Donald Trump watch

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Zagadka on Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:03 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:


No more questions, that surely is better than every professional poll that says otherwise lmao.

I have no doubts Trump will lose this time, and then it's straight to jail.


roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

man, I love Europeans!! you guys just operate on a whole different level <3 ....you down to put your moneh where you mouth is, sir? ...200 EUROS bet....you in Herr Hans ?


Which nationality are you this week?


I am always Iranian.....but I have a shit load of American friends and family members...you know, having lived there for a couple of years myself Smile

but it's so easy to spot Europeans who have very little idea about the American mindset and political priorities hamvatane aziz

Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 602
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique on Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:15 pm

@Zagadka wrote:
@Freeza wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:


roflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflroflrofl

man, I love Europeans!! you guys just operate on a whole different level <3 ....you down to put your moneh where you mouth is, sir? ...200 EUROS bet....you in Herr Hans ?


Which nationality are you this week?


I am always Iranian.....but I have a shit load of American friends and family members...you know, having lived there for a couple of years myself Smile

but it's so easy to spot Europeans who have very little idea about the American mindset and political priorities hamvatane aziz
dude you are talking to freeza now. when it comes to race religion and politics this guy is a savant :bow:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Myesyats on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:11 pm

@Zagadka wrote:
I am always Iranian.....but I have a shit load of American friends and family members...you know, having lived there for a couple of years myself Smile

but it's so easy to spot Europeans who have very little idea about the American mindset and political priorities hamvatane aziz

Hmmmm so which side will you be taking in the Iran-USA war? hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 13281
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 78

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Freeza on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:13 pm

Describing ‘American mindset’ as some kind of monolith is also plenty oblivious. It’s an enormous country with a lot of different cultures. I too know a fair amount of Americans, none of them are alike, but everyone despised Trump. Still don’t see how that’s relevant in a general discussion about the election, since evidence like that is nothing more than a strawman.

Also regarding being Iranian. How to do you still choose to support Trump? I find his actions pretty terrible to attack Iran, whose regime definitely are terrible themselves, and then sucking up to one of the biggest evils in Saudi Arabia.

Also @Unique. Please offer something to a discussion. You literally never make any effort in posting coherent posts that have any resemblance of an actual argument.

I have never claimed myself to be a savant. But if you’re referencing the movie thread I actually do have degree in film and with a minor in representation in media. But what do I know.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 22704
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:14 pm

The problem with thinking Trump will easily win re-election is that I don't think he's done enough (yet) to win over Independents. Despite that SOTU and the Impeachment, he's still underwater with Independents, polling at 42% according to the latest Gallup Poll taken a couple days ago.

Personally, I think he'll find re-election much tougher than he or his supporters think.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12082
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique on Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:59 pm

@Freeza wrote:Describing ‘American mindset’ as some kind of monolith is also plenty oblivious. It’s an enormous country with a lot of different cultures. I too know a fair amount of Americans, none of them are alike, but everyone despised Trump. Still don’t see how that’s relevant in a general discussion about the election, since evidence like that is nothing more than a strawman.

Also regarding being Iranian. How to do you still choose to support Trump? I find his actions pretty terrible to attack Iran, whose regime definitely are terrible themselves, and then sucking up to one of the biggest evils in Saudi Arabia.

Also @Unique. Please offer something to a discussion. You literally never make any effort in posting coherent posts that have any resemblance of an actual argument.

I have never claimed myself to be a savant. But if you’re referencing the movie thread I actually do have degree in film and with a minor in representation in media. But what do I know.
the problem with you in debates like politics religion and racism is you judge everybody and everything how you see it and how said things affect you. its clear to see that you are a educated man and read and study these topics but the mistake you make is you dont take into account how these things affect other people. like you call me a racist and a bigot for my opinions on islam ( and other religions but mostly islam ) and imigration but you look at how you feel about both and how both of them effect you so you just assume that i should look at them things like you do ( you have no problem with them so i should have no problem with them ) me and you are worlds apart in how life is for both of us. you know far more than me when it comes to these topics i understand that but when it comes to these topics in my life i know far more than you. the thing is when i make a post on these topics i only make them from what i see where i live and what i see in my life you on the other hand think everyone should think like you because the gripes we have you dont have. also what you think is most important in life might not be what i think is most important in life. you need to learn that mate. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by CBarca on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:03 pm

A lot of people think this is a slam dunk for Trump because of the economy. There are also a lot of people who find his reelection inconceivable.

Neither of these are true and polls show it. I think he'll have a difficult time but he has a good chance of winning.

At the end of the day, like I said in the other thread, it's about what people in WI, MI, PA, OH, NH, and FL think. And I think it's tight in those states right now.

If it were a popular vote he would be dead in the water, but that's not what happens
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18968
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Freeza on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:04 pm

I don’t thinks it’s possible for any democrat to ever lose the popular vote again tbh.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs
Posts : 22704
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by CBarca on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 pm

@Zagadka wrote:Trump will absolutely cruise to a second term, barring an economic collapse.

Events of the 2020 could not have gone more perfectly for him...and Democrats are masters of scoring own goals and making miscalculated moves.

Every Trump voter from 2016 I know is voting for him again, and I personally know at least 20 friends and relatives who vote Hillary or didn't vote in 2016 but intend to vote Trump in November.

Still, 9 months to go before elections though...first Russia, then Ukraine...maybe Pelosi can attempt another impeachment over Belarus or Moldova this time?


You know 20 people who voted for Hillary who now intend to vote for Trump?

I mean, you can say what you like, but I'm calling BS on that.

Obama --> Trump I could buy.

There are very few "Hillary ---> Trump" voters. You do not know 20 of them personally.

Unless most of the "20" you're referring to didn't vote in 2016. Which means they probably had strong feelings of warmth towards Trump in the first place. That I find hard to buy but it's not outlandish
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 18968
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Zagadka on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:25 am

@CBarca wrote:
@Zagadka wrote:Trump will absolutely cruise to a second term, barring an economic collapse.

Events of the 2020 could not have gone more perfectly for him...and Democrats are masters of scoring own goals and making miscalculated moves.

Every Trump voter from 2016 I know is voting for him again, and I personally know at least 20 friends and relatives who vote Hillary or didn't vote in 2016 but intend to vote Trump in November.

Still, 9 months to go before elections though...first Russia, then Ukraine...maybe Pelosi can attempt another impeachment over Belarus or Moldova this time?


You know 20 people who voted for Hillary who now intend to vote for Trump?

I mean, you can say what you like, but I'm calling BS on that.

Obama --> Trump I could buy.

There are very few "Hillary ---> Trump" voters. You do not know 20 of them personally.

Unless most of the "20" you're referring to didn't vote in 2016. Which means they probably had strong feelings of warmth towards Trump in the first place. That I find hard to buy but it's not outlandish


80% of Americans I know are Texans but most have strong democrat tendencies. You know DFW district is almost now Democrat majority. So they voted for H in 2016. Hell I even have a super republican cousin who’s voted R since Regean days, yet he voted H in 2016 because he was very anti-Trump.

It’s not hard to see why such votes would flip. A fair number of #NeverTrump republicans who didn’t vote or voted H in 2016 would switch. A fair number of those who didn’t vote but now know trump isn’t exactly Hitler II, would find it more likely to vote for him too.

The election in no way should be a slam dunk for Trump as you said, but democrats with their sheer incompetency and own goals are sure steering it that way. Still a long time to go and more twists to come.

For example, Pelosi stunt to tear up SOTU speech may cheer up hardcore dems and progressives (most likely was advised to do it by some millennial staffer for viral video), but it’s very bad optics and look among independents who plays a huge role in the final election outcome.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 602
Join date : 2018-03-20

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by VivaStPauli on Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:18 am

@CBarca wrote:A lot of people think this is a slam dunk for Trump because of the economy. There are also a lot of people who find his reelection inconceivable.

Neither of these are true and polls show it. I think he'll have a difficult time but he has a good chance of winning.

At the end of the day, like I said in the other thread, it's about what people in WI, MI, PA, OH, NH, and FL think. And I think it's tight in those states right now.

If it were a popular vote he would be dead in the water, but that's not what happens


I think it's a slam dunk for Trump because Democrats suck at messaging. Republicans are masters at spinning everything. There is not a single sane reason to elect Trump, the man is an imbecile, an obvious fraud, who should've been arrested for his real estate scams alone, not even talking about fucking Trump University, or the countless sexual assaults.
But Republicans are just better at bringing their message across. They've gotten Americans to vote against their own self interest since Reagan. They've done nothing but take from the poor and give to the rich for about 80 years now, yet they win time and time again, because they run on contrarian arguments, and embellished hyperbole.
No Republican ever has to beat the Democrat's candidate, they always just run against a straw-man version of their opponent, so of course they often win.

Shit like universal health care, increased social security, paid maternity (and paternity) leave, employee's rights, reproductive rights etc ALL poll with 60%+ approval (most of them actually well over 65%), all of them are Democrat core issues, but still Democrats always fucking lose because they just don't get how framing issues works.

Trump is a shit deal, even for his base, probably even especially for his base, since the Democrat's base tends to be well-educated academics, who really don't lose too much by social security being defunded.
He'll be re-elected.
Because Republicans have their shit together, campaign-wise.
Even though their stance on climate change and the abundance of foreign policy hawks in the party basically makes them the most globalized terror organization in the world. By now they're basically the American Taliban.

So: four more years it is.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8546
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Pedram on Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:04 am

https://preview.redd.it/pku78odv54f41.gif?width=204&format=mp4&s=e6333f3b6ee7c7635814ddfa91bf79617a3a7291

Pelosi testing whatever she can rip up the papers, this is just pathetic.

I swear everything this woman does is political theater meant for grabbing headlines and cheap applause from brain deads.

This is the state of the establishment Democrats and you wonder why everyone is so sure Trump will be reelected.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6300
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by McLewis on Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 am

She took a page out of Trump's book honestly.

He has consolidated power at the top by dominating all major news networks with his antics, sucking oxygen out of every room he's in.

Pelosi simply turned that tactic against him. Like I said, there is not a single politician who can rile him up quite like she can. And she often does it with very small actions.  The smaller the act, the more it pisses him off.

The Democrats don't have the the political power to oppose Trump so acts of defiance like this keep their base energized. It would've been far worse for their morale had she done absolutely nothing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12082
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:14 pm

Trump has more life's than a cat Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Blue on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:28 pm

@McLewis

But this though

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/476990-how-nancy-pelosi-enables-trumps-reelection

Come on man this is theatre, no one is going to out Trump at his own game. He is the master at discourse and reality tv. This is his game.

As the article points out where is the actual objection to Trumps on policy, in fact she has supported Trumps agenda.

Nancy Pelosi is as much of a cancer to American politics as Trump, corrupt and indefensible.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2770
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by VivaStPauli on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:43 pm

He isn't the "master at discourse", he just realized, like many politicians, that the average voter is shit at discourse, and unlike many others he'd rather stoop to a lower level than elevate others to a higher one, which is why his dumbass messaging works. Doesn't mean it's not dumbass.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8546
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Let's not forget Trump got like 5 millions less votes when he got elected, and the Democrats are alerted now, if these fucking morons weren't before, to the susceptible areas of the electoral college map, like Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.

Sanders wouldn't lose Michigan and Wisconsin, for example, just as Biden 100% wouldn't lose Pennsylvania, and likely not Virginia either

Trump is not going to get reeelected, I have at least THAT much faith in the relative sanity of the American people (the bar is as low as it's going to get tbh).

And I'm confident I will be right, and I won't entertain another notion until election day. No need to spoil more of my life time than necessary ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 31262
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:02 pm

Hans how has your life changed since trump took over from Obama. Like literally how much better was your life when Obama was president because my life here in England did not change one little bit I'm just wondering how bad things got for German people when America voted for trump.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:04 pm

@Unique wrote:Hans how has your life changed since trump took over from Obama. Like literally how much better was your life when Obama was president because my life here in England did not change one little bit I'm just wondering how bad things got for German people when America voted for trump.


I'm a citizen of the world, my friend
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 31262
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:11 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:Hans how has your life changed since trump took over from Obama. Like literally how much better was your life when Obama was president because my life here in England did not change one little bit I'm just wondering how bad things got for German people when America voted for trump.


I'm a citizen of the world, my friend
so in other words absolutely nothing changed for you either. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Pedram on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:48 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:Hans how has your life changed since trump took over from Obama. Like literally how much better was your life when Obama was president because my life here in England did not change one little bit I'm just wondering how bad things got for German people when America voted for trump.


I'm a citizen of the world, my friend
so in other words absolutely nothing changed for you either. Thumbs up


You're either really dumb or purposefully blind to not get his point.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6300
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:58 pm

@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:

I'm a citizen of the world, my friend
so in other words absolutely nothing changed for you either. Thumbs up


You're either really dumb or purposefully blind to not get his point.
what I see is a couple of Germans that are disgusted that a bunch of stupid Americans as they like to call them voted for trump when it had absolutely no effect on the life they have in Germany. It's like they are upset that Americans fucked them over by voting for a president that helps them. It's like a personal insult to them that trump is president.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Pedram on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:07 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote: so in other words absolutely nothing changed for you either. Thumbs up


You're either really dumb or purposefully blind to not get his point.
what I see is a couple of Germans that are disgusted that a bunch of stupid Americans as they like to call them voted for trump when it had absolutely no effect on the life they have in Germany. It's like they are upset that Americans fucked them over by voting for a president that helps them. It's like a personal insult to them that trump is president.


Well maybe he's not selfish enough to ignore all of Trump's deeds just because they don't effect him personally, like for example his Muslim ban, or bombing a hospital full off civilians in Yemen, you know i'm just scratching the surface here, he's done plenty of bad things to people worldwide.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6300
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Hapless_Hans on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:12 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:Hans how has your life changed since trump took over from Obama. Like literally how much better was your life when Obama was president because my life here in England did not change one little bit I'm just wondering how bad things got for German people when America voted for trump.


I'm a citizen of the world, my friend
so in other words absolutely nothing changed for you either. Thumbs up


there's loads of different levels to this, from the fact the German political climate is heavily influenced by what happens in the US (we'd been occupied by them for 40 years, basically) to the fact that I'm also interested in things happening that don't directly affect my situation.

but, just for example, climate change doesn't stop at borders, and the major power and economy of the western world actively sabotaging any effort to save our ecosystem before it reaches a potentially catastrophic tipping point is of urgent interest to me.

and then, the German situation has changed, there's a right wing extremist party on the rise which is funded by Steve Bannon for example, and which is openly supported by Trump's Ambassador to Germany Grenell (who also supports Neonazis in Austria) and god knows what sections of US services.

Bannon's Cambridge Analytica has made Brexit possible, which does affect me as a couple of good friends as well as a cousin of of mine lives in London

Trump is propping up Erdogan, allowing Turkish invasion of Syria, helping ISIS to rise again, all of which leads to more refugees having to flee and coming into Europe and Germany, ..

etc pp

my rent hasn't changed due to Trump (it has changed due to what he embodies though), and neither have my wages, but I am interested and invested in what happens in US politics anyway, have been before Trump too
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 31262
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Blue on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:14 pm

@viva that was basically my point, that Trump can get lower and dumber than everyone else.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 2770
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Unique on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:31 pm

@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Pedram wrote:


You're either really dumb or purposefully blind to not get his point.
what I see is a couple of Germans that are disgusted that a bunch of stupid Americans as they like to call them voted for trump when it had absolutely no effect on the life they have in Germany. It's like they are upset that Americans fucked them over by voting for a president that helps them. It's like a personal insult to them that trump is president.


Well maybe he's not selfish enough to ignore all of Trump's deeds just because they don't effect him personally, like for example his Muslim ban, or bombing a hospital full off civilians in Yemen, you know i'm just scratching the surface here, he's done plenty of bad things to people worldwide.
I'm pretty sure he did not order the bombing of a hospital mate. And Muslims being put on a no fly list is down to the actions of other Muslims not trump.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18138
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 46

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 21 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum