urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 27 Apr - 18:17:41

Freeza wrote:I need a whole 10 part series about Rodman's weekend in Vegas ffs

That was amazing lmao, also love that MJ and Isiah still hate each other lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Mon 27 Apr - 19:22:05

El Gunner wrote:just watched this regular season classic again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I33o9UnUe1A

man Curry is soooooo good, and Klay is ever dependable A+ solid Klay. Can't wait to see them again next season. And Harrison Barnes is such beta player lmaoo, wow can't believe he was even dubbed our third (scoring) option. Even Barbosa had better impact than him that season. Wiggins is easily a better player than him. Surely we'll compete again next season.

Golden State were the worst team in the league this year arguably. I'm not sure why you think you'll "surely" compete again next season just because Steph and Klay are back. Don't get me wrong, I think Golden State will be a good team again, but you're forgetting the pieces that GS had those years who were crucial to their success.

Shaun Livingston, Andre Igudala, Bogut, Speights, Barnes, Barbosa all were contributors, and none of those players were bad players. They fit and ran the system pretty well.

Now GS has Steph, Klay, Draymond as usual and they've added Wiggins and...??? They have no one else.

Paschall can contribute off the bench. Kevon Looney isn't a terrible player but he's not that good either. Jordan Poole is just godawful, Damion Lee is pretty bad...GS just have no bench whatsoever
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 27 Apr - 19:29:40

They're unlucky this is one the two worst drafts since 2001. They have to get lucky with their pick this year.

They gotta hope for Obi Toppin. Think he'd fit their team best and give them athleticism and size. Him or James Wiseman. How good those two will be is yet to be seen.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 27 Apr - 22:23:00

just wait and see CB

Freeza wrote:I need a whole 10 part series about Rodman's weekend in Vegas ffs

once in a lifetime human being
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 27 Apr - 22:37:59

Also as much as Jordan hates Isiah they still didn't do him as dirty as they did Kukoc Laughing

Legit have forgotten the dude existed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 5 May - 14:36:59

Charles Barkley was actually really good. Somebody on twitter said Barkley was as good as Draymond Green pretends he is Laughing

on the Bulls' first 3-peat you can actually see the parallels with the Warriors recently. The longer the dynasty goes on it actually becomes mentally tougher instead of physically tougher mainly because of the pressure the media constantly stirs up.

I love that moment where he says, if he started all over he wouldn't want to be a role model, because in the presence of the media/public it's only a losing game.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 5 May - 15:37:54

Barkley was amazing, it upsets me how many people disrespect him because they have no clue.

He has an argument for one of the best players ever not to win a ring, he probably doesn't want to be on that list but still.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed 6 May - 22:00:15

Just finished the first episode of The Last Dance.

I'm really not a fan of basketball, so I apologize in advance if what I'm about to say is really unfair or ignorant.

There's a legendary coach named Phil Jackson who has 11 championship rings. I think we can all agree that it's a lot. You can't win that many rings if you are not truly great at what you do.

But then I took a closer look and I noticed that he was lucky to train some of the best players in history (90s Bulls and the Lakers with Kobe and Shaq). After realizing that, I really couldn't help but wonder whether he's truly a legendary coach who would've won just as much with any other team, or just a very talented one who had the privilege and luck of coaching the most talented players in the game, including the king himself.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed 6 May - 22:21:08

From my understanding Phil was unique in his own way, and many players and other coaches who learned from him speak highly of him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu 7 May - 20:52:16

Game of Zones is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he-VxfjhZt0
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 7 May - 23:22:56

You'll gain more understanding of why Phil is great by watching more episodes.

Sure he coached Pippen, MJ, Kobe and Shaq but at the same time those guys have a grand total of one championship without him.

Not that proves he carried them lol but that whole mindset is very reductive tbh.

Phil is undoubtedly the GOAT when it comes to understanding and nurturing Egos, which arguably is more important than any basketball related thing at the top level.

This Bulls team would definitely have ripped itself apart without him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu 7 May - 23:28:53

He's basically the only coach that has ever three-peated. That's a fucking insane achievement. And he's done it three times. Doesn't matter who his players were.

The last time it happened before Phil was Celtics' dominance when there were 9 teams in the league in the 60s.

A big reason is that there probably isn't a better coach in any sport ever at being a man manager. He knew how to handle egos, who to be independant, who to yell at etc.

Not a single coach I'd rather have from that standpoint. Tactical coaches are much overrated compared to man managers in the NBA. With the right talents the people will figure out how to play offense.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 7 May - 23:29:56

Agree completely
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon 11 May - 22:43:42

Michael Jordan’s baseball career is so underrated. Playing at that level while having not played for a decade and a half is ridiculous
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 12 May - 3:10:57

MJ was before my time and I only got to watch him properly with the Wizards in his twilight years, but I've always been a truther just based off of his clips, accomplishments, and stats. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching The Last Dance so far. It makes it even more funny to think people actually say Kobe or LeBron were ever truly in contention for being the GOAT when this man actually existed.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 12 May - 3:25:34

Watching this and its pretty clear as day that Lebron is the GOAT.

If not simply for how he went to bat for Tristian Thompson, while even today Jordan can say with a straight face pip was selfish for being underpaid. Thats BS.

Jordan is a bad person, fundamentally. You cant be a bad person and carry the label of GOAT.

Nice seeing the March 95 game vs the Hawks at the Omni get talked about though. Only time I ever saw him play in person....and he barely squeaked by a really good Hawks team at home. That season we even knocked out Reggie Miller and his bitch ass Pacers in the playoffs Proud

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 12 May - 3:36:09

and dude is full of shit too. Gary Payton was all over his ass when he got placed on him. Jordan is relying on people not being old enough to remember the actual games. I remember that series and putting the glove on him clearly threw him off his game.

You place him on him earlier, like you should, and the series is much closer those early games.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 12 May - 4:51:35

I like how they're trying to play up the accomplishment by totally ignoring how fucking stacked those Bulls teams were compared to their opponents. In general the league just had a lack of talent compared to today imo. And the talent was much more spread out.

My biggest gripe with the documentary is the utter Kukoc erasure Laughing Dude was a great player.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 12 May - 6:14:01

Lebron that took the bums that got Swept in the 07 finals would make it to the finals on a team Jordan failed to get there to them no doubt.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 12 May - 12:16:35

stupid discussion to have because it's all context and scenario based, the 90s isnt the same as the 00s and 10s, the game evolves.

But just based off skillset, it's clear to me that Jordan was the better player, athlete, better winning mentality and more clutch as well than LeBron.

also i thought we already wrote off the criticism that competition and players were shit back then...
If the Bulls were so stacked why didnt they top the Eastern conference and at least even make the finals in those two seasons Jordan went to play baseball??????
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 12 May - 12:38:24

Freeza wrote:I like how they're trying to play up the accomplishment by totally ignoring how fucking stacked those Bulls teams were compared to their opponents. In general the league just had a lack of talent compared to today imo. And the talent was much more spread out.

My biggest gripe with the documentary is the utter Kukoc erasure Laughing Dude was a great player.

In 1998? Sure but not the 90s overall.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 12 May - 13:26:05

Well the bulls were robbed by the refs in one of those cases and should have made the finals.

Based on athleticism I'd say lebron is better too. He can competently guard and of the 5 on the floor, and was such a force that his athleticism alone willed a team to a final. Something Jordan was never able to do at his athletic peak in the 80s.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 12 May - 13:43:29

Don't call me James wrote:MJ was before my time and I only got to watch him properly with the Wizards in his twilight years, but I've always been a truther just based off of his clips, accomplishments, and stats. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching The Last Dance so far. It makes it even more funny to think people actually say Kobe or LeBron were ever truly in contention for being the GOAT when this man actually existed.

the gif in your signature was also shown in episode 8 i believe Very Happy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue 12 May - 15:14:38

Young Kaz wrote:Well the bulls were robbed by the refs in one of those cases and should have made the finals.

Based on athleticism I'd say lebron is better too. He can competently guard and of the 5 on the floor, and was such a force that his athleticism alone willed a team to a final. Something Jordan was never able to do at his athletic peak in the 80s.

Congratulations, the 1 through 5 comment proves i don't have to take any of this seriously.

It's never been true and only repeated by:

A: Lebron stans

B: Idiots

C: Both
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue 12 May - 15:51:28

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:Well the bulls were robbed by the refs in one of those cases and should have made the finals.

Congratulations, the 1 through 5 comment proves i don't have to take any of this seriously.

It's never been true and only repeated by:

A: Lebron stans

B: Idiots

C: Both

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 27 Giphy

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 12 May - 16:55:37

El Gunner wrote:stupid discussion to have because it's all context and scenario based, the 90s isnt the same as the 00s and 10s, the game evolves.

But just based off skillset, it's clear to me that Jordan was the better player, athlete, better winning mentality and more clutch as well than LeBron.

Based off skillset? It's pretty even there for me. LeBron is a better 3 point shooter, much better passer, more versatile on defense. He's also more consistent in regards to longevity and staying healthy, which is why I'd pick him over MJ to start a franchise.
Jordan has him in shooting everywhere else, post moves, perimeter defense and ball handling.

Also Jordan is not a better athlete than LeBron. That's a ridiculous claim.

El Gunner wrote:
also i thought we already wrote off the criticism that competition and players were shit back then...
If the Bulls were so stacked why didnt they top the Eastern conference and at least even make the finals in those two seasons Jordan went to play baseball??????

First of all. There's only one playoff without MJ to judge that team on. They weren't that good in the second year because they lost some of the championship pedigree to FA.

He left the Bulls and they were 2 games away from the best record. Then they added Rodman and MJ to that team. You don't think that's a stacked team?

And no one said the competition was shit. But those teams are not close to today. That Pippen contract might be the sole reason for that though. It's the reason Bulls always had a considerably better team that their opponent in finals.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next