The Madrid One
Doc
Thimmy
jibers
sportsczy
41 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Benzema is proving everyone wrong - Page 3 Empty Re: Benzema is proving everyone wrong

Post by Doc Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:09 am

titosantill wrote:i never rated aspas, and frankly i still don't to be honest. but i wouldn't be surprised if that's the kind of guy real madrid decide to sign in the summer

You're really pushing this cynical attitude that the club really is not gonna sign any good forwards huh Razz

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Benzema is proving everyone wrong - Page 3 Empty Re: Benzema is proving everyone wrong

Post by titosantill Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:33 am

lol i'm actually wondering why you guys are so optimistic? i'm just looking at our track record, madrid is a club that's easily swayed it seems. solari won two games against crap sides and they announced a contract till 2021 for him , its straight comedy. lope won against leganes and getafe and already he was being hailed by some as being as good as zidane. aspas or parejo or one of those names will be our ace in the whole cf signing. trust me on that lol
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:08 pm

Molenation
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:16 pm

It makes me happy to see him finally show some consistency, but it feels like someone makes the argument that he’s «proving everyone wrong» every season.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:17 pm

Molenation
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:31 pm

Thimmy wrote:It makes me happy to see him finally show some consistency, but it feels like someone makes the argument that he’s «proving everyone wrong» every season.

Well this is the first season where he's been emphasized consistently in terms of scoring... with CR here, he had to figure out a way to exist as a scorer (as did everyone else; but it's especially true for him).

He's done his job.  Kudos to him.  I didn't think he had the drive. We may actually catch up to Atleti for 2nd place. If it wasn't atleti, it wouldn't matter... but anyone living in Madrid will tell you that having bragging rights is important.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Doing his job.

via GIPHY

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Who's Modric passing to lol. That was a horrible pass.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:26 pm

If we had a better season Modric would 100% go for goal there. Solari destroyed this team.

ZZ said as much in his presser. Said he was worried about the players lack of winning mentality more than their form
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:30 pm

I love how Benzema only scores hat-tricks when it abso-fucking-lutely doesn't matter anymore. Proud

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:I love how Benzema only scores hat-tricks when it abso-fucking-lutely doesn't matter anymore. Proud

My thoughts exactly. There is nothing to play for and yet, Benzema turning it up. But glad for him I suppose lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:34 pm

Doc wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I love how Benzema only scores hat-tricks when it abso-fucking-lutely doesn't matter anymore. Proud

My thoughts exactly. There is nothing to play for and yet, Benzema turning it up. But glad for him I suppose lol.

In the big games, Benzema has been marked to hell by Barca and Ajax and still created plenty for his teammates. I've been a huge critic of his but anyone who's watched us this season can safely say he's been the ONLY threatening attack player on the team.

Midfield has flopped even more then the Attack. Literally no goals from them
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:Who's Modric passing to lol.  That was a horrible pass.

To be fair, Benzema’s run went straight towards the nearest defender. Modric probably assumed he was going to make space for himself with that run, that’s what I did at least, but since he ran directly into the defender, it was difficult to determine where it would be ideal to pass it.

In other words, Benzema could’ve pulled the defender away from Modric, either allowing him a free shot on goal, or putting himself in a better position to receive the ball without being pressured by anyone.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:40 pm

Actually no.  As a striker in that situation, unless the defender is ahead of you (which he wasn't) you look to stay on the same line as the ball.  He had the defender wrong sided.  That's the exact run you're supposed to make.

You only peel off if the defender is blocking your path.

Modric held on to the ball too long (the defender basically ran into benzema's back) and then made a bad pass (behind the player).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:43 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
Doc wrote:

In the big games, Benzema has been marked to hell by Barca and Ajax and still created plenty for his teammates. I've been a huge critic of his but anyone who's watched us this season can safely say he's been the ONLY threatening attack player on the team.

Midfield has flopped even more then the Attack. Literally no goals from them

I feel like our entire team just shit the bed. I can't say which one was worse at this point so I'm gonna blame everyone. That being said, Benzema did try, he really showed effort this season.

But I'm not gonna be praising a hattrick when the season is over even if said hattrick was nice to see. Good for him and hopefully the club fking gets a forward to compliment his play.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:Actually no.  As a striker in that situation, unless the defender is ahead of you (which he wasn't) you look to stay on the same line as the ball.  He had the defender wrong sided.  That's the exact run you're supposed to make.

You only peel off if the defender is blocking your path.

Modric held on to the ball too long (the defender basically ran into benzema's back) and then made a bad pass (behind the player).

I agree that Modric held onto the ball for too long, but if I had been Modric, I would have expected Benzema to back up and pull away from the defender immediately. That would have allowed Modric to either take the shot himself, or find Benzema in a more open position.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:47 pm

That play was just misread on Modric's part. Happens...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:55 pm

Don't be fooled by Athletic's insane resurgence (which of course has not been spoken about here) from literally 20th at the end of the first half of the season to now 7th.

For all the overlooked talent in midfield and attack, the defence is very poorly managed so Benzema or anyone would not or have not had a hard time scoring against them.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Doc wrote:That play was just misread on Modric's part. Happens...

I don’t know if I would’ve hesitated for as long as Modric did, but I know I would’ve been confused by that run as well. Modric could see Benzema and the defender running towards the exact same position, Benzema probably wasn’t even aware of the defender behind him, as he never looked in that direction.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:09 pm

You don't back up if the defender is behind you... you actually try to make the distance between you and the ball as short as possible because the defender is trailing the play (the defender is behind Benz and far away).  You only peel off or stop your run short if the defender is in the way or anticipating that run.

That was the absolute perfect run.  In fact, if Modric's pass is on the money and the defender rams Benz in the back like he did... that's a penalty.  It's because the ball is behind him that the defender gets away with it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:56 pm

benz scoring the goals at the right time to sell him to manure for £70mil. Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:13 pm

madrid selling benzema is next to impossible lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:48 pm

sportsczy wrote:You don't back up if the defender is behind you... you actually try to make the distance between you and the ball as short as possible because the defender is trailing the play (the defender is behind Benz and far away).  You only peel off or stop your run short if the defender is in the way or anticipating that run.

That was the absolute perfect run.  In fact, if Modric's pass is on the money and the defender rams Benz in the back like he did... that's a penalty.  It's because the ball is behind him that the defender gets away with it.

If Modric hadn't hesitated, the defender wouldn't have gotten to Benzema in time to ram him in the back. I think it's arguable that it was the perfect run, though. It was the simplest run he could make, and that's fine. I think Modric would've had more clear alternatives to shoot or assist if Benzema had pulled the defender away, but I suppose that's just the alternative I would have gone for if I had been in Modric' boots.

Regardless of whether or not Benzema did everything perfectly right, I don't see any other reason as to why Modric would hesitate, other than him anticipating different movement from Benzema. That's the conclusion I came to when I saw it the first time, and Modric's hesitation aligned with my way of thinking. I don't know why he hesitated for so long, though. If he had been a few split seconds faster in releasing the ball, that likely would've been a goal.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:45 am

Doc wrote:Since we are both guessing based on our own bias thoughts, I am sure Suarez would be just as fine with Bale and Ronaldo. Also, his big chance misses is still supported by his 20 goals scored. Tells me he knows how to great goal scoring positions consistently (either miss or score apparently).

Yes farfan, I really preferred Suarez over Benzema lol.

Any forward knows on how to get into goal scoring positions consistently, even the likes of Morata has that knowledge. That doesn't excuse Suárez who's been pathetic in correlation to how many great chances he wated. Benzema doesn't have the luxary for playing alongside with argubaly the GOAT playmaker in Messi and still outscoring Suárez while being much less wasteful in front of goal..

Benzema is proving everyone wrong - Page 3 V5vYcEe

sportsczy wrote:Still an idiot and does maddening things.  Has done and continues to do some very stupid things off the pitch...

What exactly does Benzema continues to make stupid things outside the pitch? I mean, his traffic related problems + Valbuena incident happened years ago lol.

sportsczy wrote:And I haven't been a fan of his for years... as soon as the Valbuena incident went down.  I think he's a stupid POS.

Benzema was never part of with the actual blackmailing, it was made by a gang. He tried to act as a mediator between the Valbuena and Karim Zenati (the guy who in turn knew the actual blackmailers). Sure, Benzema shouldn't have got himself involved at all but it doesn't make him a POS.

Last edited by Varnagel on Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 am

Benzema hangs out with the wrong crowd. That's not even up for debate. His stupid entourage of immigrant gangsters almost ruined his career..

There's a racist element in France, but Benz should know better then to feed them with bullshit. Completely his fault
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:46 pm

What kind of idiot goes to a teammate during a NT call up... tells him he knows about the stolen sex tape and the blackmail... and arranges a conversation between the blackmailers and the victim.

I mean, that's just idiotic.

Not to mention he co-founded a firm with one of his stupid friends... and this company was used to traffic drugs between France and Spain.

I won't even get to his "friends" (including his agent) bullying journalists at a club in Brazil during the world cup in 2014 (that backfired big time too).

I can go on and on. I haven't even mentioned the Ribery incident.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next