Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Jealous as fuck

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Edu Camavinga wonderboy - Page 3 Empty Re: Edu Camavinga wonderboy

Post by farfan Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Poor form for the (very high) expectations that people had of him guys. He wasn't bad by any stretch and was still the best teenage midfielder in the league.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:48 pm

farfan wrote:Poor form for the (very high) expectations that people had of him guys. He wasn't bad by any stretch and was still the best teenage midfielder in the league.

Good to know. He's also very young so there's still plenty of time for him to hone his skills.

My only fear is that he doesn't get enough playing time to develop. Both Madrid and Carlo aren't exactly known for being development powerhouses.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon May 09, 2022 10:35 am

What's Madrid fans verdict on him?

I think he's very talented, but the one thing that bothers me is that he's incredibly one footed. I don't think I've ever seen him control the ball with his right foot. Even the way he receives the ball is kind of awkward. He'd rather roll his left foot over the ball instead of opening up his body and controlling it with his right foot first. His orientation when receiving the ball sucks.

That's why I'm not sure if he'll actually be a sole DM. He doesn't open up his body and he's really one footed so his passing angles suck. I think his development would be aided a lot more with a detail obsessed coach who could change those parts of his game. It seems like Carlo's tried to compensate for that by playing him more to the right as the pitch will open up for him better that way (or it's because of Kroos).

For now I see him as a CM. Off the ball he seems great at winning 50/50s, he's combative, puts his foot in, good size and leap based on the headers I've seen him win, and has an amazing engine and dynamism. He's very mobile.

On the ball he's really interesting. He plays very fast. He looks to play two touches then spreads the play. However despite playing at a high tempo he does so in a very controlled manner. He's very good at switching the ball to the flanks. He can hold the ball under pressure then carry it forward well. He's quick at turning with the ball too. Given the way he strikes the ball I can see him becoming a shooting threat in the future too.

He has all the makings to be a great double pivot CM or a CM who plays behind the ball in a midfield 3. Honestly think he'd do bits playing as a CM for someone like Klopp.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 09, 2022 9:21 pm

He's 100% a CM, not a DM.

Kroos' replacement really. His long passes are a thing of beauty. Has all the skills... just needs seasoning. He just turned 19 in November.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 09, 2022 11:57 pm

Honestly, I love his progression at the moment and could see him breaking out in a big way when he his 21 or 22. Of course, sooner is better but you can tell he is still learning the game at this level.

Also, as Sports wrote, he is definitely not a DM and I hope he doesn't get the Kovacic treatment where we try to shoe horn him as one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:22 pm

Camavinga - 30m

Camavinho- 100m plus 30m in agent fees

Camderson- 150m plus micah Richard's and carragher making comparisons to frank lampard and Gerrard

Cam Van Inga - 180m and Manchester United top target

Cami - 200m plus golden boy and barca new number 10
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:43 pm

Laughing :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:48 pm

French hype >>> Dutch hype tbh

True otherwise Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:49 pm

So is he a midfielder or a LB?

Anyway it's not hard to look good against Raphinha/Ferran, they cant beat anyone 1v1

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:04 pm

His future is definitely in midfield. Left back is a huge stop on his potential. But he's been fantastic all season playing there and stepped up when we needed that in our LB position.

I just hope the club does not hope he's our future LB. He's much better at midfield. But considering that our only LB is consistently injured and inconsistent, and Perez refuses to sign decent backups in crucial positions, he had to play LB.

I'll give credit to Deschamps here. We all called him out for playing Cama at LB in the world cup and called him a moron, but he obviously saw something none of us did. In the end he had a hunch and was right about it.

Fran will be here next season so I hope that he will be playing LB when our starting LB is out. Whoever that might be.

I think Cama might get exposed if he played the elites. Raphinha and Ferran are decent are not world class by any means. Cama should be playing LB in the CL so we will see if he can hold it down against top tier opposition.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:49 pm

Real keep getting these top transfers right, Rodrygo, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Rudiger... lucky Mbappe arent there n hope it stays that way otherwise we got no chance at all for the next decade against them Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:03 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Real keep getting these top transfers right, Rodrygo, Tchouameni, Camavinga, Rudiger... lucky Mbappe arent there n hope it stays that way otherwise we got no chance at all for the next decade against them Razz

Well for once, we can agree with you. That’s what you get with corrupt management that literally bankrupted your club. And let’s not loose sight of the greedy superstar Messi whose annual salary demands basically blackmailed the corrupt management to pay him far more than club income, let alone no money really available for the other players. And yet you lot going on and on with what a great player he is, ignoring the fact that he is a greedy selfish prick!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:30 am

Rich mans Drenthe tbh
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite