Glory
rincon
urbaNRoots
Firenze
33 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Next Numpty?

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap17%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap8%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap21%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap13%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_lcap29%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 24

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Empty Re: Next Manchester United manager?

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat 19 Jan - 22:08:09

He isn't doing anything revolutionary, he's putting the right players on the pitch, and letting them play.

The biggest change was just removing the toxic tumor that is Mourinho.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 7 Empty Re: Next Manchester United manager?

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat 19 Jan - 22:11:37

He has been winning for seven games straight though. It can't be just thanks to the manager-change syndrome. He must be doing something right.

In my view, he's not great tactically, but he knows the strength and weaknesses of his players and makes sure to make them feel most comfortable by playing them in their favorite positions.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 19 Jan - 22:14:53

vanDEEZ wrote:He isn't doing anything revolutionary, he's putting the right players on the pitch, and letting them play.

The biggest change was just removing the toxic tumor that is Mourinho.

That's, by far, the most redundantly common thing that's been said about him by pundits and former players. I've been told by colleagues who support Molde, that he does seem to be quite tactically adept, but that remains to be seen, I guess. Must suck to have everyone brush you off as the whatever guy who was lucky enough to reap the treasure left behind by a wasteful dictator Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat 19 Jan - 22:17:23

He's probably doing some great man-management work. I don't know, I'm not in the lockerroom and I haven't seen enough of him on the sideline to know for sure.

But the thing is United have one of the best squads in England, they really shouldn't have been this far down in the first place. They were under performing, and now they are regressing toward the mean.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 19 Jan - 22:17:46

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 19 Jan - 22:19:06

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
In my view, he's not great tactically

What information leads you that conclusion? Have you followed his coaching career?

Truth is we don't know fuck all about his abilities as manager and so far he's won every game with Man United and is closing in ob top4 a few weeks after master tactician Mourinho called getting top 4 a 'miracle' for this team
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 19 Jan - 22:30:36

There is nothing i hate more than these tactics explained videos from English speakers. If you are not a foreigner speaking Spanish or German your video has no credibility for me
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat 19 Jan - 22:34:44

Mr Nick09 wrote:There is nothing i hate more than these tactics explained videos from English speakers. If you are not a foreigner speaking Spanish or German your video has no credibility for me
i though norwegian would have been more of your thing tbh. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 19 Jan - 22:41:52

It's not "my" video, and I don't particularly care about your flimsy opinion, Nick Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 19 Jan - 23:46:14

Where were all the skeptics when Emery faced the bottom 10 of the table in his first 10 games? I don't see anyone hating on him either now that he is facing the top 10 of the table and understandably has some losses
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 19 Jan - 23:50:01

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Where were all the skeptics when Emery faced the bottom 10 of the table in his first 10 games? I don't see anyone hating on him either now that he is facing the top 10 of the table and understandably has some losses

Considering I'm one of the skeptics and i also happen to be one of the most critical of Emery's career that's not a great argument tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun 20 Jan - 4:58:25

@Thimmy, the reason it’s common is because no manager can really fully get his tactics across within the first 7 games. He may have been starting some really in depth tactical changes but we won’t really know until he has at least a full year of top flight football under his belt. Certainly 7 games is not enough.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun 20 Jan - 7:33:11

OGS FOREVER! :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon 21 Jan - 10:34:19

Hapless_Hans wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:
In my view, he's not great tactically

What information leads you that conclusion? Have you followed his coaching career?

Truth is we don't know fuck all about his abilities as manager and so far he's won every game with Man United and is closing in ob top4 a few weeks after master tactician Mourinho called getting top 4 a 'miracle' for this team

This. Hehe.

But then again it seemed Mourinho wasnt even trying anymore. He really is a twisted bleep of a human isnt he? To be spending like 400mil on players, and still throwing hissy fit week in week out, whining about how he was denied signings and how he have lacked quality to compete with a Liverpool side that boasts players who they got from Southampton and a couple of Championship sides. I mean one time the guy implied something like we could do well to finish in top 6 or something. :facepalm:  He was for real viewing Everton as our competitors, fricking Everton, praising their 'aspiration' after they got a couple of Barcelona rejects. Mad

Our play, mostly our attacking play looked so disjoint and blunt. It felt like they weren’t training offense. Felt like they haven’t even played together. And for a so called pragmatic/defensive manager and still conceding 30 goals in a half a season, it suggested he wasn’t training them to defend as well. So, what the bleep was he doing, week in, week out? We had to rely on individual brilliance to just get over the line against the likes of Newcastle and Bournemouth. So, it was a clear as a day, the Scheming One was jeopardizing this entire season to get one over the board. And like his Chelsea days, towards the end, it seemed he was doing everything and saying everything to get the sack and bag that huge severance money. Cnut of the highest order.

So, yea the bottom line is the man wasn’t even trying. Ole came and did the basics  right (so far it seems) and the results have started to show. Regarding his ‘ability’, we are still in the unknown I believe. All we have come to know so far is that the guy is charming and knows to always say the right things. He is a good motivator and man manager and is getting the respect of even big players like Sanchez and DDG (from their recent comments). That quality I believe is the major reason why the run is still going on.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri 25 Jan - 23:40:38

8 games 8 wins from Ole

beaten Spurs and Arsenal away in that timeframe

OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 25 Jan - 23:41:28

he HAS to get the job, no?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri 25 Jan - 23:49:30

he has to get it tbh. not seen a turn around like this from a new manager since i can remember tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 26 Jan - 0:26:24

New manager bounce strikes again Molenation

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1088888066591227904
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 26 Jan - 8:17:36

First your little brother Ode doing lovely things in Holland, now your uncle Ole is doing lovely things in the best league in the world. My goodness @Thimmy, you must be so proud.

My future wife is gonna be Norwegian, it has been written.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 26 Jan - 16:02:02

Can’t complain Smile I do hope Ode goes to a more capable club soon, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat 26 Jan - 16:09:27

I'm praying hard that Ole is a massive success and long may it continue here. Would love for him to prove it until the end of the season and then do well next season. Club legend and extremely likable. Still skeptical, but he seems to know what he's doing and everyone that knew him as a player praises his tactical acumen and analytical skills even back when he was a player. Imagine coming out of the Norwegian league and dominating hipster darlings like Pochettino and Emery ffs. Man even has Lingard looking like a footballer again. Must have bought him the Fortnite boost pack.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat 26 Jan - 16:30:54

I hope Ole continues his success as well. Probably the only way RM have a chance at Poch.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7