The Demon of Carthage
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
Firenze
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:01 pm

We didn't build our team recently. We've only tasted success recently because our key players matured. At one point, a large reason for our success was our exceptional depth compared to the other, significant competitors. We don't have any of that, right now. Little depth that matters, players that are getting closer to their expiration date, and the loss of a player who's been central to our success. I'd argue that Pepe was an important cog in our CL winning campaign recently, as well. What's our strategy now?

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch - Page 6 Empty Re: Conte Internazionale Milano sack watch

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:16 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:who is that 150 million world beater? lol

He doesn't know any, never did. Like he wanted to replace Zidane in 2016
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Nick, I normally agree with everything you say, including that I liked the idea of Lopetequi coming.

However I do find Flo at fault for the bench strength of this squad. He should have signed, as per Lopetequi’s request, a central in place of Vallejo, a lateral in place of Reguilion, a midfielder in place of Llorente or Valverde and a better CF than Mariano.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Conte wants United @Frenzy
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Sign Icardi and Hazard and outscore every team in the world.

Right now teams are happy to attack Madrid because they know Madrid's attack are poor. Gives you more room to risk than when you had prime Ronaldo punishing your every mistake.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:27 pm

danyjr wrote:Sign Icardi and Hazard and outscore every team in the world.

Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:46 pm

I don't know about outscoring anybody, but bringing them isn't actually a bad idea. Icardi is the best available CF on the market right now, and he's miles better than Benzema. So that's a clear upgrade to a position that is in desperate need of improvement. No brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Then you have Hazard, a guy who I have always thought  he wasn't that good and too inconsistent. But beggars can't be choosers and he's actually better than Asensio who's a bench player at best. So I wouldn't say no to that move.

I would also add Eriksen whose contract, if I'm not mistaken, expires in 2020 and still hasn't renewed yet. Those are the kind of opportunities you shouldn't pass up on.

The bench need strengthening, but I would start with the starting eleven first, then gradually add a strong bench player or two every year.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:09 pm

Hazard has been a monster in the WC and to start the season. However, he hated playing for Conte. So if we want Hazard, no to Conte.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:26 pm

It's a risk we have to take. There aren't many decent options on the market right now and our squad really needs to be improved significantly and quickly.

We really need to start the transition that we're supposed to be going through right now Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Both Hazard and Conte denied having an issue with one another.

People said the same about Mourinho and Hazard and only a month ago the Belgian gave an interview saying Mourinho is the coach he'd like to work with again.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:20 am

BREAKING: Antonio Conte has ruled himself out of the running to take over as @realmadrid boss, according to Sky sources.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:36 am

What are other options? Mourinho? Raul? Guardiola?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:37 am

Just let Solari do his thing. People thought Zidane would get replaced at the end of his first season too and he turned out to be Madrid's most successful manager.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:00 pm

I think they'll stick to Solari. Any half-decent manager will reject them anyway.

Look at what happened with Conte. He gave them reasonable conditions and they refused. Our board, as Marca so eloquently put it, is arrogant and lacks perspective. You have to be delusional beyond the bounds of possibility to think the squad you have is good enough to win any major trophies.

They continue to sell their best players and bench players every year and naively think it won't affect them. Not to mention how unfair and hypocritical of them to put huge expectations on their manager without providing them with the players they need to meet those expectations.

Honestly, if the reports of Conte rejecting them are true, I totally understand why would he reject us.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:06 pm

eco smile
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:11 pm

Zidane had good and flexible bench options, as well as a relatively young team with CL experience during his first season, though. Pepe was at the peak of his powers. Arguably Modric, as well. We had issues up front, but CR somewhat compensated for it. I can't think of a time when we had a more solid bench, to be honest. Barcelona can thank their lucky stars for their lack of injuries, because their bench looked like a ghetto compared to ours. Solari isn't taking over a team of the same quality. Many of the same players are there, but with substantially more mileage. Or Ballon D'or nominations, as the club likes to call it Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:23 pm

I appreciate Ronaldo even more now. I knew he was carrying the attack on his shoulders, but I didn't know just how bad his other teammates up front are until he left and saw the bitter truth with my own eyes. I can't thank him enough for his contributions.

And I agree with Thimmy. Not only is Solari getting a Madrid side without Ronaldo, which puts him at a huge disadvantage compared to Zidane . But he's also getting players who are no longer in their prime. Zidane was lucky enough to have Ronaldo AND a bunch of world beaters in their prime.

Solari is not a good coach to begin with, but even if he was, he would still have a hard time living up to the standards set by his predecessor with a significantly weaker team and bench.

I expect him to start strong though. Our players usually respond positively to change, but we'll know how good or bad he is at the end of the season.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:55 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I appreciate Ronaldo even more now. I knew he was carrying the attack on his shoulders, but I didn't know just how bad his other teammates up front are until he left and saw the bitter truth with my own eyes. I can't thank him enough for his contributions.

And I agree with Thimmy. Not only is Solari getting a Madrid side without Ronaldo, which puts him at a huge disadvantage compared to Zidane . But he's also getting players who are no longer in their prime. Zidane was lucky enough to have Ronaldo AND a bunch of world beaters in their prime.

Solari is not a good coach to begin with, but even if he was, he would still have a hard time living up to the standards set by his predecessor with a significantly weaker team and bench.

I expect him to start strong though. Our players usually respond positively to change, but we'll know how good or bad he is at the end of the season.

Ronaldo wasn't carrying your attack on his shoulders, the attack was geared towards him  finishing.
With Ronaldo being one of the best finishers of all times, that worked well.
And even then it's no coincidence that against the best opponents in CL, Ronaldo often couldn't do much and Benzema, and Ramos from set pieces had to win the games for you.

Benzema had found his supporting role alongside, and it's too much to ask for him to suddenly change after all these many years.

Obviously it's madness not to replace Ronaldo with anyone, but I'm pretty sure your board knows that.

They just thought they could ride the vacuum out for one season while observing a) how the youngsters develop and b) what elite transfer opportunities arise.

In hindsight, this was wrong, but then again we must remember what options there were in summer.
Neither Kane, nor Salah, as the ones scoring the most goals, were available. Hazard, Chelsea would have put up a fight and he would have been very, very expensive if he was gettable at all. And then Hazard is not a prolific goal scorer by any measure, he would have created for Benzema and Bale no doubt.
I guess, as stated above, Perez decided to just wait another year, hoping you would be somewhat ok in the meantime.

Contrary to how you've been acting and how you've been throwing tantrums, that's not too unreasonable aplan.

Of course, it went wrong, as the mistake was to overestimate your youngsters (Ascensio), and most of all to overestimate your new coach.

It doesn't help that the World Cup left Modric in a bad state, and his wish to leave not being granted didn't help his form I guess.
But honestly, Lopetegui always was the first one to blame. You can organize a team even if you don't have 20 elite players, and your organization was laughable.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:00 pm

When you say players out of their prime, which one are you talking about exactly?

everybody blames Perez these days. i don't.

lets talk about it. back four. Marcelo, Ramos, Varane, Caravajal. who should we bought? which one should've been replaced?

midfield. Kroos, Casemiro, Modric. which one? who should've we bought?

the only area that we needed someone was attack. a winger or a striker. but then again it is not like we have nobody there. Benzema and Bale are world class players and we have a decent back up CF.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:04 pm

Jardim is still available I suppose, though I expect Solari might just hold on to the team until we drop below mid table, then we will have another stopgap until the end of the season.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 pm

Strong rumours he is back at Juve in a couple of weeks, replacing Allegri
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 08, 2019 11:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Strong rumours he is back at Juve in a couple of weeks, replacing Allegri

Indeed strongest rumours talk about he Is going towards Inter , Di Marzio reports It

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 09, 2019 10:16 am

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Luciano Spalletti???

Roma!!!

Spurs!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 22, 2019 11:18 pm

Apparently it's official now. A Jjuve icon/legend at Inter, nice. Rivalry is just a thing among fans apparently. Can't wait to see Totti coach Lazio, would suit his personality imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed May 22, 2019 11:31 pm

targetting studs like darmian, sanchez and lukaku

interisti should already want him out
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next