7 gamers.
I have to go on what i've seen so far though in the bubble,
Heat in 7
Raptors in 6 (this is largely based on Lowry being fit and active)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:15 pm

Raps getting fucked by the Celtics lmao

They look worse than the sixers
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:22 pm

strange game from the Raptors
ice cold from 3
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:41 pm

Yeah Siakam and VanVleet have been horrible this game. We've had plenty of open looks couldn't get anything. Siakam hasn't been that impressive since the restart.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:51 pm

I watched the first quarter and gave up since it was a 16 point difference and Siakam on three fouls x)
Looks like they didn't improve from that.

Gonna watch at least the first quarter of Dallas v Clippers... Too bad that fragile Porzingis ruined Dallas' chances.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:02 pm

Jamal V Mitchell has been a joy in this Nuggets vs Jazz series and now it's going to game 7.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:15 am

lol Siakam confirmed beta
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:38 am

Yup, Siakam has been terrible since the restart and he's way too predictable with nothing new to add to his game. We've improved from the first game, but this might be a sweep match up wise its not great for us with the way Siakam is playing. I've always stuck by not having a closer in the playoffs was going to be real issue.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:39 am

A wild ending to the JazzNugget series:
https://streamable.com/bgv31n

Siakam's FG% between regular seasons dropped by 10% as his role grew after Kawhi leaving. 23ppg on 45% is still solid, but that FG% drop highlights that he struggles to be an efficient 1st choice scorer.

On another note, Siakam, Lowry and VanFleet all had pretty bad games, but Toronto only lost by 3. That should give them some hope despite being 2-0 down.

Btw, people don't talk enough about Tatum, imo. He keeps on impressing. I think he could be a top-10 player next season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:51 am

Tatum is class, yes

agreed Toronto can make a series out of it if they shoot better, but i think they're struggling with Celtics' length. Celtics have had their number all season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:15 am

Budenholzer in the play off  Mad

And also this no final, what a disappointment
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:22 am

Bucks are struggling.

I remember some of you saying how they'd walk to the finals. Covid has thrown a spanner in the works.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:25 am

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:31 am

LeBron >>>> Giannis and it's not even close
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:37 am

Think I jinxed it lol.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next