Post by guest7 Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Deserved, needs to stop acting like a idiot, your not a kid anymore Ramos

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

El Matador - Sergio Ramos - Page 7 Empty Re: El Matador - Sergio Ramos

Post by The Sanchez Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:22 am

Goodness me RM fans are saying it serves him justice but IMO the ban is way to harsh. What he said at max deserves 3 match ban not 5 match...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:34 am

For what he did/said? Now if it was a controversial action that would be up for debate then maybe.

But he knows what he said and as a professional he needs to keep his calm considering the waters we're treading right now.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 pm

Real Madrid have had their appeal against Sergio Ramos’ five-match ban rejected by the Appeals Committee.

The defender was handed the suspension the other week after his red card during Madrid’s second leg Last 16 win over Celta Vigo in the Copa del Rey.

Ramos was handed the ban for accumulating yellow cards in the competition, automatically triggering a one-game suspension, picking up the red card and then insulting the match officials in leaving the pitch.

Madrid had contested the decision with the Appeals Committee, arguing that the player’s second yellow and subsequent insults were part of a single failure that should not be punished separately.

However, the Committee has backed up the Competition Committee’s original decision, citing that the absolute minimum penalty Ramos could have received for breaking Article 94 of the RFEF Disciplinary Code was four games.

Madrid’s angle that Ramos’ response to the referee was mitigated as spontaneous was also thrown out.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:25 pm

Doesn't the ban extend when the appeal fail?? I'm pretty sure that's the rule in the PL.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:35 pm

wow that is absolutely absurd.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am

Ramos banned for a match.

Sergio Ramos has been punished with a meeting by the Competition Committee of the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), which also has decided to admonish the Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho Real Madrid .

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:46 am

Shouldn't even be banned after that soft two yellow...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:13 am

The guy has helium for brains. When he's focused he's amazing but it's fcking frustrating watching him act like a complete turd when he loses his head.

Ridiculous from someone who is considered a vice-captain and leader.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:22 am

he is almost 27, when is he going to grow up?

I honestly wouldnt mind if madrid decided to sell him and pepe and bought a defender with some brains.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:37 am

Seriously Ramos should feel really embarrassed. Varane is making him look like a rookie, Rafa is still really raw and yet he looks like the more cultured defender.

Varane-Pepe please. Those two have great chemistry. Ramos can be RB for the rest of the season if he's not too busy getting sent off.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am

@Zealous - Well said.

Deigo Lopze -Varana - Raul Albiol seem to have better understanding than
Iker - Ramos - Pepe

To be fair Albiol deserves more time in the middle than Ramos. Although Pepe is a better option than Albiol.

Ramos should rotate with Arbeloa now as RB.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:04 am

Iker and Sergio have been a source of huge disappointment this season. I think success with Spain has gone to their heads tbh and their behaviour as captains has been underhanded and selfish. They should be putting the club first but it doesn't feel like they are right now.

At least Iker has achieved European success with Madrid though, Ramos doesn't even have that going for him atm.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:16 am

He'll continue to play centre back. I won't bother because he was at fault for the goal against United (though he had a great game otherwise) - but I would trade him and Iker for no one.

The red card was stupid and he said it was stupid. The association has on various occasions clearly administered exorbitant punishments. Whether it be reputation or personal.

He can always acquiesce and take it but I would prefer he didn't.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:27 am

I wouldn't trade them either but we have to hold them to a higher standard.

Both guys have made some bone head decisions on and off the pitch this year and it's really hurt us.

Ramos's season has been average at best. Varane has seriously proved that he can replace him on a number of occasions (even though I think he still needs some improvements but that's a different debate)

This isn't a case of whether Ramos should be moved for the team or tactis or whatever. He is seriously not a starting CB for me on current form. That fact that he looked good at RB against Rayo before he went full retard only adds to that argument.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 am

We have been under the microscope because we haven't been producing results. Ramos and Iker attempted to address that situation and they were antagonized and this coincided with a continued string of poor results. Mourinhio is liable for those results. He failed to organize the team properly whether it be on set pieces or in organizing an attack with the adaptive capacity to win games.

That's where our problems originated.

If you go back to the match against United you'll see a number of crucial tackles or more importantly you'll see him being a main initiator in attack. You go back one game against Sevilla you'll see he put in a great performance. It's not about form and it's certainly not about chemistry .Ramos and Varane occupy their natural positions when they play alongside each other - unlike Pepe and Varane- and on the couple occasions they have played together Pepe has looked shaky because he's not accustomed to having do what's associated with occupying that zone.

It's about the way you've interpreted his behavior off the field this season. Mourinhio has been below average in every department this season and you support him because you think the players are the problem.

So say that.

I believe in the players wholly, they are as talented as they come and he has all the tools he needs at his disposal if he can effectively manage them. So I'm not particularly inclined to agree with that sentiment.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:12 am

I think both the manager and the players have been below par. That's the only thing I'm saying. But this is the Ramos thread and we're discussing Ramos here.

Against United his job isn't to be the initiator in attack, at least that's not a crucial part of his job, his job is to defend his man, this has nothing to do with set piece management or any of that BS because Welbeck manhandled him. The set piece is mainly on him and he knows it and the least he can do is not get sent off in the span of 45 seconds while that error is still fresh in the memory.

Ramos has been erratic this season and Varane has shown that he can be replaced (City, Barca). I hold him to a higher standard because that's how he wants to be treated.

Of course he has all the tools, he's had them since the day he's walked into the club but whenever he takes a step in the right direction when it comes to being a defensive leader he reverts back to old habits. Do you know what journalists call Ramos at Valdebebas? Ballon head, because if you cut his head off it would probably float away. He has a rep for being an idiot despite all that talent and his actions on and off the pitch don't really help his image.

I want him to prove me wrong but like VanDEEZ said he's already 27 and hasn't done enough to quit some of his bad habits.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:18 am

You're higlighting this bullshit red card like it means
something. It wasn't a red card and it's pointless to talk about.

He did his job against United bar the one error. Varane also made errors against United but luckily enough they went unpunished. And when we're at home and we are chasing the game his job is to be attacking initiator especially if Xabi is taken off for Pepe.

If you're trying to say he can and should improve then I agree. If you're trying to say he needs to prove himself or be sold I don't. He's proved himself both as a leader and as defender repeatedly on the biggest stage and he isn't being sold or dropped.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 am

He's proved himself both as a leader and as defender repeatedly on the biggest stage

What big stages you are talking about? The missed penalty against Bayern or stupid man marking against United?

For NT i agree he is great. but for Madrid he is not the same. this season he has been shat.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:03 pm

I'd honestly rather start Lopez and Albiol over Ramos and Iker right now.

Both of them have less egos, and it would cause us alot less drama. And if Milan didn't prove to you yesterday that when you follow your managers tactics and you believe in it, it doesn't matter how much of a quality team you're.

Lopez
Arbeloa - Varane - Albiol - Marcelo
Xabi - Khedira
Di Maria - Özil - Ronaldo
Benzema/Higgy

would be a MUCH more balanced and disciplined team in my opinion and has a much bigger chance of winning the CL than with Iker and Ramos there since they're so stuck up
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Le Samourai wrote:You're higlighting this bullshit red card like it means
something. It wasn't a red card and it's pointless to talk about.

He did his job against United bar the one error. Varane also made errors against United but luckily enough they went unpunished. And when we're at home and we are chasing the game his job is to be attacking initiator especially if Xabi is taken off for Pepe.

If you're trying to say he can and should improve then I agree. If you're trying to say he needs to prove himself or be sold I don't. He's proved himself both as a leader and as defender repeatedly on the biggest stage and he isn't being sold or dropped.

This isn't the first red card Ramos has got. I'll bet everything I own in my life that it won't be his last one either. He's always been a card magnet because he's always been an idiot. Asking him to become smart is like asking the sky to be purple or the air to be visible. He can be a fabulous defender and lord knows he has all the tools bar one. Lack of focus will always hold him back despite him being immaculate in almost everything else.

That one error against United is the difference at this level, it was an error that could have easily been avoided, one that was born out of lack of focus. He'll have to live with the criticisms especially if we get knocked out.

Varane is 19 years old, I'm willing to forgive mistakes he makes even then a part of me feels that Varane would be even better if he had a better preforming CB next to him.

Prove himself on the biggest stage? With who? Because he's yet to win the Champions League with Madrid. His atrocity of a penalty last year will be a comedy skit played over for decades when people discuss choke jobs and before then he's yet to have one stand out game for us in defence in the champions League.

Perhaps for Spain it's been different for him but that doesn't really concern me. His Madrid career has been anything but an example of "proving himself both as a leader and as defender repeatedly on the biggest stage".

Last edited by Zealous on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Se7en wrote:I'd honestly rather start Lopez and Albiol over Ramos and Iker right now.

Both of them have less egos, and it would cause us alot less drama. And if Milan didn't prove to you yesterday that when you follow your managers tactics and you believe in it, it doesn't matter how much of a quality team you're.

Lopez
Arbeloa - Varane - Albiol - Marcelo
Xabi - Khedira
Di Maria - Özil - Ronaldo
Benzema/Higgy

would be a MUCH more balanced and disciplined team in my opinion and has a much bigger chance of winning the CL than with Iker and Ramos there since they're so stuck up

I feel the same way tbh. I'd rather a player who is only concerned with winning a football match. Not politics and backstabbing. Mourinho is a stubborn old man and he's fcked up royally with some issues but players should just leave that to him and just focus on doing what they're told.

I must admit I don't have much trust in Albiol but at the very least he seems like a guy who has his head in the game.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:28 pm

He's proved himself both as a leader and as defender repeatedly on the biggest stage

Ofcourse he is a leader - off the pitch rebellion and a great defender of things he has no business of defending(wearing dropped players shirts).

I mean WTF - Try this in Man U and Sir Alex will cut your balls and make you eat them. remember Beckam & Nistleroy
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:11 am

Nedved wrote:

Ofcourse he is a leader - off the pitch rebellion and a great defender of things he has no business of defending(wearing dropped players shirts).

I mean WTF - Try this in Man U and Sir Alex will cut your balls and make you eat them. remember Beckam & Nistleroy

lol great post.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 am

Its about time he gets shipped off to somewhere else. Fans wanting to start a new era under a new coach? You can start by signing Carvajal and playing him as a rb, with centreback partnership of Pepe-Varane and Marcelo/Coentrao on the left.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:44 pm

We're not selling Ramos. We'd be very stupid to do so. The guy is quite frankly a moron but he's a great footballer and he's our moron. I wouldn't sell him.

He needs to realise that he is not top dog though. He should realise he's not a leader and that he should just leave that to real leaders like Iker, Xabi and Ronaldo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next