Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 12 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Eman Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:

Great deal.

8M is a lot better than the 20M that the article Jay had shared was suggesting. At 32 years of age, anything over 10m would be excessive.

He was still a class player, is great on the ball, and it's definitely not a foregone conclusion that the other guys we were in for are better players at this moment in time (except for Umtiti). Hopefully he can have a great year and our younger CBs step up as well, even if he isn't the long-term solution we were hoping for and there is risk involved.

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 pm

So both Luiz and Tierney.

That's great. We've done good business this window actually.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:34 pm

Tierney done, Luiz in the morning, Coutinho in the last minute. I love this game.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Tierney finally on the way, provided he passes a medical. Fingers crossed his hip doesn't cause any issues.

Luiz I'm indifferent on. Could be okay for a year. Could be a disaster. At least he's a good passer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:42 pm

never thought for a second we would be getting Coutinho. I mean there was no pressing need. If Iwobi was going then perhaps...

Speaking of which, would you guys be okay with 40m + Iwobi for Zaha?

I mean it depends how highly you rate either of those players but I can't honestly see Iwobi improve to a level where he is being consistent and providing us with adequate goals and assists.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 pm

Jay29 wrote:Tierney finally on the way, provided he passes a medical. Fingers crossed his hip doesn't cause any issues.

Luiz I'm indifferent on. Could be okay for a year. Could be a disaster. At least he's a good passer.

We are still quite weak on the right side if i am honest. AMN isn't great there and Bellerin has not played in a year.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:49 pm

I didn't think there was anything in it either until the Iwobi/Nketiah links started. Now it's starting to make sense.

Luiz seems desperate to join as well, probably because he's been speaking with Coutinho. L'Equipe seem sure about this happening, Cadena Ser too. Fabrizio Romano says it's not happening. I guess we'll see who's right but I think there's a possibility that we sign him on loan.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:54 pm

My boy Romano has spoken i am afraid

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:24 pm

Really strange that @BilelGhazi decided to die on that hill then. Not the kind of journalist to throw shit around.

I'm still hopeful because of that.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Need to correct myself, Upamecano's release clause was 100m € in 2018 and apparently shrinks every summer. This summer supposedly ~90m €
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:26 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Need to correct myself, Upamecano's release clause was 100m € in 2018 and apparently shrinks every summer. This summer supposedly ~90m €

lol what kind of a clause is that. I suppose it's so someone sign him before he goes on a free in the end.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:27 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Really strange that @BilelGhazi decided to die on that hill then. Not the kind of journalist to throw shit around.

I'm still hopeful because of that.

I think we were in for him as other people also mentioned but in the end it might be too expensive so it got dropped.

I'd love one last big surprise too but i am just happy with a Lb and a CB
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:05 pm

That Luiz deal seems to come out of no where.

Seems like Luiz was going to be 4th choice under Lampard, and he wants to be a starter. So Lampard has said if you're not with us, bugger off.

I guess we'll just keep Tomori if we sell Luiz, but I think it's a huge mistake, Luiz is still a solid player, especially in possesion, he won't solve your issues, but he will be a decent stop-gap.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:23 am

If Raul could go as low as 5 mil, we basically replace Koscielny with Luiz. Wage might be higher thought
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:29 am

Kick wrote:That Luiz deal seems to come out of no where.

Seems like Luiz was going to be 4th choice under Lampard, and he wants to be a starter. So Lampard has said if you're not with us, bugger off.

I guess we'll just keep Tomori if we sell Luiz, but I think it's a huge mistake, Luiz is still a solid player, especially in possesion, he won't solve your issues, but he will be a decent stop-gap.

They used to have some issue while playing together didnt they? Makes sense to sell if Lampard wants total authority
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:35 am

Twoism wrote:
Kick wrote:That Luiz deal seems to come out of no where.

They used to have some issue while playing together didnt they? Makes sense to sell if Lampard wants total authority

I'm not aware of any issues they had as players.

I do think Luiz probably remembers Lampard as a team mate, and perhaps he felt like he could get away with more?

I do not know the exact issues, but there seems to be something there.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:34 am

Italian reports are insisting Rugani is still on, but will be close.

Sky reckon Mustafi could leave today.

I think it'll be Luiz or nobody tbh.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:56 am

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:01 am

Sell Mustafi and Iwobi and sign Coutinho on loan or Zaha, then I'd say we're done. Still seeing some Rugani stuff but don't want.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:42 pm

Nketiah has joined Leeds on loan.

Still waiting for confirmation of the Luiz and Tierney signings. Announcements don't have to be made before the deadline, but it has been silent since this morning so there's some inevitable concern.

If needs be, Arsenal can ask for an extension until 19:00 so long as there's only paperwork left.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Speak of the devil:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Did not expect this but the money is good and Nelson is ready for more minutes.

Sad to see an academy graduate leave, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:31 pm

I mean it's fantastic money but I don't see the point if we don't have a replacement. I guess Reiss Nelson will get his minutes but he's pretty much not someone you can rely on to change the game from the bench yet.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Way I see it, if now's not the time to give Nelson a chance, when will it ever be? We can't sit here and say the kids should get more chances, and then complain when the club makes way for them.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Yeah honestly, I like Iwobi. I thought he had a future here, as a backup winger for now and then as an attacking midfielder when Ozil and Mkhitaryan leave. However, while he has improved in the past year, he will probably never be a guy that you trust to make a big difference in important games on a consistent basis. He gives maximum effort and is trying to improve but a truly top club would sell a guy like him if an offer of 35-40m came in, and that's what we're trying to become.

Selling Iwobi and loaning Nketiah probably indicates that we're keeping Smith-Rowe now. We'd be stretching ourselves pretty thin if we let any other attackers leave at this stage.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:47 pm

I see ESR going on loan (possibly to Germany again) with Martinelli getting minutes instead. There's John-Jules as well, who signed a new contract likely on the promise there'll be a pathway for him to the first team (there wasn't one for Amaechi, so he left).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 44 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 28 ... 44  Next