Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
Jay29
M99
49 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Ajax vs Spurs

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Vote_lcap75%2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 12 ]
2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Vote_lcap25%2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 09, 2019 7:07 am

Wtf, I watched some of the first half last night and at HT went to sleep thinking its all over, again 3-0 lead and get turned over, amazing, Wow Very Happy

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs

Post by Jay29 Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 am

For all of Ajax's nice football, in the end, they couldn't deal with a big target man. People shit on direct football but even in this day and age, it still works. Your ball-playing centre back isn't much good if he can't get off the ground to challenge for a header, or put a tall striker off enough so he can't bring others into play. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I wonder if this approach will make something of a comeback soon, since it seems a workable way of avoiding a high press.

Besides that, Ajax let their fear get the best of them at 2-2. They dropped deep to protect the aggregate lead but that just allowed Llorente to be closer to their penalty area and a bigger threat. It was an understandable reaction given how the match was going, but it was disappointing that the bravery they showed throughout the knockout stages abandoned them when it mattered the most.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 09, 2019 8:08 am

Football can't be going any worse at the moment.

We'll probably lose the EL final too while we're at it, that's if Valencia don't make a stunning comeback against us before that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 09, 2019 8:16 am

Yep, was gonna say this same about the football style, with all the passing and controlling, which Ajax clearly were better at, same as Barca, etc., of course, when it matters the most, its goals that team, and time and again, oppositions go direct and gamble in these knock out games towards the end to just pump balls and players forward. Not a time for control and cool passing since it can be too difficult when the momentum is against u like that. Just goes to show no style is perfect, and its best to have a mix and plan B like Spurs have.

Liverpool and Spurs both made it without their best players, amazing spirit. Im sure the bookies are happy they must have made tons of money in this CL Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 09, 2019 8:57 am

Doc wrote:Two Barcelona fans trying to be Spurs fans. Ugh. Liverpool needs to end this facade...

Thats not me, Eriksen is the only Spurs player I admire. Ultimately I prefer Liverpool to win. But Spurs have been great, they deserve to be where they are so not gonna hate on that.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 am

Heartbreaking.

But in the end it was still a great run and will be a great season if we go on to win the league.

At the start of the season we didn't even know if we'd make it to the group stage and once we did that our single goal was to survive the group stage.
To think we so nearly reached the FINAL of the Champions League is insane. Before this season I honestly thought it just couldn't happen anymore these days - not just talking about us but any team not from a top league. Especially the way it happened, not just somehow surviving with lots of luck but actually deserving it.

I think today was a tactical blunder of sorts or maybe it was just in the heads of the players (we just cannot sit back and thus we should never ever try to do it) but after a run like that I just can't blame anyone. I don't even remember the last time I felt so much excitement about games the last time.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 09, 2019 10:51 am

That Night King theme Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu May 09, 2019 11:01 am

M99 wrote:

That Night King theme Laughing

Zigra sounds nothing like I imagined. hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 09, 2019 11:38 am

Myesyats wrote:
Doc wrote:Two Barcelona fans trying to be Spurs fans. Ugh. Liverpool needs to end this facade...

Thats not me, Eriksen is the only Spurs player I admire. Ultimately I prefer Liverpool to win. But Spurs have been great, they deserve to be where they are so not gonna hate on that.

It's BC and cBarca lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu May 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Ajax are as arrogant as their sister club Barca. I am so happy for Spurs and I have been rooting for them in this tie.

As Mourinho says, they can watch the final with their 'philosophy' from home.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Adit wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:That may be true, but if you didn't feel for Ajax after the match with all their players absolutely destroyed then you have a trash can for a heart
you are basically pulling a Buffon here.

We'll... Yeah. On purpose.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 09, 2019 8:41 pm

iftikhar wrote:So Ajax it is then hmm
Firenze wrote:game over

Lucifer wrote:2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Tenor
danyjr wrote:Time for Pochettino to think about the far more important next game against Everton tbh. Sub the important players out already, this tie is over.

And no I'm not trying to reverse jinx.

You want to know what went wrong last night, look no further than this abundance of reckless, irresponsible behaviour on display here. No self restraint, no due diligence whatsoever.
I leave you kids alone for ONE NIGHT and this is what you do.
I'm not here to clean up after you, everything goes to shit

I can't believe you guys.
How are you going to be able to look @zigra in the eye after this?

@Thimmy is following me around obnoxiusly wondering why I post the same thing over and over again, well, there is a reason ffs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri May 10, 2019 7:51 am

Hansy drunken rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri May 10, 2019 8:05 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
iftikhar wrote:So Ajax it is then hmm
Firenze wrote:game over

Lucifer wrote:2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Tenor
danyjr wrote:Time for Pochettino to think about the far more important next game against Everton tbh. Sub the important players out already, this tie is over.

And no I'm not trying to reverse jinx.

You want to know what went wrong last night, look no further than this abundance of reckless, irresponsible behaviour on display here. No self restraint, no due diligence whatsoever.
I leave you kids alone for ONE NIGHT and this is what you do.
I'm not here to clean up after you, everything goes to shit

I can't believe you guys.
How are you going to be able to look @zigra in the eye after this?

@Thimmy is following me around obnoxiusly wondering why I post the same thing over and over again, well, there is a reason ffs.

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: Ajax vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Page 16 Tenor

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16