PlayStation 5

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:57 am

Wonder if PS5 itself might be delayed? Has it happened before?



RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Posts : 85479
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:33 pm

@RealGunner wrote:Wonder if PS5 itself might be delayed? Has it happened before?




I don't think so, consoles are usually worked on years ahead of time so stuff like delays are usually very unlikely.

Game development is a lot more volatile.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Wasn't the PS3 delayed a bit?

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 30781
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Was it? I don't remember because i ignored PS3s existence for years because of the dumn price.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Firenze on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:52 pm

it had a staggered released I think due to manufacturing issues?

I just remember planning on getting it at launch and eventually getting a 360 instead because the EU launch was months after the NA one
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 31312
Join date : 2012-04-24

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:55 pm

Oh yeah i remember now, staggered launches isn't that unusual.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by RealGunner on Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:36 pm

PS3's launch price was a real lesson for Sony lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 85479
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Unique on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:43 pm

ps3 and ps4 were in very short supply when they came out. i remember the shops only had like 10 units each or something. a friend of my son worked in argos and sold 2 pre ordered ps4 to me that was meant for other people otherwise i would not have got any for christmas at the time.

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18023
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Unique on Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:46 pm

any news yet on the ps5 being ps3 backward compatible

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18023
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by RealGunner on Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:21 pm

yea it's rumoured to be backward compatible to ps1, ps2, ps3 and ps4

remain to be seen though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 85479
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Warrior on Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:16 pm

I'm still on ps3, so it would be nice What a Face
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5645
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Here's what we know: Sony applied for a patent to play PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games.

What we don't know: Whether they actually plan to use it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Unique on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:13 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Here's what we know: Sony applied for a patent to play PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games.

What we don't know: Whether they actually plan to use it.
why would sony need a patent to play there own games on there own console scratch

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18023
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:16 pm

The patent isn't for the games itself, it's for the technology they're using to run those games digitally.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Unique on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:52 pm

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The patent isn't for the games itself, it's for the technology they're using to run those games digitally.
Thumbs up Thumbs up

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18023
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Warrior on Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:02 pm

So we need to re buy in digital ? For example i can't insert my Frogger disc in PS5 and play ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 5645
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:18 pm

Your asking questions about things they are no answers to.

Because they applied for a patent for something doesn't mean it will be used.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:01 pm

"Dustinhome" are already taking pre-orders for PS5. Their price is £828 Laughing

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10132
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Unique on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:34 pm

Jesus wept Shocked

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Brexit11
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18023
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 45

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Yeah, that's too expensive. I'm quite certain that the PS3 was sold for similarly inflated prices during the year it was released, though. The average person can't/isn't willing to afford such an unsustainable price tag, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10132
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:47 pm

It's quite obviously a placeholder lol.

450 is the high end and I'd be surprised if it's even that high.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:53 pm

@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, that's too expensive. I'm quite certain that the PS3 was sold for similarly inflated prices during the year it was released, though. The average person can't/isn't willing to afford such an unsustainable price tag, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.


The PS3 released for $499(€460) for the cheap kind when it came out back when I was in high school 14 years ago. I remember balking at the price. I never got one either. It made no sense when the cheapest xbox 360 could be had for like 200 dollars less....and that was expensive as hell for us. Looking back it was god's grace I got to game at all as a kid. It was/is a really expensive hobby. Especially before CD's became the norm. EB games/Funcoland(who turned into Gamespot) would literally rape the shit out of you for cartridges. Super Nintendo in particular had expensive games. I remember my dad loving batman and He paid like 70 bucks(which was A LOT in early 90's America) for Batman Returns on it. He had it in his dorm room, and he brought it to us when he graduated. That was probably the best Super Nintendo game ever.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1070
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:36 pm

PS3 was a complete joke, they were rightly criticized for it and i doubt they'll be as stupid again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 67821
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Thimmy on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:50 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, that's too expensive. I'm quite certain that the PS3 was sold for similarly inflated prices during the year it was released, though. The average person can't/isn't willing to afford such an unsustainable price tag, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.


The PS3 released for $499(€460) for the cheap kind when it came out back when I was in high school 14 years ago. I remember balking at the price. I never got one either. It made no sense when the cheapest xbox 360 could be had for like 200 dollars less....and that was expensive as hell for us. Looking back it was god's grace I got to game at all as a kid. It was/is a really expensive hobby. Especially before CD's became the norm. EB games/Funcoland(who turned into Gamespot) would literally rape the shit out of you for cartridges. Super Nintendo in particular had expensive games. I remember my dad loving batman and He paid like 70 bucks(which was A LOT in early 90's America) for Batman Returns on it. He had it in his dorm room, and he brought it to us when he graduated. That was probably the best Super Nintendo game ever.


They actually tried selling the PS3 for about $800 for a short period of time after the console was released here. If I remember correctly, Sony had only shipped a limited number of consoles to Europe, and some people were so desperate to get it that they actually paid 800 bucks for it.

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10132
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Young Kaz on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:15 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:Yeah, that's too expensive. I'm quite certain that the PS3 was sold for similarly inflated prices during the year it was released, though. The average person can't/isn't willing to afford such an unsustainable price tag, so I'll take it with a grain of salt.


The PS3 released for $499(€460) for the cheap kind when it came out back when I was in high school 14 years ago. I remember balking at the price. I never got one either. It made no sense when the cheapest xbox 360 could be had for like 200 dollars less....and that was expensive as hell for us. Looking back it was god's grace I got to game at all as a kid. It was/is a really expensive hobby. Especially before CD's became the norm. EB games/Funcoland(who turned into Gamespot) would literally rape the shit out of you for cartridges. Super Nintendo in particular had expensive games. I remember my dad loving batman and He paid like 70 bucks(which was A LOT in early 90's America) for Batman Returns on it. He had it in his dorm room, and he brought it to us when he graduated. That was probably the best Super Nintendo game ever.


They actually tried selling the PS3 for about $800 for a short period of time after the console was released here. If I remember correctly, Sony had only shipped a limited number of consoles to Europe, and some people were so desperate to get it that they actually paid 800 bucks for it.


Did that kill good will over there with Sony?

Like I know seeing 499 was enough for me to be happy with a 360 instead. Even when they dropped it down to 399 by the time i got to university in 2007/8.
Young Kaz
Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1070
Join date : 2019-03-22

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Thimmy on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:04 pm

@Young Kaz wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:
@Young Kaz wrote:


The PS3 released for $499(€460) for the cheap kind when it came out back when I was in high school 14 years ago. I remember balking at the price. I never got one either. It made no sense when the cheapest xbox 360 could be had for like 200 dollars less....and that was expensive as hell for us. Looking back it was god's grace I got to game at all as a kid. It was/is a really expensive hobby. Especially before CD's became the norm. EB games/Funcoland(who turned into Gamespot) would literally rape the shit out of you for cartridges. Super Nintendo in particular had expensive games. I remember my dad loving batman and He paid like 70 bucks(which was A LOT in early 90's America) for Batman Returns on it. He had it in his dorm room, and he brought it to us when he graduated. That was probably the best Super Nintendo game ever.


They actually tried selling the PS3 for about $800 for a short period of time after the console was released here. If I remember correctly, Sony had only shipped a limited number of consoles to Europe, and some people were so desperate to get it that they actually paid 800 bucks for it.


Did that kill good will over there with Sony?

Like I know seeing 499 was enough for me to be happy with a 360 instead. Even when they dropped it down to 399 by the time i got to university in 2007/8.


Some people weren’t very happy with it, and I know a lot of people simply bought an Xbox, like you did. Many of those people «switched allegiance» and never bought a Playstation again, so yeah, I’d say it killed the good will for some. I was very busy with school and other things at the time. Even if I had bought it, I likely wouldn’t have had much time to actually play on it - so it didn’t bother me, personally. I waited until the summer after it’s initial release, and it was much cheaper then.

_________________
PlayStation 5 - Page 5 1577400459_125840_1577471755_noticia_normal
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 10132
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

PlayStation 5 - Page 5 Empty Re: PlayStation 5

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum