McLewis
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump Sack Watch - Page 35 Empty Re: Donald Trump Sack Watch

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:08 pm

Freeza wrote:
Pedram wrote:He won't be reelected, not after this shitshow.

The funniest thing to me is the democrats who say "vote him out" like he's actually gonna voluntarily leave if he loses.

Again, I really have to disagree with this.

Trump should be out of office now for his actions, in my opinion, and he's certainly stretched the limits to what he can do on multiple occasions.

With that being said, even during the height of the Coronavirus, he deferred to others in his office and he deferred to governors and senators. I think we should watch this space, but even now, he's not going to overrule (unconstitutionally) governors and senators and sent military into states who haven't authorized it. That would be dictatorial action, but he won't.

I'm not being an apologist for Trump here when referring to the ways that he has abused his office. However, it's pretty clear to me that Trump is institutionally under control even despite what is, right now (when you combine civil unrest with coronavirus), the height of what you could call the 2020 American crisis.

By November things will have died down a bit from where we are now. I don't have any reservations about Trump willingly leaving. And I think if he didn't, he would be kicked out in an utterly embarrassing fashion.

What I do think is scary is what BC said. Four more years of a Trump who feels that the country has approved of his actions and given him a mandate to act the way he has for four more years, or perhaps even less restrained

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:14 pm

M99 wrote:50 million people voted for him last time. Is he losing supporters with his actions? Thats what I keep wondering. Skeptical about it tbh. I really don't see people who did not like Hilary for being representative of the establishment being thrilled with Joe Biden.

Sexism and likeability are different with Joe than Hillary. That alone probably accounts for the magical 80,000 votes that decided the 2016 election.

However, even besides that, you have to consider the environment and voter enthusiasm. Dem enthusiasm was high in 2018 and I can't imagine it's any lower right now. As well as that, the environment has certainly shifted in favor of Dems. The ground Trump lost with older voters shouldn't be understated, the economy isn't good, and the nation is on fire. Usually, moderates are going to vote for a change when the circumstances are such.

His base is still strong, but moderates and swing voters are still a big group, and I think the environment is a much better one for a Dem, even if it's Joe Biden, than for Trump right now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:09 pm

I have no real faith in polls these days, but every single one of them has had Biden in a healthy lead ahead of Trump. I'm hearing that these protests (And the rioting and looting that are disrupting them) benefits Trump, but calling the military on his own citizens, tear-gassing lawful protesters for a photo-opp and just plain old hiding from responsibility during a pandemic where 100K people have died over 3 months directly due his inaction are a lot more damaging to his re-election chances. All to save the lifeblood of his re-election: The economy. And he couldn't do that either.

This is not 2016. Those conditions are not there. He won because Obama-voting centrist Democrats in key battleground states swung to him along with milennials and black voters not turning out in the expected numbers. This gave her the popular vote, but was not enough in several battleground states for the electoral college vote.

Trump is underwater in polls in each of those battleground states that were crucial to him winning.

I am not 100% sure Biden will beat Trump, but I don't feel like we're going to see a repeat of 2016. Far too much has happened to change the political landscape since then. Much of that has occurred over the last 6 months.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:24 pm

It's entirely possible that by October most Coronavirus layoffs and furloughs will be back to work, the US will be hiring millions per week and things will be "looking up" at last. Not sure how that would play into Trump's chances.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:54 pm

Trump is toast.
There's no way he wins reelection, only question is how much he and his fellow fascists in various state legislatives and governor mansions can fuck up the election process, and how much unrest will he stir up tweeting about fraud when, say, people need to wait a day or two for mail ballot results
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:21 pm

I have no faith that this corrupt system will let us vote him out.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Trump is toast.
There's no way he wins reelection, only question is how much he and his fellow fascists in various state legislatives and governor mansions can fuck up the election process, and how much unrest will he stir up tweeting about fraud when, say, people need to wait a day or two for mail ballot results

This is the most likely situation, in my opinion. Can't see a situation where he doesn't voluntarily leave, but he will absolutely try and fuck things up if he is on the way out by claiming it was rigged etc and getting people riled up
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:22 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's entirely possible that by October most Coronavirus layoffs and furloughs will be back to work, the US will be hiring millions per week and things will be "looking up" at last. Not sure how that would play into Trump's chances.

Trump's a moron, but he's absurdly good at taking credit for shit he had nothing to do with that just so happens to benefit everyone. If the economy rebounds by November, he will. Take credit for it, run ads about how he led us out of the crisis, and just tie his name to everything positive about the economy.....and that just might work. Because the average American voter has a very short attention span and are inherently selfish. If they feel things are going right for them again, they are going to support the person they perceive to have created that uptick in prosperity. Trump will try hard to tie his name to that.

Realtically speaking, I doubt the above happens. I expect a 2nd wave of the virus in the fall and that's going to keep the economy anemic well into November. It sucks for us, but that benefits Biden.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:55 am

It still feels to early to project what the virus will do.

I can't imagine for the life of me that we still won't have a really high unemployment by November though. Sure, maybe it shrinks to 10%. But 10% is A LOT. I'm not sure that can be spun in a way that's positive.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:38 pm

Not just Trump all the current leaders are going to face the heat of unemployment by 2021.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:34 pm

https://9gag.com/gag/aAew3oo
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:47 pm

That's more in line with the Babs I know!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:45 pm

SS rofl bit coincidental innit

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:18 am

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-lincoln-did-good-black-community-end-result-questionable-2020-6?utm_source=reddit.com

"So I think I've done more for the Black community than any other president, and let's take a pass on Abraham Lincoln because he did good, although it's always questionable, you know, in other words, the end result —" Trump said before Faulkner interjected.

"Well, we are free, Mr. President, so I think he did pretty well," she said, referring to Lincoln.

lmao
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:27 pm

"We are free," Trump said. "You understand what I mean."

"Yeah, I get it," Faulkner said.

What? You get it? What does he actually mean?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Great trolling Laughing sadly he is serious
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Donald Trump Sack Watch - Page 35 A0Nj98O_460swp
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:38 pm

Trump privately said that he doesnt care about the protests because these "are not his voters".

Ladies and gents, this may be the first accurate thing he has uttered since the very beginning

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Warrior wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Great trolling Laughing sadly he is serious

i think he is an amazing performance artist. Never breaks character. Unbelievable troll Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Myesyats wrote:Trump privately said that he doesnt care about the protests because these "are not his voters".

Ladies and gents, this may be the first accurate thing he has uttered since the very beginning

Falls in the "Even a broken clock is right once a day" folder for me.

He better hope these folks do not come out in numbers in November. Even with the clusterfuck that was the Georgia Primary, 1 million people turned out and voted. In Georgia. That's not a regular occurrence.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:41 am

With all of Biden's gaffes and everything, what people really shouldn't underestimate is, he is likable.
Like, he's borderline demented. Clearly a career politician, not gonna bring much change. Has lost the plot on every other interview he's done recently.
But when he manages to string two sentences together, Biden has a kind of charisma that Hillary Clinton only dreamt of. This will be a different election.
Something in my gut tells me Trump will still be re-elected, simply because it would be so unbelievably stupid that it just has to happen, and TBH even if he loses the popular vote again, the idiotic electoral college system might gift him a second term.

But there is a good chance of this going the other way than last time.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:42 am

#Trumpisnotwell trending on twitter. There was a clip where he tried to drink water from a glass, but couldn't lift his arm high enough and had to help with his left hand. Yikes.

Stupid to have two such old candidates.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:55 am

As long as Biden condemns Nazi rallies, he's good in my books. Trump has lowered the bar THIS low.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:13 am

It seems both bull shit candidates Laughing two senile perverts whose vision of the world was molded in 1960s
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:57 pm

I have no doubts that Biden has the votes to win. The issue is will they go to vote and will they be allowed to vote!

And if Trump does win again, I expect the US will have another civil war!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:18 pm

On policy and politics alone, I even would've been fine with Biden over several other candidates. He actually is a pretty decent choice.
The age worries me, as his gaffes become more numerous I'm afraid he's getting demented or something.
And there might yet be something to the whole perv thing, not sure yet if he's just a weirdo and his main accuser is unhinged, or if she's 100% telling the truth and he's a sinister pervert.
Either way, if you just look at the politics, Biden is a decent choice. Multilateralist, decent track record with minorities, a bona fide expert on foreign policy. Would do the country some good.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next