Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 13 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:47 pm

I see ESR going on loan (possibly to Germany again) with Martinelli getting minutes instead. There's John-Jules as well, who signed a new contract likely on the promise there'll be a pathway for him to the first team (there wasn't one for Amaechi, so he left).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:56 pm

Ceballos in Iwobi Role with Özil #10 Pepe Right and Auba top
-----Torreira--XHAKA
Pepe----Özil----Ceballos
--------Auba

good balance on paper
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:58 pm

35-40M too good to turn down but wish it was earlier in the window in we got someone else in dont want to rely on Nelson/Mkhi ffs

good luck too Iwobi
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:09 pm

Jay29 wrote:Way I see it, if now's not the time to give Nelson a chance, when will it ever be? We can't sit here and say the kids should get more chances, and then complain when the club makes way for them.

Fair enough, definitely a good way to see it.

I’m just worried about seeing Mkhitaryan in the first team too much No
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:17 pm

:fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:23 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Jay29 wrote:Way I see it, if now's not the time to give Nelson a chance, when will it ever be? We can't sit here and say the kids should get more chances, and then complain when the club makes way for them.

Fair enough, definitely a good way to see it.

I’m just worried about seeing Mkhitaryan in the first team too much No

Hopefully Auba/Laca/Pepe is the front-line and Mkhi only plays when necessary.

He'll absolutely start on Sunday now though lol.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:47 pm

Mkhi has a maximum of 5 decent games in him per season, let's hope he uses one of them on Sunday Laughing

I'm supposing we won't be seeing much of our new signings again a la Emery "wanting to give them time to integrate" Rolling Eyes

I know Tierney is still in recovery.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Tierney and Pepe haven't had a pre-season, and Ceballos hasn't played much, either. On that alone, it'd probably be a few games before they're all playing.

Luiz could probably play straight away, though, assuming his deal goes through in time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:01 pm

Hope we still sell Mkhi. Rather Saka get his minutes.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:04 pm

@UrbanRoots

karma for me shitting on your window a couple weeks ago

congrats, looking decent
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 pm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:38 pm

this guy was spot on with everything he said this summer :fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Sina wrote:

:fishing:

Yeah, no Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:33 am

Never say never with this new team, Raul is practical guy, if there is any opportunity even tiny bit, he will go for it. We went through nearly 16 transfer windows and never address all problems at once, this summer though, he sorted it all out with supposed limited budget. David Luiz deal came out of blue, dude just signed new deal in May, profess his love for Chelsea who also has transfer ban.

Compared to previous windows, I gave this summer 9 out of 10, would be 10 if we can shift out some high wager or get Upamecano. Unai really has no excuse this year.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:25 am

I've no doubt Upamecano will be Arsenal's main centre back target, unless someone else becomes available between now and next summer. With any luck, next summer the squad won't need as much work done it, so they can pour more resources into doing that deal.

This summer has been interesting, to say the least. From links to Ryan Fraser and a very quiet opening few weeks, to all of a sudden getting six players signed to address all of our weaknesses. Time will tell if these guys will be any good, but it's encouraging that they've at least made attempts to strengthen all areas, whereas the previous management would have addressed one and left the others.

The big difference is the Iwobi deal. The old management would have rejected that deal outright because they wouldn't have wanted to lose a squad player, but this new management doesn't have that sentimental attachment. All it sees is that Everton offered good money for a player that might not ever reach the next level, and cashed in when they could.

I'm happy the club has signed two potential long-term solutions for CB and LB. Luiz is a short-term solution, essentially a Koscielny replacement at this point, who I think will improve us with his passing and vision from the back. Ceballos is a signing I really like, even if he is only on loan. Pepe is exciting, hopefully will be a top player on the wing for a few years. And Martinelli looks an interesting talent.

Now it's down to Emery to shape these guys into something coherent.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 am

If we make the CL, then next off season will hopefully be amazing for us, Ozil, Mikh, Nacho, Mustafi Elerny, XHAKA may all be gone, and finally be an attractive option to some stars/Leaders that are much needed Going forward.

If Inter fail this upcoming season in making the four, i’d push to see how much it would take to get Skriniar
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:27 pm

Interestingly, Emery was talking about waiting until the end of the European window to finalise his captaincy group, as players could still leave.

Monreal is one of the captains, and our friend Kike Marin is linking him with Real Sociedad (a long-time link, too).

With Tierney here now, the squad does have three left-backs...

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Monreal has been a great player for us but yea he is pretty much finished. Kolasinac as a backup is superior. I would sell

We should include Luiz as one of the 5 captains
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:43 pm

Oh I'm not doubting Upamecano is your target and remains so, but I am doubting you will be able to buy him in January with the money you got for Iwobi, or 55m €, or so.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:46 pm

Well the hope is that we will be able to get some more from Mkhi, ElNeny and Mustafi's sales. 20-30m for them and the iwobi money plus whatever have should be enough for Upamercato

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:50 pm

I'm not opposed to selling Monreal in principal but if we still hope to offload Mustafi as well, it wouldn't be the safest choice to lose him. We surely would not get a sizeable fee, so losing him for free at the end of the season wouldn't be a big financial blow, and if we sell him right now we are thin at the back both numerically and in terms of experience. We would have:

RB: Niles, Bellerin (2-3 months from match fitness)
CB: Luiz, Sokratis, Chambers, Holding (1-2 weeks from match fitness), Mavropanos (2 months out from match fitness)
LB: Kolasinac, Tierney (2 months out from match fitness)

That leaves us with essentially 5 fit defenders right now, excluding Mustafi and Monreal. Even when everyone is back fit, we would surely have a role for Monreal to play at minimum whenever we switch to a back 3. Having said all that, Emery keeps citing Monreal as one of his 5 captains so I would be surprised if we sell.

I also don't expect us to sell Mkhitaryan as we are hearing no rumours about his potential sale. It's risky to sell him, Iwobi, and loan Nketiah (plus Smith-Rowe?) all at once too. It's great to give opportunities to our other youth but relying on them completely to support our front 3 starters is an incredible risk. Competition is important and Mkhi is still a reliable player, even if he doesn't put up the stats we would like to see.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Victor Osimhen,one to watch
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:05 pm

Monreal close to joining Real Sociedad.

Mustafi could join Roma on loan with an obligation to buy.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:07 pm

Elneny next pls

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Latest on Monreal is that he'll move for no fee, but Arsenal may get first pick on a Sociedad player for a lower price than normal.

I wouldn't mind Oyazarbal at all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:47 pm

Not a bad deal that. I was thinking more of some talented GK but any would do for a lower price.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 44 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 28 ... 44  Next