The Madrid One
Doc
Thimmy
jibers
sportsczy
41 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Benzema is proving everyone wrong - Page 6 Empty Re: Benzema is proving everyone wrong

Post by Clutch Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:04 am

There is not a single forward who has better link up play than Benzema. Take away goal scoring and Lewandowski and Kane wouldnt even be in the convo with Benzema in terms of link up play and creating

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Benzema is proving everyone wrong - Page 6 Empty Re: Benzema is proving everyone wrong

Post by M99 Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:37 am

You guys really are deluded Laughing Only in GL we have people claim Benzema is right now better than Kane and Lewa. What an odd player to have a rabid fanbase.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:26 am

I would definitely choose current version Benzema over those two

I don't rate Kane particularly high but Lewa is an amazing player too but as an all round striker i am choosing Benz right now
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:30 am

Chad must have cast a spell on the entire madrid fanbase Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:18 pm

Can anyone tell me how Chad is not in here BTFOing all of GL out for doubting Benz?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:Kane does not do anything better for the Spurs other than the poaching part.  Come on now.  He's a top striker.  But he is not in that top top echelon due to his less-than-elite technical skills.  He's like Higuain basically.

And to be fair Doc, CR had Benzema and a functioning Gareth Bale.  Benzema has toddlers and Lucas Vasquez.

Not that I'm saying Benz is in CR's league AT ALL.  He's not of course.  However, CR had younger versions of our best players and great attacking teammates.  Heck, Isco was Isco back then too.  So it's not like we're comparing apples to apples here.

Imagine saying this about someone that has 10 assists in 14 games Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sports how do you manage to be so wrong

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:43 pm

Clutch wrote:There is not a single forward who has better link up play than Benzema. Take away goal scoring and Lewandowski and Kane wouldnt even be in the convo with Benzema in terms of link up play and creating

Oh god another one

Where is this idea that Kane is a poacher coming from? In many aspects he plays as a 10 these days
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Kane does not do anything better for the Spurs other than the poaching part.  Come on now.  He's a top striker.  But he is not in that top top echelon due to his less-than-elite technical skills.  He's like Higuain basically.

And to be fair Doc, CR had Benzema and a functioning Gareth Bale.  Benzema has toddlers and Lucas Vasquez.

Not that I'm saying Benz is in CR's league AT ALL.  He's not of course.  However, CR had younger versions of our best players and great attacking teammates.  Heck, Isco was Isco back then too.  So it's not like we're comparing apples to apples here.

Imagine saying this about someone that has 10 assists in 14 games Laughing Laughing Laughing

Literally highest assists in PL while still being an elite scorer Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Benzema having better link up play than Lewa is not exactly a controversial opinion. hmm He's been Madrid"s assist leader for like 2 years despite the lack of a second goalscorer. He's a master at getting others involved in the attack.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Higuain had 10+ assists a few times too.  In fact, I would argue that any team whose manager plays counter attack football where the CF is asked to hold and lay off to wide wing players will get a lot of assists if the team is of any quality.  Higuain played a pure 9; but had skills of course.

Heck, I think Mario Gomez even got close to 10 assists a few times.

I said Kane does poaching better than Benzema.  I didn't say he was a poacher only. Nobody in their right mind would call Harry Kane "technical" lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:27 pm

farfan wrote:Benzema having better link up play than Lewa is not exactly a controversial opinion. hmm He's been Madrid"s assist leader for like 2 years despite the lack of a second goalscorer. He's a master at getting others involved in the attack.

Moving into space in midfield and final third + creating link-up plays to allow his teammates to make runs. He's one of the best I've ever seen at that. Just has a feel for how to keep the ball moving and create angles.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm

M99 wrote:You guys really are deluded Laughing Only in GL we have people claim Benzema is right now better than Kane and Lewa. What an odd player to have a rabid fanbase.
I never said Benz was better than both I just said hes better at creating and linking up play

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Clutch wrote:There is not a single forward who has better link up play than Benzema. Take away goal scoring and Lewandowski and Kane wouldnt even be in the convo with Benzema in terms of link up play and creating

Oh god another one

Where is this idea that Kane is a poacher coming from? In many aspects he plays as a 10 these days
Where did I say Kanes only a poacher? Kane is doing great in his role for his FIRST SEASON of doing so. Benzema has been doing this for like a decade lol

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:12 pm

@Clutch GL loves dramatic pearl-clutching reactions even when the original comment is fairly innocuous.

Kane slides a couple one meter passes to Son on fast counter-attacks and all of a sudden he's a better playmaker than Benzema. Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Myesyats wrote:Chad must have cast a spell on the entire madrid fanbase Laughing

Let’s be honest here. Chad has actually been more right then not. Think about this. Benzema has turned in incredible performances the last three years. James is currently thriving in Everton, while Isco is a shadow of his former self. Higuain is fat and in the MLS. Need I keep going?

I’m shocked at some of the replies here. Benzema has been the starting CF for the best European team in the last 10 years and playing a major part almost in every big game we’ve had during that time span. He’s carrying our Levante level attack to another La liga and won us the first one. Without him we couldn’t even manage more then a shot against some teams. To say Kane is just as good as benzema with the ball at his feet.. what nonsense, this forum has a hate boner for Madrid and it’s been the case for years. When CR was making Barca fans cry it was the same story. lucky, not that good, etc. we’ll keep winning trophies, you can keep whining.

Lewa is the ONLY striker probably just as good as benzema, but he’s doing it in a shit league and has much better players around him. Run the numbers.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Higuain had 10+ assists a few times too.  In fact, I would argue that any team whose manager plays counter attack football where the CF is asked to hold and lay off to wide wing players will get a lot of assists if the team is of any quality.  Higuain played a pure 9; but had skills of course.

Heck, I think Mario Gomez even got close to 10 assists a few times.

I said Kane does poaching better than Benzema.  I didn't say he was a poacher only. Nobody in their right mind would call Harry Kane "technical" lol.

Higgy had 10+ assists (over an entire season) because he was playing next to monsters in a very attacking team, he always played as a 9 and the assists he got were nice enough but nothing special. Kane is playing as a false 9/playmaker in a Mourinho team (ie boring and defensive) and is still able to regularly find his teammates across all kinds of passing ranges.

I was going to find some clips of some of the recent assists, but I think this does a better job

We can agree that in regards to playmaking Benz has been doing a better job for longer, but to say Kane's just a non-technical poacher (ie the Higuain comparison) is totally off base.

farfan wrote:@Clutch GL loves dramatic pearl-clutching reactions even when the original comment is fairly innocuous.

Kane slides a couple one meter passes to Son on fast counter-attacks and all of a sudden he's a better playmaker than Benzema. Laughing

One-meter passes Laughing And then you accuse others of pearl-clutching reactions

Clutch wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Oh god another one

Where did I say Kanes only a poacher? Kane is doing great in his role for his FIRST SEASON of doing so. Benzema has been doing this for like a decade lol

You didn't, that comment was directed more at the thread over all, but you did say that Kane wouldn't be in the coversation if we're only talking about passing and discounting, which is simply not true. He might not be as good as Benz, but he would be in the conversation and his passing skills are being massively under-rated in this thread.

Ps: the notion that "Benz is great forward if we don't talk about scoring" is kinda ridiculous
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:39 pm

I couldn't disagree with you more BC.

Higuain was a good passer...  much better than Kane in fact.  Higuain had a lot of skill. He had 28 assists while playing under Mourinho and 24 under Rafa Benitez; by far his two biggest outputs.  Guess what both of those managers had in common:  They focused on sitting back and hitting teams with counter attacks.

It's absolutely not a coincidence that Kane is making more assists under Mourinho suddenly.  The passes are made in more open space to fast players in a counter-attack situation when there isn't a set defense in front of them.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Kane a great playmaker... and then saying he's as good or better than Benzema at it. Laughing :facepalm: Just when I thought I heard it all on GL.

At least make an argument for Lewa. He and Benz are the two best central strikers today in terms of overall skill set with Lewa being a better scorer while Benzema being a better playmaker. But Kane!?!? loooool
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Higuain played as a winger in his early days as well or an inside forward. Had tons of speed and power and could whip in really good balls from out wide and people forget that. It's only when his fitness declined that he changed his game (successfully) and turned into a 9 full time.

Kane is a good player but he is not as good as Benz. It's that simple. He is not better then Son either.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:Kane a great playmaker... and then saying he's as good or better than Benzema at it. Laughing :facepalm: Just when I thought I heard it all on GL.
Except that I didn't say that (or anyone else that I saw):
BarrileteCosmico wrote:We can agree that in regards to playmaking Benz has been doing a better job for longer, but to say Kane's just a non-technical poacher (ie the Higuain comparison) is totally off base.

[...]

He might not be as good as Benz, but he would be in the conversation and his passing skills are being massively under-rated in this thread.

In terms of overall Kane and Lewa are definitely a step above Benz.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:32 am

Why would you though? Goal scoring is the main role for any CF. Take it away and we're no longer talking about CFs.

I think Benzema's recent explosive run of form has made you guys forget all about his weaknesses (mainly inconsistency). But if we are talking objectively, Lewa is a tier above and Kane is a better goalscorer than Benzema which is the most important thing for any CF.

Just wait a couple weeks or so until he goes back to being invisible again all this talk about him being the best CF in the world will die out. Remember, It wasn't that long ago this very season that all of us were complaining about his goal drought, and this thread plunged in silence for nearly a year before it was bumped again.

Please understand that I'm not shitting on Benzema here. He certainly is a terrific CF when in form. I'm just a Madrid fan who lost count how many times I got my hopes up seeing him go God Mode only to watch him revert back to his usual non-scoring inconsistent self shortly after and get disappointed in the process.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:09 am

DoC...  Benzema is the 4th all-time scorer in Real Madrid history.  He's 6 goals behind Di Stefano for 3rd and 64 behind Raul for 2nd.

He is #1 all-time in assists in Real Madrid history with 140 btw too.

He is 13th in minutes played btw.

In short, he is the #2 most productive attacking player in Real Madrid history after CR using any metric.  Let that sink in.  Without a doubt, he's a legend of the club.  Give him the respect that he richly deserves.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/real-madrid/toptorschuetzen/verein/418/wettbewerb_id/alle/position/alle/detailposition/alle/plus/1
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:47 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
You didn't, that comment was directed more at the thread over all, but you did say that Kane wouldn't be in the coversation if we're only talking about passing and discounting, which is simply not true. He might not be as good as Benz, but he would be in the conversation and his passing skills are being massively under-rated in this thread.

Ps: the notion that "Benz is great forward if we don't talk about scoring" is kinda ridiculous
You're misinterpreting what I said. I made that distinction because we're not talking about goal scoring, were talking about playmaking.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:50 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

Why would you though? Goal scoring is the main role for any CF. Take it away and we're no longer talking about CFs.

I think Benzema's recent explosive run of form has made you guys forget all about his weaknesses (mainly inconsistency). But if we are talking objectively, Lewa is a tier above and Kane is a better goalscorer than Benzema which is the most important thing for any CF.

Just wait a couple weeks or so until he goes back to being invisible again all this talk about him being the best CF in the world will die out. Remember, It wasn't that long ago this very season that all of us were complaining about his goal drought, and this thread plunged in silence for nearly a year before it was bumped again.

Please understand that I'm not shitting on Benzema here. He certainly is a terrific CF when in form. I'm just a Madrid fan who lost count how many times I got my hopes up seeing him go God Mode only to watch him revert back to his usual non-scoring inconsistent self shortly after and get disappointed in the process.

I said that because that's not the topic of conversation, and I wanted to be clear on what I was saying but you and BC didnt get the hint lol

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:28 pm

Not aimed at anyone but it must be dispelled that Higuain was a pure #9 as more than ever under Rafa's Napoli or his whole Napoli tenure as a whole to his short tenure in Milan and first season in Juve, he displayed his creative he is and his link up play is second to none.

And comparing Kane to Benzema is just plain stupid as Kane has no shortcomings in his career so far given he is generally quite consistent but Benzema is a 4 time UCL winner and 5th in the UCL top scorers of all time.

Kane is NOT a 10 as he does not display the creativity or guile to but his link up play and how he has evolved is impressive to say the least.

But to compare him to Benzema in the regard does not make sense at all given this above all is his best trait he performs at, even when not scoring.

Kane has a long way to go before he catches up to who is a Real Madrid and striking legend.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Benzema gets way too much disrespect on here.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next