Women's General Football Discussion

+14
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
Jay29
Cruijf
Young Kaz
rincon
M99
Thimmy
Robespierre
Lex
Nishankly
McLewis
RealGunner
Kick
18 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick January 20th 2020, 21:47

McLewis wrote:Banger. What a thump that was. Excellent technique.

Watched Roma go up 2-0 over a strong Milan side, only to implode in the 2nd half and lose 3-2.

Great game overall though.


Sounds like a great game, tbh :bow:

Kick
Admin
Admin

Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Thimmy January 20th 2020, 22:08

McLewis wrote:Bit of transfer news:



Signed her until the end of the season. Apparently, she was burned out at Juve, returned to Sweden and is now ready to return to Serie A. Solid addition for our backline.


Looks like Ada Hegerberg’s sister plays for Roma, as well cheers

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 12120
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Nishankly January 29th 2020, 18:24



Not even surprised, as more Indians choose Sports over irrelevant further education we'd keep moving.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis January 29th 2020, 21:07

Thimmy wrote:
McLewis wrote:Bit of transfer news:



Signed her until the end of the season. Apparently, she was burned out at Juve, returned to Sweden and is now ready to return to Serie A. Solid addition for our backline.


Looks like Ada Hegerberg’s sister plays for Roma, as well cheers



Andrine has been fantastic for the Giallorosse. She's been one of the key players in the midfield along with Greggi, Threstrup, and Andressa.

I truly believe Ada will play for Roma at some point in her career.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick January 29th 2020, 22:02

Nishankly wrote:

Not even surprised, as more Indians choose Sports over irrelevant further education we'd keep moving.


Great news! :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis January 30th 2020, 00:08

Devi's CV is very impressive. Her record for India is ridiculous. Sounds like Rangers have found an excellent 10.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick February 3rd 2020, 01:35

Huge day in the WSL, Chelsea win 8 0 over West Ham and Man City beat reigning champs Arsenal.

City are top, 1 point ahead of Chelsea (who have a game in hand) and three ahead of Arsenal.

It's heating up at the top!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis February 4th 2020, 17:54

Damn, that's a good race there. How many of those goals did Kerr score?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick February 4th 2020, 21:59

Kerr is currently away with Australia.

She's only got one goal so far, but has been influential when she has played.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis February 4th 2020, 23:19

Ahh for the Olympics, right?

She's going to tear the WSL up. I can feel it.

Other news and it's very bad news....Ada Hegerberg tore her ACL. As a supporter of a club that has seen nearly 20 of these in 5 years, I feel awful for her.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick February 4th 2020, 23:22

McLewis wrote:Ahh for the Olympics, right?

She's going to tear the WSL up. I can feel it.

Other news and it's very bad news....Ada Hegerberg tore her ACL. As a supporter of a club that has seen nearly 20 of these in 5 years, I feel awful for her.



Yeah, Olympic qualifiers.

She will, once she settles, and I am ready for it.

ACL's are the worst, I hope she has a speedy recovery!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis February 4th 2020, 23:25

Just Christen Press doing Christen Press stuff

https://streamable.com/acmq0

Crystal Dunn is my favorite USWNT player, but Press is a very close second. Had the pleasure of seeing her live for both USA and Chicago, with my daughter, when she played there. One of the most technically gifted players in the women's game.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick February 4th 2020, 23:30

Lovely goal!

Lavelle was the player who impressed me the most at the WC for the USWNT.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick March 6th 2020, 04:44

McLewis wrote:Just Christen Press doing Christen Press stuff

https://streamable.com/acmq0

Crystal Dunn is my favorite USWNT player, but Press is a very close second. Had the pleasure of seeing her live for both USA and Chicago, with my daughter, when she played there. One of the most technically gifted players in the women's game.


She scored an absolute screamer against England today :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis March 6th 2020, 15:02

She sure did.



Amazing curve on the ball there. There are few players in the women's game that can do that with such consistency. The casualness of her technique is as good as the actual hit itself too.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis April 20th 2020, 16:09

So Utah Royals of NWSL just signed French star keeper Sarah Bouhaddi and German star Dzsenifer Maroszan from Lyon.

Major coup for the Royals. I really hope the NWSL survives this pandemic. It's been a treat to watch.

Source: https://www.sltrib.com/sports/rsl/2020/04/19/utah-royals-acquire-sarah/
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick April 21st 2020, 00:12

Thats a huge signing!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis May 3rd 2020, 03:11



A hammer blow honestly. The fight goes on though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis May 3rd 2020, 03:14

An interesting reaction from Presidential Candidate Joe Biden:

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by M99 May 3rd 2020, 11:32

McLewis wrote:

A hammer blow honestly. The fight goes on though.


Is it true that the mens team still brings in more revenue? I'd be shocked by that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30237
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 99

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis May 3rd 2020, 12:37

Not anymore it isn't. The Women out earned them for the 2015-2019 cycle. By about $2000 or thereabouts.

The judge basically ruled that although the women outearned the men in total compensation, the women gave up their opportunity to truly level the playing field when they selected a collective bargaining agreement that guaranteed salaries of 100k/per year for 20 squad members along with various perks such as guaranteed paid maternity leave. The 100K salary alone is higher than many of the men's team players though they make more overall from playing with their clubs (even in MLS).

It essentially came down to the fact that the judge didn't think the WNT had enough of a paper trail to prove that they were making decidedly less than the men solely through their work with national team.

With the men on a downward swing, and not looking anywhere near close to qualifying for the next WC, and the women still on top of the world, there's every chance they will keep outearning the men over this next cycle.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by rincon May 3rd 2020, 13:36

Read a couple of articles on this. Really dont see the point. As far as I could tell the women team was offered the same contract as the men. They declined and negotiated for something better, they got that. Time passes and they earned more than the men. They think they should earn more and now sue to go back retroactively to the type of agreement they were offered in the first place?

What's the deal here? How is this an issue of "equal pay"? Not that "equal pay" even makes sense in sports.

Dont see how the courts are wrong here.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16120
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Young Kaz May 3rd 2020, 14:52

McLewis wrote:Not anymore it isn't. The Women out earned them for the 2015-2019 cycle. By about $2000 or thereabouts.

The judge basically ruled that although the women outearned the men in total compensation, the women gave up their opportunity to truly level the playing field when they selected a collective bargaining agreement that guaranteed salaries of 100k/per year for 20 squad members along with various perks such as guaranteed paid maternity leave. The 100K salary alone is higher than many of the men's team players though they make more overall from playing with their clubs (even in MLS).

It essentially came down to the fact that the judge didn't think the WNT had enough of a paper trail to prove that they were making decidedly less than the men solely through their work with national team.

With the men on a downward swing, and not looking anywhere near close to qualifying for the next WC, and the women still on top of the world, there's every chance they will keep outearning the men over this next cycle.


There is literally 0% chance we dont qualify for 2022.

CONCACAF is a region where currently there are 4-ish spots for a region with 2 good teams at any given point in time. We dont have to beat Costa Rica. We Dont have to Beat Mexico. Hell, if we want to be honest we dont even have to beat fucking honduras. We just need to make sure we dont lose against the likes of Panama and Trinidad and Tobago. Thats the crux of it for 22, and we have learned the lesson. No chance we dont qualify

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1558
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Cruijf May 4th 2020, 05:49

Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:Not anymore it isn't. The Women out earned them for the 2015-2019 cycle. By about $2000 or thereabouts.

The judge basically ruled that although the women outearned the men in total compensation, the women gave up their opportunity to truly level the playing field when they selected a collective bargaining agreement that guaranteed salaries of 100k/per year for 20 squad members along with various perks such as guaranteed paid maternity leave. The 100K salary alone is higher than many of the men's team players though they make more overall from playing with their clubs (even in MLS).

It essentially came down to the fact that the judge didn't think the WNT had enough of a paper trail to prove that they were making decidedly less than the men solely through their work with national team.

With the men on a downward swing, and not looking anywhere near close to qualifying for the next WC, and the women still on top of the world, there's every chance they will keep outearning the men over this next cycle.


There is literally 0% chance we dont qualify for 2022.

CONCACAF is a region where currently there are 4-ish spots for a region with 2 good teams at any given point in time. We dont have to beat Costa Rica. We Dont have to Beat Mexico. Hell, if we want to be honest we dont even have to beat fucking honduras. We just need to make sure we dont lose against the likes of Panama and Trinidad and Tobago. Thats the crux of it for 22, and we have learned the lesson. No chance we dont qualify


You remind me of the Barca fans who were sure they wouldn’t choke against Liverpool because “we learned our lesson against Roma” Laughing

There’s every chance the US fails to qualify again imo.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3790
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis May 4th 2020, 14:54

Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:Not anymore it isn't. The Women out earned them for the 2015-2019 cycle. By about $2000 or thereabouts.

The judge basically ruled that although the women outearned the men in total compensation, the women gave up their opportunity to truly level the playing field when they selected a collective bargaining agreement that guaranteed salaries of 100k/per year for 20 squad members along with various perks such as guaranteed paid maternity leave. The 100K salary alone is higher than many of the men's team players though they make more overall from playing with their clubs (even in MLS).

It essentially came down to the fact that the judge didn't think the WNT had enough of a paper trail to prove that they were making decidedly less than the men solely through their work with national team.

With the men on a downward swing, and not looking anywhere near close to qualifying for the next WC, and the women still on top of the world, there's every chance they will keep outearning the men over this next cycle.


There is literally 0% chance we dont qualify for 2022.

CONCACAF is a region where currently there are 4-ish spots for a region with 2 good teams at any given point in time. We dont have to beat Costa Rica. We Dont have to Beat Mexico. Hell, if we want to be honest we dont even have to beat fucking honduras. We just need to make sure we dont lose against the likes of Panama and Trinidad and Tobago. Thats the crux of it for 22, and we have learned the lesson. No chance we dont qualify


I wish I could believe that. It's easy to say that we need to be sure we don't lose to the minnows, but where is the evidence that won't happen again? I'm honestly not seeing it with any of these groups of MNT players. They looked as lethargic as ever in their last couple of friendlies.

I don't want to turn this thread into a MNT thread as this is about women's football, but I'll say this: There is absolutely every chance we won't qualify for the next WC. That benefits the WNT greatly, it should be said. That's unfortunate as both NTs are full of great people.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12847
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick June 26th 2020, 02:07

Australia and New Zealand are going to host the 2023 World Cup.

I. AM.PUMPED!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum