Hapless_Hans
Thimmy
futbol
47 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Frenkie De Jong - Page 9 Empty Re: Frenkie De Jong

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:27 pm

I like Frenkie overall but says a lot that Pep rejected him and preferred Kalvin Phillips lol

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:52 pm

I wouldn't judge a player based on whether Pep likes them lol

Wasn't he the guy that brought Chigyrinsky (sp?) and bought Grealish for 100 M GBP just to make a few sub appearances
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:12 pm

Yeah well there are always exceptions to the rule, nobody has a 100% success rate in terms of player recruitment

As for Grelaish didn’t he join in January? It was obvious he wouldn’t be a starter right away, I’ll give him a full season before judging

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:15 pm

Myesyats wrote:I like Frenkie overall but says a lot that Pep rejected him and preferred Kalvin Phillips lol

Yea cos City are pretty stacked everywhere and after Haaland are pretty much only after backups.
High wages in this particular case, I dont mind because of the predicament we are in with regard to no CL football. But its paying obscene wages for players like Sancho even with CL football, thats the real issue. Still irritates me why we did that last season. Also wasnt Frenkie at like 400k already at Barca? So no way he would accept significantly low wages at United anyway.

Anyway the fee being touted now is 65 mil Euros upfront that rises up to 80. If its true, its a pretty good deal all things considered, especially since ETH apparently knows how to 'unlock' him.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:17 pm

Myesyats wrote:Yeah well there are always exceptions to the rule, nobody has a 100% success rate in terms of player recruitment

As for Grelaish didn’t he join in January? It was obvious he wouldn’t be a starter right away, I’ll give him a full season before judging

No. He didnt.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:23 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I wouldn't judge a player based on whether Pep likes them lol

Wasn't he the guy that brought Chigyrinsky (sp?) and bought Grealish for 100 M GBP just to make a few sub appearances

Chyhrynskiy was a world cup winner, just like Pogba. And like Pogba, he did excel for his national team. Historically, it's quite clear to me that a high performance level on the national stage doesn't necessarily translate to an equal level of performance at club level. To be fair, it's extremely rare that managers have the final say on which players are brought in. They can give their input, but they can't just request players and get them. I imagine Begiristain had/has more of a hand in Barca's and City's transfers than Pep does.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:39 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Chyhrynskiy was a world cup winner, just like Pogba. And like Pogba, he did excel for his national team. Historically, it's quite clear to me that a high performance level on the national stage doesn't necessarily translate to an equal level of performance at club level. To be fair, it's extremely rare that managers have the final say on which players are brought in. They can give their input, but they can't just request players and get them. I imagine Begiristain had/has more of a hand in Barca's and City's transfers than Pep does.

When did Chyhrynskiy win WC? I just opened his Wiki page and it says he didn't play at all at the WC because he picked up an injury. Ukraine finished second in the U21 EC in 2006. He joined Barca in 2009. He managed to finish a season for Barca before he was shipped out. His purchase is only rivalled by Faubert.

Agreed that it's rare that managers have a say in transfers but I can bet any money Pep runs the show in City. You really think City would be after Curcurella if it weren't for Pep. Never!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:04 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

When did Chyhrynskiy win WC? I just opened his Wiki page and it says he didn't play at all at the WC because he picked up an injury. Ukraine finished second in the U21 EC in 2006. He joined Barca in 2009. He managed to finish a season for Barca before he was shipped out. His purchase is only rivalled by Faubert.

Agreed that it's rare that managers have a say in transfers but I can bet any money Pep runs the show in City. You really think City would be after Curcurella if it weren't for Pep. Never!

Oh right, my bad! Greece won that year. I got him mixed up with a Greek defender from that tournament that I can't remember the name of. Getting old Frenkie De Jong - Page 9 1f602
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:46 pm

Yeah well, I think Grealish will come good next season imo, 100m is indeed a heavy price tag

As for Frenkie, I wouldn’t sell him if we can’t get a replacement. I’d only sell if it meant we get Bernardo or some other promising mid, not someone average like Soler or whoever

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:58 pm

Don't think Silva is worth the rumoured price either tbh. Why aren't you in for Isco. Free, would fit in well witht the way you play. If Xavi can whip him into shape you'll have one hell of a player
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:40 pm

The rumored fee I’ve seen is 80-90m so he’s definitely worth that much if Frenkie is evaluated at 85m then Bernardo’s worth should surely be upwards of 100m but more so than that I think he’s so key for City and Peps system that he’s rather priceless. Seems to good to be true of coruse, I expect them to sell FDJ and get no one or some average bum

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:52 pm

I would like to tell you to stop dreaming about Bernardo Silva lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Dreams is all barka fans have left, rather do that than face reality that Kessie will be our only mid signing :/

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:14 pm

De Jong is a professional lad and he loves Barcelona but at the end of the day he hasn't been all that. Partly cause of the shit coaches Barça have appointed over the years and no sporting direction. All in all his impact has been lesser than that of Rakitić who was also a good soldier. Feel sorry for him, because Manchester United would totally be a step down. Hopefully Barça can get good money from this transfer.

Silva was a possibility last season with him openly wanting to leave. I don't think he is as keen this season. He will likely run his contract out until 2025 but you never know. If he wants to leave, I'm sure Pep will persuade him to join Barça.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:55 am

Dont these daily transfer rumours get boring n pointless after a while? Zzzz... anyway, even if real I'd say fuk Man U n just stay at Barca, even if they pay u more... why downgrade n having to play in such a messed up team with having to feed old CR for this stats XD, instead just enjoying life at Barca.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:14 am

He does want to stay, but if they make him unwelcome then he'll agree to leave. I'm assuming this is because of his high salary, because replacements are scarce and expensive and I doubt Xavi would be so willing to downgrade.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:32 am

You're broke. This was expected when Laporta took over from Fartomeu's disaster. A period of rebuild has already commenced. A lot of your assets and contracts are being leased to third parties as we speak. Players will be leaving one by one to pay your debts and comply with the rules.

This is what happened to Arsenal circa 2000s, although not due to mismanagement but to build Emirates. You'll have to survive the storm and hopefully will good management you can climb back to the top in 4-5 years.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:48 am

That's already happened, they've sold a % of TV rights, naming rights and part of  Barça Licensing & Merchandising (the last one is actually quite a good deal as I understand)

As for players leaving, they should all fuck off except for Pedri, Ansu, Gavi, Araujo. Really only these 4 players are worth keeping (assuming FDJ is already 95% out the door, Id also keep Alba and Auba but they're not key players for the future anyway)

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:11 pm

Every statement he's made he says he wants to stay. How is he 95% out?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:36 pm

Just my feeling. Rumors from every source are in agreement except for the fee, he doesnt want to leave but doesnt strike me as the type of guy to resist much if they tell him he has to go

His salary next season would be something crazy, reports now that it could even be higher than 12m

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:46 pm

Poor DeJong. At Barca he was fighting for the league and played in CL and Barca are pushing him out to a (atm) midtable team who are in EL. If I were him I'd refuse or get my agent (how useless is he?!!) to contact other European clubs.

This reeks of ADM all over again. Why are Utd even bothering
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:38 pm

Better be like Di Maria than be like Pogba I guess. Atleast the former got us decent money a year later. So if FDJ does turn out to be like him and fails to crack the rigors of Thursday night football and skeddadles his way out to Paris or something, he could very well fetch us the same kind of cash we are rumoured to be paying now.

But off chance he does like it here, playing under his former coach, in his favored position, and ofc earning obscene amount of money, we will have a handy little player for some years to come.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:13 am

It's really a shame what's happening with this guy. Through no real fault of his own. I've always rooted for him to succeed.

Unfortunately he joined Barca at the worst possible time. As a former Ajax player, getting a shot at Barca is a dream.
It's like graduating to the big brother club of Ajax, where dreams come true. And Frenkie's came true. Only the dream became a nightmare.

Without any team cohesion, sporting-wise and mentally, how is Frenkie supposed to show what he's made of?
Plus Barca have always been known to squander talent, even during their good days.

He's truly a team player with outstanding individual skills. He's got an immense engine combined with amazing technical skills. It's rare to see a combination of those things at that level.
I'm really surprised Xavi doesn't rate him higher.

Though, considering his skillset, I've always thought he'd be a good fit at Bayern. They seem to get the most of out high-engine players with good fundamentals. It's just a German thing.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:35 am

I dont think he will take a pay cut, but he also doesnt want EL. Man Utd would probably give him a very high salary, but cant give him CL next season. Tough cookie to crack.

I think this saga will drag on until Barca is certain they can approach and negotiate for B.Silva (there are rumors that they're testing the waters and don't want to be left with nothing if FDJ is sold)

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Barca asking their players to take a "big pay cut" so they can pay 40m per year to Lewandowski Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:48 pm

Lewandowski will also take a pay cut to play for a better team than his current employers.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next