farfan
Kaladin
The Demon of Carthage
Collblanc
Myesyats
49 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich - Page 9 Empty Re: Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:48 am

Wow barca booboys take that L and move on lol, no need to be upset with the kid

You will have a another season of winning the league and being humiliated in CL next year anyway, allow it

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich - Page 9 Empty Re: Mathijs de Ligt to Bayern Munich

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:52 am

lmao that butthurt from Barca fans as diverse as @harmonica and @futbol

1. Nothing's decided yet, calm down

2. A bit rich to call other clubs' players mercenaries when your club has the highest wage bill in world football, by far Laughing

while Barca fans tell themselves all those guys love to play for Barca for free Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:08 am

Another season of Lenglet and Pique. Gotta feel for the Barca fans.

No worries, Ernie will probably sign some La Liga scrub like Inigo Martinez
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:03 am

Butthurt over a 19 year old defensive talent from Holland who played 1 pro season and is demanding 15 million net. rofl

Unlike you plebs I don't fall for hypes like this.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:06 am

You know, Barcelona latest acquisitions have been a bit under par but there is a far better chance of De Ligt being developed better with Barcelona than at PSG. Dembele is mostly due to injuries which can be a flurry of reasons and any time Malcon started, he legit performed so I suspect that's on Valverde.

Anyway, I say his chance of developing is greater at Barcelona due to the fact I consider Barcelona a far superior run club (sporting wise, not sure about financial) and even more importantly: La Liga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ligue 1 and I say that knowing full well Sport may not agree (or maybe he would).

I don't blame Barca fans for totting feelings about a non signing. Took me all of never to recover from us missing out on Dinho and Neymar.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:15 am

Neymar is a different story as talent-wise he is the best after Messi/Ronaldo. PSG ruined him, that's another story.

De Ligt is just another hyped defender which comes around every 2 or 3 years and none of them even maintain their hyped levels. Look at all those defensive talents who were supposedly the dog's bollocks in the past 5 years alone: Hummels, Boateng, Marquinhos, Varane, Umtiti, VVD, Laporte.

Would have to be literally Maldini to deserve 15 million a year as a 19 year old defender (meaning that he'll get 20 million with 23 and towards 30 million in his late 20s). PSG is the perfect destination for that.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:20 am

To be fair, Hans thinks Hummels is top 5 defender of all time on his day. Just felt like writing this.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:25 am

La Liga is better than Ligue 1 obviously...  but there's nothing wrong with PSG.  They're plenty ambitious and are competitive at the elite level in Europe.  Only issue is that Ligue 1 is too easy for them other than Monaco one year.

Tuchel is a much better coach imo and he would be guaranteed to start at PSG.  Those are the sporting points in their favor.

Also, these are professional footballers...  i.e. they play for money...  i.e. they want to get paid the most possible for what they do like everyone else.  Nothing wrong with that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:lmao that butthurt from Barca fans as diverse as @harmonica and @futbol

1. Nothing's decided yet, calm down

2. A bit rich to call other clubs' players mercenaries when your club has the highest wage bill in world football, by far Laughing

while Barca fans tell themselves all those guys love to play for Barca for free Laughing
I read that barca have to take loans to pay their players rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:31 am

Perucho21 wrote:Another season of Lenglet and Pique. Gotta feel for the Barca fans.

No worries, Ernie will probably sign some La Liga scrub like Inigo Martinez

No need to feel for us. Both of them had excellent seasons.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 am

sportsczy wrote:La Liga is better than Ligue 1 obviously...  but there's nothing wrong with PSG.  They're plenty ambitious and are competitive at the elite level in Europe.  Only issue is that Ligue 1 is too easy for them other than Monaco one year.

Tuchel is a much better coach imo and he would be guaranteed to start at PSG.  Those are the sporting points in their favor.

Also, these are professional footballers...  i.e. they play for money...  i.e. they want to get paid the most possible for what they do like everyone else.  Nothing wrong with that.

That is basically what it boils down to. Looking at PSG if you strip away some of the BS it's one of the best moves.. Ridiculous pay, guaranteed starter, good coach, guaranteed league titles, potential CL with all the investment they throw into the club. It's really not bad from that perspective. He's not going to get that anywhere else.

The downside is he is basically held hostage but he is young enough to run down his contract and still be a young CB prospect for the next elite club of the time (RM, Barca, Bayern what have you).

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 am

Kaladin wrote:Marquinhos and Verratti moved to PSGat young ages and seem to have done well for themselves so far, i'm inclined to think that de Ligt will be fine
They were both rated higher when they moved there than right now...

The issue I think is that if you want to be a top player you need to play against the best. That means playing in England or Spain. You don't get that in the French league playing for a team that can steamroll everyone with their subs, it's not as challenging.

Think he should join Moucastle personally. Now there's a challenge.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am

Verratti?  You can't be serious.  He was playing at Pescara and his claim to fame was Juventus were interested (they decided not to move forward because the fee ended being over 10 mil).  Pescara was a Serie B team when he played for them.

He was a very good young prospect at a time where U20 players were exactly that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:La Liga is better than Ligue 1 obviously...  but there's nothing wrong with PSG.  They're plenty ambitious and are competitive at the elite level in Europe.  Only issue is that Ligue 1 is too easy for them other than Monaco one year.

Just asking how would he be 'guaranteed' to start? I know Marquinhos play DM these days but he is still a CB and is young. And theres another prospect in Kimpembe who is also highly rated and he is French. Plus theres Thiago Silva ofc.
I dont think the situation is that much different wrt playing time as is with Barca tbh. Heck, it even can be worse in that regard as PSG has better central defenders than Barca player by player.
So, on merit alone, he is nowhere near to be said to be a 'guaranteed' starter. If he is going to be, then it will be cos of other reasons like the high wages he is going to earn.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:47 pm

I just realise Sports said "competitive at the elite level in Europe". Competitive teams actually make at least the QFs consistently and/or not lose to a Utd side that contained some guys named Greenwood, Mctominay and Chong. I mean, they compete in Europe like they are obligated to do every season but competitive is a bit of a stretch.

As for Tuchel being a better coach, um, probably but Valverde has won at Athletic and Barcelona so maybe there is an argument there but I personally would stick with "probably".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:53 pm

Glory wrote:

Just asking how would he be 'guaranteed' to start? I know Marquinhos play DM these days but he is still a CB and is young. And theres another prospect in Kimpembe who is also highly rated and he is French. Plus theres Thiago Silva ofc.
I dont think the situation is that much different wrt playing time as is with Barca tbh. Heck, it even can be worse in that regard as PSG has better central defenders than Barca player by player.
So, on merit alone, he is nowhere near to be said to be a 'guaranteed' starter. If he is going to be, then it will be cos of other reasons like the high wages he is going to earn.
he would be a guaranteed starter lol
merit? he will be a guranteed starter because the management will say so

Thiago Silva is a cry baby the club wants to move away from and Kimpembe is not very good and people are starting to catch up on that in france.

Teh future for them is Marquinhos-Deligt/new CB, specially if they can sign a new DM. If not, Kimpembe will just replace thiago silva when he is injured
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

@Nick... Maqrquinhos is permanently moved to DM for PSG.  They want DeLigt to pair up with Silva next season. When Silva goes, my guess is Kehrer takes his spot.

For now through, Kehrer is moved to RB and Kimpembe becomes the 3rd CB.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Glory wrote:

he would be a guaranteed starter lol
merit? he will be a guranteed starter because the management will say so

Thiago Silva is a cry baby the club wants to move away from and Kimpembe is not very good and people are starting to catch up on that in france.

Teh future for them is Marquinhos-Deligt/new CB, specially if they can sign a new DM. If not, Kimpembe will just replace thiago silva when he is injured

Yea like Barca is going to 'move away' from Pique, right?
Now I dont know about any developing Thiago Silva transfer sagas. (So, correct me if I am wrong)

But if its just pure guess that a club will simply shun a player because he has gotten old to make way for a new kid, then I dont think so. It doesnt work that way. Its just pure fan fantasy. Especially if the said player is still playing nearly 40 games a season and is the club captain. Thiago Silva must be one of the most respected individuals in that dressing room. Even a club so plastic and abominable as PSG will never dare to pull off a stunt like that I am certain.

However knowing PSG they will surely convince him he would be a starter. But the one who will bear the brunt is going to be Kimpembe and not Silva.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:59 pm

What you miss is that PSG are not barca, Thiago Silva is not Pique.

This is a non issue, you are being delusional is you think PSG will sign De Ligt and will not guarantee that he starts, I don't have time to debate things like this
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:08 pm

Ofc they will guarantee lol Where did I say they wouldnt? I only raised a doubt that whether he deserves to be a guaranteed starter considering the players they have got.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:33 pm

Deserve? This doesn't exist in sports, you get what you can leverage. Right now he is leveraging himself into a guaranteed starter at PSG, it's all that matter
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:48 pm

Clearly he just choose the easy way, like everyone who signs for PSG, a wannabe cool club, in 2 years he'll seek for a new challenge.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 am

Doc wrote:I just realise Sports said "competitive at the elite level in Europe". Competitive teams actually make at least the QFs consistently and/or not lose to a Utd side that contained some guys named Greenwood, Mctominay and Chong. I mean, they compete in Europe like they are obligated to do every season but competitive is a bit of a stretch.

As for Tuchel being a better coach, um, probably but Valverde has won at Athletic and Barcelona so maybe there is an argument there but I personally would stick with "probably".

I think PSG made QFs 4 times in a row or something like that recently.  QF is not the challenge for them most often.  It's the SFs they haven't made... and they should have made a couple if not for numptiness.

Madrid and Barca knocked them out early in elimination rounds recently.  Should have beat Barca as we all know.  Man U was a bad one... should have beat them to.

Point is that, other than Barca and Madrid, they're never the underdog in a game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:08 am

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Can't possibly be true. We're not after another expensive CB.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Seems strange that Madrid wasnt in on De Ligt since the beginning
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next