40 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump Sack Watch - Page 22 Empty Re: Donald Trump Sack Watch

Post by Unique Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:31

Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:

You're either really dumb or purposefully blind to not get his point.
what I see is a couple of Germans that are disgusted that a bunch of stupid Americans as they like to call them voted for trump when it had absolutely no effect on the life they have in Germany. It's like they are upset that Americans fucked them over by voting for a president that helps them. It's like a personal insult to them that trump is president.

Well maybe he's not selfish enough to ignore all of Trump's deeds just because they don't effect him personally, like for example his Muslim ban, or bombing a hospital full off civilians in Yemen, you know i'm just scratching the surface here, he's done plenty of bad things to people worldwide.
I'm pretty sure he did not order the bombing of a hospital mate. And Muslims being put on a no fly list is down to the actions of other Muslims not trump.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:38

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

I'm a citizen of the world, my friend
so in other words absolutely nothing changed for you either. Thumbs up

there's loads of different levels to this, from the fact the German political climate is heavily influenced by what happens in the US (we'd been occupied by them for 40 years, basically) to the fact that I'm also interested in things happening that don't directly affect my situation.

but, just for example, climate change doesn't stop at borders, and the major power and economy of the western world actively sabotaging any effort to save our ecosystem before it reaches a potentially catastrophic tipping point is of urgent interest to me.

and then, the German situation has changed, there's a right wing extremist party on the rise which is funded by Steve Bannon for example, and which is openly supported by Trump's Ambassador to Germany Grenell (who also supports Neonazis in Austria) and god knows what sections of US services.

Bannon's Cambridge Analytica has made Brexit possible, which does affect me as a couple of good friends as well as a cousin of of mine lives in London

Trump is propping up Erdogan, allowing Turkish invasion of Syria, helping ISIS to rise again, all of which leads to more refugees having to flee and coming into Europe and Germany, ..

etc pp

my rent hasn't changed due to Trump (it has changed due to what he embodies though), and neither have my wages, but I am interested and invested in what happens in US politics anyway, have been before Trump too
but trump is not the cuase of any of that and he is not the salution to any of it. The things you pointed out were happening before trump came along and will continue long after he's gone. At the end of the day nothing really changes in the world that's why I only care about my little patch of earth tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:40

Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:

You're either really dumb or purposefully blind to not get his point.
what I see is a couple of Germans that are disgusted that a bunch of stupid Americans as they like to call them voted for trump when it had absolutely no effect on the life they have in Germany. It's like they are upset that Americans fucked them over by voting for a president that helps them. It's like a personal insult to them that trump is president.

Well maybe he's not selfish enough to ignore all of Trump's deeds just because they don't effect him personally, like for example his Muslim ban, or bombing a hospital full off civilians in Yemen, you know i'm just scratching the surface here, he's done plenty of bad things to people worldwide.

Still a significantly lower kill-count than Barack and GW Wink

@Unique, I actually think GL has being more nauced now and we have people actually admitting that Trump has a great chance of re-election and such and it's not as much of an echo-chamber it was a few years ago (though we need Tom and Lex to post more)....I remember I was mocked endlesslly when I said he has great chance of winning back in late 2015 and 2016.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:47

Freeza wrote:Describing ‘American mindset’ as some kind of monolith is also plenty oblivious. It’s an enormous country with a lot of different cultures. I too know a fair amount of Americans, none of them are alike, but everyone despised Trump. Still don’t see how that’s relevant in a general discussion about the election, since evidence like that is nothing more than a strawman.

Also regarding being Iranian. How to do you still choose to support Trump? I find his actions pretty terrible to attack Iran, whose regime definitely are terrible themselves, and then sucking up to one of the biggest evils in Saudi Arabia.

Also @Unique. Please offer something to a discussion. You literally never make any effort in posting coherent posts that have any resemblance of an actual argument.

I have never claimed myself to be a savant. But if you’re referencing the movie thread I actually do have degree in film and with a minor in representation in media. But what do I know.

Iran's regime is every bit as evil as Saudi Arabia's...no more point beating around the bush.

I don't know if you can read Farsi, but what they are doing to families of dead people in the Ukrainian plane and November protests is absolutely mind-blowing.

Funnily, the Iranians I know in States who voted H in 2016 and now are saying (at this moment) they want to vote T in 2020, they say Trump's Iran policy is a main driver. They think if Dems come to power, they come and empower the regime again with some sort od deal, whereas Trump will continue to suck the economic oxygen out and with frequency of public protests increasing lately, in addition to regime's PR propaganda failing, and increasing public anger (after shooting down a civilian airliner and killing 1500 people in 3 days - CoronaVirus is yet to kill that many people in almost a month!!-)...there is more chance of eventual organic fall of the regime.

I am also in touch with my friends from Iran from high school about 15 years ago, and I'd say about 70% of them are pro-Trump, mostly because of their disdain for Democrats and especially Pelosi...but I understand they may not be representative as I always more people who are very anti-IR.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 6 Feb 2020 - 23:00

Unique wrote: but trump is not the cuase of any of that and he is not the salution to any of it. The things you pointed out were happening before trump came along and will continue long after he's gone. At the end of the day nothing really changes in the world that's why I only care about my little patch of earth tbh.

That's true but he still affects all of it rather strongly and negatively in my humble opinion, and he stands for basically all that I detest, and that's why I have a strong opinion against him.
As for the last sentence, I can understand the sentiment but it's just not valid for me. It's too narrow-minded a worldview for me, literally.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 1:23

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote: but trump is not the cuase of any of that and he is not the salution to any of it. The things you pointed out were happening before trump came along and will continue long after he's gone. At the end of the day nothing really changes in the world that's why I only care about my little patch of earth tbh.

That's true but he still affects all of it rather strongly and negatively in my humble opinion, and he stands for basically all that I detest, and that's why I have a strong opinion against him.
As for the last sentence, I can understand the sentiment but it's just not valid for me. It's too narrow-minded a worldview for me, literally.
fair enough I take your point. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 20:56

Zagadka wrote:
Freeza wrote:Describing ‘American mindset’ as some kind of monolith is also plenty oblivious. It’s an enormous country with a lot of different cultures. I too know a fair amount of Americans, none of them are alike, but everyone despised Trump. Still don’t see how that’s relevant in a general discussion about the election, since evidence like that is nothing more than a strawman.

Also regarding being Iranian. How to do you still choose to support Trump? I find his actions pretty terrible to attack Iran, whose regime definitely are terrible themselves, and then sucking up to one of the biggest evils in Saudi Arabia.

Also @Unique. Please offer something to a discussion. You literally never make any effort in posting coherent posts that have any resemblance of an actual argument.

I have never claimed myself to be a savant. But if you’re referencing the movie thread I actually do have degree in film and with a minor in representation in media. But what do I know.

Funnily, the Iranians I know in States who voted H in 2016 and now are saying (at this moment) they want to vote T in 2020, they say Trump's Iran policy is a main driver. They think if Dems come to power, they come and empower the regime again with some sort od deal, whereas Trump will continue to suck the economic oxygen out and with frequency of public protests increasing lately, in addition to regime's PR propaganda failing, and increasing public anger (after shooting down a civilian airliner and killing 1500 people in 3 days - CoronaVirus is yet to kill that many people in almost a month!!-)...there is more chance of eventual organic fall of the regime.

What is the origin of this thinking? The Obama Admin's nuclear deal?

I'm always wary of single-issue voters. They have significant tunnel vision and that does more harm than good.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 21:02

cant believe i have not asked this question before but did any of you american guys on the forum vote for trump when he won the presidency
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 7 Feb 2020 - 23:46

I didn't. I also didn't vote for Hillary either though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 0:22

I voted for Hillary, but came out of it feeling less than happy. It was what I thought needed to be done though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 2:57

Blue wrote:@McLewis

But this though

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/476990-how-nancy-pelosi-enables-trumps-reelection

Come on man this is theatre, no one is going to out Trump at his own game. He is the master at discourse and reality tv. This is his game.

As the article points out where is the actual objection to Trumps on policy, in fact she has supported Trumps agenda.

Nancy Pelosi is as much of a cancer to American politics as Trump, corrupt and indefensible.

I mean sure, Pelosi is as moderate a Democrat as it comes. She's practically a DINO on some topics.

Personally, I think what she did at the SOTU will divide among ideologies. Liberals will say she dunked on Trump. Conservatives will say she was disrespectful. Moderates will say her actions were just unnecessary.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 2:59

CBarca wrote:I voted for Hillary, but came out of it feeling less than happy. It was what I thought needed to be done though.

As soon as it became clear to me that he was taking the Electoral College route, my vote essentially ceased to matter. That's why I ended up voting for Johnson. It was a vote of protest, I suppose.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat 8 Feb 2020 - 4:14

McLewis wrote:
CBarca wrote:I voted for Hillary, but came out of it feeling less than happy. It was what I thought needed to be done though.

As soon as it became clear to me that he was taking the Electoral College route, my vote essentially ceased to matter. That's why I ended up voting for Johnson. It was a vote of protest, I suppose.

What does a black person get out of the libertarian party?

I mean, I can understand a white person in the south who feels slighted by the federal government stopping him from marrying his first cousin, or making his son go to school with minorities like us....but I dont see any appeal for libertarianism by minorities. In fact if they had their way the black and latino middle classes in DC and California would be decimated with the eradication of government agencies and the jobs that go with them.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 9 Feb 2020 - 21:01

McLewis wrote:

Can you expand here, McLewis?

You live in MI. Your vote matters more than 90% of the nation, especially when going the "electoral college" route.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 13:38

Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:

What does a black person get out of the libertarian party?

I mean, I can understand a white person in the south who feels slighted by the federal government stopping him from marrying his first cousin, or making his son go to school with minorities like us....but I dont see any appeal for libertarianism by minorities. In fact if they had their way the black and latino middle classes in DC and California would be decimated with the eradication of government agencies and the jobs that go with them.

Well I'm definitely not Libertarian. I voted Johnson purely out of protest as soon as I realized Trump just might win this going through the EC, despite Hillary winning the popular vote. To answer your question though, the Libertarian party offers black people about the same thing the Republican Party does: nothing.

Frankly, I probably should've just wrote in Francesco Totti.

CBarca wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Can you expand here, McLewis?

You live in MI. Your vote matters more than 90% of the nation, especially when going the "electoral college" route.

It comes down to a county-by-county breakdown. I voted 3rd party in a county that Hillary was never in danger of losing to Trump in. One of the few actually as it turned out, as it is minutes away from Detroit. So my vote really didn't matter all that much. I now live in one of the counties that went for Trump. Had I lived here in 2016, I would've likely voted differently. I won't be living in this particular county come November however. I'll be moving back to the same one where I voted in 2016. This time, I'll won't be voting 3rd party, regardless of what happens. It'll be straight-ticket Democrat.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 21:57

I'm pretty sure what county you're in doesn't matter in a presidential election. Whoever wins the plurality of votes statewide wins all the electors for that state. The only exceptions are Maine and Nebraska.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 10 Feb 2020 - 22:39

In any other election, you would be correct. That's what makes 2016 so unique. The margins were razor thin to the point where counties actually did matter for once.

Trump won my state by mere thousands of votes, meaning it literally came down to those same razor thin margins in counties like Macomb, which went for Obama twice and then went to Trump in '16. That same scenario played out in Wisconsin, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

So you're right in general. 2016 was just the exception to that rule.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 19:59

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:29

He just doesn't give a fuck about anything

amazing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:52

I don't think he realised who that actually is Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:53

Hapless_Hans wrote:He just doesn't give a fuck about anything

amazing
trump has the best or worst case ( depending on how you look at it )  of narcissism ive ever seen. he has levels i can only dream of Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:56

RealGunner wrote:I don't think he realised who that actually is Laughing

Seems to me that it doesn't matter whether he did or not, and whether he understood the joke as a joke or not, as he doesn't give a fuck about being mindful of anything whatsoever.

The joke is ALWAYS on us
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:57

Dude really is posting an anti-Trump vid on his own account rofl

He’s so fucking oblivious
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 20:59

Unique wrote:

amazing
trump has the best or worst case ( depending on how you look at it )  of narcissism ive ever seen. he has levels i can only dream of Laughing Laughing

Yep. Nothing can bother him. Everything he does, or is connected too, will always be the best and greatest ever, no matter what it is, and whether great or good is even a meaningful category to describe it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 21:04

It's basically a superpower.

He is like a superhero

Marvel should make a movie about this
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue 11 Feb 2020 - 21:06

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Unique wrote:

amazing

Yep. Nothing can bother him. Everything he does, or is connected too, will always be the best and greatest ever, no matter what it is, and whether great or good is even a meaningful category to describe it.
its good for him because without it he would never have got to where he is now. not so good for people that dont like him. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next