Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 28 of 44 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 36 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:35 pm

More news on outgoings:

- According to Paris Fans, PSG's initial offer for Bellerin was around €20m. Arsenal are asking for €39m.
- Romano has direct quotes from Napoli's president confirming negotiations for Sokratis. Napoli want Arsenal to terminate his contract like they did with Mkhitaryan.
- According Labaro Viola (no idea who they are, but I assume a Fiorentina fansite), Torreira will join Fiorentina on loan for a fee of €8m, followed by an obligatory €16m purchase.
- And according to Ruhr24, a decent news source for Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen also want Kolasinac and might even pay a transfer fee.
- Finally, Fol Balogun looks set to join a German club on a permanent deal. His departure was expected.

As it stands, we look set to make a loss on Torreira after just two years, but could make an unexpected profit on Kolasinac.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 28 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Eman Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:18 am

Jay29 wrote:
Wouldn't it just be easier to keep Bellerin? Or are we so desperate for cash that we're willing to create additional issues with our squad balance?

Saka can play LB/LWB. Hell I'd argue it's his best position. Depth in the forward positions has improved with Willian coming in and Smith Rowe returning from loan so we can drop Saka into defence when needed.

AMN has played midfield so rarely I can barely consider him cover there. In any case, the assumption is if Bellerin is sold, a midfielder will come in, giving us four options (Xhaka, Willock, Ceballos, new CM), plus Smith Rowe if we're playing a three-man midfield. If Guendouzi comes back into the squad that's six mids, to say nothing of the futures of Elneny and Torreira, who could well end up staying as well.

I see it as a net positive. Going from Bellerin to AMN isn't a massive step-down in quality, while at the same time we'd have vital funds to drastically improve our midfield.

Though I agree that Niles can play right back, he has thus far been more of a wing back than a classic RB who plays in a back 4. Bellerin is not quite world class but he is a valuable member of our team who keeps that position from being a problem. I would see losing him as a blow, even if we get a CM in his place and put Niles back there. I also think that Saka belongs in the front line for continued development and would prefer Niles to be the backup LB. I do see your point that it might still get us to a better overall spot if we lost Bellerin specifically to fund a CM, but I still feel it’s like trading one hole for another, slightly smaller hole in the squad. I’d be nervous if we actually went through with this strategy and hope that we can finance our moves some other way if possible.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:20 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Great news cheers

We’re a Partey and some contract renewals away from a pretty strong window imo. I like how we’re getting things done before the last second these days.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 pm

Attacking Midfielder+replacing Laca with mobile target man type CF more important than Partey
Would of course love to have Thomas Partey at Arsenal, but not counting on it
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:16 am

I can see why they might prioritise Partey at the moment. Strengthening the defence will give the team a better platform to attack. In particular, having Xhaka and Parety in the midfield could enable the full-backs to push up even higher, whereas at the moment they have to be more selective.

Also I quite like the idea of having two tough guys in the middle of the park.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:43 pm

Jay29 wrote: two tough guys in the middle of the park

:wub:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:50 pm

Vieira-Petit was one of our best pivots ever.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:31 pm

The transfer window has hit a brick wall recently. The latest:

INS
- Partey and Aouar seem to be the big targets but their respective price tags are really high and require us to raise funds through sales.
- Partey situation is unchanged. Release clause or nothing.
- Arsenal made an initial offer of Guendouzi + cash for Aouar but it was turned down. No new offers since, but Arteta loves him.
- Arsenal also want Brentford keeper David Raya, but Brentford insist he is absolutely not for sale.
- Alphonse Areola has been offered to us on loan.

OUTS
- Keeper talk is relevant because Villa have reportedly improved their offer for Martinez to £20m. Arsenal would obviously need to replace him.
- Sokratis is close to joining Napoli for free, just like how Mkhitaryan joined Roma. Even though Napoli are going to be selling Koulibaly for £70m at some point...
- Speaking of Italian clubs, Fiorentina have apparently pulled out of signing Torreira. Torino are now at the front of the queue. Arsenal want €30m. Torino have offered €24.
- Bellerin to PSG is still a possibility but Arsenal want a lot more than what PSG are currently offering.
- Lacazette leaving is also still a possibility, although there's no news.
- No takers for Guendouzi or Ozil.
- No updates on Kolasinac and Elneny.
- Holding was supposed to be going to Newcastle on loan but Arsenal have delayed it for some reason.
- Nothing on Mustafi.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Most Serie A clubs are broke lol. No one is going to offer 30m if not Milan/Inter. 24m + add ons to make it 30 should be good enough.

But if we let Torreira go and then loan Elneny we will have some serious shortage of midfielders. I wonder where Arteta plans to use ESR.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:37 pm

sell Leno and keep Martinez ffs

Leno is fine at Aston Villa
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:12 pm

lmao. Not a summer goes by where we are not linked with Draxler

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:18 pm

still hoping we can involve him in a swap for Partey

rumours out there that apparently we've made an improved bid of 50m for Aouar
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:40 am

I'd take Draxman for Doozy. hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:54 am

Athletic Madrid and Lyon asking 45 mil and 60 mil in this current market like it is peanut sum. When even financially strong clubs like Real, PSG, Bayer mulling over couple of millions, I have my doubt if Arsenal ever consider those number. Even if we manage to offload all of our assets, both unwanted and wanted, I see we at most will be able to get one in.

The club transfer policy during Covid is obviously player trade but if we can't manage to do those. I am ok with sending those surplus to requirement out on loan and hopefully by this time next year if everything is back to normal ( big if), we could sell players on non pandemic price.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:35 am

I doubt we will get one of those. Forget both. Pretty sure getting Ceballos back already puts 1 back in the midfield. If Torreira stays, think we will sign neither.
Doozeball and Elneny don't count, even if they end up staying, as things stand.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:41 pm

i think we'll at least get one :fingerscrossed:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:35 pm

It looks like Torreira has enough interest from Serie A clubs to be confident he'll be sold. Same with Martinez in Aston Villa's rumored £20m bid.

Still some interest in Guendouzi but not as concrete.

Sokratis, Elneny, Laca and Kolasinac as well, some of them have to be leaving.

There has to be enough to scrape together for one of Aouar or Partey if they're our top targets. Especially if Lyon budge on their asking price with no other interested clubs.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:37 pm

In this market we should make use of buy back and sell on clauses especially when we are selling players who might turn out to be good later on. Torriera can be sold to a lower price with a 20 or 30% sell on clause, so that we can re coup whatever we can. Lowering price and inserting these clauses might help get rid of the players who are not planned to be a part of 1st team. Sell martinez at 20m but insert a buy back clause in the deal. Similarly buy aouar and partey like we did with pepe. Half upfront rest in installments, clubs might accept given the dryness of the market due to the pandemic.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:22 pm

At the moment, the only player who seems close to leaving for actual money is Torreira. The latest in him is that Fiorentina have reportedly improved their offer to €30m (€10m loan fee + €20m obligation) and Torino may have made an even better offer than that.

Then there's Martinez to Villa for £20m, but this one seems dependent on Arsenal signing a replacement.

If both those deals go through, Arsenal should be able to buy one of Partey or Aouar. The only way they can get both this window is if Guendouzi and Lacazette are sold as well but right now it's very doubtful. Nobody has yet made a serious offer for Guendouzi and while Lacazette is apparently seeking clarification on his future, I've only seen Juventus show any interest and they're hardly paying out big fees currently.

Bellerin to PSG is dead now because they've signed Florenzi instead. PSG wanted Bellerin on loan. rofl Whether this affects Maitland-Niles we'll have to see but he seems to be staying at the moment.

Then you've got Sokratis to Napoli (should be done soon, I think?), Kolasinac back to Germany and Elneny to wherever but these aren't deals that are going to raise funds. They're just gonna free up wages. Useful for Auba's new contract but not so useful when you need to find a spare £50m from somewhere.

As for Aoaur, the latest is Arsenal are still in contact with his agent and really want him. Lyon want £54.5m and still think offers will come from the really big clubs. If they don't, they might consider lowering the price. Either way Arsenal need to sell first.

My guess at this point is that if one of Partey/Aouar join, it won't be until very late in the window because Arsenal firstly need to raise funds and then see if they can lower the asking price.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:34 pm

Juventus are going after Morata apparently, could push Atletico to make a bid for Lacazette since they have been interested before.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:57 pm

Linked with El Shaarawy and Rabiot today. Draxler yesterday.

Is Sebastian Frey still alive?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Atleti are skint though, unfortunately. They want Cavani on a free transfer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Jay29 wrote:
My guess at this point is that if one of Partey/Aouar join, it won't be until very late in the window because Arsenal firstly need to raise funds and then see if they can lower the asking price.

Between Partey and Aouar. If it comes to one of them, who do we need more?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Aouar.

We need more technical quality in midfield and the final third. Plus he's much younger and we might not get the chance to sign him if he has a great season at Lyon.

Partey adds power and can carry the ball through the thirds but his output isn't that impressive for his asking price/salary demand.

So sign Aouar while we have the chance, then look for a cheaper DM option later. We can make do with Xhaka.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:33 pm

^^i agree

Partey would be really nice to have don't get me wrong, but at best is a 40mil buy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 44 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 36 ... 44  Next