Mamad
Valkyrja
M99
farfan
huntsman
54 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:00 am

My problems are more with the fact that until it was insanely clear that he couldn't, he wanted to keep playing Dier as a DM even though Dier is not good enough for the Chinese league. He wouldn't play Lo Celso until recently when Lo Celso made it clear that he was too good not to play.

N'Dombele continues to suffer under Mourinho.

It's the same old shit on a stick football we're used to with Mou but without the defense. Chelsea will be a big test. Against big teams so far he's failed against United, won against City but was lucky, and failed against Leipzig. I can't recall if that game where Pool got away with a lot of missed chances by Spurs was with Poch or Mou.

If Spurs get CL for next season, it was probably worth it.

I just want him out as soon as possible. the football is so shit

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: Jose Mourinho Sack Watch: Spurs Edition

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:53 pm

Always enjoy Mou's sufferings Very Happy Looks like he upset Alli as well who also has a big ego.

Why did Eriksen leave again? I thought he wanted to go to Real? Did Mou want to keep him or not?

Anyway, am hoping for more bad reasons and best of all if Mou loses the dressing room again, that would be so nice to watch Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:07 pm

CBarca wrote:My problems are more with the fact that until it was insanely clear that he couldn't, he wanted to keep playing Dier as a DM even though Dier is not good enough for the Chinese league. He wouldn't play Lo Celso until recently when Lo Celso made it clear that he was too good not to play.

N'Dombele continues to suffer under Mourinho.

It's the same old shit on a stick football we're used to with Mou but without the defense. Chelsea will be a big test. Against big teams so far he's failed against United, won against City but was lucky, and failed against Leipzig. I can't recall if that game where Pool got away with a lot of missed chances by Spurs was with Poch or Mou.

If Spurs get CL for next season, it was probably worth it.

I just want him out as soon as possible. the football is so shit

Tbh under Mourinho you look like a half decent team when both Lo Celso and Ndombele are playing together. The problem is Ndombele can't get match fit, don't know what's up with him. He looks completely tired after 30 mins of football. He had an injury this season too and also if you seen a picture of him in january he was overweight. I mean Pochettino said he would need 2 YEARS to get fully match fit... wtf.. Shocked scratch Mourinho said recently though they completely changed his diet, training regime and everything so we'll see how soon he will be fit. With a proper DM next to Lo Celso and Ndombele next season, this can be a great team. And ofcourse some strenghtening in the defence.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:52 pm

Losing the FA Cup to Norwich

Lost to Chelsea in the battle for 4th

And to Wolves when Chelsea went down and Spurs had a chance to make up for that

Granted, he's been struggling with injuries (as did his predecessor), but he hasn't exactly made a strong argument that sacking Poch was the right move.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 am

I want to say, but I cannot say? Don't ask me to tell?

Noone asked him in the first place, but he volunteers to make a big deal out of blaming Ndombélé's attitude for the loss and shitting on him for 2 minutes?

Unbelievable

Wow

just wow
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:19 pm

He threw that poor man to the wolves without hesitation. But I can't say that I'm surprised really. That's who he is. That's textbook Mourinho. He does everything to completely dissociate himself from blame and paint himself as the victim. Anything to show that the negative results he's getting aren't his fault.

Don't want to go off-topic, but this is one of those times I feel more appreciative of Zidane's character despite his many flaws. I have never seen him throw anybody under the bus.

Against Levante, he watched his team create a gazillion chances and his strikers squander all of them, and yet he didn't say a single bad word about any of them and absorbed all the blame.

I never heard Carlo blame his players either when he was with us.

Mourinho has just a toxic character and would rather watch his club burn to the ground than have his own reputation tarnished.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Only took him like 3 months before publicly shaming his players Laughing

But but but "Mourinho uses controversy in the press to shield players from criticism"

Tbf Ndombele's fitness is shit though
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:21 pm

I mean imagine Klopp defended Moreno and Lovren even after their shit displays time to time Laughing and then there is Mourinho :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:07 pm

it dont matter how bad a player is playing as long as he is giving 100% then the manager should stick by him. if a player is sitting around picking up bags of money and not giving 100% then he deserves to be called out. im with jose on this one.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:22 pm

So its only taken him this little time to start losing the dressing room nowadays Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Prolly get fired in the summer the latest LOOOOL
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:28 pm

he was throwing players under the bus like 3 weeks in lol.

You reap what you sow, no sympathy for Spurs. Do wonder if they'll stick with him though, I forget, did he sign a legit contract or just until the season was up?
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:32 pm

3 years, Firenze.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm

given how cheap Levy can be I bet they stick with him until year 3
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Glad to see Spurs is back to the level they deserve. My heart is filled with joy by this.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:19 pm

Doc wrote:Glad to see Spurs is back to the level they deserve. My heart is filled with joy by this.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:40 pm

Dele Alli says injuries are not to blame for their poor record.

Jose blames poor record on injuries.

I love this.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:08 am

With Poch the results might've been similar but the team looked like it had more of an identity.

Not that it matters as the underlying issue is that the quality of the squad has depleted and not been replaced properly. Levy's years of low spending coming back to hurt Spurs again.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:18 am

The issue was the squad and I don't think results would have been that different under Poch.

To me, him staying through this season was still the decision to make. Strengthen in January, give him the season, and if he wants to stay through the summer while spending money, allow it.

Instead they went with the "win now" button, without realizing Mourinho is no longer that manager. He is just a shit manager with a squad that is injury ridden and shit.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 am

To be fair, there's no way even a Pochettino coached Spurs would have been able to beat the mighty, mighty, RB Leipzig.
They are such a strong, strong team. Laimer, Sabitzer, the finest midfield Austria can offer, no way a team only having players like Lo Celso, Ndombele, English international Winks, could keep them from running the show.
Schick, with his zero CL career goals, the kind of 'box shark' Tottenham just don't have.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:To be fair, there's no way even a Pochettino coached Spurs would have been able to beat the mighty, mighty, RB Leipzig.
They are such a strong, strong team. Laimer, Sabitzer, the finest midfield Austria can offer, no way a team only having players like Lo Celso, Ndombele, English international Winks, could keep them from running the show.
Schick, with his zero CL career goals, the kind of 'box shark' Tottenham just don't have.

All you're saying here, if we read you correctly between the lines, is that Leipzig will be Ajax-ed in the summer.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:47 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:To be fair, there's no way even a Pochettino coached Spurs would have been able to beat the mighty, mighty, RB Leipzig.

All you're saying here, if we read you correctly between the lines, is that Leipzig will be Ajax-ed in the summer.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:32 pm

Is he gonna make it past the summer?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:35 pm

hard to see how he would get sacked

but not a good start
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:48 pm

frustrating to think Poch died for... this
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:02 pm

Mou is at 1.55 ppg since becoming Tottenham manager. Poch was sacked at 1.16ppg

Mou has been given 20 matchweeks to achieve that total. Poch was given 12 matchweeks.

Mou is still performing better, but not by very much. He's also crashed out of the FA Cup and CL.

Turns out that hiring Mou was as bad of a decision as we all predicted it would be.

Mou is DONE (has been done for a while)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:02 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:frustrating to think Poch died for... this

Incredible really
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum