Firenze
Kaladin
iftikhar
Collblanc
40 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 6 Vote_lcap63%Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 6 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 10 ]
Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 6 Vote_lcap37%Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 6 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 16

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 6 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Post by Unique Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:27 pm

back on topic lads. anyway why has the wheels fell off the liverpool steam train now. they look a shadow of the team we saw at christmas

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 6 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:51 am

Unique wrote:back on moaning lads. anyway why has the wheels fell off the liverpool steam train now. they look a shadow of the team we saw at christmas
The core players have been playing without rotation and now running low on steam. Besides, some key players are injured as well.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:31 am

To add to the ticket pricing debate (because Bayern fans did this when they visited the Emirates, too):

All Premier League away tickets now are capped at £30. This was an agreement reached by a majority of Premier League clubs after protests from fans, who were being asked to pay up to £70 to see their team play away from home. Clubs now also subsidise the cost of travel for a lot of fans. So not only are they missing out on gate revenue, they're paying out millions each season on travel costs as well.

The argument that lowering ticket prices would "cripple" clubs financially doesn't hold up at all. One of the reasons why clubs agreed to this cap was because their TV revenue now surpasses their gate revenue. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it's only the clubs with 50,000+ seater stadiums that still make substantial profit off attendance.

Between the TV money and prize money earned from just being in the Champions League, clubs can easily drop their ticket prices, which would be a worthy trade off if it means you get vociferous travelling support.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:11 pm

rincon wrote:Ok that Metallica analogy is completely irrelevant.

Disregarding fan culture in football is a terrible mistake. Club members and supporter groups are beautiful for the sport, as Hans detailed.

To add to what dany said. I went to the Camp Nou 5 years ago to watch Messi score a hat trick vs Sevilla, he broke the record of La Liga goals in that match. That was Luis Enrique's Barca that won the treble. On paper this is an incredible experience. In reality it's not top 5 matches watched in the stadium for me, maybe top 10 simply because its Messi doing GOAT things breaking records. 0 atmosphere, 0 ambiance, it might as well have been a movie theater. Half empty Roma stadium in coppa Italia had morr noise.

Meanwhile the Dortmund or Madrid fans give you a surreal feeling that's 10 times better experience.

Fans give life to football.

Wow thats interesting to know... I havent been to a real live game and just watch on the screen Sad Would have thought Camp Nou had an amazing atmosphere, while Real would be the quieter one actually... things are often different than from seeing just the surface Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Bernabeu is ok... but not great either.

Juve is one of the goats when it came to ambiance...  i experience the old stadium several times.

Napoli and OM... i feared for my life lol.

Aside from Juve, OM and Napoli... I really enjoyed Dortmund.  Went to a game a while back and it was really a lot of fun.

EPL crowds are pretty subdued too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Marseille fans do come across as a bit...not stable.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:18 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:That's a real banner? It wasn't photoshopped or anything? They truly believe "Twenty is plenty"?!

Good god these people are shameless! No wonder their president has a hard time going north of 40m to sign talent.

I was really hoping Liverpool would wipe the floor with these pretenders, but I forgot that Klopp has developed a tendency over the years of bending over to Bayern every time they meet. They certainly don't deserve to get past the round of 16, but if by chance they do, I hope they draw a team that doesn't feck around and get annihilated beyond recognition.

this was one bad shoot promo demon of cartridge. In the end clubs are businesses as well and need to maintain a certain amount of income. Ticket prices are one of the biggest ways they gain money. Unfortunately that has a negative effect on fans who cant afford them, and protesting that is not something unheard of anyway.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:41 am

sportsczy wrote:Bernabeu is ok... but not great either.

Juve is one of the goats when it came to ambiance...  i experience the old stadium several times.

Napoli and OM... i feared for my life lol.

Aside from Juve, OM and Napoli... I really enjoyed Dortmund.  Went to a game a while back and it was really a lot of fun.

EPL crowds are pretty subdued too.
Anfield too???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:27 pm

Anfield has become a total myth now. The occasional rise to the decibel comes in and now during big games but reaches some astonishing silence during games all too frequently and has been this since for almost a decade now.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Can't wait to welcome back recent h8r Hans, with open arms once the game on Wednesday is over. No lingering emotions, it don't matter. Proud
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 pm

Just put 100€ on Bayern winning the treble so FUCK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BITCHES
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm

as someone that's had faith in Kovac since day 1, tonight is no different

Bayern absolutely got this, as shit as they are
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Just put 100€ on Bayern winning the treble so FUCK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU BITCHES

and fuck me too becaue that money's gone tonight :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Man is drinking early today :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Firenze wrote:as someone that's had faith in Kovac since day 1, tonight is no different

I honestly can't wait for Bayern to win the CL and Hans to pray at the alter of Kovac that i'm going make him build in his back garden.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:51 pm

Kovac got this, his genius will come through.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Don't be dicks

this isn't funny
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 pm

If Kovac doesn't win it (he will), then Mou can go to Bayern in the summer. Bayern is in a win-win situation.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Two nice teams going at it while other scrubs going through ffs, this matchup is a tragedy being so early in the CL
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:02 pm

The amount of things on the line here is insane.

If Bayern go through, Hans will have to accept Kovac is a living deity and bow at the feet of the man.

If Liverpool lose, Nishankly will have to come to terms with the reality Liverpool are the only English team not to qualify for the quarter finals.

If Liverpool win then Hans will have to accept he lost to a team who can't even beat Leicester or West Ham and starts people at LB with 3 first names.

Can't wait, whatever happens i win.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:as someone that's had faith in Kovac since day 1, tonight is no different

I honestly can't wait for Bayern to win the CL and Hans to pray at the alter of Kovac that i'm going make him build in his back garden.

I can repeat Kovac is trash and I have no confidence whatsoever in him proving me wrong. Can't set up a team to dominate, can't set up a team to be compact either. Just really not a very good coach, and not nearly up to the level required for Bayern and a squad of our quality.

It's ME that has to watch this shit football every week, you guys just make a cheeky troll comment every few weeks,
so I know what I'm talking about

THAT BEING SAID

As a fan of the FC Bayern München, I reserve the right to change my opinion at every given moment to every degree imaginable

You are talking to a guy who wanted van Gaal fired by November 2009
then regarded him as the greatest person in the world by May 2010
then wanted him fired again by September 2010

You are talking to a guy who was sceptical if not outright opposed to hiring back Jupp Heynckes in 2011

And I was 100% correct to feel so in every single of these moments in time, notwithstanding what may have happened earlier or later
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:05 pm

After yesterday my priority is You-Know-Who to not win this cup
Need of better team to advance
Forza Liverpool.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:05 pm

I have such mixed emotions about tonight. I really hope we can get an early goal and calm out nerves down. The one big worry I have for tonight is our away form in the CL this season is awful and if we crumble tonight it could be one of the longest evenings of our season.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:09 pm

I can continue to assert the right that every opinion I will assume as a fan of the FC Bayern about affairs regarding the FC Bayern at any given time, I will assume as a natural, genuine, true, legitimate, uncmpromised and definite opinion, regardless of whether I had a different opinion a week, month day, or minute earlier.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:11 pm

Robespierre wrote:After yesterday my priority is You-Know-Who to not win this cup
Need of better team to advance
Forza Liverpool.

After yesterday, we are all Pep fans
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:13 pm

But unfortunately , my prediction
Bayern 60% Liverpool 40%
Bayern are on a better condition for me ( both athletic and mental)

Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next