Glory
rincon
urbaNRoots
Firenze
33 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Next Numpty?

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap17%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap21%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap13%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_lcap29%Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 24

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Manchester United manager?

Post by Unique Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Arquitescu wrote:That, is just completely false on both counts.

Many others here can attest otherwise.
like who ? i know a lot of posters who thought the guy was a miserable fucker.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Next Manchester United manager? - Page 5 Empty Re: Next Manchester United manager?

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Name two, if thats the case. Just curious.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Arquitescu wrote:RO and I had frequently opposite views to which he used to come out the victor due to his experience, command of language and superior logical reasoning but never did it stop me from learning. His knowledge and calm for the club and his passion for aviation is felt in its absence here. GL needs another like that.
get your tongue out of his ass arqui. only dogs do that. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:33 pm

Of course you would say that in your reactionary pose.

I didn't know praising a friend, fellow LFC fan and a longtime fellow poster who isn't even here anymore is doing just that.

Its just a mere testament.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Back on topic, Raiola is winning the poll
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Back on topic, Raiola is winning the poll
i thought he was one of them super agents scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:40 pm

Unique wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Back on topic, Raiola is winning the poll
i thought he was one of them super agents scratch

Pogba's agent
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:10 pm

As i said it's the no 1 mandate for any manager and he failed to do it spectacularly, when a manager fails to do so the rest of the stuff is completely irrelevant.
He did fail to do that but that's not what he got fired for. Shit results and his players no longer responding (as if they ever did) to whatever (shit) tactics he was implementing. And of course, not meeting expectations the club put on him. To which, I highly doubt the no. 1 expectation was "improve the players or else".

How much more improvement can one get from the likes of Lingard, Young, Jones, Smalling, Rashford, Lukaku, Herrera, Felliani, etc?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:04 am

futbol wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Except it's completely fucking nonsense. Mourinho consistently made his players worse.

Where as everyone in the top 6 is making the players they have better than they were before they managed them.

Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri, Pochettino and Emery, all of them have taken the talent they have to degreeing levels and improved them.

Mourinho has made them worse, that alone is a sackable offence. Anyone who refuses to see this and open their eyes to evidence in front of them can bury their heads in the sand if they want but just know you ain't living in reality.

Oh to answer the question directly, what would Pochettino do with Lukaku ? He probably wouldn't buy him to begin with because you know Mourinho actually bought him, you don't get to buy a player and be absolved of blame when said player doesn't perform.

As for Fellaini, he only plays because Mourinho is a dinosaur and prefers kicking people over actual talent. They have much better options who are totally ignored because Mourinho is incapable of actually coaching attacking football so again Fellaini wouldn't play under Pochettino.

Never knew there were so many people who want to make excuses for a manager who has failed to stop his players regressing much less improving them.

Because you know the no 1 job of a manager which he failed to do so spectacularly.

Making excuses for Mourinho? Me? I started the Sack Thread before he was officially appointed. Laughing

Mourinho's usual 3rd season meltdown doesn't change the fact that United have been mismanaged from board level for years.

First appointing van Gaal - then Mourinho, the complete opposite of van Gaal style-wise. What's the thought process behind this from board level?

Signing bunch of has beens like Schweinsteiger, Ibra, Falcao, Di Maria, Valdes just because of their names.

Signing straight up frauds and donkeys like Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Depay, Rojo etc.

Plus fraudulent leftovers of the SAF era like Young, Jones, Smalling.

Has there been a worse transfer history of any big club ever?

The one true elite talent they signed is an overrated manchild.

Mourinho has also failed but let's not act like this is a squad that should be competing. Getting 2nd last season with these players was the best anyone could have done in a season when City collected 100 points.

And he won even Europa League and other two trophies during first year
Justice for the man
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:16 am

Pochettino signed a new contract last May and loves it at Tottenham. He has grown with this group of players.

If Levy sells Kane, Eriksen, Dele, Lloris or a combination of them without bringing an equal or better player in, Poch would absolutely contemplate leaving I think. If it's multiple players he would be a sure goner.

But I don't think Tottenham plan on this. And if they do not, then Poch stays. This is his project and passion. The fans, the club, everyone loves him. His team is better than Man U. They've got a new stadium opening this season.

Long odds that Poch goes to Man U, absolutely. Possible, but not likely. Not even close.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:36 am

Didn’t he just say this is the most depressed he’s been since becoming a manager? Spurs will have to do more than keep the big names to keep Poch. They can’t continue the no transfer policy of this past summer and expect to keep the manager happy.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:42 am

Can't see Poch moving to United. If a bigger team comes calling perhaps, 5 years at the same club is a long time, but why go to United when your first 2 years of work will just be to get them to the Tottenham level?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:02 am

god you guys are being complete plebs

THIS TEAM FINISHED ABOVE HIS TEAM LAST SEASON/6 MONTHS AGO

both are pretty much exactly the same on paper

we've just gone through a shit period with a terrible coach who lost the team, quality wise we're on par with Spurs for sure

stop being arrogant AF

if we want him, we'll get him  :coffee:

we're a much bigger team than Tottenham Fucking Hotspur and will back him properly in the transfer window, he has plenty of incentives to come here, PLENTY

personally hope we steer far clear though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:06 am

Meh United punched above their weight last year whereas Spurs played worse than they did 2 seasons ago, player by player Spurs are overall much better IMO, and have depth to boot.

Best of luck to you, I think he would definitely improve you, I just wonder if he would be willing to make the move after stopping so many of his guys from going over.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:54 am

One day someone is gonna have to explain to me, in detail preferably with pictures, why Tottenham was better than Utd despite finishing below them last season. With Utd having a better GD too.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:27 am

Doc wrote:One day someone is gonna have to explain to me, in detail preferably with pictures, why Tottenham was better than Utd despite finishing below them last season. With Utd having a better GD too.

cos its united. the expectations are higher, especially taking into account all ed and the board have done in terms of transfers since ferguson left. i see pundits throwing a lot of blame ed's way, but the guy has done almost everything utd fans wanted. his coaches have let him down big time. spurs just provide entertainment value i guess. its like atleti finishing third and us second; anyone would say they had the better year
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:37 am

It's this double standard that is applied in the PL with United. Its understood that United was a worse coached team because of a finished Mou, and had worse players because of their directors, yet they finished second hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:42 am

It's understandable though. United is superior to spurs in pretty much everything (spending power, history, prestige, ...), so naturally, people aren't impressed when they finish second and trophyless. However, if the same thing happens to Spurs, then people will sing their praises and even call them overachievers.

Honestly, United fans should feel flattered by this, because it's a testament to how superior people perceive them to be to clubs like Spurs. Once you reach a certain level of historical and economical success, winning major trophies every year becomes the norm, and if you fail to do that, then you're a failure. In that regard, United has been failing since SAF left them, and they absolutely have no excuse because they have everything from financial muscle to political power to turn it around.

They should replace their board in my opinion. It doesn't matter who's the manager when you have a board of clowns that overspends on frauds and rarely ever looks at elite talent.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:04 am

History is being rewritten here. No one was calling for Mourinho's head last season. He did all right, except in the CL where he massively flopped (Montella rofl ). Its this season where the team has been genuinely terrible. Last season they had a comfortably better season than Spurs, even when comparing the expectations of the two teams.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:52 am

Paul Mitchell's name is being thrown around now for the DoF role. Exciting because, it could very mean Poch could follow him in the summer as the two have good relation working together in the past at both Saints and Spurs.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46618593

Lol EDIT: Now I learning the relation between the 2 werent that 'good' to the extent Poch didnt even want him to continue at Spurs. (Can someone clarify?)

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm

replace their board? their board especially ed has done everything he can. ferguson appointed moyes, moyes wanted players, he gave moyes the players he wanted , fellaini and i think mata. moyes flopped, utd fans and rio called for his head. ed responded, got rid of moyes

people began singing lvg's praises after netherlands beat spain, and finished 3rd at the world cup. lvg is a volatile character, but the fans wanted him and where excited- woodward gave them moyes and signed their most expensive signing ever at the time in di maria, coming off an amazing season with us. i think they signed herrera that year too, lvg quarelled with them (particularly di maria) and then fans called for his head

ed responded, got him out, brought in mourinho who said it was his dream job. this caused a division cos people high in utd hierarchy like bobby charlton absolutely hates mou. but fans wanted lvg out and mou's candidacy was somewhat strong so once again he obliged
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:20 pm

the board has done more now with spending than in ferguson's post cristiano years. they won due to fergie than anything else, he bought kagawa, valencia (supposed to be a rw turned into right back), michael owen, hell bebe, who didn't even have a freaking background. remember when cristiano left, rooney almost left on a free, and (him or his agent) had made comments about wanting to be on a team that competes, and utd pacified him by upping his contract

compare that to all the moneys spent and the players woodward has given the coaches he hired. and mind you, he's not florentino who can decide to sign players without manager's consent, he doesn't have that kind of clout. the board have done all they can and more imo
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Doc wrote:One day someone is gonna have to explain to me, in detail preferably with pictures, why Tottenham was better than Utd despite finishing below them last season. With Utd having a better GD too.

I would put it this way, other than De Gea and Pogba, which United player could walk into the Spurs lineup?

De Gea > Lloris
Young = Trippier
Smalling < Vertonghen
Lindelof < Alderweireld
Shaw = Rose
Fred < Wanyama
Fellaini < Dembele
Pogba > Dele Alli
Mata < Eriksen
Lukaku < Kane
Martial < Son
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:59 pm

I mean it's a myopic view anyway. Last season is a data point as far as the league goes but the overall point is that Tottenham have been consistently better than Man U the last couple years.

I'm not sure why a season where Man U finished 4 points above Spurs should reverse the previous two season's plus this season of EPL football. And while it's by no means perfect, xG that season indicated that Man U had been performong, results wise, above their expectation of play the entire season (DDG had his best season of his career).

That's just numbers. Just watch the teams. It's clear who has been the better team of the last several years. We're talking about the same United who were outgunned and outplayed by Sevilla

Burnley also finished sixth last year and Leicester won the league a couple seasons ago. It's possible for a team to overachieve one season and then regress back to where their mean is. Which is what we're seeing with United right now.

It's also why people who actually watched United wanted Mou out last season (like me, or even Firenze)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Wanyama can't be better than Fred if Wanyama doesn't play. Dier or Winks make more sense. Winks is better than Fred, Dier is equal to or worse since he shouldn't be more than a rotation player for Spurs at best. Absolutely done with him
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Let's not forget that Mou thought Dier would improve his team and put in a 40m bid for him
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next