PlayStation 5

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 8 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Arquitecto on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm

So the specs are presented.

Can anyone summarise which ones are better between the XBOX and PS5?

It'll help me decide which console to get because unlike the mass amounts of losers who have allegiance to a company, I literally could not give a fuck.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:59 pm

Two of the Game Directors on TLOU part 2 seem really excited about the PS5.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:55 pm

@Arquitecto wrote:So the specs are presented.

It'll help me decide which console to get because unlike the mass amounts of losers who have allegiance to a company, I literally could not give a fuck.

Wish I knew, myself, but I have no clue what these specs mean, or how substantial they are in difference. For now, I’m leaning towards the PS. It’ll probably stay that way, unless the Xbox provides a better experience, overall.

Generally speaking, I think Microsoft really need to work on their exclusive games, or lack thereof, if they want to pull consumers from Sony. They hardly seem to be trying, in that regard.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:35 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

tbh im not clued up about computer components but im wondering why they are so excited about a hard drive. i would have thought cpu and gpu would have been to main things in a games console. can you clue me in about why they are excited about it.

BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:59 pm

@Unique wrote:

tbh im not clued up about computer components but im wondering why they are so excited about a hard drive. i would have thought cpu and gpu would have been to main things in a games console. can you clue me in about why they are excited about it.

To put it in layman's terms: SSDs are extremely fast storage drives. this would completely nullify loading times, making seamless transitions possible in video games.

Open world games could theoretically benefit greatly from SSDs.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:08 pm

@Pedram wrote:
@Unique wrote:

To put it in layman's terms: SSDs are extremely fast storage drives. this would completely nullify loading times, making seamless transitions possible in video games.

Open world games could theoretically benefit greatly from SSDs.
thanks bro Thumbs up

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto on Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:15 pm

@Thimmy wrote:

Wish I knew, myself, but I have no clue what these specs mean, or how substantial they are in difference. For now, I’m leaning towards the PS. It’ll probably stay that way, unless the Xbox provides a better experience, overall.

Generally speaking, I think Microsoft really need to work on their exclusive games, or lack thereof, if they want to pull consumers from Sony. They hardly seem to be trying, in that regard.

From what I have understood.

Xbox is more powerful and impressive yet their lack of exclusives is easily their weakness.

Reminds me of how it was during XBOX v PS2 days though not as bad as it is now for Microsoft.

I am a whore for graphics and potential power so will lean towards what works better even if PS5 technically will be easier to work with, for devs.

Arquitecto
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:14 am

UPDATE: A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/03/18/unveiling-new-details-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:44 am

@RealGunner wrote:UPDATE: A quick update on backward compatibility – With all of the amazing games in PS4’s catalog, we’ve devoted significant efforts to enable our fans to play their favorites on PS5. We believe that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable on PS5.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/03/18/unveiling-new-details-of-playstation-5-hardware-technical-specs/

so not ps3 games then Sad

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:54 am

There isn't anything on PS3 which is worth playing on PS5 tbh. If a game is popular it will eventually be ported or remade

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 pm

@RealGunner wrote:There isn't anything on PS3 which is worth playing on PS5 tbh. If a game is popular it will eventually be ported or remade

Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, GTA 4, Max Payne 3, RDR1, MGS4, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect Trilogy, Resistance Trilogy, FIFA 12, inFamous 1+2 and Demon Souls are the ones I can think of right now. All of them have good chances of being ported/remastered with the exception of the Rockstar and Bethesda games. Demon Souls will get a full on remake. Some recent trademark filings point to Vanquish+Bayonetta and the original Nier being remastered for PS4.

#JUSTICE4PlayStation 5 - Page 8 Lulcas11PlayStation 5 - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBPlayStation 5 - Page 8 ZidanePlayStation 5 - Page 8 SmurffPlayStation 5 - Page 8 GhelyonPlayStation 5 - Page 8 Hungry_boyPlayStation 5 - Page 8 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:33 pm

@M99 wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:There isn't anything on PS3 which is worth playing on PS5 tbh. If a game is popular it will eventually be ported or remade

Elder Scrolls Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, GTA 4, Max Payne 3, RDR1, MGS4, Dragon Age Origins, Mass Effect Trilogy, Resistance Trilogy, FIFA 12, inFamous 1+2 and Demon Souls are the ones I can think of right now. All of them have good chances of being ported/remastered with the exception of the Rockstar and Bethesda games. Demon Souls will get a full on remake. Some recent trademark filings point to Vanquish+Bayonetta and the original Nier being remastered for PS4.

Yea can definitely see most of them ported/remade and it's one of the reasons sony have always been hesitant with backwards compatibility. It's not great from business point of view. More money with re-releasing them.

I hope we get a new inFamous game on PS5 though. Might depend on how well ghost of fukishima does.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:08 pm

I probably wouldn't replay any of those games except for Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Red Dead I've played like 5 times and the rest i have no interest in replaying.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Fallout games for me.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique on Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:12 pm

i also like the dead space games.

BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm

AdoredTV always has the best analyze about computer tech. Conclusion, Xbox has clearly better specs. But of course the most important thing is the games, what you enjoy. I've never been interested in a single console exclusive, other than GT, and that's why I've never had one since pirate 8bit Nintendo.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 pm

@Harmonica wrote:

AdoredTV always has the best analyze about computer tech. Conclusion, Xbox has clearly better specs. But of course the most important thing is the games, what you enjoy. I've never been interested in a single console exclusive, other than GT, and that's why I've never had one since pirate 8bit Nintendo.

I get the impression that it’s more complicated than the Xbox being more powerful = better, though. One publisher described the comparison as power vs potential. I’ve seen a lot of «power vs speed» as well. It seems like the Playstation is easier for developers to work with, has faster loading speeds, and has been mentioned as having advantages over the xbox that are difficult to put into words, but may become more apparent and more substantial in the future.

Despite Xbox having the power advantage, the so called experts seem reluctant to call it the better console, which they had no problems doing during the PS3/Xbox 360 era. I’d be willing to jump to Xbox if it turns out to be a substantially better console, but as usual, exclusive games hold more weight than console specs as long as the latter isn’t head and heels above the competitor.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:41 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:

I get the impression that it’s more complicated than the Xbox being more powerful = better, though. One publisher described the comparison as power vs potential. I’ve seen a lot of «power vs speed» as well. It seems like the Playstation is easier for developers to work with, has faster loading speeds, and has been mentioned as having advantages over the xbox that are difficult to put into words, but may become more apparent and more substantial in the future.

Despite Xbox having the power advantage, the so called experts seem reluctant to call it the better console, which they had no problems doing during the PS3/Xbox 360 era. I’d be willing to jump to Xbox if it turns out to be a substantially better console, but as usual, exclusive games hold more weight than console specs as long as the latter isn’t head and heels above the competitor.
True, in the end it depends on the developers and how well they can take an advantage of the tech. Nobody knows it yet. But the GPU is clearly better in XBOX, and having used SSD's more than a decade, I don't see PS5 tying the performance disadvantage with it. AdoredTV gives one reason for PS5 having such an inferior GPU, maybe Sony didn't expect RDNA2 to be such a big jump from RDNA, efficiency wise (50%).

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 pm

The PS3 was clearly more technologically advanced than the Xbox 360 as well, but developers hated working with it, and very few of them managed to squeeze the potential out of it - and they only did so during the final year of that console generation, if I remember correctly.

That generation of consoles, consequently allowed Microsoft and Xbox to catch up with Sony’s Playstation, and I think most of us would agree that Xbox 360 provided the better experience, overall. It will be interesting to see how the upcoming consoles compare to each other, a few years from now, when the toilet paper isles are hopefully re-stocked and stacked again.

World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:58 pm

Xbox One X is also more powerful than the P4 Pro but it means jackshit because of Sony's superior exclusives.

#JUSTICE4PlayStation 5 - Page 8 Lulcas11PlayStation 5 - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Qm5HNgjLaUFoxTrAByV_TPaXaTm9kcWgsyrtiDOv7FlsWYRBPlayStation 5 - Page 8 ZidanePlayStation 5 - Page 8 SmurffPlayStation 5 - Page 8 GhelyonPlayStation 5 - Page 8 Hungry_boyPlayStation 5 - Page 8 Lol-sign

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 pm

A lot of developers seem really high on the PS5 not just from a raw power perspective but because they believe the SSD in the PS5 is built in such a way is removing bottlenecks they've had to work around for decades.

They're basically saying faster loading is an incredibly ignorant of looking at it and quite frankly I'd rather listen to actual developers than Youtube experts tbh.

Basically if Developers are excited to make games for the system, I'm excited to play them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:13 pm

@Thimmy wrote:The PS3 was clearly more technologically advanced than the Xbox 360 as well, but developers hated working with it, and very few of them managed to squeeze the potential out of it - and they only did so during the final year of that console generation, if I remember correctly.

That generation of consoles, consequently allowed Microsoft and Xbox to catch up with Sony’s Playstation, and I think most of us would agree that Xbox 360 provided the better experience, overall. It will be interesting to see how the upcoming consoles compare to each other, a few years from now, when the toilet paper isles are hopefully re-stocked and stacked again.
That's true too, but I think this is different situation. Back then 7 CPU cores was unheard of even in desktops, this gen Sony and Microsoft are basically using the same, PC tech. GPU wise I think Xbox will be well ahead, given the same development work.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:19 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:A lot of developers seem really high on the PS5 not just from a raw power perspective but because they believe the SSD in the PS5 is built in such a way is removing bottlenecks they've had to work around for decades.

They're basically saying faster loading is an incredibly ignorant of looking at it and quite frankly I'd rather listen to actual developers than Youtube experts tbh.

Basically if Developers are excited to make games for the system, I'm excited to play them.
What it's about, is able to stream game space from SSD, rather than RAM. But I don't see that as a big deal, because Xbox has a SSD, although half the bandwidth. What console SSD is great for, is the overall evolution for games, which have been bottlenecked to this point with HDD's.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:00 pm

@Harmonica wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:The PS3 was clearly more technologically advanced than the Xbox 360 as well, but developers hated working with it, and very few of them managed to squeeze the potential out of it - and they only did so during the final year of that console generation, if I remember correctly.

That's true too, but I think this is different situation. Back then 7 CPU cores was unheard of even in desktops, this gen Sony and Microsoft are basically using the same, PC tech. GPU wise I think Xbox will be well ahead, given the same development work.
Are they both using a variation of AMD Radeon Navi for GPU?

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:27 am

@danyjr wrote:
@Harmonica wrote:

Are they both using a variation of AMD Radeon Navi for GPU?
They will both use the next generation AMD PC GPU architecture, RDNA2. Navi is the codename of current RDNA architecture GPU's, which I currently own (5700 XT). It's the first time consoles and PC's will use the same tech, in both CPU's and GPU's. Both will have a tweaked version of the PC counterparts, probably differences in how the memory is handled etc. Xbox version will be bigger and faster version of the chip though than PS5 version.

For me as PC gamer the most exiting news is the use of same tech, because eventually that will benefit the game development the most. Faster loading and streaming from SSD tech, and more parallel processor workloads for having 8(16) core CPU's.

Another exiting thing for me is the power of the next gen consoles overall, GPU's are actually faster than what I currently have. That means the next gen PC GPU's will probably finally push that 4k to 120 fps on average.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Yeah the architecture has been moving closer to PC's since last generation and this generation is where they're almost the same.

It will save developers a lot of time when porting between consoles and PC and also optimising for each machine. Not to mention the software will be using multiple cores so I might finally see my CPU working at more than 30% capacity FFS Laughing

I must say while I'm pleasantly surprised by the raw power of these consoles I will be very surprised if they come cheap, not to mention there will be a hardware upgrade version of them 5 years down the line.

Last edited by danyjr on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum: