urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:15 pm

I'm not a Paul George fan, and don't particularly like the guy even, but didn't he finish 3rd in MVP voting last year? Or was that two years ago?

Either way, the guy looked like one of the best wings in the league, and has (imo, inconsistently) looked like that for years now.

He's been an all star 6 times, and he was first team all-nba as well as first team all defense last year.

Calling him a "low tier all star without a single memorable performance" isn't correct, although the trade was definitely a huge overpay. I fuckin love Gallo

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 37 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:20 pm

True memorable isn’t the right word. He’s had plenty memorable exits.

Also his top 3 in MVP was a farce really. He didn’t show up the last month a half of the regular season and stunk in the playoffs like usual. Sure he was incredible the first 3-4 months, but I think people underestimate how much of that was Westbrook creating for him. He hasn’t looked the same on a team without a single viable PG.

Would any of you put him in the top 10 let alone the top 15? I clearly wouldn’t. Yet people talked about him as if he was on AD’s level as a player.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Oh can we stop acting like Clippers did that trade for Paul George.

They didn't, they did it for Kawhi Leonard and Paul George. As Kawhi Leonard never joins them without them making that trade and you do that trade every fucking time.

There’s been one post about the trade. And yes it was terrible.

Well they did it for Paul George. Kawhi not going there unless Playoff Pee was just spin and Clippers could’ve easily called his bluff. Their team would’ve been much scarier without him.

Kawhi was never joining us. At least that’s what everyone says when they want to clown the Lakers, and he sure as hell wasnt staying in Canada. Because if he wanted that, that was his best option from the start.

So what was his alternative if the Clippers declined to trade all their assets for a low tier all star without a single memorable performance?

Where would Kawhi have gone?

He was joining you lol, which is even more reason to do the trade.

Quite obvious considering how many FAs you ignored until Kawhi's decision was made.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Why was I told Kawhi was just playing us and never had us a real choice?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Freeza wrote:Why was I told Kawhi was just playing us and never had us a real choice?

Memes and hating lol.

I genuinely don't think he made a choice until the Clippers gave him what he wanted.

Doesn't make much sense why you waited and missed out on so many good players if Kawhi wasn't a legitimate possibility.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Giving up all your future for Paul George just because another player asks you to is dumb, imo. Making a trade like that is just too risky and desperate for my liking. Obviously if they win a championship this season or the next I'll hold my hands up and admit it was worth it. But I still don't like a trade that's so desperate.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:25 pm

That's not how this works.

When Kawhi Leonard says what he wants to join you then you do it.

Every team in the NBA do that exact same deal in the same circumstances.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That's not how this works.

When Kawhi Leonard says what he wants to join you then you do it.

Every team in the NBA do that exact same deal in the same circumstances.

Not for Paul George though. Maybe for a better player.
Clippers could’ve had a just as bright future without the trade even if Kawhi didn’t come.

They essentially gambled the next decade on a two year window to win and their duo is far from the best in the league.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:04 pm

Yeah, get a top-10 player with Kawhi and I'm more comfortable with it. Get Paul George and there's still a high chance that better teams and star pairings will be assembled by others.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Also gotta give it up to Sam Presti. I have hated on him before but this past off season he has been a fucking legend.

Imagine trading away your two all stars and ending up with a better team and 8x first round picks and 5x pick swaps
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:10 pm

yea, it seems to be clearly a blame split between Kawhi and the Clippers, but more so on Kawhi. He clearly didn't want to be in Toronto, and he clearly wanted to move to LA, and i also believe he clearly didn't want to play with LeBron and form a superteam, but if the Clippers didn't come through he probably would have joined the Lakers, because i think that's how much he didn't want to live in Toronto and move back to his home state.

It's Kawhi's fault for as much as not seeing that the Clippers had a good thing going with the team they already had. SGA and Gallo are more than just solid players, they are consistently very good and still have room for improvement. Lou and Harrell is the best duo coming off the bench across the league. Lou is probably more clutch than George the way things look at the moment. So he had his clutch time partner in crime if he was concerned about that. That team was enough, and Kawhi should have realised that.

The Clippers and Steve Balmer went high-risk, high reward with that trade. You obviously badly want Kawhi after the last postseason he had, so you would do a lot to get him there. They put their chips all in on winning a championship in the next year or two, and if that doesn't happen they'll just have to live with their decision by either re-signing two injury-ridden all-stars and see it out with them, or letting them go and looking for other players to fill that cap space with the knowledge of knowing they past up on potential franchise building draft picks. Drafts don't always come with a lot certainty, but they could have used those picks more wisely in future trade to had to what they had with SGA, Gallo, Lou and Harrell.

Freeza wrote:True memorable isn’t the right word. He’s had plenty memorable exits.

Also his top 3 in MVP was a farce really. He didn’t show up the last month a half of the regular season and stunk in the playoffs like usual. Sure he was incredible the first 3-4 months, but I think people underestimate how much of that was Westbrook creating for him. He hasn’t looked the same on a team without a single viable PG.

Would any of you put him in the top 10 let alone the top 15? I clearly wouldn’t. Yet people talked about him as if he was on AD’s level as a player.

LeBron
Kawhi
Durant
Steph
Doncic
Giannis
Harden
Dame
AD
Westbrook
Kyrie
Klay
Tatum
Spida Mitchell
Jokic
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:29 pm

From my understanding in the summer saga Kawhi would've been fine staying here, but he wanted Masai to do something similar, we were also apparently offered Westbrook and PG, but we'd be giving away basically our entire roster and 1st round picks. With having the chip already Masai declined this offer.

PG wasn't even Kawhi first choice from what I heard he wanted to team up with either Kyrie, Durant or Butler. Kyrie and Durant teamed up in Brooklyn and Butler went to heat that left PG only.

I do wonder how Doc feels he has to coach the guy who cheated on his daughter with a stripper and got her pregnant.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:58 pm

in other not so surprising breaking news, Philly fire head coach Brett Brown.
Who should they get in as next coach?
Should they run it back with Embiid and Simmons one more time before they break up the process?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:29 am

Philly have 147m in salaries for next season, quite significantly in the luxury tax territory. I don't see how they could improve the team without lumping either Embiid or Simmons together with Horford for a trade. In other words, if they want to keep Embiid and Simmons, they have to keep Harris and Horford, too. No one's taking those contracts without getting Embiid or Simmons with them. Change the coach and keep this same roster together for another year? That's a yikes from me - but might be the best they can do.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:44 pm

Porzingis going to miss another game with knee soreness. Doncic deserves better than a guy who is out injured in the playoffs without actually getting injured.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:19 am

Literally everytime i watch a Nuggets game, Jamal Murray is on fire. So for Nuggets fans' sake i should probably watch more of them Laughing He is good enough to be one of the most talked about premier guards in this league, he just needs to be more consistent throughout the regular season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:54 am

Really feel bad for Luka here, if he was 100% and KP was available they could've knocked Clippers out.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:57 am

^^perhaps. But that first half is the best Clippers i've seen so far in the bubble. That needs to be their standard. Paul George obviously responding to all the banter, as you would expect from a top player.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:31 pm

Y'all really think Giannis played like a Defensive Player of the Year this season?? Bucks defense is more because of the team than him
I would have given it to Anthony Davis
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE_ULLmp4QI
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:41 pm

El Gunner wrote:Y'all really think Giannis played like a Defensive Player of the Year this season?? Bucks defense is more because of the team than him
I would have given it to Anthony Davis

WAT

he was amazing defensively, their defence only works because of him lol.

Might as well say " i didn't watch Bucks play but I'm gonna give my take anyway "
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:06 pm

sorry for you, but i did watch Bucks games, i watch all my fantasy players. Didn't mean to imply he isn't integral to their defensive schemes, but their defense in my eyes is more of a team system.
AD overall throughout the season was more impressive to me as a defensive player.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:31 pm

I've not followed the NBA bubble in the slightest, my room-mate still watch Raptors game which i hear as background sound

What's going on with Luguentz Dort ? I hear on radio Harden shoots 14% when guarded by him

Because of this i might root for OKC
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:37 pm

why aren't you following?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Without fantasy my interest is less i suppose. Also NHL playoffs are occuring at the same time

Seems like it's about to get cancelled anyway ? 2 games off tonight and probably more to come
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:17 pm

Yeah they boycotting due to the recent shooting.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next