El Gunner
BarrileteCosmico
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Awards Season 2019 - Page 5 Empty Re: Awards Season 2019

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:15 am

Freeza wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Couldn't believe my eyes when checked the winners this morning and saw that Green Book won. Still happy for main man Viggo though. And I have to say the outrage at the win has been highly entertaining.

At the end of the day though, people should take the oscars less seriously.

The Oscars have so much cultural capital really. They’re ruining it more every year though.

The best picture category is the least cultural relevant at this point though.

I think best director is probably the most telling at this point. It’s the one category that seems to be idiot proof. Since the directors pick the nominees in their category, I would want them to vote for all categories. It's obvious the body as a whole have no idea about what filmmaking entails when Bohemian Rhapsody wins for editing in both film and sound, and Green Book wins for best screenplay. That screenplay is legit horrific after having read 20 pages of it, it reads like a 14 year old idiot's debut screenplay.

But just look at the best picture winners since 1994 and how so many of them have become jokes in culture.

There’s like 5 choices that went to one of the best movies of the year.

Literally no one at the office mentioned the oscars, and my coworkers love to chit chat by the coffee machine. They don't really matter to anyone any more.

Also you might enjoy this article form a month ago:
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/01/experts-predict-black-panther-and-blackkklansman-will-lose-best-picture-to-the-one-about-a-white-guy-who-had-a-black-friend-once/

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:16 am

People talk about the Oscars, though. It might not just be you, but people talk and they still have weight.

I don't think it's the most important thing ever in film, but saying "they don't matter to anyone any more" is just not accurate.

I say that as someone who generally dislikes award shows, the Oscars, and certainly wishes they didn't matter to anyone anymore
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:00 pm

The best talents and work is in Television, the movie industry at the moment are in a continuous state of mediocrity.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5