titosantill
Thimmy
The Demon of Carthage
17 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:19 pm

That's the thing btw. If you're going to have a number of fringe players, older players and kids... then you set up like Simeone, Mourinho and Conte. It all becomes about the system and the system is more about not conceding goals because you can't rely on consistently creating chances and scoring a certain number of goals.

The whole season has been one big exercise of naivete.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:No point in making a coaching change again.

This is a transition season, objective is to qualify for the CL. we had 5 wonderful years winning CLs and so, having 1 year of 0 success is not a big deal. just gotta keep planning the rebuild

Failing to qualify for CL is not in the plan though. Our next match is away to Betis who are 4 points below us. The next match after that is against Sevilla. The way we are playing its not impossible to think by February we may find ourselves in 6th or even 7th.

I think at that point it will make sense to hire a proper manager to get us through the end of the season. Hypothetical of course.
I did say the goal is to qualify for CL didn't i? Im just acknowledging that this is a transition year and after all that we have won, we should take it easy.

At least im taking it easy

I get what you are saying, and I agree with you to an extent, probably more so than most posters regarding the likelihood of 0 trophies this season.

The problem is, this ideal starts to fall apart at a couple places. 1. We will need to make short term changes (signings and manager switch) if CL is threatened. 2. As we allow this toxic situation to persist, the more damage it will inflict to the club's image- this will impact prospective player values (driving prices up because we are more desperate for players), prospective manager's valuations (who would want to take over the mess we have made, especially if it continues to get worse- Conte already said no because he wasn't given assurances), as well as current player values (supply and demand- teams know we will need to sell and take advantage).

So my point is that it would be more financially savvy, and potentially necessary to bring in a proper manager who can definitely improve upon Solari's performances to make sure we qualify for CL and make sure the image of the club does not slip so far as to create problems for us in the summer when many deals will need to be made.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:30 pm

bit of a shock result here Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:32 pm

With the way we have played against the likes of Eibar, CSKA, Rayo, and Huesca, it really isn't surprising.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:32 pm

lol vandeez wants us to milk the new coach syndrome till the end...and it may not be a bad idea; every month hire a former madrid player, to get players and fans (for some reason i don't understand, fans are always excited when they see a former player on the bench) psyched up, then sack him after.

in all seriousness, i have reasons why i'm not keen on a new coach yet, and i'll detail them when i get in a better mood. sociedad could have washed us with 3 had they not missed that last chance smh.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:41 pm

Sacking Solari to hire a Conte for example now and signing him 2-3 players now would be quite hilarious though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:45 pm

Haha, that might not be the worst idea. But no, I'm just suggesting they correct the mistake they made of appointing Solari in the first place. I was saying this before he was appointed, but he is statistically one of, if not the worst Castilla manager of all time. Why on earth would they deem him qualified to coach the first team? Plus the eye test on Castilla when he was in charge confirms how bad it was. If the eye test was good, or there was something else, some intangible to give Solari some credence then sure- but there is nothing. He is just a bad manager, with his [former player] name attached.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:49 pm

Solari was a very poor hire indeed. I think it's an over reliance on players and thinking that if they are happy with a coach lie they were with Zidane, they will get the results. Also, Solari i would argue can be easily manipulated by the board and be forced to play certain guys if that's what they want.

There is no doubt, he is a poor coach. But they are now force to ride with him till end of the season, it's bad optics to sack two coaches in the same season.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:09 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:The Bernabeu is empty: Third worst turnout of the season with just 53,412 in attendance.

Please continue with your transfer policy. Don't change a thing.

Do you ever give it a rest? As if Uncle Flo didn't know you need investment. He can't buy 5 players after every week, you'll have to wait until summer. Just keep calm for 6 months, can you do that?
Other people here support clubs like Newcastle you know, and they still don't annoy everyone week in week out complaining
Oh and also you guys can stop acting as if Solari wasn't an interim solution anyway.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:12 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:The Bernabeu is empty: Third worst turnout of the season with just 53,412 in attendance.

Do you ever give it a rest? As if Uncle Flo didn't know you need investment. He can't buy 5 players after every week, you'll have to wait until summer. Just keep calm for 6 months, can you do that?
Other people here support clubs like Newcastle you know, and they still don't annoy everyone week in week out complaining
Oh and also you guys can stop acting as if Solari wasn't an interim solution anyway.
people here act like we have not won 4 Cls recently lol. i remember a time when we spent 10 years being shit. this is nothing, people are being way too dramatic on this board like it's the end of the world lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

hans, seriously, keep your trolling for another time.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 pm

chad4401 wrote:Isco is lowkey why LV got a red, wasting time in midfield doing fuckery with isco lost the ball got a red, carvajal when isco is on the pitch is also catering to him, that another why he needs to hit the bench he is a distraction that always needs pitying.

You what the commentators said about isco? Last 2 years at the club zero assists to benzema, today 3 defend charging down on him benzema free beside him, shoots instead like he always does but he is so creative yeah right he is trash, LV had 5 assists to benzema in the same span and everybody treats him like shit what the difference?

Chad, brother, I think you might be wasting your time because I think everyone of the Real posters has put you on ignore and can't actually see your posts, not that I blame them - I consider myself the biggest Isco hater on here and even for me your posting is monomaniacal to the point I would consider strangling you just to shut you up.
You're right of course, but saying it once a week suffices.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:17 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

hans, seriously, keep your trolling for another time.

I'm not actually trolling.
I'm just puzzled that you actually seem to believe that you can see Madrid are shit and need investment, but the man who's been president for more than a decade and has landed countless galacticos in his time can't somehow see it
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:21 pm

I didn't say he couldn't see it. I said that he didn't act on it even though he could see it.

He has had countless opportunities to strengthen the squad, yet for some unknown reason he didn't. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with me pointing it out.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:22 pm

You know you're trolling. Come on hans, you and futbol, men who I would gladly have many beers with most normal, enjoy seeing Madrid do shit. Don't pretend you're not having a grand time. As for DoC, I'll agree, he sometimes move like Flo could easily just sign guys because Madrid but he has a legit point. We are in this particular mess because of his and Sanchez transfer policy.

Don't stop being you though. I appreciate it
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Also, Flo and Sanchez know very well the team needs proper investment as they continuosly buy new "prospects".
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 pm

It's near impossible to build a team with galacticos in 2019. The prices on the market are too high. You have to strike gold on young players, count on your veteran guys, and then signing 1 galactico or two if you can.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:24 pm

I'll have a long answer to this in the respective [serious] marked started thread by Demon soon, to prove that I am not trolling, as I am not.
I'm in good spirits and talkative because Madrid has lost again, it's great fun to stroll into the Real section and have a healthy debate with you guys, isn't it, I can't deny this, but I'm not actually trolling
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Being very pissed off with Flo is absolutely justified in the context of this season...  while still loving his overall impact on the club.

Comparing expectations of Newcastle fans with Real Madrid fans...  is the worse comparison I've seen on GL so far.  It's like comparing the expectations of someone buying a Ferrari to someone buying a Fiat.  They're both completely irrelevant to each other.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 pm

I prefer if you and unique trolled. At least it'll be fun.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:44 pm

Well to Flo's defence i think nobody saw the day that Marcelo, Ramos, varane, Modric, Casemiro, Kroos and Bale who all were considered atleast top 5 player in their positions, perform as shit as this.

it's like someone has put some voodoo magic shit on them.

Perez did not sign a world class winger to replace Ronaldo. that i blame him. but nobody saw this coming. nobody.

at worst we thought we are not going to win another CL or even Liga. but being this shit is something else.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:08 pm

Glad i decided to focus on my studies than watch this match. Seems the same old players are the culprits for the loss which at this point is not surprising
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:07 pm

So how many games isco gonna come off the bench and barely run, play defense, press or create, all I hear it is the manager fault, yet so manager benched him quickly and the only who one relied on him got fired asap, never seen how a player been so trash in my life and is never at fault, 2 years without an assist for benzema but can shit on benz LMAO definition as garbage.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:45 pm

if benzema is averaging 40 goals a season and isco doesn't have an assist for him, then that stat holds water. with his less than average output in the last 2 seasons, ofcourse a bench player won't have enough assists for him. its simple math. anyways i want both of them and bale and a host of others gone. its time to rebuild

however let's be clear chad, you wanted flo to give this same group a chance at the start of the season, you hailed lope. and whilst isco has now become the target of your rants, prior to that it was cristiano. well, cristiano has left and we gave the keys to different drivers and now we are struggling for a ucl spot with alavez . simple question, we know isco has been garbage, there's no news there, he holds the ball a lot , no news there.....but is isco the cause of our problems this season?
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:49 pm

@mamad, i think based on our league form last season, we realized it was a problem and especially with our talisman gone. what i give flo credit for is, he gave the team a chance (Even though i didn't like the decision). if flo didn't give them a chance and went for replacements, people would go "if he had left the team together and not broken them up they'd have done better". but now there's no excuse for anyone. flo gave all of them a chance to prove they where elite without cristiano, and now we are battling with freaking alavez. now they can't get mad at flo with regards him selling them or the coach he chooses to hire
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

I thought it was a reasonable assumption that one of Asensio or Isco would come good.

I didn't think it was a reasonable assumption to expect Bale and Benzema to overcome the loss of Ronaldo. What's worse, we didn't even back those two up with viable alternatives.

Not replacing Ronaldo is decision I will never understand given the recent output (the past 2 years) of the other strikers. It was downright negligent.

You don't take a Lebron James off a team, replace him with nothing and expect the team to perform at a top level. It's simply not realistic.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next