Unique
Freeza
El Gunner
40 posters

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 11 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 11

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:07 pm

I have a feeling they just went online to look at what people wanted to win for once and then they obliged so they can shut the people up for at least one year. Considering that half of the voters actually don't watch half of the films in contention apparently Laughing

But they've been long already dead to me. Couldn't care less about the Oscars honestly, they've been out of touch with original and modern cinema for the longest time. Hollywood is dying out and video on demand is taking over. Great time to be an indie filmmaker.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Fuck the Oscars. Already Hollywood award shows are a drag to watch and have been for over a decade. Nothing interesting about a self-indulgent award show with rows of lapdogs of the industry up front knowing when to clap and stand and sit. The Oscar award will always be the biggest for Hollywood never will that change nor need it but it is so politically driven now it has lost a lot of its weight. The award show itself is even worse without a host and last night was one thing tributing another tributing another. Lets not forget the award-winners collecting the award and lecturing the public on what to be and do despite none of them exactly educated beyond anything of worth. Stfu.

EG is right Hollywood is well and truly dying and that is a GOOD thing given what a dark industry is, so that makes me happy and onwards for better media formats.

Last edited by Arquitecto on Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Fucks the Oscars. Already Hollywood award shows are a drag to watch and have been for over a decade. Nothing interesting about a self-indulgent award show with rows of lapdogs of the industry up front knowing when to clap and stand and sit. The Oscar award will always be the biggest for Hollywood never will that change nor need it but it is so politically driven now it has lost a lot of its weight. The award show itself is even worse without a host and last night was one thing tributing another tributing another. Lets not forget the award-winners collecting the award and lecturing the public on what to be and do despite none of them exactly educated beyond anything of worth. Stfu.

EG is right Hollywood is well and truly dying and that is a GOOD thing given what a dark industry is, so that makes me happy and onwards for better media formats.

Wat
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:45 pm

I really want to watch 1917 but I just don't have the time. When can we expect it on Netflix or Prime or even illegal streaming sites ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:48 pm

That being said, all this hype for Parasite has me surprised at myself that I have yet to see it. My hype built more from my mutual circle who have a great taste in film raving about it relentlessly. Already I love Korean films (Memories of murder, peppermint candy, Secret sunshine) so this will be saved for a good sunday night for me.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:51 pm

Nishankly wrote:I really want to watch 1917 but I just don't have the time. When can we expect it on Netflix or Prime or even illegal streaming sites ffs

Still in theatres where I am so that spells the obvious but I do hope you get to watch it in theatres despite the time constraint. A film to catch on the big screen.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Did parasite win because it was the best film or did it win to keep people like freeza happy we will never know.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:30 pm

Unique wrote:Did parasite win because it was the best film or did it win to keep people like freeza happy we will never know.

One of the two best films of the year.

Critics consensus best film. Movie fans (Letterboxd) has it as the consensus best film. It’s on pace to become the best selling movie of all time at the cinema I work at (previous record holder is The Square).

It’s hard to find a more beloved film win. And yes it’s political. The film is only good because it delivers its politics in a great and inventive way.

And also, you could actually try watching the film before giving your shitty thoughts about the subject. That’s the least you could do.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:Did parasite win because it was the best film or did it win to keep people like freeza happy we will never know.

One of the two best films of the year.

Critics consensus best film. Movie fans (Letterboxd) has it as the consensus best film. It’s on pace to become the best selling movie of all time at the cinema I work at (previous record holder is The Square).

It’s hard to find a more beloved film win. And yes it’s political. The film is only good because it delivers its politics in a great and inventive way.

And also, you could actually try watching the film before giving your shitty thoughts about the subject. That’s the least you could do.
how do you know I ain't seen it and I just think it's rubbish.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Because you have to be able to read
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:22 pm

Pre-conceived thoughts on a film usually will spoil how you see the film with a certain film in your mind already spoiling it for you Unique. My favourite experiences with films were not my favourite films but as mentioned, favourite experiences and those came with no expectations or any filter and thus creates some of the finest nights.

Then again I am picky how I watch a film to which includes seating, lighting (very meticulously) and usually prefer it alone.

Give it a go though and let us know what you think if not already. I know I will.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:38 pm

Fastly losing my faith in Letterboxd as well if they believe Parasite is the best film of all time like they do. It is becoming its own "elitist" film club as well with most recent users that have joined since 2015 being SJW sheep followers of whichever agenda they feel suits them.

I've seen many better takes on capitalism where the artist actually makes his position clear on it and so many other better foreign films.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:47 pm

El Gunner wrote:Fastly losing my faith in Letterboxd as well if they believe Parasite is the best film of all time like they do. It is becoming its own "elitist" film club as well with most recent users that have joined since 2015 being SJW sheep followers of whichever agenda they feel suits them.

I've seen many better takes on capitalism where the artist actually makes his position clear on it and so many other better foreign films.

Pretty elitist comment this one actually.

Also SJW because what? They like movies that focus on what they value?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:48 pm

Hell Snowpiercer, a previous film of Bong Joon-ho, delivers better commentary on class dynamics, alas it doesn't have the stylish technicality and comedic writing of Parasite. But i suppose Parasite just found itself in the right time and place in film history to cater to the average modern day cinegeek who hasn't listened to a hint of conscious hip hop, or haven't read any Marxist inspired tales across different mediums or enough on general economic structures in their life thus they were so blown away by it, and hence its critical success.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Fastly losing my faith in Letterboxd as well if they believe Parasite is the best film of all time like they do. It is becoming its own "elitist" film club as well with most recent users that have joined since 2015 being SJW sheep followers of whichever agenda they feel suits them.

Pretty elitist comment this one actually.

Also SJW because what? They like movies that focus on what they value?

Negative, i prefer critical analysis of art, and preference towards one's own subjective likings and not following the crowd.

Do you really believe Parasite is even close to being a top 10 film of all time, let alone the best of all time as per Letterboxd?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Freeza wrote:Because you have to be able to read
wow you watched a movie with subtitles. Save some pussy for the rest of us mate.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:34 pm

I will have to suffer the Intense boredom of watching some random film from South Korea just so I can satisfy my own mind that it was indeed a better film than the Irishman what was a great film made by some of the greatest film makers in history because I would hate to think parasite got the awards over the Irishman because they don't want to be called racist. If I think it's a better film than the Irishman I will hold my hands up and admit it. So we will see.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:34 pm

Unique wrote:
wow you watched a movie with subtitles. Save some pussy for the rest of us mate.

Why would I want pussy?

That means less time for movies
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:38 pm

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:

Why would I want pussy?

That means less time for movies
don't knock it until you've tried it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:25 am

Unique wrote:because I would hate to think parasite got the awards over the Irishman because they don't want to be called racist. If I think it's a better film than the Irishman I will hold my hands up and admit it. So we will see.

Not really sure about the Academy being pressured to choose diversity over quality for fear of being branded racists (though I wouldn't rule it out), but I really didn't like the Irishman. The movie was very long, and even though it was directed by Scorsese himself, it felt as though it was desperately trying to cling to the last glints of the dying gangster movies without being good enough to stand among the classics of the genre.

Of course I didn't see Parasite so I can't really say whether their win is deserved or not, but I kinda get why The Irishman didn't win.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:29 am

You are racist if you force that feeling or thinking down your thoughts. If you can't comprehend something without bringing race, you are the problem. Political correctness is a made up word by racists. It is your explanation of not being able to fathom someone else doing something and winning it.

We are all Humans, if you have a logic to your thought that a movie wins Oscars since they touched on another race, you are a waste of space in this modern era.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:51 am

Nishankly wrote:You are racist if you force that feeling or thinking down your thoughts. If you can't comprehend something without bringing race, you are the problem. Political correctness is a made up word by racists. It is your explanation of not being able to fathom someone else doing something and winning it.

We are all Humans, if you have a logic to your thought that a movie wins Oscars since they touched on another race, you are a waste of space in this modern era.
are you talking about people saying the awards are racist if they are won by white people or are you saying it's racist to even think that parasite might have won so they can say we picked this film to win to prove we are not racist.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:59 am

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:You are racist if you force that feeling or thinking down your thoughts. If you can't comprehend something without bringing race, you are the problem. Political correctness is a made up word by racists. It is your explanation of not being able to fathom someone else doing something and winning it.

are you talking about people saying the awards are racist if they are won by white people or are you saying it's racist to even think that parasite might have won so they can say we picked this film to win to prove we are not racist.

What's this defense? Why do people think its only White people who are only racist? rofl

No man, first its not a competition and second you don't need to defend yourself unless you have feelings here which really shouldn't be important in the grand scheme of things.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:11 am

Right. I don't want this discussion in this topic. Take it to the racism thread.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:29 am

Thumbs up
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:39 am

RealGunner wrote:Right. I don't want this discussion in this topic. Take it to the racism thread.

Literally every thread on here is a racism thread at this point.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 43 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29 ... 43  Next