The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 32 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Nivash Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:04 pm

LLorente's done enough to warrant at least a place on the bench. He's performed well in most chances that he's gotten. It's not a matter of being special or not (he does seem to have the potential to develop into a very good player). It's also uncommon that a DM/defensive CM ever looks like they have something particularly special. Their position is entirely meant to be mundane, doing the jobs noone wants to do, and even less people want to watch being done

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 32 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Doc Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 pm

I would quicker believe this is more of a personal matter than Zidane objectively thinking he is not good enough considering he consistently gives Lucas Vasquez game time.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:18 pm

i have also seen the name of Reguilon thrown around as someone who wold be allowed to leave, with Zidane back, it's clear that Marcelo is a key player for Zidane.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:21 pm

Biggest mystery right now tbh. Llorente is basically starter level but as soon as ZZ came back he's been thrown back to the stands. What do we do when Casemiro gets injured again? Bunch of squared pegs in round holes again Rolling Eyes not only Llorente but Reguillon too. Sad
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:27 pm

starter level, lol he is not. he is an average footballer with a very average skillset, and no dominant attribute. Im not even mad at Zidane for not liking him, maybe it's his headless chicken running style with his head down, who knows

Zidane likes Valverde more than he does Llorente, he is a better talent for sure. Valverde is going to be there and if Llorente leaves and we need to sign someone else, it's not that difficult to sign a basic DM/box to box
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:32 pm

Yeah I ain't mad either tbh. I mean, I'm still mad we got KO'd by Barcelona twice in the space of week in 2 different competitions AND got belted by Ajax in the Bernabeu. But Llorente and Regi not starting is just how things are with football clubs at that level...or any level at this point.

In any case, Hala gets to see mediocre Castilla product Lucas Vasquez start so it's all good (:
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:35 pm

And i support Reguilon and Llorente getting loaned/sold respectively. They're actually similar in that they are both functional footballers, but this is Madrid and we need elite talent. I'd support Zidane getting a young elite LB and bringing Reguilon back when Marcelo is gone. I'd also support Zidane bringing in one or two great midfielders, which is where Llorente becomes expendable and keeping the better talent (Valverde) as the last midfield option might be a plausible idea.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:37 pm

im not even mad about any of that, just curious to see where Zidane takes the team this summer and i hope we make our signings fast

and what TMO said, if you want to swap Reguilon and Llorente for Ndombele and Mendy, i do it in a heartbeat
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:54 pm

@cyborg, in italy pogba had vidal in his prime and pirlo (not necessarily in his prime but still good enough) supporting him, so he was able to do more. i'm not sure how zidane plans on using him, but if he operates similar to how deschamps utilizes him for france, i'm not completely against the move. i like pogba as a footballer, i don't think utd was the right fit.

are we the right fit? who knows, i don't know what the team will look like next season so its tough to say how he'll fit and so on. my thing is, if its the coach that wants him, then the coach probably has an idea on how he wants to utilize him....and all that is if there is any truths to these rumors. for all we know it could just be pogba's team, putting everyone on notice that he wants out
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:42 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:im not even mad about any of that, just curious to see where Zidane takes the team this summer and i hope we make our signings fast

and what TMO said, if you want to swap Reguilon and Llorente for Ndombele and Mendy, i do it in a heartbeat

Lol, you guys!!

You are always going on about changing the bench team. We do need a bench team to be able to compete in three competitions! If Ndombele or Mendy come, it will be to start and it means exit of Kroos oe Marcelo not Llorente or Reguilon!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:58 am

we are going on about signing better players, you can sign Ndombele and Mendy to compete with Casemiro and Marcelo. In the case of Mendy it woud be more of a succession plan, whereas for Casemiro it's just competition, a way better ball skilled box to box mid than casemiro.

only downside of this would be losing 2 academy, which we need a minimum of in the squad as per the rules
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 am

Sure, it could make Marcelo and Kroos become rotational but it can also help them raise their game. Point is, Madrid needs competition as these guys clearly can motivate themselves through non competitive means.

Signing the likes of Ndombele and Mendy (just examples) would either sink or swim certain players on the team.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 am

Weird double post...

Last edited by Doc on Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:45 am

Lmao @ ndombele and mendy. Why are they even being discussed? They're not coming here

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:22 am

Clutch wrote:Lmao @ ndombele and mendy. Why are they even being discussed? They're not coming here

From Modric to Ndombele, that's a big step down. We need quality not the black version of Kovacic. Gimme Kante please
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 am

Valkyrja wrote:
Clutch wrote:Lmao @ ndombele and mendy. Why are they even being discussed? They're not coming here

From Modric to Ndombele, that's a big step down. We need quality not the black version of Kovacic. Gimme Kante please

I'm sure we would all prefer Kanté, but unless he actually wants to come here, I highly doubt it's going to happen.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:25 am

It wouldn't happen even if he wants to come, as Chelsea surely will not want to sell another starter during the transfer ban and Kante DEFINITIVELY is not the character to pull a Dembélé to force a sale
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:38 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:It wouldn't happen even if he wants to come, as Chelsea surely will not want to sell another starter during the transfer ban and Kante DEFINITIVELY is not the character to pull a Dembélé to force a sale

He doesn't have shit for brains, you mean.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:28 pm

we would all like kante, but as mentioned they won't sell hazard and kante in the same window with their current situation. in actuality, i would rather sign kante than hazard, and have us look elsewhere for another attacking mid. but i think the club views hazard as the most realistic signing this window so they want to close that first before tougher negotiations on other players
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:30 pm

According to Bild, Zidane wants Jadon Sancho, which would make sense since we're in dire need for a RW

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/borussia-dortmund/bvb-jadon-sancho-real-madrid-zinedine-zidane-61464242.sport.html

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

@Clutch, since you know everything right? Ndombele, and Mendy are certainly viable candidates. If they are not on your radar, you've been watching this season with your eyes closed.

@Valk, Modric has been mostly trash this season and he isn't getting any younger. At some point we will need to make a change whether you like it or not. Besides, Ndom likely wouldn't be the replacement for Modric, someone like Eriksen would be. Also, Kante isn't coming with Chelsea's transfer ban and even if he did his signing wouldn't make sense. We have Casemiro playing the DM role, Kante as we have seen this season isn't nearly as good as a B2B. Ndom is a natural B2B at least.

Last edited by vanDEEZ on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:27 pm

Freeza wrote:According to Bild, Zidane wants Jadon Sancho, which would make sense since we're in dire need for a RW

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/borussia-dortmund/bvb-jadon-sancho-real-madrid-zinedine-zidane-61464242.sport.html

Personally, I don't think it makes sense. He is a right footed RW, we need a left footed RW like Pepe to make ZZ's system work. And 180m no thanks. That would be almost 2/3rds of our budget.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:50 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

@Clutch, since you know everything right? Ndombele, and Mendy are certainly viable candidates. If they are not on your radar, you've been watching this season with your eyes closed.

@Valk, Modric has been mostly trash this season and he isn't getting any younger. At some point we will need to make a change whether you like it or not. Besides, Ndom likely wouldn't be the replacement for Modric, someone like Eriksen would be. Also, Kante isn't coming with Chelsea's transfer ban and even if he did his signing wouldn't make sense. We have Casemiro playing the DM role, Kante as we have seen this season isn't nearly as good as a B2B. Ndom is a natural B2B at least.

Casemiro is much inferior to Kante in the pivot. If Zidane wants to implement his favorite 4231 Valverde and Kante are imo our best option. I'm not a fan of Ndombele, he doesn't have the technique and vision to make a difference in the final 3rd and neither the work-rate to to go full b2b. Kante and Valverde are both quick and can run for days while the latter also has the passing range and technique of someone like Kroos.

We need a change not only in the personnel but also in the way we play. We shouldn't look for like-for-like replacements.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:19 pm

I'm sorry Valk, but I am really confused with what you are saying.

His "favorite" 4-2-3-1? In his 2.5 years I'm pretty positive he played either a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond about 99% of the time. So where is the evidence that his favored formation is a 4-2-3-1? Correct me if I am wrong.

And your assessment of Ndom v Kante is entirely backwards. Ndom currently plays as a B2B and he has been bossing this season. He might not have AM like vision in the final 3rd but that's not what we need of a B2B -> that is Modric/Isco/Eriksen's job. And if you are curious how Kante has played as a B2B this season just ask any Chelsea fan. They have been crying out all season for Sarri to put him back in his favored position as a DM.

And I'm not even going to get into the Fede conversation, the guy is a rotation player at best.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:47 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Yes.

Also, it's not their quality, its just that Real dont typically spend money on those positions unless if they're for backups at best not starters

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:18 pm

In recent history we bought Modric, Kroos, Xabi, Khedira. All of these guys went straight into the starting XI.

Besides, this logic of using knowledge of prior purchasing is a bit faulty considering Zidane has more purchasing power than any manager bar Mourinho has in the past. If ZZ believes we needs these types of players like I think we do, and he has the money that I think he does, we will buy these types of players.

Ultimately, if the reports are to be trusted that we have about 300m + player sales, there are going to be about as many changes as we saw in 2009. So don't expect Fede to be starting next season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next