silver
Kick
Kaladin
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

FIFA 20 - Page 3 Empty Re: FIFA 20

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Played the demo and it's terrible. PES is much better this year. Not buying either though tbh

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:17 pm

I wish it was just a casual game. They have barely changed anything. CL mode GUI is identical to last year's. IDENTICAL. They haven't even updated all the squads yet and CL group stages are last year's groups not the current one. CL presentation is exactly the same as last year's. I could go on and on but they literally haven't changed anything. Not even the lighting system to give it a different feel. Jeez.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:34 pm

F FIFA then. First time not buying it since 2009.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:37 pm

I think I played FIFA 19 seven or eight times in total. First time not buying it since 08 here.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:02 pm

I'll take one for the team, guys. I picked up FIFA 20.

I have zero interest in Volta mode so probably won't be playing that. As wooden as its writing was, I actually miss the Journey.

I liked where FIFA 19 was at as of last night so if 20 is a continuation of that, I'll consider the 50 bucks spent not a waste.

I'm probably EA's targeted demographic Laughing
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:14 pm

McLewis wrote:I'll take one for the team, guys. I picked up FIFA 20.

I have zero interest in Volta mode so probably won't be playing that. As wooden as its writing was, I actually miss the Journey.

I liked where FIFA 19 was at as of last night so if 20 is a continuation of that, I'll consider the 50 bucks spent not a waste.

I'm probably EA's targeted demographic Laughing

I don't think you're their targeted demographic, but I'm sure that they appreciate you being content with what they have to offer, despite not being in Volta, even Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:19 pm

danyjr wrote:I wish it was just a casual game. They have barely changed anything. CL mode GUI is identical to last year's. IDENTICAL. They haven't even updated all the squads yet and CL group stages are last year's groups not the current one. CL presentation is exactly the same as last year's. I could go on and on but they literally haven't changed anything. Not even the lighting system to give it a different feel. Jeez.

I don't mean that it's a casual game in a sense where you can pick it up and drop as you wish. But it's a game which attracts the most casual gamers in the world. COD is the same.

The way i walk to my gym has a GAME store on its way and i often pop in to have a browse. It's so so common to see a bunch of 14-24 year olds in groups standing over the FIFA20 isle (biggest in the store) talking excitedly about it and discussing FUT and clubs. None of them care about how it's recycled but how it's a social mainstream game.

And EA knows it.

The only way to break this cycle is if a new company develops a football game and a substantial amount of people buy it but chances of that is less than 10%.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:24 pm

lmaooo

Last edited by RealGunner on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:30 pm

[quote="RealGunner"]
danyjr wrote:

The only way to break this cycle is if a new company develops a football game and a substantial amount of people buy it but chances of that is less than 10%.

The same can be said about CoD. Anyway, the most underdeveloped game of the year award goes to Borderlands 3 - which took 6 years to develop (1 year less than RDR2) and both looks and plays like a Borderlands 2.5 - more of the same content, 2 or 3 minor features added, zero technological progression from its predecessor. Not that I had any plans on buying it, but that's just lazy as hell.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Yea agreed. But i don't think FPS is as much of a powerhouse than it was 10 years ago. Football is always going to be up there due to real life football.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:38 pm

You're inviting terrorism jokes. Stop it Laughing

Seriously, though, the main reason why I've kept buying FIFA for all of these years is because it's a type of game that even my colleagues, who never play video games, are familiar with. Even some of them have been losing interest in FIFA over the years, due to EA's arbitrary attempts at making the game feel semi-realistic and gradually alienating people in that process. The games are successful in terms of sales numbers, but I don't think they know what they're doing beyond not making any drastic changes every year. Actually, scratch that, I'm sure they know what they're doing, but I doubt they care to improve the game as long as adding features with little to no substance is enough to keep the majority of people fairly content, if not happy with what they get.

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:45 pm

They're not focused on making a single player experience anymore. Career Mode seems to only exist because of tradition, not because they want to deliver a great experience for those who have no interest in wasting their money on Ultimate Team. To be cynical, I daresay Career Mode is just there to keep up the ruse of being a normal game and not just a massive micro-transaction cash crab.

I haven't played a FIFA game for a while, but I remember Career Mode needing serious TLC, like, six years ago? And it hasn't changed much since then. Shows you where the priorities are.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:52 pm

I miss the single player, online mode they had several years ago, where you could go into a lobby and play 2v2 with and against other people online. Some of team mates you'd get were frustratingly bad or simply hogged the ball so that they could attempt to dribble through the opposing team by themselves, but I liked that game mode. I don't know why they removed it. There was also a manager mode in one of the early 00s FIFA that was far superior to the one that exists today. I think it was an attempt to emulate what Football Manager was doing. God knows how they get away with removing stuff like that. I suppose upgrades in graphics served as an acceptable compensation, back then.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:35 pm

Literally all they've done is change 2 or 3 actual in-game animatons, changed color of the menu and thats it. Easiest way of milking millions out of sheeple.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 pm

everything goes into FUT now and has for years, they have the entire team working on weekly content updates for it

agree with RG, game is a social phenomenon, on the train often hear kids doing nothing but talking about what's coming out on FUT next week. They could literally change nothing about FIFA for the next 10 installments, people will still play just to see a different coloured Neymar card they have a 0.1% chance of getting.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:23 pm

I've been away for a couple years, last I played more than 0 mins was FIFA 17, so tempted to pick this up.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:04 pm

Have they fixed career mode?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:01 pm

#fixcareermode has been trending on twitter all day today so I'd say probably not?

Anyway, just got in from work and will be booting up the game shortly. Career Mode and FUT is all I ever play anyway so if Career mode is as jacked up as they say it is, at least there's still FUT.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:20 pm

In lobby. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:50 pm

EA releasing something so broken at full price should be fucking illegal.

I heard Volta you can't even team up with friends online lmao

I always bought FIFA for club's but after 8 years of arguable regression I won't even ask if it's any good
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:49 pm

Ive had the game for 2 weeks and ngl, havent even touched Volta nor do i want to

I sympathize with people critcizing career mode, its the only thing i play. PES, for all its religious nutjob a fanbase, has a fucking very bary bones career mode/Master League. I really wanted to get into it but couldnt do to the lack of customizability, you cant pick your European competition that you're in in the first season, you cant pick a normal fucking human being of a coach, its either fucking the corpse of Cruyff, Maradonna, Gullit or the other trash models. They honestly got found it this year, like go visit r/WEPES and listen to the woes of the community, the gameplay got changed from the demo as well.

Truth is there isn't a good single player experience when it comes to footballing games, FM has been the same for like what, 8 years? Last one i played was 16 or 17 and it was a carbon copy of 14. I don't foresee a future where single player will take precedence over multiplayer in football games.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:45 pm

Master League in PES has been shite for like a decade ES, people mainly enjoy because the core gameplay against the CPU is much more fun and the AI is better.

In terms of mode features it's been trash forever.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:17 pm

Yeah I like PES' actual gameplay mechanics a lot better than FIFA's, but I am a gamer that loves to get immersed into the game and it's hard to do that with PES due to the lack of licensing and interesting game modes.

As for FIFA 20, my career mode hasn't been exhibiting the stuff that people are saying is broken, but then again, I'm not deep enough into it yet. It's playable for me still, but it's very disappointing to see that it's virtually the same last the last three career modes. Nothing I wasn't expecting when I picked up the game, but still. Meh.

As has been mentioned ad nauseum around here, EA dumped all of its true innovation into it's cashcow FUT. That was clear right off the bat. Tons of great little changes in there. I ended up spending almost 3 times as much time in there than career mode as a result.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Just got EA Access to play FIFA 20 for 10 hours, Hoping that'll talk me out of purchasing it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:18 pm

How did you get that?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:21 pm

Getting EA Access rofl

Is there a bigger waste of money available on the planet?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next