halamadrid2
Doc
Mr Nick09
19 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

meaningless la liga - Page 5 Empty Re: meaningless la liga

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:36 am

Like sports said, some of these guys should really be fighting for their position as if it were a try-out. That's what they "should" be playing for.

If today's performance was a try-out I'd say almost everyone failed. The midfield was woeful especially Kroos, Vazquez is just not the level and should never start, Varane and Ramos are out of sync, the subs didn't change anything etc.. It must be difficult for ZZ to pick through the pile of sh*t to find the one salvageable player from these limited performances.

On the brightside I thought Benz had another decent game, and Marcelo was lively- not as sharp as he needs to be but at least the intent was there. Odri was equally not bad. Everyone else was either "meh" or awful.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:25 am

Kroos was ok.

Casemiro and Modric were poor.

The midfield is to static. This team needs a real box to box midfielder. No wonder Pogba is been talked up by Zidane. Valverde could do this job too.

Vazquez is so limited. no real skill set. not fast, no vision, cant pass.

Marcelo we know already. But he wasnt bad today.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:18 am

For all of his talent, Pogba blows hot and cold in terms of how he actually performs. He has tons of talent, but he's borderline useless when his mind is not in the game. He may be a good fit for us, but I'm personally not a big fan of these players who's performance level ranges from world class to sunday league grandad. Obviously, I won't complain if we get him, but when he doesn't feel like performing, he's an absolute waste of space.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:36 pm

I’ve said this  before, these last few games are not about the team nor results, it is essentially try outs or evaluations for next season. I won’t dwell on the negatives as that has aleady been done here.

I would like to talk about Benz (and this is coming from a guy who never has been a fan). I think Benz has played exceptionally well since Zidane has returned. No longer does he appear lazy. He is full of energy, enthusiasm, coming  back and playing a role in build up, passing, helping out with defense and scoring (un poco). What I’m thinking is that he really isn’t a 9, rather a SS or even a RW.  Given we will have an abundance of options on the left, perhaps the best option is to get a CF like Jovic and play Benz as a SS or RW.

What do you guys think (excluding DoC of course)?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:24 pm

To be fair, Benzema has been a bright spot this season so him doing well under Zidane is natural as he's just continuing his decent to good season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:30 pm

Doc, he started out well, but there was a fairly long period were his old self was showing up, particularly in energy, enthusiasm and of course goal scoring. You can actually see the difference on his face the last few games. He is happier and full of enthusiasm. I think with the right partner up front, supported by a better midfield / AMs, we will see his production actually increase. Bottom line to me, is he is a better team player at this point.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:33 pm

He still isn’t very efficient with his scoring chances, but he’s gradually improved his performance level since the start of the season, not just since Zidane returned two matches ago. He performed well for a while under Lopetegui, and became more consistent under Solari. I hope he keeps it up. We still sorely need a goalscorer, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm

Thimmy wrote:For all of his talent, Pogba blows hot and cold in terms of how he actually performs. He has tons of talent, but he's borderline useless when his mind is not in the game. He may be a good fit for us, but I'm personally not a big fan of these players who's performance level ranges from world class to sunday league grandad. Obviously, I won't complain if we get him, but when he doesn't feel like performing, he's an absolute waste of space.

With Pogba, his form depends so much on the form of Herrera and Matic...  when those two aren't good, teams just send 2-3 players his way and gamble that the other two can't do anything.  He does really well when the other teams are forced to respect his partners.

With France NT, you just cannot focus on Pogba.  Too much talent.  He's absolutely playing like a goat as a result.

At Madrid, Pogba will have far better players around him and he can consistently do his thing.

Matic has been downright awful this season and that impacts a lot.  Herrera was on a great run and then he's gone south a bit.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:49 pm

I mean, if it ain't the manager (Mourinho and his terrible coaching), it's Matic and Herrera (one really is shit this season and the other is hit and miss). Someday, you are gonna run out of rope when it comes to Pogba lol.

Alas, would still take Paul in Madrid yesterday tbh. Great footballer, just don't expect him to be a black Xavi.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:

At Madrid, Pogba will have far better players around him and he can consistently do his thing.

That remains to be seen. As it stands, I think he'd find it harder to play for Real Madrid than he does for Man United. Matic has been poor, and Herrera seems to have lost the momentum he had up until recently, but I've seen a lot of really poor performances from Pogba over the past couple of years, and it doesn't seem like it always has to do with his team mates. Maybe Mourinho carries some of the blame, but it just seems to me that when Pogba is not motivated, he regresses to the performance level of a tall and lanky pre-teen that's either not interested, or can't seem to concentrate enough to do anything right.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Navas and Bale need to be run right out of town
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:04 pm

Varane can join Bale in packing his bags. Marcelo is a problem alright but Varane's passiveness in defense is a bigger problem. OUT

Bale Laughing I'd rather see Lucas lose the ball every other min than having to endure a second of him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:06 pm

Yeah Varane is absolutely woeful today, wow

Without Ramos they can't play from the ball, everyone is holding.

It's pretty clear everyone gave up on the season which is not what you expect from players that want to be in Madrid moving forward.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Weird positioning at times by Fede, who has been too passive for my liking.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:18 pm

That's because playing single pivot is not his natural position and he is struggling. Not to mention that Isco is shit and just floating around, 0 discipline.

This kind of midfield needs to die with this season, it doesn't work anymore and I hope Zidane can see that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:23 pm

Varane is weak as hell good lord getting pushed around by some scrub
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:38 pm

Isco has been a huge problem tactically, there's no link between the midfield and attack without benzema, and yet isco is supposed to be that lol

Bale is a completely different player on the left playing as a traditional winger. Thats his best position for sure.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:49 pm

Isco natural position is not in a 3 man midfield though it's playing behind the striker in the last 3rd of the pitch. Can't always expect guys to perform when they don't play to their strength
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:56 pm

He's the most advanced midfielder, he's in his preferred zone a lot of the time he's just not doing much
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:59 pm

its no secret that isco's never been a cmf. the attempt to force him to be iniesta or seedorf needs to stop. ever since it worked with di maria, it seems the cool thing to do is to force attacking mids become central mids. he'll never be that, and whilst he has his faults, i think that has completely ruined his game
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:05 pm

I suspect Zidane instructed Valverde, Modric, and Isco to move around in a fluid 3 man midfield configuration reminiscent of what Lopetegui did in the beginning of the season. Regardless, they could all have done better individually, Fede for one has to be more loose and he has to do more 180 degree "giramientos".
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:09 pm

I thought Valverde was okay. Modric is the one that needs to step it up. When Kroos came on we looked much better.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:12 pm

Anyone else rooting for Benz to get a hattrick at the end??? I was so gutted when his shot hit the post. Great game again. We should pair him with a number 9 preferably Cavani. That way we have to sources to rely on for goals. Bale can feck off

Thought Valverde was excellent. We played better when turnover master Modric went off. Asensio had a great game on the right. Lucas not too bad when he came on, tried desperately to get Benz his hattrick Laughing Nacho was great too. Solari was a terrible influence on this team. Slowly slowly we are starting to play the ZZ way
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Checked whoscored because I totally missed the match and saw Bale got a 6.2 and also noticed not a single person talked about his performance. Guessing it was that forgettable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:48 pm

He got booed so many times it felt like a no brainer that he'd leave at the end of the season. Silver lining of yet another shit game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:06 pm

Bah gawd, Valverde starts again. Proud

The Madrid One
The Madrid One