zenmaster
alexjanosik
Myesyats
22 posters

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread 19/20 - Page 12 Empty Re: Match Day Thread 19/20

Post by alexjanosik Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:10 am

3 at back was interesting. Would have preferred Semedo in that right sides CB role who stayed back. Semedo is far better defensively than Roberto.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 am

Yes Dany, I'm not saying Quique is the chosen one but improvement was evident, we only allowed one or two shots on goal which hasn't been the norm. The passing was quicker, sharper and the players were well positioned.

We are screwed for the rest of the season without a CF but I actually enjoyed last nights game for once.

For gods sake, Valverde once said in an interview that he doesnt put much emphasis on physical preparation. I mean, this says it all

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:58 am

alexjanosik wrote:3 at back was interesting. Would have preferred Semedo in that right sides CB role who stayed back. Semedo is far better defensively than Roberto.
Was it 3 at the back though?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:29 am

danyjr wrote:I don't think there could have been a player less compatible with Barça than Griezmann. Absolute waste of money and talent.

I hope somebody is keeping count of how many times he has hit the side netting :facepalm: We can't go on like this if only Messi is capable of scoring

I hope the midfield against Valencia is Puig-Busquets-FDJ.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:42 am

Theres no chance to win CL without a striker
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Im really surprised that there is a huge difference already to our play in the first game, so credit to the new manager and the players. I read they did extra training sessions and trained everyday of the week or so? Certainly we look much more fit and hunger. Positional we were better as mentioned above.

Players wise, I think ppl need to realise if they dont already is youngsters like Fati/Perez/Puig wont be ready to step up yet, they just wont. For a game or two every now and than sure, but not gonna hope for the rest of the season, and definitely not against the top opponents. Grizemann is amazing but he clearly lacks who Suarez brings to the box and goal scoring in that sense. We gonna be missing goals, and everyone will need to work harder to score, especially Messi which he is already and its great to watch him in this game, he was godly.

Rakitic just seems to have lost it nowadays, so hopefully Arthur can step up together with Vidal.

Yes no more Roberto pls, why do we STILL have him at RB Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:57 pm

As the players walked out of the dressing room, Pique screamed "At least cancel the training session!" or "We've canceled training sessions for less!", the translation is hazy.

Seriously Pique is pathetic.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:04 pm

3 games. Thats all it took for us to go back to resembling Valverde's team. If someone was completely cut off from the internet and all news for the past month and saw our team again; they wouldnt know that Velverde was gone and Setien was in. Same boring one dimensional 4-4-2 with the midfield getting stretched all over the place and even scrubs dominating us. It never was and is a coaching issue. It is a player problem. Get rid of certain players and the team can play well again. Insist with the same and you are going to get served the same trash even if we line up with Pep or Klopp in the dugout.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:04 pm

the hell line up is this guy playing?

i didn't catch the match, but according the what I saw online it was this...

-------Grease--Messi
-----------Vidal
-DJong-Busquets-Sergi

was that right? why not just play a 4-3-3 with Fati on the left? I feel this formation is going for more control than it is creativity and scoring prowess
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:05 pm

Extremely poor team selection by Setién. Imagine playing in a stadium where Barcelona have historically struggled and fielding Junior freaking Firpo at LB. He was terrible in attack, in defence, in the build up. Props to Lenglet for putting up with him cause he made his life hard all night with his terrible back passes.

Griezmann, it was clear he wasn't a fit for Barcelona, and €120 million and half a season later all our presumptions are confirmed. When you don't 'fit in' a team, your confidence goes down. He can't even do the normal things any more. Mispass after mispass. Awful waste of a player.

Sergi Roberto needs to play the pass faster, otherwise he played a tidy game full of energy.

Lenglet was immense, I would have given him MotM had it not been for his continuous fouling.

Vidal is another player who doesn't fit in with this team. I'm not sure how Pep used him at Bayern but he is definitely not suited for this style of playing. For all his energy and tackling, his ball playing and control is bad.

Finally Messi, 3 assists, should have had a couple of goals had it not been for some wondrous saves by Joel Robles. Should have had a penalty in the end too which the referee disgustingly waved off. It pisses me off when referees are part of the problem of diving. Had Messi dived it would have 100% been a penalty, but he stayed on his feet et voilà.

All in all however, this was one of the best matches I've watched from Barça in the last few months, if not a year. The return of style is in the works, and it will be a slow process with lots of hurdles. I don't expect Barcelona to win anything this season but it was expected in the summer.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:07 pm

We got absolutely smashed until they tired. Nothing else to take away from this game.

You can rely on Busquets goals and Lenglet headers only for so much.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:11 pm

windkick wrote:the hell line up is this guy playing?

i didn't catch the match, but according the what I saw online it was this...

-------Grease--Messi
-----------Vidal
-DJong-Busquets-Sergi

was that right? why not just play a 4-3-3 with Fati on the left? I feel this formation is going for more control than it is creativity and scoring prowess
Correct formation.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Well what can I add, Roberto at RW again LOL? I mean it just goes to show we dont deserve anything, to still have ROBERTO trying to create chance from the right and its 2020 ffs! I think 9/10 he did a back pass when he got the ball in that area. Im starting to hate the poor kid tbh. I just cant take it anymore, sorry. Summer at the latest we need to find a solution to this problem otherwise I dont know what... we would become eternally behind Real thats for sure.

Firpo is just backup material at best, he cost freakin 24M was it? There was an incident Messi ran across and signaled him to pass to him and he instead passed to the teammate on his left. That incident showed he has no future or no hope of ever replacing Alba.

Vidal showed again this game why he doesnt start for us, his technique ball control and passing is just not Barca style. He is useful in certain games and situations but he loses the ball way too much and does it basically every game.

Umtiti and Lenglet u would think should have a good partnership considering both French internationals, but they dont look that. Hopefully they can develop that otherwise we will need to sign someone to replace Pique soon. Umtiti especially still are prone to mistakes.

There were positives, really esecially enjoying how good De Jong is, at this rate he could become an all rounder like De Bruyne that would be awesome Very Happy But the team has so many problems its pretty painful to watch them getting pwned by opponents every game.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:03 am

With Dembele out 6 months, we are allowed to sign a La Liga player or a free agent even thought the transfer window is shut.

Apparently we are looking for a backup type striker, like Willian Jose, Angel from Getafe or Loren from Betis. I kind of wish they would look for a winger instead tbh. Greaseman basically played as a striker for Atleti and Messi can also play that role. If anything i'd rather have Messi in the center since he doesn't play defense or hug the lines thus he doesnt help spread the defense. Plus I don't see how those guys were linked with are honestly going to help the team any.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:51 am

Loren moron or Angel probably if anyone. They dont want to spend more than 10 million before summer and Willian Jose would cost up to 40

At this point just give a chance to some striker from the B team. Loren moron isnt any better anyway lol

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Myesyats wrote:At this point just give a chance to some striker from the B team.
Agreed. Should have kept Carles Pérez tbh.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:16 pm

Perez is a winger tbh and he occupies Messi's space. There must be some CFs in the b team or juvenil a

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:59 pm

The board hired a company to clean up Bartomeu's image and to harm the images of former players, and rivals. [cadena ser]

Victor Font: "The board of directors of Barça should resign immediately and provide explanations for the informations, because this is a big issue."

Agusti Benedito has confirmed that he will file a lawsuit against Bartomeu.

A company hired by Barça is publishing news to attack people like Messi, Piqué, Xavi, Laporta. [sport]

sounds like a big scandal

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:36 pm

lol

You should write this season off I think.

Having said that I'm loving Setiénball. A true return to Barcelona's old roots.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:46 pm

Getting dominated by freaking Eibar at home. Playing the majority of the game in our own half with Mats struggling to find a passing option. We have seen this crap for years.
It's gotten to the point where Mendilibar says that a certain player in our team would rest more on the ground than if he was in the stands. And the sad part is this is actually true. This player in our team runs not more than 5 yards in each game and is the root cause of why we get dominated by scrubs even at home.
Coaches have known about this for years and have exploited it ruthlessly but probably the first time a coach has called it out. Great props to Mendilibar :bow:
First Abidal and now Mendilibar :bow:

Last edited by alexjanosik on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:53 pm

Poor Valverde. Said all along the coach was not the reason for the garbage football. And no 4th goal against a scrub and the idiots who are chanting his name after said meaningless 4th goal will change that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:22 pm

What an idiot. There is a CL game after 3 days, team saved their energy. I cant believe how this guy is desperate about messi. There was way worse games than this, but he doesnt post anything. As soon as Messi makes headlines he comes and posts hate comments
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Alex, u have gotta stop I agree. Pls, about Messi... try to comment on other things about the team perhaps?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:14 am

I support Barcelona. Unlike a lot of our post 2009 fanbase which supports Messi first and then Barcelona.
Said fanbase might be happy with the garbage that we have been playing for the past few years as long as Messi scores. Not me. Watch the game again or any game over the past few years. Same freaking thing every game. Most of the game played on the backfoot in our own half. Useless possession in our own half with Mats passing the ball to and fro to our CB's.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:17 am

Kebab wrote:What an idiot. There is a CL game after 3 days, team saved their energy. I cant believe how this guy is desperate about messi. There was way worse games than this, but he doesnt post anything. As soon as Messi makes headlines he comes and posts hate comments

Team has played once a week for months now. Well rested. And is this sort of sick joke that only you understand? Do you really believe that we are going to get breathtaking attacking football against Napoli because we were supposedly resting against Eibar. Well if you do, you are in for a rude awakening. Its going to be the same boring one dimensional football with us on the backfoot 90% of the time and the game being played almost entirely in our half.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:51 am

Blame the incompetent board you have for wasting millions upon millions on players who are either not suitable to play the style of football required or are just plain shit. Blame them for hiring incompetent beta coaches you've been hiring for as long as I remember.

Blame them, not the guy who literally won you title after title, sometimes on his own.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next