Perucho21
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
35 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:30 pm

Eriksen was very disappointing yesterday but i do not doubt that he is a very good player.

My problem with the club going after Eriksen is that he is another AM that we are going to try and play him at CM. We've had Isco, James and Ceballos all play formerly AMs playing CM pretty poorly imo. My other problem, is that he is not the type of midfielder we need especially since Kroos is staying and will likely remain a starter. I prefer a mid like Pogba or Ndombele to bring energy and athleticism that Kroos and Modric lack, and something Eriksen does not have.

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:45 pm

Pogba and energy, lol. The man with the most distance walking in the PL, lol. I'm positive Zizou would make Pogba run a bit though since it's Zizou.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:46 am

Pogba is 16th out of 79 in terms of total distance covered by a midfielder and 34th out of 79 in sprints per game.... that's for all central midfielders in the EPL. Yeah, he walks if he's not running. He doesn't jog much.

But that's not because he's not covering ground... he's covering a ton of it especially for an attacking player. This stat usually highlights "effort" players.... meaning guys who have to run all over the place to defend and recover balls.

Not to say Pogba is the most active player around. But, because of his stride, he covers a LOT of ground.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:56 am

sportsczy wrote:Pogba is 16th out of 79 in terms of total distance covered by a midfielder and 34th out of 79 in sprints per game.... that's for all central midfielders in the EPL. Yeah, he walks if he's not running. He doesn't jog much.

But that's not because he's not covering ground... he's covering a ton of it especially for an attacking player. This stat usually highlights "effort" players.... meaning guys who have to run all over the place to defend and recover balls.

Not to say Pogba is the most active player around. But, because of his stride, he covers a LOT of ground.

I don't think he should be judged on that because despite being athletic, his game is all about finesse and creating chances. He is a better passer then the likes of Isco, and better then modric at the final ball. He also chips on a fair amount of goals. Something we can use
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:54 am

Perucho21 wrote:Eriksen was very disappointing yesterday but i do not doubt that he is a very good player.

My problem with the club going after Eriksen is that he is another AM that we are going to try and play him at CM. We've had Isco, James and Ceballos all play formerly AMs playing CM pretty poorly imo. My other problem, is that he is not the type of midfielder we need especially since Kroos is staying and will likely remain a starter. I prefer a mid like Pogba or Ndombele to bring energy and athleticism that Kroos and Modric lack, and something Eriksen does not have.

Pogba had the worst sprint record in EPL. The myth that he brings energy needs to die. He is as lazy as it gets for a midfielder .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:30 am

Not lazier than your beloved Kroos, that's for sure.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:57 am

Pogba will at least try to create chances and score goals, what is Kroos up to these days ? You could as well put a tree out there and it would make no difference
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:50 am

Kroos tops or is in the top three of all passing stats even in his worst year

Imagine thinking Pogba or Eriksen could replace him rofl

We need neither Pogba nor Eriksen. We need someone to conpliment our two other starters not the other way round. As if our team don't walk enough you want the biggest walker of them all. I hope the club stands firm. ZZ is going crazy with his french bias
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:08 pm

passing stats lol, this is 2019 no one cares about those useless stats
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:20 pm

I actually care a little about a CM who can pass the ball accurate. I also care about a CM that got the stat of most walking too. But I believe in Zizou to have Pogba play like a modern day Falcao imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:41 pm

Passing stats are very dependent on the tactics and team setup. It's more important about the type of pass not just a raw percentage. Percentages can be misleading because a player like Elneny can make a million sideways passes. Doesn't make him a good midfielder. Similarly CBs tend to have really high passing numbers. Doesn't mean I want Ramos playing CM.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:51 pm

^ much more important: # of ball progressions/90, chance creation/90, and xA/90.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:00 pm

I'm certainly not arguing that Pogba would replace Kroos. They are 2 different types of midfielders. Plus Kroos just renewed and he is going to remain a starter, and that's fine there's hardly any better CMs with great passing and set piece ability.

My argument is that I much prefer the 3rd midfielder to be physical b2b type. Ndombele certainly fits that category so I would not mind him. I understand the criticism Pogba receives, which is why I believe Ndombele is a safer option. But If ZZ wants a top midfielder to play that role, I dont think you can ask for much better than Pogba.

Purchasing Eriksen would have been ideal if Kroos was going to be sold, but he won't be. He is not the midfielder we need right now.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:02 pm

Ndombele's gift is how he controls the ball when it comes to him... his touch is extremely good in the sense that he immediately puts the ball in a position where he can do damage with his first touch.

Most players control the ball end then do something... he does something with the actual act of making a control.

Not sure if that made sense.

The way Ndmobele and Pogba controlled their respective corridors yesterday for France was a sight to behold. I REALLY hope we get both. Immediately solves a lot of problems.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:34 pm

If we get Ndombele and Pogba, I swear I would watch every Marseille and PSG match next season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:00 pm

Sign me up
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Doc wrote:If we get Ndombele and Pogba, I swear I would watch every Marseille and PSG match next season.

I would never make you watch OM games, let alone all of them lol. That's cruel and unusual for anyone.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Ok, I’ll bite! assuming we do get Pogba and Ndombele, how to they line up with Kroos, Modric and Casemiro also in squad!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Casemiro Kroos on the bench, Modric goes fishing in italy, Valverde in the stands
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:21 pm

As good as Ndom is I don't think Kroos is on the bench considering he signed a new contract indicating he is in the plans. So it would have to be Kroos - Case - Pogba to go along with the balance ZZ requires.

That being said, the second Kroos starts to slip, I could easily see Ndom - Case - Pogba functioning very well.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Also, I don't think we will sign Ndom anymore anyway. Lyon seem to be asking for an arm and a leg, and Kroos just signed a new contract so I think its more likely we turn our attention elsewhere. Maybe Rabiot if he can be tamed.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Doc wrote:If we get Ndombele and Pogba, I swear I would watch every Marseille and PSG match next season.

I would never make you watch OM games, let alone all of them lol. That's cruel and unusual for anyone.

For both Pogba and Ndombele, I would suffer in happiness knowing Madrid would have a potentially solid midfield again.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:01 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Turok, I’m sorry but I have to call you out. You’re completely clueless. You’re judging Eriksen and Poch based on 1 match against a team that is head and shoulders better. You’re calling certain players “frauds” yet you clearly don’t watch them. What type of thrill do you get out of making such baseless claims?

What type of thrill do you get making such a nonsensical post such as this one?
Eriksen ain't good enough for us or even fits what we're looking for. plus as proven in the cl final he aint a big game player.
Liverpool ARE the better team but its not because they have a better midfield. you dont surrender over 60% possession by having a good midfield. but enough about that. I don't even have to provide an argument, Eriksen disappoints all by himself.

mendy pleases me. marcelo best check himself lest the french upstart benches him proper.
i dont like lo celso but both him and Ndombele are superior to that clown eriksen. what we need is jerkfaces who run and can improve mobility in midfield. not another am who doesnt have an argument starting over modric or even isco. kroos is untouchable and anyone arguing against kroos needs to see a doctor. yes id bench casemiro dudes been poor and benz can play a better dm than him anyways.

sports, your pogba bias is shining again. however argument about mou and OGS is very valid. i dont think we need a pogba but we'll see. it seems even zidane is starting to realize how much pogba would cost and is having 2nd thoughts. i dont blame him.

hazard is gonna be a game changer imo. jovic is an unknown until i see how our midfield looks. i am mad thirsty for ndombele in particular. but lo celso would also work fine i think. we also got valverde to think about and i think he has great potential tmo is right about him but he is still very raw in my eyes.

need to do something anout the deadweight though, everyone wants to stay these days...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 am

Again, where the fuck is @Freeza to defend his main man? All this abuse.

Eriksen not being good for us is mad people talk tbh. He is, however, an AM and we really don't need anymore AMs at the moment.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:06 am

All this Eriksen slander

Can't be arsed with the idiocy really

"not good enough" my fucking pink rectum
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:09 am

Doc wrote:Again, where the fuck is @Freeza to defend his main man? All this abuse.

Eriksen not being good for us is mad people talk tbh. He is, however, an AM and we really don't need anymore AMs at the moment.

Eriksen is just as much an AM as Kroos or Modric were before coming here. Combine that with him not being lazy as fuck and 10 times faster than Kroos.

He's at his best as a CM for the national team in a 4-3-3. But the Tottenham personal doesn't fit his style at all. He often becomes just a cross merchant for them.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next