Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*)

+17
farfan
Warrior
Myesyats
Winter is Coming
Kaladin
danyjr
moutinho98
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Madrid One
M99
Nishankly
Art Morte
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
Unique
Firenze
nasir6371
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Manchester City - Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*) - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*)

Post by farfan Sun May 19, 2019 12:05 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Also congrats to Liverpool making it in the 2019 FA Community Shield Laughing

You do realize that by winning the CL Liverpool would be taking a huge dump on your " treble", right? hmm

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Manchester City - Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*) - Page 3 Empty Re: Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*)

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun May 19, 2019 2:39 pm

nasir6371 wrote:@chemicalboy99 Get in Lad. We did it Proud drinking

What a season Nasir Lad. Pep hoovering up domestic titles like an anteater on ecstasy. Read somewhere that Pep has won more titles in the last two years at City than that serial choke artist Klopp has in his entire career.

I dont even know what to call ourselves anymore. It is the centur100ns or the Fourmidables or maybe the Fourmidable Centur100ns. The possibilities are endless much like all the records we've broken this season.

6-0 in an FA Cup final....madness!!

Anyways Pep says next season we'll be better so enjoy the summer Nasir. I'm told it'll be extremely salty.

Manchester City - Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*) - Page 3 D6xwaf10
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 19, 2019 2:42 pm

I see a lot of jelly in this thread

Makes even a numpty like Frenzy look like a classy gentlemen in contrast
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun May 19, 2019 2:49 pm

It's really funny how everyone undermines City, people who are unable to admit their greatness are jelly if anyone.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun May 19, 2019 2:50 pm

farfan wrote:
nasir6371 wrote:Also congrats to Liverpool making it in the 2019 FA Community Shield Laughing

You do realize that by winning the CL Liverpool would be taking a huge dump on your " treble", right? hmm

Nonsense if anything it rubber stamps our achievement. Folks will be wandering around thinking that they're not even the best team in England.

It's like 100 points or the domestic treble. If it's ever done again people will only remember City did it first.

Much like the Champions League with Celtic.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 19, 2019 3:11 pm

I need to understand a few things here...

I mean as far as I know, Liverpool dint sell any key player over the summer. It is the same Liverpool which had reached a Champions League final without Coutinho AND smashed City along the way if I'm correct ?

And it is the same Liverpool who broke the transfer record for a goalkeeper, a position that had been their achilles heel for years, spent 100M on two new CM signings, out of which one they don't even use, added more depth with likes of Shaqiri, essentially spending the most money in Europe this past summer and most importantly retained their world class forward line who were THAT good last season. Meanwhile it is the same City that added Mahrez over the summer and if I'm correct, not exactly been a success for them either.

What has the last 4-5 years got to do with any of how strong both teams were THIS season ?

How about admitting the fact that despite how good Pool were this season, they just couldn't match City's best ? Sometimes giving a little credit doesn't hurt.

Again, I just don't understand, you are in a fucking Champions League final and have a huge chance of winning it, yet you are sitting here bitching about how much money your rivals spent and how they are in turn depriving you of winning trophies ? You just can't win with some. And I completely understand Mole's frustration here. Ain't got any time for sympathizing with teams that spend 200-300M in the mercato and then complain about how your rivals are 'buying the league'.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 19, 2019 3:14 pm

I am not even going to respond now, its completely going over all your heads. You all will realize what I am saying when Salah or Mane leave.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 3:15 pm

How do you know they will? You're assuming something which hasn't even happened yet or even looks like happening.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 19, 2019 3:18 pm

I thought Salah and Mane were supposed to leave last summer so that 'Poor' Liverpool could balance the books..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 19, 2019 3:42 pm

danyjr wrote:Manchester City - Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*) - Page 3 Screen%20Shot%202018-04-30%20at%2022.50.03

Books are already balanced u pos
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How do you know they will? You're assuming something which hasn't even happened yet or even looks like happening.

Its in their DNA, had I been confident and excluding the history we wouldn't be having any of this discussion ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun May 19, 2019 3:53 pm

farfan wrote:

Don't think so.

They have been unbelievable and I only hope they give their all in the CL next year and missing out on the league.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:How do you know they will? You're assuming something which hasn't even happened yet or even looks like happening.

Its in their DNA, had I been confident and excluding the history we wouldn't be having any of this discussion ffs

Have more confidence man, i would have thought after how much you spent last summer you'd actually have a little more belief in the possibility of you not having to sell.

Besides i'm pretty confident every club on the planet would have sold Coutinho for 120m tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 19, 2019 4:36 pm

Liverpool have earned their money and have spent it well to create the team they currently have. Man City cooks the book every year with questionable sponsorships and can easily replace their multi million flops the next year. It's not a comparison at all.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 4:38 pm

I wouldn't call spending 60m on Keita spending it well tbh Laughing

Also if you think we are trying to compare the two the point is thoroughly whooshed right over your head tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wouldn't call spending 60m on Keita spending it well tbh Laughing

Also if you think we are trying to compare the two the point is thoroughly whooshed right over your head tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm honestly getting sick and tired of people making excuses for a team who spent 70m on a defender, 60m on a keeper, 60m on a midfielder they don't even fucking play plus multiple 30-40m transfers. Yet when Man City buys Kyle Walker and Danilo, people lose their damn mind and claim on the back of said transfers they've bought the league."]

That's comparing them.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 4:59 pm

I was making a point that people massively overreacted to City spending big money on fullbacks lol.

But in general i'm not, my point is i'm sick and tired of teams who spend 100m+ complaining about other teams spending money.

It's disgustingly hypocritical and as a Newcastle fan who until very recently had a transfer record smaller than what it costs an average top 6 club fan will spend on socks it pisses me off.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I was making a point that people massively overreacted to City spending big money on fullbacks lol.

But in general i'm not, my point is i'm sick and tired of teams who spend 100m+ complaining about other teams spending money.

It's disgustingly hypocritical and as a Newcastle fan who until very recently had a transfer record smaller than what it costs an average top 6 club fan will spend on socks it pisses me off.

Of course you can complain when one teams earns money illegally and the rest of the league doesn't.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Manchester City - Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*) - Page 3 050416-stem-stories-cry-me-a-river-1-630x375

Couldn't care less about the circumstance tbh, every single club in the league has an owner who did dirty shit to get to that point.

As i said before, boo fucking hoo. This is just another example of big club fans always thinking their innocent victims and i couldn't care less about your moans and crying.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Manchester City - Manchester City achieve historic Domestic Treble (Quadruple*) - Page 3 050416-stem-stories-cry-me-a-river-1-630x375

Couldn't care less about the circumstance tbh, every single club in the league has an owner who did dirty shit to get to that point.

As i said before, boo fucking hoo. This is just another example of big club fans always thinking their innocent victims and i couldn't care less about your moans and crying.

You think posting a baby crying proves your point? lol

Man City are literally the only club in the Premier League to get caught using illegal means to get sponsorships. What you are posting now is just more lies to justify your love for Pep.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 5:22 pm

I don't need to prove any points, your reactions are all the proof i need.

All this is big club fans used to bullying the rest of the league and now they don't like it that the bullies have become the bullied and cry pathetically.

Also this has nothing to do with Pep, it's more about hypocritical big club fans moaning about money when they are throwing it around themselves.

I'm literally the only person on this forum who has legitimate complaints about what City does, the rest of you can STFU about it tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Oh and BTW this so called love for Pep? i've seen like 5 City games in 3 years lol. Some love right there.

You and others continue to mistake me for some one who gives a flying fuck, i couldn't care less about anything football related. That passion died a long, long time ago.

What i do care about are fans of teams who spend shit loads and then bitch about other teams doing it. Mainly because it smacks of hypocrisy and acting like innocent victims when thee opposite is true.

I expect from Liverpool fans as they've been acting this way since the 80s but it's a shame when others do it but oh well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't need to prove any points, your reactions are all the proof i need.

All this is big club fans used to bullying the rest of the league and now they don't like it that the bullies have become the bullied and cry pathetically.

Also this has nothing to do with Pep, it's more about hypocritical big club fans moaning about money when they are throwing it around themselves.

I'm literally the only person on this forum who has legitimate complaints about what City does, the rest of you can STFU about it tbh.

You do know the difference between attaining money legally and illegally right? No one had any legitimate complains about Man Utd having bigger funds than the rest of the league because they earned it through the years, working hard to improve their brand. Everyone SHOULD have concerns about a club passing all the steps that are needed to become the richest club in the league, whether you are an Arsenal fan or a Newcastle fan.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 5:38 pm

Sure i do, thing is i genuinely don't give a fuck. The circumstance really doesn't concern me, you're still bitching about something when you yourself are spending 100m on a strikeforce.

Sorry if i find it EXTREMELY difficult to feel sorry for you, yes i understand you can't do it all the time etc etc but i just don't care.

To me once you are able to spend 50m on a player regularly i stop giving a shit about you having the ability to complain about City.

Also the illegal stuff is more related to CL than PL tbh as they've only done it to stave off CL elimination from UEFA. Pretty sure the rest is just Chelsea on a higher, more consistent level.

So it's not really relevant to what we're talking about.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sure i do, thing is i genuinely don't give a fuck. The circumstance really doesn't concern me, you're still bitching about something when you yourself are spending 100m on a strikeforce.

Sorry if i find it EXTREMELY difficult to feel sorry for you, yes i understand you can't do it all the time etc etc but i just don't care.

To me once you are able to spend 50m on a player regularly i stop giving a shit about you having the ability to complain about City.

Also the illegal stuff is more related to CL than PL tbh as they've only done it to stave off CL elimination from UEFA. Pretty sure the rest is just Chelsea on a higher, more consistent level.

So it's not really relevant to what we're talking about.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me, all I want is for you to acknowledge that Man City used illegal means to create the current squad they have.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 19, 2019 5:50 pm

They used illegal means to stay in the CL they had yes, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty damn sure it had zero impact on their ability to build their squad and fund it as the owner would have done that anyway.

The Premier League has never pressured them by enforcing rules such as deducting them points etc eetc.

If you want to complain about it i think it would be better served talking about how that money was obtained to begin with... but then again Football traded it's moral compass pass in a long, long time ago.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next