futbol
Mr Nick09
S
30 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Raphael Varane - Man United - Page 5 Empty Re: Raphael Varane - Man United

Post by Glory Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:03 am

Would take a not top of his game Varane any day over Lindesoft. Smile So glad the latter won't be an automatic starter anymore banana
Hopefully Varane will elevate Maguire's game who I have seen become a completely different defender with a competent partner alongside him.
Thank you Real Madrid drinking

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:33 am

Glory wrote:Thank you Real Madrid drinking

Congrats. He can be a very good defender when partnered with the right defender.

But if you want to properly thank us, you can do so by NOT giving us Pogba if/when Flo comes knocking. He has a thing for players in their last year of contract.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:15 pm

Madrid got the better deal here

-Huge sums for a player in the last year of his contract
-Isn't the type of CB that United need right now
-Will struggle in leading the defense with Maguire, as he cant speak English AFAIK
-Past his best

We'll see how he fares for United once Vardy or Watkins come at him and not some Paella dish that managed to fail in a team of Ibe, Sturridge and Carroll then went on to revive his career at 33
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:38 pm

28 years old, not even in his prime

34M (plus potential bonuses)

fucking bargain

Madrid fans and United haters in here like b-b-but

ecstatic with the move

Madrid now a feeder club :coffee:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:52 pm

Actually, it's one of the things I admire about Florentino. He doesn't keep players against their will. So if you ask for a transfer, he'll give it to you.

On the other hand, if the player wants to stay and the club wants them to stay, it doesn't matter if you show up with a briefcase of 1 billion euros, Florentino will send you packing.

So, no, I don't think we are a feeder club. Not as of yet at least.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm

Man, Madrid are one broke ass club now its kind of sad it see.

Varane aint much as most Madrid fans say as clearly he has peaked but losing Ramos and Varane in one window? Yikes.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:51 pm

That just tells us that Perez is noone to mess with no matter how big a legend you are at the club.

Varane i couldn't care less about because i don't rate him that highly. But Ramos is a tough one to lose but if you try to take Perez for a ride he will just send you packing.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Man, Madrid are one broke ass club now its kind of sad it see.

Varane aint much as most Madrid fans say as clearly he has peaked but losing Ramos and Varane in one window? Yikes.

Madrid is low-key our feeder club, as of recent. Perez has a soft spot for us, and now with Carlo, it is more so, even during his last stint.

I just hope they don't find it in them to gift us Isco ffs
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:14 pm

Jovic, Isco and Odriozola triple loan incoming
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:04 pm

We are not a feeder club, we just believe in putting aging and declining players out to pasture!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:41 pm

Varane just turned 28.  He's anything but "over the hill" or "going into his declining years".  Pepe and Ramos were considered junk and every Madrid fan wanted both sold back when they were 28 (2011 for Pepe and 2014 for Ramos).  Calamitous defenders at that age both of them.

It's just a transition from relying less so on your physical skills.  For very athletic CBs, it takes a few years to make that transition.  Varane is professional enough and obviously good enough to make the transition.

The prime years for CBs are 28-32.

i think you're going to see the resurgence of Rafa at Man U.  Injuries are the only concern.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Of course not talking about his performance blunders in past 3 years, plus the obvious nationality connection.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:08 am

futbol_bill wrote:Of course not talking about his performance blunders in past 3 years, plus the obvious nationality connection.
He could make 5 massive blunders every single game for the next 5 years and he still wouldn't come close to the level of calamitous defending that Pepe and Ramos achieved before the age of 30.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:02 am

Yeah people forget Varane has covered Pepe and Ramos many times and as far as blunders I don't recall any other than the city match.

There is no W in losing a WC Centerback who is a 4x CL champion and a World Champion, just reached his prime years and easily one of if not the best of his generation. Blunders or not.

He has aspirations to play in the PL. Can't be mad at that. At least United will know what it is to have an actual world class CB in their ranks.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:55 am

Perucho21 wrote:Yeah people forget Varane has covered Pepe and Ramos many times and as far as blunders I don't recall any other than the city match.

Are you for real Laughing

Varane first and foremost could not cover for Pepe because they weren't actually playing together. And at the time Varane was here at the same time as Pepe, Pepe was actually arguably the best CB in Europe.

He has covered for Ramos yes but that's actually blown out of proportion. You want to see a real good partnership look no further than Pepe-Ramos. They had absolutely everything.

And as far as blunders go Laughing don't make me laugh, this guy was the king of blunders. Remember diarrhoeagate. I could look past it if he had other qualities but this guy is a pure definition of an average guy coasting in a near perfect team and when they all declined in their latter years this guy was exposed for the terrible defender that he is.

He isn't good on the ball, in fact every ball is to Ramos because like a toddler he cant function without his dad, I have never seen him outmuscle a guy in my life, don't even know why he steps up when you know he won't win the ball anyways, the guys backs off all the way to his goalkeeper when players run at him, his offensive headers are actually defensive headers. When he wins a duel in the air the balls NEVER go to a teammate, the guy just heads randomly anywhere.

The guy has Ramos to thank for actually making him a recognised name.

@Sport, Ramos and Pepe at their younger years weren't terrible lol. People just liked to look at their disciplinary records and form their opinions based on that. It was after that age, you could say Pepe actually calmed down and defended with his head rather than emotions
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:53 am

Ole > Madrid
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 am

futbol_bill wrote:Of course not talking about his performance blunders in past 3 years, plus the obvious nationality connection.

Tbh you're no better. I've seen you hyping up several mediocre Spanish players who've amounted to nothing.

You make the likes of rincon and Sports look sane and rational at times when they're hyping Italian and French players.

Atleast Sports has a reason to do so and now finally rincon has a reason as well to hype every goddamn football player with an Italian passport.

Meanwhile Spain continue to shit the bed. When's the last time a half decent Spanish player came out of Madrid?

Asensio ? You mean the Spanish Politano? Vallejo? Jese? Lol

It seems like coping mechanism is kicking in for many Madrid fans. You're losing two world class CB's and you're left with scrubs because you can't afford quality players anymore. Get used to your new feeder club status. Soon Tottenham is going to outbid you for half decent players.

Last edited by S on Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:10 am

futbol_bill wrote:we just believe in putting aging and declining players out to pasture!

Big contract offer considering he is a declining player hmm seems like the Madrid base is in denial
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:18 pm

S wrote:

Meanwhile Spain continue to shit the bed. When's the last time a half decent Spanish player came out of Madrid?

Marcos Llorente. hmm Sarabia hasn't been bad either.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:14 pm

S wrote:You're losing two world class CB's and you're left with scrubs because you can't afford quality players anymore. Get used to your new feeder club status. Soon Tottenham is going to outbid you for half decent players.
Your post holds some truth to it, but it's not entirely accurate.

I agree with you that losing Ramos was a dumb, dumb move, and any board with average intelligence would've acted differently. They will come to regret it next year with the average CBs they have left.

Varane, however, is a different story. You have a player who wants to leave the club, and you can either cash on him now or lose him for free next year. The logical option, especially during this pandemic, is to sell him.

If I'm being totally honest with you, I don't buy the "he won everything there is to win and wants to try something different" BS. I think the reason he left and many other high-profile players before him is because Madrid is not as ambitious as it once was, and this can be seen through their average signings. Now, we only sign high-profile players if they are free or in their last year of contract. If your goal is to build a team of world beaters and challenge for the highest honors in world football, this is definitely not the policy to follow.

And I agree with you completely about Madrid not being able to afford quality players anymore. However, I don't agree that we are a feeder club (not yet at least) and definitely would be able to outspend Tottenham.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:46 pm

If reports are true, we are letting varane go for way too little. Under 30 years, multiple time ucl and league title winner, a world cup champion, if the shoe was on the other foot, even in the last year of his deal, another club wud be asking us for nothing less than 85 million. Smh
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:53 pm

farfan wrote:
S wrote:

I certainly support Spanish players, I am Spanish as if you didn’t know. But I have not over hyped my countrymen as Sports regularly does. I agree with S that our academy has not produced anyone noteworthy in the past decade. It has produced some good pros and I have expressed regret when some of them have been let go, but certainly the last WC players out of academy were Raul and Iker. By comparison, the Barca academy has been more productive on that basis even though there are more professionals in top level futbol from our academy than Barca’s.

By the way Asensio, Isco, Vallejo, Ceballos are not academy players.

Seems to me as if Farfan is a bit confused regarding Real Madrid and Spanish NT. I guess he missed the fact that our NT went a hell of a lot further that the over hyped French team!

I do agree that Real Madrid is in for another tough time this season, but it won’t be because of the loss of Varane.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:11 pm

@DoC... Varane was offended that Madrid waited until the very last months of his contract to offer him market wages.  He's been underpaid for years.  He didn't even make 200k per week this past season as a FYI and that's the most he's every made at Madrid, as his annual wage weren't even 10 mil as one of the best CBs in the world.

Now compare that to Barca paying Umtiti, as an example, € 230,769 per week.

Mismanagement by Madrid and Florentino Trump.  Nothing else.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:16 pm

You cant compare to Barca's retarded wage policy. Theres a reason why Laporta is doing an entire reconstruction of the wage bill right now and Umtiti will be the first one to go probably, because he earns way too much
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:58 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
farfan wrote:
S wrote:

I certainly support Spanish players, I am Spanish as if you didn’t know. But I have not over hyped my countrymen as Sports regularly does. I agree with S that our academy has not produced anyone noteworthy in the past decade. It has produced some good pros and I have expressed regret when some of them have been let go, but certainly the last WC players out of academy were Raul and Iker. By comparison, the Barca academy has been more productive on that basis even though there are more professionals in top level futbol from our academy than Barca’s.

By the way Asensio, Isco, Vallejo, Ceballos are not academy players.

Seems to me as if Farfan is a bit confused regarding Real Madrid and Spanish NT. I guess he missed the fact that our NT went a hell of a lot further that the over hyped French team!

I do agree that Real Madrid is in for another tough time this season, but it won’t be because of the loss of Varane.

What? Laughing go back and read who said what. You should be responding to @S, not me.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:00 pm

Myesyats wrote:You cant compare to Barca's retarded wage policy. Theres a reason why Laporta is doing an entire reconstruction of the wage bill right now and Umtiti will be the first one to go probably, because he earns way too much

What a calamity Bartomeu has been for you. Laughing clueless in both the sporting AND business aspects of running a club.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next