General Games Discussion

+21
Mr Nick09
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
Lord Spencer
Jay29
The Demon of Carthage
Arquitecto
McLewis
rincon
Pedram
Doc
Myesyats
M99
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Firenze
danyjr
Kaladin
Bellabong
Harmonica
25 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:52 am

Nah it's been review bombed because of all the LGBT stuff.

Also with Red Dead i'm not just talking about the overall score, just read a lot of the individual reviews.

You got stuff like 0/10 because it's not GTA, 5/10 because they don't like snow, 4/10 based on first two hours etc etc.

Imagine actually paying attention to idiots like this, the only semi-negative review i saw that i respected was some guy giving it a 7 but he actually explained in detail why he wasn't a massive fan which is fair enough.

The rest of them where stupid and not worth wasting time on.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:12 pm

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13030
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nah it's been review bombed because of all the LGBT stuff.
Doesn't seem to me. Most recent reviews at least complain about lack of balance/poor gameplay as I'd expect from the reviewers of an online game.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/overwatch/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100&dist=negative

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Also with Red Dead i'm not just talking about the overall score, just read a lot of the individual reviews.

You got stuff like 0/10 because it's not GTA, 5/10 because they don't like snow, 4/10 based on first two hours etc etc.
I'm sure you do have things like that (so does every game) but we will have to do some sort of statistical analysis to conclude what percentage of those negative reviews are unworthy like those you described.

Cause I'm bored and have time today, I decided to do so for (albeit a small sample of 100 negative reviews):

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/red-dead-redemption-2/user-reviews?sort-by=date&num_items=100&dist=negative

Of which I found 25% seemed to be trolls/people who probably didn't play the game/complaining about online, 72% were genuine reviews which in all honesty I could identify with (slow pace and poor gun-play).

I know you like this game and hold it highly but I think it is fair to say a lot of people genuinely didn't feel the same about it as you do. And that's okay.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 8400
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:27 pm

DMC 5 has it’s lowest average rating out of all it’s platforms on the PS4, currently standing at 86. CGmagonline gave it a score of 60, criticizes it for potraying two out it’s three, central, female characters as damsels in distress, objectification of women in general, and «toxic masculinity».

The reviewer claims to be a long-time fan. As if, the series hasn’t always been like this. A few more low score, feminist agenda reviews from the likes of Slant Magazine now, and the average score will drop even further. I just don’t understand why they can’t keep their obnoxious politics out of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13030
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Is that same review which said that's stuck in time and then went on to praise Nier( to be clear i loved Nier but DMC is way better gameplay wisee)

How far are you Thimmy btw? i played a bit early and

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Remember this? Tell me it was not review bombed.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30391
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:13 pm

I only played for about an hour before going to bed last night. I haven’t gotten far. I’m looking forward to play as V. One described him as a character that requires a tedious amount of button mashing, another said he was more of a tactical character. I don’t know who’s right :p Either way, know I’ll love playing as good ol’ Dante.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13030
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:16 pm

M99 wrote:Remember this? Tell me it was not review bombed.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry


A lot of people genuinely didn’t like that game, though. I enjoyed the game, but I personally didn’t mind that it didn’t feel like the traditional, DMC experience that seems to be sacred to the super hardcore fans of the franchise.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13030
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:54 pm

Yet to play RDR2 as the sheer scale and obvious need to sink time into the game daunts me and same with the yet to be played MGSV.

I've a strong feeling RDR2 will usurp Witcher 3 as my favourite game of all time especially given I was in love with its predecessor and prefer more simulation based open world games with a serious tone. GTAV just had no atmosphere at all.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12203
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:07 pm

Devil Meh Cry 5

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Full
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34216
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:37 pm

For real? why?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:40 pm

It's a shame what Firenze has turned into, from the guy who bought nearly every game that came out to shitting on every game without even playing them that comes out if it isn't Souls.

GL's console version of Harmonica tbh.

Sad!

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Played the (very short) demo of DMC5 and was thoroughly impressed.

Graphically they've maximised the consoles potential and added a more intimate camera perspective to which I always prefer and made a clear distinction between the playstyle of Nero to Dante without them having to be a clone of each other as his bionic arm is quite a unique asset.

Sadly the trashy hoe who helps him with the weapons and her cringeworthy and implacable accent and dialogue has me put it off until Ive the heart to bear it.

Japanese view on western culture is so off :facepalm:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12203
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:09 pm

It's a fantastic game honestly, the combat is amazing.

Also just got my first SSS rank Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:13 pm

Just got home, gonna hop on DMC 5 again Smile I'm not particularly bothered by the weapon tinkerer chick, but the pre-order edition of the game came with a Japanese audio pack, so I can just change the language if her accent becomes annoying.

Looking forward to getting my first SSS rank. I have a feeling that I'll master Dante to a greater extent than the other two.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13030
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Jay29 Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:15 pm

Thimmy wrote:I only played for about an hour before going to bed last night. I haven’t gotten far. I’m looking forward to play as V. One described him as a character that requires a tedious amount of button mashing, another said he was more of a tactical character. I don’t know who’s right :p Either way, know I’ll love playing as good ol’ Dante.

I did two missions with V and found him weird to use. It's too soon to judge if I find him good or bad to control yet, but he's very different to Dante and Nero and requires some adjustment.

He's not so much about tactics as he is about positioning, managing resources and coordination. You have to control his two summons at the same time, while also paying attention to V's positioning. You can't just stand back and button mash because V has to finish enemies of, and his range is limited.

My general impression of DMC5 so far is that even though I haven't played a DMC game in about five years, it plays exactly as a DMC game should. I'm rusty as hell, though. Haven't gotten above an A-rank on a mission yet and only a couple of S-ranks in combat.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:34 pm

chillax, i'm just bantering

only played for an hour

I wonder if I'll manage to get halfway competent with any of the characters before I'm done with it though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 34216
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:35 pm

Jay29 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I only played for about an hour before going to bed last night. I haven’t gotten far. I’m looking forward to play as V. One described him as a character that requires a tedious amount of button mashing, another said he was more of a tactical character. I don’t know who’s right :p Either way, know I’ll love playing as good ol’ Dante.

I did two missions with V and found him weird to use. It's too soon to judge if I find him good or bad to control yet, but he's very different to Dante and Nero and requires some adjustment.

He's not so much about tactics as he is about positioning, managing resources and coordination. You have to control his two summons at the same time, while also paying attention to V's positioning. You can't just stand back and button mash because V has to finish enemies of, and his range is limited.

My general impression of DMC5 so far is that even though I haven't played a DMC game in about five years, it plays exactly as a DMC game should. I'm rusty as hell, though. Haven't gotten above an A-rank on a mission yet and only a couple of S-ranks in combat.


I really like him, he's massively different obviously but i like the dynamic of using the summons to sort of command space as you combo them together allowing you to quickly move in with the killing blow before getting back out again.

Some of the transformation skills i'm still getting used to but i'm sure it will be fine, also i've heard people say V teaches you to better appreciate how to command space with the other characters and therefore makes you a better player with Nero and Dante too.

Honestly after playing some with V i could see it, it seems a really good teaching tool above all else.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:38 pm

Firenze wrote:chillax, i'm just bantering

only played for an hour

I wonder if I'll manage to get halfway competent with any of the characters before I'm done with it though


Laughing After Metro i thought you were being serious.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Jay29 Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Jay29 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I only played for about an hour before going to bed last night. I haven’t gotten far. I’m looking forward to play as V. One described him as a character that requires a tedious amount of button mashing, another said he was more of a tactical character. I don’t know who’s right :p Either way, know I’ll love playing as good ol’ Dante.

I did two missions with V and found him weird to use. It's too soon to judge if I find him good or bad to control yet, but he's very different to Dante and Nero and requires some adjustment.

He's not so much about tactics as he is about positioning, managing resources and coordination. You have to control his two summons at the same time, while also paying attention to V's positioning. You can't just stand back and button mash because V has to finish enemies of, and his range is limited.

My general impression of DMC5 so far is that even though I haven't played a DMC game in about five years, it plays exactly as a DMC game should. I'm rusty as hell, though. Haven't gotten above an A-rank on a mission yet and only a couple of S-ranks in combat.


I really like him, he's massively different obviously but i like the dynamic of using the summons to sort of command space as you combo them together allowing you to quickly move in with the killing blow before getting back out again.

Some of the transformation skills i'm still getting used to but i'm sure it will be fine, also i've heard people say V teaches you to better appreciate how to command space with the other characters and therefore makes you a better player with Nero and Dante too.

Honestly after playing some with V i could see it, it seems a really good teaching tool above all else.


I can definitely see that. It's quite easy to get tunnel vision when you're Nero/Dante and get caught up in doing a combo on one enemy while ignoring the other enemies, whereas playing as V conditions you to pay attention to everything going around him because he's more vulnerable.

Part of the adjustment for me is just getting good at using him tbh. Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:12 pm

I bought it today but got coerced into playing Apex, will play tomorrow.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30391
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:35 pm

Played a bit with MT and agree completely with Jay
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:38 pm

MT rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by M99 Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm

Played DMCV up to V's first mission.

I love it. Just having a blast playing it with the soundtrack on full volume. Got S Rank on first mission Proud Agree with Jay on V, I did enjoy playing as him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30391
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Thimmy Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:02 pm

I'm on chapter 11, I think. Dante is definitely my favorite character. Different weapon styles + a couple of different weapons, really helps shake things up and makes him interesting to play as. Nero's arms are pretty neat, but I'm generally not a huge fan of disposable abilities.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13030
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:51 pm

Thimmy wrote:I'm on chapter 11, I think. Dante is definitely my favorite character. Different weapon styles + a couple of different weapons, really helps shake things up and makes him interesting to play as. Nero's arms are pretty neat, but I'm generally not a huge fan of disposable abilities.


I took a break just before chapter 10 ( to play Gwent lmao) so i haven't had a chance to yet but i suspect i will feel the same way regarding Dante.

I have started to warm to Nero's moveset though, after upgrading a bit more i really like him now but before i was a bit meh on him.

I think part of it is not being afraid with breaking his devil breakers tbh, i was really hesitant before to not break them and it seems like their really designed to be used like that.

Also upgrading more skills has helped.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: General Games Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum