futbol
Myesyats
eelir
43 posters

Page 22 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 22 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 22 May 2021, 22:20

I believe it. Aguero joined to play with Messi. He probably has a fat contract lined up with NYC fc or something like that after the 2 years are up.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun 23 May 2021, 00:26

I'm inclined to believe it given that Bartomeu is gone. If he was still here Aguero would definitely be on 20m a year minimum but I'm sure Laporta knows better
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 23 May 2021, 11:23

Nah.

Maybe it's some kind of base salary and he gets like 500k for each goal, ok

but that he's joining for 10m gross, and that's it? No way.

As Alex said, it's curious that every player "takes a paycut to play for Barca", and then you have the highest wage bill in world football

It's blatant PR strategy to conjure up a underdog, outsider, honour, and victimization narrative and it's rather shameless

Bayern do it too on occasion
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 24 May 2021, 00:33

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 24 May 2021, 01:01

I have a hard tkme buying that people are going to see him as an underdog underdog he's making 5m a year Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon 24 May 2021, 04:40

I can buy him being on 5M, but he probably had a nice sign-on fee attached to it. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 25 May 2021, 14:12

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 25 May 2021, 14:34

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 25 May 2021, 14:41

Cant understand this.

Agree or disagree with the move, I understand Aguero and Garcia. Depay I even understand. Can make an argument for all 3.

Wijnaldum, who I dont dislike as a player, I cant get my head around.

I understand Moriba perhaps has not been the revelation Pedri has been for example, but he most certainly should not go backwards. He has impressed me and offers something very interesting.

Puig I assume is staying. Nico is getting promoted is he not? Those 3 plus De Jong, Pedri, Busi.

Is there space for for Wijnaldum?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 25 May 2021, 14:52

Why are we going after Koeman players if we are planning on getting rid of him?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 25 May 2021, 14:59

Are we even getting rid of him? Moreover, can we even afford to get rid of him?

Coaches are already getting moved on in some clubs, considering our situation I would have expected that Koeman would have already been removed if that is the plan.

Perhaps we cant afford to pay 8m (I think thats the number) to terminate his 1 year, while still paying Setien (I think that's still ongoing) and then paying for a 3rd coach.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 25 May 2021, 15:34

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Why are we going after Koeman players if we are planning on getting rid of  him?

Hmm I think the more important aspect of this whole shabang is that he's a FREE AGENT rather than a "Koeman player".

Konmans fate ought to be decided within a week. Laporta (if you believe reports) tried to convince Hans-Dieter Flick but he failed and Flick signed a contract with Germany NT this morning. I don't see what other options are there.

As to the player himself, I dont really have an opinion on Wijnaldum but he seems like a good bench option at least, of course taking into account that its a FREE transfer. If we had to pay a fee of say 30-40M then hell no because he's 30 y/o. But we need depth aswell and players like Pedri arent ready yet for big games. If you want to compete on 3 fronts you need more than Busquets/Pedri/DeJong. Puig I don't even consider as 1st team player, IMO he's still a B level player.

Midfield is so important because it gives you a balance between defense and attack and you see RM almost got to CL final with a shit attack but amazing midfield and average defense. If you get dominated in the middle you have little to none chance of beating big teams and we were never a team to park the bus.

Depay would also come as a free agent
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 25 May 2021, 17:28

Wijnaldum also taking a paycut to join us lol!
Ridiculous. Who are they trying to fool? He is a free agent who has never had a big payday. He is leaving Liverpool because he is underpaid. And we are supposed to believe he is taking a paycut as a free agent to join us. Couldnt make it up. He is taking a pay cut same way Aguero is on 5m.
Bunch of nonsense.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 25 May 2021, 17:34

The Franchise wrote:Cant understand this.

Agree or disagree with the move, I understand Aguero and Garcia. Depay I even understand. Can make an argument for all 3.

Wijnaldum, who I dont dislike as a player, I cant get my head around.

I understand Moriba perhaps has not been the revelation Pedri has been for example, but he most certainly should not go backwards. He has impressed me and offers something very interesting.

Puig I assume is staying. Nico is getting promoted is he not? Those 3 plus De Jong, Pedri, Busi.

Is there space for for Wijnaldum?

I can get behind Wijnaldum a lot more than I can get behind Garcia. I do think we need a midfielder. Koeman doesnt trust Pjanic and Busquets will be a year older. Which means 18 year old Pedri and FDJ (who has 4 lungs but still) will be run into the ground again. Moriba is there but we could do with an experienced midfield signing who can balance the load.
We get rid of Pjanic (if we can) and replace with a more mobile, physical midfielder who can add some goals. This would also enable FDJ to move to CB. FDJ moves to CB, Busquets, Pedri and Wijnaldum in midfield. Wijnaldum now provides the runs into the box, goals and assists which FDJ provided this season. Moriba becomes first option off the bench.
Other games, not all 4 play. Wijnaldum can play instead of FDJ, Pedri with not a big drop in quality.
Key would be getting rid of deadwood like Pjanic, Roberto (like him in midfield but looks like his time is up).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 25 May 2021, 17:39

[quote="alexjanosik"]
The Franchise wrote:

I can get behind Wijnaldum a lot more than I can get behind Garcia. I do think we need a midfielder. Koeman doesnt trust Pjanic and Busquets will be a year older. Which means 18 year old Pedri and FDJ (who has 4 lungs but still) will be run into the ground again. Moriba is there but we could do with an experienced midfield signing who can balance the load.
We get rid of Pjanic (if we can) and replace with a more mobile, physical midfielder who can add some goals. This would also enable FDJ to move to CB. FDJ moves to CB, Busquets, Pedri and Wijnaldum in midfield. Wijnaldum now provides the runs into the box, goals and assists which FDJ provided this season. Moriba becomes first option off the bench.
Other games, not all 4 play. Wijnaldum can play instead of FDJ, Pedri with not a big drop in quality.
Key would be getting rid of deadwood like Pjanic, Roberto (like him in midfield but looks like his time is up).

I believe we need a midfielder too. I think we may have discussed this a couple months ago?

But I am not sure he is the right one. I think he is physically good, technically better than advertised and has a knack for finding spaces in and around the box. But I cant see him ever getting played over any of the usual 3 in any situation which really matters.

But you make a good point about moving De Jong to the back, if this is the tactical consequence than I am more positive about it. Perhaps I could be convinced by it, but id rather someone a little better.

Eric Garcia, I share your probable concerns. But I understand it because there is almost a constant looming threat of every former La Masia player returning and I do think we need another CB. Though like Gigi, I'd prefer someone else.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 25 May 2021, 17:46

Who do you have in mind if not Wijnaldum?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 25 May 2021, 17:59

If its free transfers only then I would concede there are no better options.

But I would have wondered if Van De Beek could be had for cheap considering he is never going to play at Man Utd.

Couldnt have been more impressed by Florian Neuhaus in every game I saw him, even in losing efforts to City.

I mean, this is all conditional on if we are actually able to spend money or not, it seems we are not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue 25 May 2021, 18:08

VDB is a good option. Have not seen the other guy.
If its a goal scoring midfielder, I feel Olmo would have been perfect. Ex La Masia, he is doing very weel in Germany. Ofcourse, now attainable but could have had him for $25m last year.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue 25 May 2021, 19:17

Wijnaldum would be your only midfielder who makes runs beyond the ball aside from FDJ. He's better at that aspect than him, and FDJ is better deeper anyways. Personally not a big fan of his risk averness on the ball, but that's the same reason coaches love him. He's reliable and won't loss the ball stupidly. Great engine and press resistant. He'll add vertical depth and end product which the other midfielders don't bring.

VdB is a good shout to do the same and he's younger. That being said guys like Wijnaldum, Garcia, and Depay are all getting raises and big salaries. Aguero was making 12M at City and he's 33 so he's probably taken a pay cut. Again a base salary of 5M makes sense, but it was probably loaded with all sorts of supplementary costs.

Big name free agents are always costly. United paid 30M for Sanchez in sign on fees, even though he was a free agent. At Milan, Raiola wants Donnarruma to get a 20M sign on fee as well as 7M for Donarruma's dad and a year salary of 12M. Maldini told them to piss off and signed Maignan instead lol.

To the media they seem like good deals, but saving on transfer fees aside you're still paying a hefty sum to the players themselves.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue 25 May 2021, 19:41

If we had the money we wouldnt be making 4 FREE transfers...This is quite literally the best we can do
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed 26 May 2021, 02:34

We should have gotten Wijnaldum last summer, badly needed physical presence in our midfield which is clearly lacking physicality. When u have Busquets and a teenager in there in support of Messi, with youngsters + Roberto as cover and watching this seasons game u realize how bad we are in that area. Hes not the ideal Barca type midfielder but prolly more like Paulinho/Vidal type, but potential to be better overall hopefully. I think hers versatile and can play multiple positions so thats a plus.

One strange thing is often big clubs like to sign players who scored vs them in big games Razz Still remember his two goals I think it was vs us.

Also didnt realize no transfer fees u still have to pay so high amount of fee to the big players. Im sure we wont now though cos we are just broke, unless we get another dodgy loan deal Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 26 May 2021, 03:09

Myesyats wrote:
we have become Milan. SAD
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 26 May 2021, 03:11

The Franchise wrote:Are we even getting rid of him? Moreover, can we even afford to get rid of him?

Coaches are already getting moved on in some clubs, considering our situation I would have expected that Koeman would have already been removed if that is the plan.

Perhaps we cant afford to pay 8m (I think thats the number) to terminate his 1 year, while still paying Setien (I think that's still ongoing) and then paying for a 3rd coach.
we are only getting rid of him if we find a worthy replacement , but I get the feeling that he has a foot out the door . Had he won the league (or taken it to the last day ) I think he would've managed to stay, as you say we have funds better spent elsewhere.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 26 May 2021, 09:58

Wijnaldum is a top player that would improve your midfield massively
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed 26 May 2021, 10:02

Hapless_Hans wrote:Wijnaldum is a top player that would improve your midfield massively

I do feel the same tbh.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed 26 May 2021, 12:44

Hard to improve the midfield from the bench.

I dont think there will be any situation where he plays ahead of a fully fit De Jong, Pedri and Busi in a big game.

Unless of course, De Jong is moved into the back of a 3 which I am for.

Casciavit wrote:Wijnaldum would be your only midfielder who makes runs beyond the ball aside from FDJ. He's better at that aspect than him, and FDJ is better deeper anyways.

VdB is a good shout to do the same and he's younger. That being said guys like Wijnaldum, Garcia, and Depay are all getting raises and big salaries. Aguero was making 12M at City and he's 33 so he's probably taken a pay cut. Again a base salary of 5M makes sense, but it was probably loaded with all sorts of supplementary costs.

To the media they seem like good deals, but saving on transfer fees aside you're still paying a hefty sum to the players themselves.

Agree with the bold.

In terms of free transfers, this has always been a concern. We assume Wijnaldum is far less costly than say, VDB, but how on earth do we know that?

Whatever fee Man Utd want for VDB for all I know, could be within the ball park to what has to be given to Wijnaldum to sign/ bonuses. If the difference isnt huge, then I know who Id prefer.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 36 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 36  Next