The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:38 pm

i never questioned his ability to score goals, but his quality with the ball is dreadful. The quality of his team mates doesnt change that.

Jovic has the goodies but i dont think we can afford the risk at this point. he would be a perfect project behind your main CF who is at least consistent with his goals.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 18 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:58 pm

I haven't watched a single performance from Jovic. Hopefully, Zidane has his eyes set on a capable goalscorer. He used to be our sporting director, after all.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:14 pm

Let's put it this way, as we are a club looking to sign a sure thing number 9 with proven experience scoring goals, and still in his early to mid 20's, Icardi is a clear number 1 choice.

We can sign him for his pedigree only
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Well, it's not only about his pedigree at this point in time. Interested, top  clubs clearly don't want anything to do with Wanda and her shitshow, regardless of whether or not Icardi is pulling her strings, as I've seen some people suggest. I don't want that kind of drama at this club, either.

As much as I think we would benefit greatly from his goalscoring ability, it wouldn't be worth it if he and/or his wife destabilize the peace. Wanda seems incredibly entitled. I don't even want to imagine the type of shit she could stir up if she decides that he deserves a higher paycheck, because she feels that the fans don't support him enough, or because he gets benched for whatever reason. Real Madrid are no strangers to inflated egos, but it's definitely not something we should pursue.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:07 am

well, embark on the Jovic ride then, if we are ven looking at him, because i can see Zidane asking we sign a Lacazette or Auba in the summer to back up Benzema lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:26 am

We had plenty of chances to sign Aubameyang in the past, I think that ship has sailed. His once exceptional speed seems to have dropped quite a bit over the past two seasons, and he'll be 30 by the time we get a chance to sign him. I don't believe anyone would mind signing him as a backup, but that doesn't seem very plausible, nor reasonable Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:22 am

we are not signing a forward who can score goals, i see us signing a backup type forward with little to no cache or an over the hill forward who wouldn't mind being on the bench and investing strongly in the midfield. you guys really think zidane is going to have benzema on the bench? like really? mbappe will only be available when his contract runs out , that is if psg are stupid enough not to have him sign an extension say by next season. i
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:05 am

But Benzema and another forward can coexist in the line up though. The fker doesn't be in the box anyway and moves like an AM most of the time so another forward would make his job a little bit easier. Either that or we magically find a goal scoring winger/forward.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:36 am

Beggars can't be choosers. If we can get any bonafide scoring help, i'll be happy. Tired of shooting for the stars, drawing blanks... and then nothing as a plan B.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:11 am

I haven't done this in a while, but this is my fantasy rebuild, with somewhat realistic targets (although some will disagree)

1) let Marcelo walk, and sign a premier left back: Alex Sandro, Alaba, Lucas types... Point is to have an experienced player rather than a prospect, specially with Reguillon as back up.

2) everything seems fine at CB and RB with Militao replacing Vallejo, after 2 years we now have 4 CBs we can field. unless Ramos can't renew his deal, no need to replace him now.

Courtois/Keylord
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Sandro/Alaba
Odriozola-Nacho-Militao-Reguillon

3)my theory on midfield is that playing the likes of modric and kroos down there has become too cute, and i am tired of seeing them getting outrunned and outpaced in damn near every game now, seriously. Since i think a double pivot is the way forward, sell Kroos, and start by bringing Rabiot for free; then try to get Kante too, and if that's not possible, go for Ndombele. Honesty any combination of those 3 is good for me, and i would have them running my double pivot. Casemiro as back up is fine, along with Llorente  or Valverde.

Rabiot - Ndombele/Kante
Casemiro-Llorente

4) I am not touching at Vinicius on the left. I sign Hazard to play a free role as my number 10. and on the right is where you have the most headache. I would throw the money at Liverpool (in before unique comes here to complain Rolling Eyes) for Salah. I mentioned Mane in another thread because i remember him being great on the right at Southampton, although he is now playing on the left. there are other names like Sterling, Nicolas Pepe, Sancho... but again, i would throw money at pool for Salah.

Salah-Hazard-Vinicius
Asensio/Vasquez-Modric-Rodrygo

5) except for Mbappe and Kane, the list of the under 26 strikers in europe is terribly depressing. i am assuming those two are of the list so i see this going two ways: a) Icardi, shitty player but good scorer; forget about Wanda; b) Jovic, more of a project but a lovely talent with a bag of goals this season.

so team looks like this

Courtois
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Sandro
Rabiot-Kante
Salah-Hazard-Vinicius
Jovic

Keylord
Odriozola-Militao-Nacho-Reguillon
Casemiro-Llorente
Asensio-Modric-Rodrygo
Benzema

this is optimistic at best and i can easily swap names for more conservatives players per position. my point is to ditch the 433 which was so heavily based on our 3 man midfield with 0 verticality or attacking threat, and to have a team which forwards who can fly forward. An athletic midfield with players who can carry their weight individually.

this is a more conservative, less optimistic version

Courtois
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-mendy
Rabiot-Ndombele
Pepe/sancho-Hazard-Vinicius
Icardi
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:24 am

What did you do with isco

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 am

Regrettably I can't conceive a first eleven where Isco is a starter. He lacks the qualities to be productive in a 3 man midfield, and he lacks the end product to play in my attacking 3 or 4. Sell him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 am

Ya I agree but we're going to keep him and we're also not changing formations if were being completely honest. Out of Alaba, Mendy, and sandro who would be your top choice? I totally forgot about alaba the player until I saw Bayern and liverpool play the other day

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:20 am

vanDEEZ wrote:Why Cavani though? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless we sell Benzema, and why would we?
we need a proven goalscorer alot more than an up and coming. If we can have 2 great strikers on the bench it'll help us alot. Cavani is at that age were he wont hinder the development of younger guys and he is proven and works hard. No brainer imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:32 am

So nick you want players that done get ran over on the pitch yet you have Rabiot as a starter who is the prime defenition of a passenger. Also Casemiro is the best CDM in Europe, I wouldn't have him changed for anyone let alone a guy who's still wet between his ears (same reason you cast Reguillon aside). If we need to improve the midfield CDM isn't a position I would touch, we have two great players. I would go for a more realistic option at the center like Eriksen whose in his last year of contract and I would play Ceballos.

Hsnt Salah been rubbish this season, one season wonder? Both Sterling and Sane play on the left. The RW is going to be a big headache for us. We need a new player there yer there aren't any quality RWs out there. Who know maybe Rodrygo comes and has Vini esque impact for us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 am

I fully expected disagreements over some picks I made, I'm fine with that. My experience watching Rabiot is different than yours and overall I guess I simply rate h more than you do + he is free and he has some quality of an organizer from the ball

As Iong as you can find 2 box to box players with a high level and potential I'm fine. Key word here is box to box, players will around skills and I just don't think this applies to Casemiro. I would still keep him in the squad by the way.

Players like Ceballos or Eriksen while they run quite a bit, simply don't have a lot of physical presence. I thought about Eriksen a lot, and while he could be interesting to see in a double pivot, it's not where he would be best. At spurs specifically he always play in a 3 man midfield or Ina more forward position. You gain a lot more balance having a double pivot like Ndombele-Kante in my opinion.

Salah is still an excellent player, maybe not sitting at the CR Messi table but he is the best right winger currently on the market and an amazing scoring threat, which is the real reason I want him. I have my issues with the kind of player he is but you would really turn down signing a guy that can score 30 goals per season from the wing? especially in this market where identifying a clear.number 9 target is a headache? lol, not me. Besides, even if we had prime Suarez at number 9 I would still want a scoring winger.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:25 pm

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 18 0wqnjmr6pbm21

:coffee:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:05 am

hazard is really putting up those kind of numbers?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:37 am

There are two Man City players I find really interesting- Gabriel Jesus and Leroy Sane. Both of which are clearly not getting the playing time they deserve by being kept out by Aguero and Sterling respectively (understandable as both are in the form of their life).

I'm a bit surprised by how patient Gabriel Jesus has been, I would have expected him to be somewhere else by now considering Pep keeps going back to the Aguero well. Pretty unlikely we will be able to get him as his contract is until 2023, but it could be a good capture. Only thing is we would have to leverage his lack of playing time at city as a selling point to come to Madrid. Well another issue is that we are running out of Non-EU spots. I don't think he has his citizenship yet- also Brexit, not sure how that would effect things.

Then there is Sane, yes he mostly plays on the left and excels there and we just had this conversation about Mane- BUT unlike Mane he is left footed and hasn't really played much from the right. I could see him making the transformation from LW to more of a left footed inside forward-type RW player for us (like a Mane but opposite foot and wing). Also he is not as 'un-gettable' as others looking at his lack of playing time and the fact that his contract is up in 2 years.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:30 am

I would LOVE if the club could somehow reach an agreement with City to get Sane. Would be such a perfect solution to our RW dilemna. Emphasis on the somehow because while he isn't a guaranteed starter, he does start often and Pep loves to have a side capable of challenging on every front.

Would be one of Perez finest deal making if he can pull that off.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:40 am

Doc wrote:I would LOVE if the club could somehow reach an agreement with City to get Sane. Would be such a perfect solution to our RW dilemna. Emphasis on the somehow because while he isn't a guaranteed starter, he does start often and Pep loves to have a side capable of challenging on every front.

Would be one of Perez finest deal making if he can pull that off.

I don't realistically see that happening, unless Kroos sells the club to Sané like prime Saul Goodman. It would be a fantastic signing, though hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:00 am

Had to look up Luka Jovic highlights, since I haven't seen a single match from him and he seems to be linked to pretty much all top clubs, all of a sudden. I have to say, the highlights look fairly impressive. Not only does he look confident, energetic and clinical, but he seems to have pretty good vision as well. And he turned 21 in december. Almost sounds too good to be true. It's always going to be a gamble with these one season wonders, though. I'm not suggesting he is, but he's far from proven or established at this point in time.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:51 pm

Based on the highlights, Jovic looks alright, but i sense he's lacking a certain physicality... He seems to have good finishing; he reminds me of the Benzema-ish modern striker/ss mold.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Here's a thought that just popped into my head, what if we got BOTH Icardi and Jovic. I was thinking of the damned Zidiamond, and where it went wrong for Zidane was the personnel up top just doesn't fit that. Ron-Benz yeah, but Benz-Bale no, Ron-Bale Heck no.

Icardi Jovic
Hazard
Kroos Casemiro Erikson
Marcelo Ramos Varane Carvajal
Courtois

Would leave Benz and Vinicius on the bench, especially Vini would not be preferable, but I don't see how Vinicius couldn't be the first one off the bench.

The advantage of the above lineup is that 1) there are plenty of goals in that team, 2) it fits a preferred Zidane line up even if I don't personally like it, 3) it does fit the players pretty well- Icardi can just pick off any chance, Jovic can play his SS role, and Hazard would be free to roam from the left to center and 4) most importantly I think we can get that team with the quoted amount of money.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Deez, not to dampen your thought, but it doesn’t sound like Hazard nor Eriksen will be cheap. Chelsea is already signaling 100 - 120, and with Tottenham, I would be surprised to see a 120+ demand. And with Wanda in charge of Icardi, god knows what that will cost?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:08 pm

Apparently, Zidane has told his players, they all are at ground zero. This initially sounded like it applied to Isco, Marcelo, Navas, Bale, Asensio, but I hear now it was to everyone. In other words, the players have to put in sustained and quality efforts in remaining 10 games to be up for consideration for next year’s team. Noone should assume they are staying or for that matter starters.

This evaluation will be done first before considering who to bring in (I assume other than Hazard).
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next