zenmaster
alexjanosik
Myesyats
22 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Match Day Thread 19/20 - Page 5 Empty Re: Match Day Thread 19/20

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:48 pm

Yea that you go, Perez doesnt know to pass, all his knows is to shoot or cross, our three points gone there ffs. These players dont belong in the Barca first team squad ffs.

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:50 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Fati apart from the goal has not done anything, he looks like a B team player... why is he even in the squad?
That's what he is, he's a 16 year old from the B squad, and he scored an unbelievable goal
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 pm

Lol now that freekick straight out of bounds, wtf? rofl
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:55 pm

Mixed game from Perez. At fault for the first goal. Great play in between. And then missed a sure chance to score or assist towards the end. He is young so will learn. Can be a decent squad player for us.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:56 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Perez ball watching on the goal :facepalm:
I hate when our forwards put in half assed effort on defense. You just cant do it in the modern game. The game has changed too much. All players have to defend for 90 mins.
Agreed. Not just that incident but generally didn't get involved well defensively and when he did he did it 'half assed' as you put it. If I were Valverde I would have a proper go at him after the match.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:57 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Yea that you go, Perez doesnt know to pass, all his knows is to shoot or cross, our three points gone there ffs. These players dont belong in the Barca first team squad ffs.

He has been a bright spark. It's his second start for the first team and he has been reasonably good. Cut him some slack. I blame him for the first goal but the miss towards the end. Happens and we should not criticize when he is young and playing his first games.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:59 pm

danyjr wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:Perez ball watching on the goal :facepalm:
I hate when our forwards put in half assed effort on defense. You just cant do it in the modern game. The game has changed too much. All players have to defend for 90 mins.
Agreed. Not just that incident but generally didn't get involved well defensively and when he did he did it 'half assed' as you put it. If I were Valverde I would have a proper go at him after the match.

Well, it's a culture with us. Every other team, forwards consider it a part of their job to defend. A player doesnt defend, then he is out. Here, the mentality seems to be that defending for forwards is an afterthought. The mentality for a forward is that he will pick and choose when to defend and they expect to be praised when they do and not criticized when they dont. Ofcourse, starts with Messi.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:01 pm

Super mad at the refereeing. 2 clear penalties not allowed (not even a VAR check) and a half one for the Perez block. Non existent foul when we were on a break towards the end which led to their goal. I feel we were robbed of a win.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:17 pm

Pique was not very good. He has not had a very strong start to the season. I would give him the benefit of the doubt since he had an immense season last year. Semedo also looked poor and was rightfully taken off at the break.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 pm

Fair enough about Perez and the defending... there is clearly something missing still from us. Honestly, Ive been more pessimistic for a long time now, and now its really time to be that I think Razz

Even when Messi is back and whether we get Neymar or not, I just dont expect too much from Valverde. I really believe now its up to the players themselves more how much they wanna win this season and show it. Atm, it is clearly not enough. We wont win anything unless when we get our stars back and we really hit consistent form.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:34 am

Carlez Perez missing our only clear cut chance in the game doesn’t bother me nearly as much as the fact it was our only clear cut chance of the game
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:43 pm

Disappointed that Valverde continues to play Busquets. I was super happy when he went with FDJ, Alena and Roberto first game. One setback and he reverts to type. Matter of time before Rakitic also comes back.
It should be FDJ DM, Roberto and Alena CM with Arthur and Vidal other options based on opposition. Dumb and Dumber can rest in their homes.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:21 pm

Messi looking fairly slim

Match Day Thread 19/20 - Page 5 70397295_10158133316314305_3140184584495300608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQl7iGzdXdhVAcIUzV6Yxc71zOmw3PW4E_z6-ZAj3FHH-ATxxwvq-X0nuhExaKnrUL4&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1

Hope Ansu starts against BVB tomorrow or at least gets some minutes
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:11 am

Ansu should definitely get some minutes before the seniors are all fully fit. He should go back to the B after that. He is still not 17 and we dont want another Munir or Bojan situation. On the other hand, we should not wait till he is 20-21. One season with the B and then either promotion if he is ready or loan to a smaller club.

While Ansu has stolen all the headlines, I have liked Perez's play as well. He is strong, athletic, has a canon of a shot and is confident. Definitely has the makings of a decent squad player.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:26 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Yea that you go, Perez doesnt know to pass, all his knows is to shoot or cross, our three points gone there ffs. These players dont belong in the Barca first team squad ffs.

He's actually never even played for the B team. He is an Infatil A player. Mind you he has as many goals this season in the first team as Griezeman and Suarez. The kid is clearly still developing and is only 16. I'm glad EV is finally giving some of the kids a run out.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:41 pm

Btw I wanted to ask.

In my opinion, we have only played 2 good halves of football all season so far. The 2nd half vs Betis and the first half vs Valencia. So what is this down to? Aging team? Individual players playing bad? EV not knowing how to make the team gel?

From what I see, I like the idea of FDJ and Arthur growing into that central midfield but they have yet to learn how to play together. Also we really need a Busq's cover. Its clear they bring off Busq's and they move FDJ to CDM but so far that's usually when things fall apart as the balance just isn't there. Firpo, the little I have seen of him has been pretty awful. Same with Semedo. Pique and Busqs are playing their age finally, which sucks because Umtiti is now forever injured so again we have no cover for the guys that need to be covered. Grizeman on the wing against Dortmund flat out looked out of place and nonthreatening from that role, but will continue to play there with Suarez healthy.  

All in all we spent a ton of money this window and they didn't really seem to spend it on the areas that actually needed to be reinforced. Griezeman as a LW isn't as deadly as Griezeman as a SS. We still need an actual 9 to rotate with Suarez (i guess Grizeman can do this for this season). We sold Malcom to use Carlez Perez from the B team and Fati from the Infatil A team, guys who might be able to fill in from time to time but really, we sold our fast experienced winger to rely on unfinished products. At RB we promoted Wague, who like Perez and Fati might not be reliable in big games for a few season and meanwhile Semedo has been awful. So in other words our right back position is even weaker than last season. At left back Alba has been in his 2nd leg Liverpool form, and now I am worried that with all the miles on his legs that this might now be his permanent form, and Firpo so far hasnt shown he is the guy to lead us forward so thats our left flank also weaker from last season. Our midfield is a mess, with no real balance and too many players fighting for 3 spots.  

All in all, its not the players fault if they are getting old. Its not the kids fault if they are given minutes and arent yet playing like finished products (though I am glad they are getting mins to help them develop,it just shouldn't be in an away game in the UCL). But it still is the clubs fault for not replacing EV after being humiliated year after year, failing to motivate the team and failing to make them play attractive football. its also the clubs fault for year after year, making nonsense transfers for 100s of millions of dollars that amount to nothing. We have been relying on the spine that PEP laid for us since 2009 and its now 2019. Thats pretty ridiculous, especially considering the amount of money spent on players since.

Usually going into a season I am pretty hopeful that we can win a title, perhaps a double, but this season for the first time in a long time do not believe we can, and that if we do win some things will be lucky.

To elaborate how bad this club is at transfers. These are the players we have brought in since the 15/16 season.

Players still here:
Lenglet
Arthur
Vidal
Dembele
Semedo
Umtiti

Players no longer here:
Malcom
Murilo
Boateng
Coutinho
Paulinho
Deulofeu
Mina
Marlon
Gomes
Paco
Digne
Cillessen
D. Suarez
Adra Turan
Aleix Vidal

That's a TON of spent on bad transfers. Not to mention, thats a ton spent on transfers of guys that stayed here that arent producing like Dembele, Semdo and Umtiti. Vidal is just taking mins away from Alena who hasnt even featured this season etc.

Over all I am glad this upcoming summer is the last summer of the current President. Right now I am just patiently waiting for the new elections
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:05 pm

Takes out Lenglet without getting the ball. No foul and they score. Bad calls against us continue. Ridiculous.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:25 pm

And Granada get fouls for nothing.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Firpo has been really poor. Lacks intensity and looks 50 out there.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Get Firpo out and substitute in Ansu moving Roberto left.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:37 pm

Dont think I have seen a player more out of his depth in a Barca shirt than Firpo. Guy looks utterly lost.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:41 pm

Didnt think it was possible to find a player who moves less than Messi in the modern game. Firpo takes the cake.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:42 pm

windkick wrote:Btw I wanted to ask.

In my opinion, we have only played 2 good halves of football all season so far. The 2nd half vs Betis and the first half vs Valencia. So what is this down to? Aging team? Individual players playing bad? EV not knowing how to make the team gel?

From what I see, I like the idea of FDJ and Arthur growing into that central midfield but they have yet to learn how to play together. Also we really need a Busq's cover. Its clear they bring off Busq's and they move FDJ to CDM but so far that's usually when things fall apart as the balance just isn't there. Firpo, the little I have seen of him has been pretty awful. Same with Semedo. Pique and Busqs are playing their age finally, which sucks because Umtiti is now forever injured so again we have no cover for the guys that need to be covered. Grizeman on the wing against Dortmund flat out looked out of place and nonthreatening from that role, but will continue to play there with Suarez healthy.  

All in all we spent a ton of money this window and they didn't really seem to spend it on the areas that actually needed to be reinforced. Griezeman as a LW isn't as deadly as Griezeman as a SS. We still need an actual 9 to rotate with Suarez (i guess Grizeman can do this for this season). We sold Malcom to use Carlez Perez from the B team and Fati from the Infatil A team, guys who might be able to fill in from time to time but really, we sold our fast experienced winger to rely on unfinished products. At RB we promoted Wague, who like Perez and Fati might not be reliable in big games for a few season and meanwhile Semedo has been awful. So in other words our right back position is even weaker than last season. At left back Alba has been in his 2nd leg Liverpool form, and now I am worried that with all the miles on his legs that this might now be his permanent form, and Firpo so far hasnt shown he is the guy to lead us forward so thats our left flank also weaker from last season. Our midfield is a mess, with no real balance and too many players fighting for 3 spots.  

All in all, its not the players fault if they are getting old. Its not the kids fault if they are given minutes and arent yet playing like finished products (though I am glad they are getting mins to help them develop,it just shouldn't be in an away game in the UCL). But it still is the clubs fault for not replacing EV after being humiliated year after year, failing to motivate the team and failing to make them play attractive football. its also the clubs fault for year after year, making nonsense transfers for 100s of millions of dollars that amount to nothing. We have been relying on the spine that PEP laid for us since 2009 and its now 2019. Thats pretty ridiculous, especially considering the amount of money spent on players since.

Usually going into a season I am pretty hopeful that we can win a title, perhaps a double, but this season for the first time in a long time do not believe we can, and that if we do win some things will be lucky.

To elaborate how bad this club is at transfers. These are the players we have brought in since the 15/16 season.

Players still here:
Lenglet
Arthur
Vidal
Dembele
Semedo
Umtiti

Players no longer here:
Malcom
Murilo
Boateng
Coutinho
Paulinho
Deulofeu
Mina
Marlon
Gomes
Paco
Digne
Cillessen
D. Suarez
Adra Turan
Aleix Vidal

That's a TON of spent on bad transfers. Not to mention, thats a ton spent on transfers of guys that stayed here that arent producing like Dembele, Semdo and Umtiti. Vidal is just taking mins away from Alena who hasnt even featured this season etc.

Over all I am glad this upcoming summer is the last summer of the current President. Right now I am just patiently waiting for the new elections
It all starts with the board. Without Messi they would have been gone long ago. This team is just Messi and tbh as an Argentine I feel sad that such a good player has been left alone with terrible players and coaches ever since Pep/Luis Enrique left. He could have won double the CLs he has won if he was in a better managed team. Imagine Messi in Manchester City or Liverpool. They would win CL year in year out. That's worse when you realise you've spent more than Liverpool and almost as much as City. To add to @windkick look at Klopp and Guardiola and see how many players world class players they have produced for their club compared to Barça. How did this board not sack Valverde after two CL disasters with a Copa final demise to follow it up? How does this team still have a sporting director after so many disastrous transfers, some of which the coach didn't even approve (Malcom comes to mind).

One thing I have to say I was a big critic of Semedo but I think he's not a bad player especially against low/medium teams. I think he has improved a lot since he joined Barça.

But Firpo? Who is this guy even? Who on earth thought he'd replace Alba? He was an average player at Betis and he'll be average for Barça. So far he's been way below average. The transfer is written Douglas all over it.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:46 pm

Get this clueless player out of the field. He is ball watching :facepalm:

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:47 pm

I am glad there is no la liga TV deal in my country or else I would have been morally obliged to watch this shit fest.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:06 pm

FDJ is a star. Guy just oozes star quality.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next