urbaNRoots
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
26 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:53 am

Doesn't make it right honestly.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:19 pm

It's unavoidable, because if the Lakers do win the championship it would be a fitting tribute towards Kobe's memory. I don't think it's wrong to speculate with something so obvious. And if they don't win, no one in their right mind will be saying they let Kobe down.

What's happened to Lillard, btw, he's gone absolutely crazy as of late : o
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:28 pm

just Lillard doing Lillard things
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:It's unavoidable, because if the Lakers do win the championship it would be a fitting tribute towards Kobe's memory. I don't think it's wrong to speculate with something so obvious. And if they don't win, no one in their right mind will be saying they let Kobe down.

What's happened to Lillard, btw, he's gone absolutely crazy as of late : o

It's very unavoidable, just don't be a dick lol. Also it's not just about the Lakers, it's a general thing.

Media are twisting and pushing the death of a all time great to further push narratives all while pushing extra pressure on players who are currently grieving.

A lot of what they're doing is disgusting imo and doesn't sit right with me.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Probably the biggest season of Lebron's career now.

He cemented himself as GOAT when he beat the Warriors in the final a couple years back. This is the icing on the legacy cake.

Everybody who hated him are now in his corner though. I dont think there is a single neutral rooting against him now.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:22 pm

This is the type of shit I'm on about, people are using the death of a all time great to amplify Lebron's potential greatness.

It's disgusting on so many levels, not to mention it's not a fair pressure to put on Lebron.

You shouldn't use the death of a man to create storylines in sport, it's not right.

It's what ESPN are doing and what Kaz just exemplified in his post. It may not always be intentional but it's not right.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This is the type of shit I'm on about, people are using the death of a all time great to amplify Lebron's potential greatness.

It's disgusting on so many levels, not to mention it's not a fair pressure to put on Lebron.

You shouldn't use the death of a man to create storylines in sport, it's not right.

It's what ESPN are doing and what Kaz just exemplified in his post. It may not always be intentional but it's not right.

You cant separate it though. Especially when sports are built upon storylines. His greatness becomes almost unmatched in basketball if he pulls it out this year. He's already linked with Kobe forever....this would just complete the dimension of the puzzle.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:47 pm

One it's not unmatched lol, not even close but i don't want to get into that as it's a different argument.

Also sure you can, just don't be the asshole who is using a mans death to fuel a storyline.

You can remember Kobe without having to use his death to fuel bullshit narratives.

I don't even blame Lebron or any player they put this on, it's media and their bullshit incessance to create narratives no matter how disgusting they maybe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:One it's not unmatched lol, not even close but i don't want to get into that as it's a different argument.

Also sure you can, just don't be the asshole who is using a mans death to fuel a storyline.

You can remember Kobe without having to use his death to fuel bullshit narratives.

I don't even blame Lebron or any player they put this on, it's media and their bullshit incessance to create narratives no matter how disgusting they maybe.

Its the narrative though. We dont want it to be, but it is.

A legend dies in the same season his old team is once again a force led by his old rival?

the old rival leads the speech before the first game back in their arena where the star(and his daughter) will most likely have their funeral in within the week?

There isnt a single neutral on earth who isnt, or wont be, willing Lebron to bring it home. ESPN wouldnt be doing their job if they didnt ride this narrative. This has become
a journey through the human experience.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:05 pm

There are the ones fueling the narrative, please don't act like this is at all natural or organic lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There are the ones fueling the narrative, please don't act like this is at all natural or organic lol.

I dont think its ESPN alone.

My dad watches Fox Sports and Nba on TNT and the sentiment seems universal(if your team is already out without a chance). They want Lebron(and Lakers) to win the ship now.

ESPN is a large voice in it though Laughing

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:47 pm

Only thing i seen on TNT was a remembrance show, don't really watch Fox except the games.

But i haven't experienced it outside of ESPN.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:35 pm

tbh i'd rather see Kawhi win it over LeBron or Nick Nurse to do a madness with his Raptors again.

Also LeBron didn't cement shit in the 3-1 comeback against the Warriors. Draymond was suspended for game 5 and Kyrie was equally as great as he during those last 3 games, and Kyrie actually hit the final shot of the series. So no.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Lebron's only case is longevity and even then Kareem has just a big a case tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:56 pm

Regarding the Lillard stuff, this shouldn't be surprising. There's a reason Portland usually are a high seed. He usually has stretches where he goes off and they reel off wins single handily because of Lillard.

Even if you go back 3 years he's been averaging 27 and 7 on 59.9% ts and is arguably the best guard in the league over that time not called Steph.

Assuming our current performances hold up I'm more scared about Portland than i am for Memphis when regarding the 8th seed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:50 pm

El Gunner wrote:tbh i'd rather see Kawhi win it over LeBron or Nick Nurse to do a madness with his Raptors again.

Also LeBron didn't cement shit in the 3-1 comeback against the Warriors. Draymond was suspended for game 5 and Kyrie was equally as great as he during those last 3 games, and Kyrie actually hit the final shot of the series. So no.

Draymond that is being exposed this season? Laughing

I mean we gotta let the hatred die. Lebron was 3-1 down against the best team in NBA history and he ran it back. That shit is stuff for the ages. GOAT was gonna GOAT. Proud

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:57 pm

That has absolutely zero to do with 2014-16 Draymond, it's completely irrelevant.

Dude had 32-15-9 in game 7 of that series, with takes like that it's hard to take anything you say seriously on this subject tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:20 pm

bro when are Minnesota gunna break up and free KAT Rolling Eyes
#freetheKAT
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:bro when are Minnesota gunna break up and free KAT Rolling Eyes
#freetheKAT

He hasn't won a game since November lmao, having a talent like that go that long without winning a game seems insane.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:10 pm

A stat i just found btw lol.

81.3 of Zion shots either go in or are rebounded by Zion lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:15 pm

So dumb lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:34 pm

How you guys value Towns ? What they ask in return must be indecent

A good shooter, a decent center, a reliable rotation player and 2 first round picks seems a fair price to me
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:50 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Probably the biggest season of Lebron's career now.

He cemented himself as GOAT when he beat the Warriors in the final a couple years back. This is the icing on the legacy cake.

Everybody who hated him are now in his corner though. I dont think there is a single neutral rooting against him now.

I'm rooting against him
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:09 pm

Only we could shot 58% from the field and out rebound a team by 20 and be losing the game.

14 turnovers urgh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:13 pm

CBarca wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:Probably the biggest season of Lebron's career now.

I'm rooting against him

straight up Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:50 pm

Jrue has been fucking ass today.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next