rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 22 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Kick Mon May 20, 2019 10:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:I kinda settled in the end with whatever was coming. It was terrible writing but I tried to not let it affect me much.

It was emotional in the end. Specially the stark montage. I absolutely loved the Sansa scene and she was my favourite character over the years so it was really good to see her get what she deserved.

Jon had a bittersweet ending. I mean eventhough the show didn't really make a big deal out of Daenerys dying (everyone kinda forgot) but in the end Jon killed someone he loved and saw his 2nd love die in his arms.

But i think the writing was already there. His relationship with Mance was special (both books and TV show). Everyone just assumed Jon is the heir to the iron throne but i think GRRM always wanted him to be the heir to Mance Ryder. The king beyond the wall. That suits Jon a lot more than King of 7 kingdoms.

Going to miss this show. Not really keen on the spin offs.

Only spin if I'd be for is an Arya west of Westeros adventures one.

As long as they don't go plot heavy and make it more about the characters discovering and adventuring in a new land. I'd be down for that Smile

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 22 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 pm

Sums it up.

After Daenerys died....the episode became a sitcom

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 20, 2019 11:31 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 20, 2019 11:35 pm

M99 wrote:

Better than all the episodes of S8 Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 21, 2019 1:07 am

Freeza wrote:My tier 1 shows of the last 20 years are

The Wire
Fleabag
The Sopranos
The Leftovers
30 Rock

So hard for even the truly great shows to stick a landing, which is why I appreciate all the listed shows. Dexter would've been there if not for the worst ending of any series ever.

You finished watching Fleabag like 4 days ago and already consider it better than GOT? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 21, 2019 3:07 am

Tbh it's no surprise Freeza has awful taste. He ranked Fallout as the best movie of 2018.

30 Rock and Fleabag in his top 5 all time Laughing

I can't take seriously any list without Breaking Bad.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 21, 2019 3:20 am

Don't call me James wrote:Tbh it's no surprise Freeza has awful taste. He ranked Fallout as the best movie of 2018.

Don't worry, you don't have to, he's been the local jest for a while.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 21, 2019 4:49 am

I think I may have been too non-American to truly appreciate 30 Rock but it had clever moments. No idea a series called Fleabag was in existence but it looks good.

All in all, GoT is still being missed.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 21, 2019 7:25 am

M99 wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
M99 wrote:Oberyn's death was not just for shock value. It had a purpose in the story. The Dorne storyline starts because of it. But D&D decided to change Doran into a weakling who wants no war or vengeance and scrapped his daughter because they liked Indira Varma and wanted her to take a bigger role. And then after the backlash they quickly killed off the storyline in one episode and focused on the Ironborn (Doran's actor said he was originally supposed to be in six episodes in season 6 and writers said they had to choose between Ironborn and Done in season 5). GRRM does not go for shock value for nothing. It was up to the writers to replace the characters killed with interesting characters but Elia, Sand Snakes, Euron were just horribly written.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyanTVqlJ2o

They literally said they chose Arya instead of Jon because it would be more of a surprise, and in season 5 they said they had Sansa get raped because it would be more "shocking"

Its not just new characters that were bad. Existing characters went to shit too. Jaime was Cersei's lapdog, Littlefinger stopped being smart, Varys became boring, and Tyrion went to "I drink and I know things"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2segM3PA6AI

Sand snakes and euron suck in the books too, just point out. They might turn good or might not, but they're pretty cartoony there too

Disagree on Euron. And I'm not in the minority either, he's a fan favorite. Even the actor came out and said he wished he was like the book Euron.

Sand Snakes, yes they totally come off as anime characters but the little we saw of them they are much better than their show counterparts. At least their dialogue was not shitty. Besides they were really not main chars, it was Arianne and Doran. Writers decided to scrap one character and totally change the other.

Euron in the books is basically a comic book villain, evil magical pirate guy with an eye patch lol. Sure that‘s still better than what we got in the show but not much better.

The reason why the last two books suck is because GRRM introduced these characters and wanted to expand the world instead of trying to come to a conclusion. Not sure how GRRM thought it would be great writing to kill Tywin, Catelyn, Robb, Joffrey, The Hound etc in ASOS, only to replace them with these over the top characters who don‘t fit this story.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 am

Don't call me James wrote:Tbh it's no surprise Freeza has awful taste. He ranked Fallout as the best movie of 2018.

I don't see how that's a worse opinion than calling The Wire shit without watching it.

Saying Rick and Morty was shit because "Cartoons rofl "

You have Dragged Across concrete as your top film and you want to hate on MI: Fallout?

What about my taste is terrible for liking the most popular action film since Fury Road?

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 21, 2019 9:04 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Freeza wrote:My tier 1 shows of the last 20 years are

The Wire
Fleabag
The Sopranos
The Leftovers
30 Rock

So hard for even the truly great shows to stick a landing, which is why I appreciate all the listed shows. Dexter would've been there if not for the worst ending of any series ever.

You finished watching Fleabag like 4 days ago and already consider it better than GOT? hmm

Watched it twice now. Pretty small show so it's hard to compare really. But for my personally it's right up there. The way season 1 deals with guilt and depression and handles it with humour is very personal to me, and I think she wrote it perfectly.

That it finished on top without dragging on too long is also a major plus for me.

@Kaladin
Great way to act. Never once said a negative thing about you, so I'd appreciate if you actually addressed whichever problem you've got with me.

In regards to Breaking Bad, I've addressed close to a 100 times that it was incredibly written, well made etc. I just didn't like the characters, felt idolisation of Walter White was weird as fuck and often misguided.
I think it's a great show, but it wasn't for me, and I've recognised multiple times I'm the odd man out here.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue May 21, 2019 11:08 am

Watched the finale today. Just another nail in the coffin of a once tremendous show turned mediocre by a couple of uninspired writers.

It's really a shame because if they had done this season justice, the show could've sealed its place as the greatest show of all-time. But now, it certainly has lost that claim with such a mediocre season.

I can't help but think how season 8 would have been if the writing was as good as the earlier seasons.

What a disappointing end!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 am

It's hard to keep to the same job for 9 years and deliver on the same level. I think Benioff is an incredible writer, but I can see why they'd be burned out after 9 years of doing nothing else besides this show, which is why a change is often good.

I think Cogman should've probably taken over at some point. Episode 2 of this season was one of my five favourites of the entire season. Seems like he was much more passionate at the end.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 21, 2019 1:17 pm

Episode 2 is one of fav eps of all time. Thats what I felt when I watched it at least, after ep 3 it hindsight it went down a bit.

HBO was ready to offer them 10 seasons but D&D refused. It really feels like they wanted to end it so they could work on Star Wars. It would have been much better if they gave the series to Cogman and left after season 6.

@Freeza don't take ES so seriously lol. This is the same guy that said "no wonder Tito got cancer" and calls Firenze a jester every half an hour. Its just banter.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 pm

None of these would make it into my top 5 lol
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 21, 2019 3:41 pm

Freeza wrote:
@Kaladin
Great way to act. Never once said a negative thing about you, so I'd appreciate if you actually addressed whichever problem you've got with me.

Its banter
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Freeza wrote:
@Kaladin

Its banter

Sad

I need a job. Too hurt by the banter
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 21, 2019 8:04 pm

Nah i'm just messing with you <3
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue May 21, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm glad this show has ended. I personally don't think D&D taking HBO's offer of 2 extra episodes would've made a difference given that the show has been declining for 4 whole seasons now. 2 episodes wouldn't have changed that.

Now GRRM can finally finish Winds of Winter in relative peace. It's not even in development yet and already a lot hinges on the Naomi Watts-led prequel that he'll be creating with Jane Goldman. That show will set the tone for a post-GOT world we're living in when it premieres along with the other spin-off that may (or may not) happen.

If anything, I am now very worried for the Star Wars universe given that's where D&D are heading next.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 21, 2019 9:06 pm

So

unsure whether I should actually watch this last season

should I?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Why are you always late to a GoT season? Also, yes, finish it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 21, 2019 10:24 pm

Doc wrote:Why are you always late to a GoT season? Also, yes, finish it.

I'm always slightly late, yeah, because I like to watch it quickly an not wait a week for an episode, but I'm actually surprised this is over already. How many episodes has it been, 6? 8? Certainly not ten.

Anyway, I'll watch it.

I already know how it ends anyway, with the white walkers marching menacingly, and then we see a closeup of the the White Walker chieftain looking on, and we're supposed to be scared even though every single of the last 6 seasons ended the exact same way, with the white walkers marching menacingly and their King looking on, and so quite obviously the white walkers seem to be marching really, really, really slowly, far too slowly to be getting anywhere tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 21, 2019 10:29 pm

It's quite hard to rate top 5 shows when you have seen so many tbh

Nothing wrong with Freeza's list. It's his list.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 21, 2019 11:09 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
M99 wrote:Disagree on Euron. And I'm not in the minority either, he's a fan favorite. Even the actor came out and said he wished he was like the book Euron.

Sand Snakes, yes they totally come off as anime characters but the little we saw of them they are much better than their show counterparts. At least their dialogue was not shitty. Besides they were really not main chars, it was Arianne and Doran. Writers decided to scrap one character and totally change the other.

Euron in the books is basically a comic book villain, evil magical pirate guy with an eye patch lol. Sure that‘s still better than what we got in the show but not much better.

The reason why the last two books suck is because GRRM introduced these characters and wanted to expand the world instead of trying to come to a conclusion. Not sure how GRRM thought it would be great writing to kill Tywin, Catelyn, Robb, Joffrey, The Hound etc in ASOS, only to replace them with these over the top characters who don‘t fit this story.

Yeah exactly. There was anything deep about him, there were certainly mysterious things about him but nothing to suggest that he will turn into a GOAT character like some people here act. Might be biased as I hated the Iron Islands subplot (THREE new POVS George! Come one, show some discipline!), which people either generally hated or found good for comic relief, but no one really liked.

The actor wishing we got Book Euron doesn't make Book Euron good, just better than the show, which ain't much.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 pm

McLewis wrote:I'm glad this show has ended. I personally don't think D&D taking HBO's offer of 2 extra episodes would've made a difference given that the show has been declining for 4 whole seasons now. 2 episodes wouldn't have changed that.

Agreed that 2 episodes wouldn't have made a difference, but they got offered 2 full 10 episode seasons, bringing the last 13 episodes to 20. I think 7 episodes could've made a difference. If they wanted to move on to other projects they should've just passed the baton to Brian Cogman who could've done it right.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 22, 2019 12:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
M99 wrote:Disagree on Euron. And I'm not in the minority either, he's a fan favorite. Even the actor came out and said he wished he was like the book Euron.

Yeah exactly. There was anything deep about him, there were certainly mysterious things about him but nothing to suggest that he will turn into a GOAT character like some people here act. Might be biased as I hated the Iron Islands subplot (THREE new POVS George! Come one, show some discipline!), which people either generally hated or found good for comic relief, but no one really liked.

The actor wishing we got Book Euron doesn't make Book Euron good, just better than the show, which ain't much.

https://thehawke.github.io/twow-excerpts/chapters/forsaken.html

This chapter sold me on Euron. He is terrifying. Far more than Ramsay even.

Fascinating, intelligent and absolutely unhinged. I can't wait to see more of him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next